NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 959, 960, 961 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Quote:
But that's the proverbial dead horse.

Lol, not ever, ever in this thread. Witness talk of a Spurs deal, Poeltl, Beal, ad-nauseam. That taints everything I read in this thread.

*whisper* I wonder whether the Nets are ready to trade Kyrie now that Durant is out.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Quote:

Lol, not ever, ever in this thread. Witness talk of a Spurs deal, Poeltl, Beal, ad-nauseam. That taints everything I read in this thread.

*whisper* I wonder whether the Nets are ready to trade Kyrie now that Durant is out.

Think bigger

Durant + Simmons for 2 frp and Westbrook
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Quote:

Think bigger

Eww. If we're going to think big, I want Doncic.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

I thought everyone was terrible last night.
Giving up 77 points at halftime was inexcusable.
No one helped Lebron last night, including coach Ham.
Bryant struggled to get 15, Russ struggled even more to get 17, and the rest of the team sucked badly with no one in double figures.

Happy Davis will be back and Rui is here.

Wish we could trade Russ and our other deadweight players.
Though, I doubt Russ gets traded.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers Review
@TheLakersReview
Zach Lowe’s trade idea during the most recent episode of his podcast

Lakers get:

⁃ Zach Lavine

Bulls get:

⁃ Russell Westbrook
⁃ two 1st round draft picks (“one unprotected and the second one has the most limited possible protections that’s allowable under NBA rules”)

Not sure what protections can be had.
But WB is killing me.

LaVine will really kill you when he misses games with injuries, at least Westbrook is durable

I think u can dump the ball to Lavine when Bron sits and he can shoot 3s when Bron is in the game, do it

If this deal happens, it probably only happens in the summer when the Lakers have more flexibility with their picks. From Vas' info, we can't really protect the 2029 1st as there isn't anything to convey those picks too.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject:

I think we we will win the NBA championship. We have the DEEPEST roster in the entire NBA. These injuries have kept our team constantly having to adjust and it always seems like we lose more guys. But the time has come where everyone is healthy again, right?

1) LeBron last 10 games: 34.1 PTS 50% FG 80% FT 9.2 REBOUNDS, 7.9AST
2) Brick last 10 games: 20.9 PTS 46% FG 34% 3PT 7RPG 7.2 APG
3) Bryant last 10 games: 15.4 PTS 58% FG 41.2% 3PT 9 RPG
4) Weyne last 10 games: 9PTS 62% FG 4.7 RPG
5) Dennis last 10: 15 PTS and defense (remember he was coming off injury)
6) Christie last 10 games: 5 PTS on FG 52.6% 3PT 47.4% (3D)
7) Bevs defense has picked up

Now add:

Davis 30PPT 10RPG DPOY he before went down
Reaves 40% 3pt shooter, high IQ
Walker 16 PPG 40% 3pt shooter,
Rui 13 PPG 40% shooter

When Davis and Rui are on the court LeBron will be looking to distribute and that makes Dennis and Bev useless which is GREAT. No more 6"1 dudes pretending they can defend a fade away from a PG13 or Kawhi 6"8 athletic freaks. Now we have actual size in Rui, Brown, LeBron, Reaves, Walker, Davis can now play PF with Bryant, Wayne....This year is ours.

PG.LeBron / Brick
SG.Walker / Reaves
SF.Rui / LeBron
PF.Davis / Wayne
C.Bryant / Davis

NO TIME FOR BEVERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by scout_0 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers Review
@TheLakersReview
Zach Lowe’s trade idea during the most recent episode of his podcast

Lakers get:

⁃ Zach Lavine

Bulls get:

⁃ Russell Westbrook
⁃ two 1st round draft picks (“one unprotected and the second one has the most limited possible protections that’s allowable under NBA rules”)

Not sure what protections can be had.
But WB is killing me.

LaVine will really kill you when he misses games with injuries, at least Westbrook is durable

I think u can dump the ball to Lavine when Bron sits and he can shoot 3s when Bron is in the game, do it

If this deal happens, it probably only happens in the summer when the Lakers have more flexibility with their picks. From Vas' info, we can't really protect the 2029 1st as there isn't anything to convey those picks too.

I agree E, LaVine isn’t likely to get moved until the summer. I do think it’s headed for a divorce but I don’t see it happening in season.

Speaking of asset management, saw this tweet and it’s well said lol

Quote:
Lakers fans getting mad at Pelinka for saying they won’t move their most desired assets unless they get a return that makes them championship contenders. Wtf is he supposed to say “teams please come fleece us for Bojan or a shooter. Take it all.”

Good grief y’all some morons.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
I think we we will win the NBA championship. We have the DEEPEST roster in the entire NBA.

I appreciate the positivity.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
joeblow wrote:
So last night's debacle vs. the Clippers illustrates why Laker defense continues to be an Achilles heel for us.

Sure, AD coming back will help, but his main presence is down low. His surrounding pieces need to be stronger at making it tough for opponents to score. With the nine guard-sized players on the roster of 6'6" or smaller, there's no reason to continue to try to improve the back court. Ham has to find some PG/SG combo for defensive purposes when we need consistent stops.

It's the front court where the real need is. Can Rui help? Signs are mixed. I wasn't impressed with the little I watched of him in D.C., but we'll see what our vets and coaching staff can get out of him defensively.

With that said, we could use an SF/PF with more defensive upside as well as a back up defensive center. One of the best, most realistic option that's affordable for us (i.e., no OG from Toronto) may be Jarred Vanderbilt. That guy can guard the perimeter with height AND length AND tenacity AND results. His 6'8" size would also be able to help down low alongside bigger Laker defenders too.

He's not an all-star though, so Rob might not feel he's worth a FRP, but we have to do something like that or we have no shot of success in the playoffs. The defense is too weak.

Vanderbilt or Thybulle will give us defensive options that can match up with a team like Clips with so many long wings who can score. I think a couple of 2nds plus Walker salary can get it done. Cheaper will be someone like House or Reddish who are out of rotation.

Matisse T. is a fantastic defender, but too small for what we need (6'6"). I don't know who House is, but taking a chance on Reddish would be a "cheap" option to get some size (he's 6'8") and athleticism on the perimeter to help defend.

I mean, the Lakers scored a respectable 115 last night in the loss. Putting points on the board is not our major problem. Stopping the other team from doing so is the major problem (the Clips scored 133).
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:
Lakers fans getting mad at Pelinka for saying they won’t move their most desired assets unless they get a return that makes them championship contenders. Wtf is he supposed to say “teams please come fleece us for Bojan or a shooter. Take it all.”

Definitely, no more fleecing!
And definitely don't give in to Detroit's pathetic asking price.

Quote:
The Athletic NBA
@TheAthleticNBA

The Pistons would need significant value in return to consider moving Bojan Bogdanović before the trade deadline, sources tell @JLEdwardsIII.

The minimum starting point is an unprotected first-round pick.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
I think we we will win the NBA championship. We have the DEEPEST roster in the entire NBA. These injuries have kept our team constantly having to adjust and it always seems like we lose more guys. But the time has come where everyone is healthy again, right?

1) LeBron last 10 games: 34.1 PTS 50% FG 80% FT 9.2 REBOUNDS, 7.9AST
2) Brick last 10 games: 20.9 PTS 46% FG 34% 3PT 7RPG 7.2 APG
3) Bryant last 10 games: 15.4 PTS 58% FG 41.2% 3PT 9 RPG
4) Weyne last 10 games: 9PTS 62% FG 4.7 RPG
5) Dennis last 10: 15 PTS and defense (remember he was coming off injury)
6) Christie last 10 games: 5 PTS on FG 52.6% 3PT 47.4% (3D)
7) Bevs defense has picked up

Now add:

Davis 30PPT 10RPG DPOY he before went down
Reaves 40% 3pt shooter, high IQ
Walker 16 PPG 40% 3pt shooter,
Rui 13 PPG 40% shooter

When Davis and Rui are on the court LeBron will be looking to distribute and that makes Dennis and Bev useless which is GREAT. No more 6"1 dudes pretending they can defend a fade away from a PG13 or Kawhi 6"8 athletic freaks. Now we have actual size in Rui, Brown, LeBron, Reaves, Walker, Davis can now play PF with Bryant, Wayne....This year is ours.

PG.LeBron / Brick
SG.Walker / Reaves
SF.Rui / LeBron
PF.Davis / Wayne
C.Bryant / Davis

NO TIME FOR BEVERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lakers have depth in the sense that they have twelve or so capable NBA players. But that in itself is meaningless. There are too many redundant players with the same weaknesses. As a whole this roster still desperately lacks quality three point shooting and perimeter defense. It's very difficult to consistently win in the NBA without those two key ingredients. IMO Lakers are at best a play in team without another move that addresses one or both of those weaknesses.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Athletic NBA
@TheAthleticNBA

The Pistons would need significant value in return to consider moving Bojan Bogdanović before the trade deadline, sources tell @JLEdwardsIII.

Enjoy Detroit as much as Myles enjoys Indianapolis, Bojan!

No one is going to give up an unprotected FRP. These delusional, mediocre teams never seem to understand how to operate
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Athletic NBA
@TheAthleticNBA

No one is going to give up an unprotected FRP. These delusional, mediocre teams never seem to understand how to operate

Why should they give him away for anything less?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Athletic NBA
@TheAthleticNBA

It’s their right. No one is going to meet that asking price.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

Trade 1 - Russ to Char, Hayward, LA 29 1st to IND, Turner to LA
Trade 2 - Lonnie, DJ, 27 Top 8 Protected 1st to TOR, 2nd, Trent Jr to LA

Turner, Bryant, Gabriel
AD, Rui, JTA
LeBron, Brown Jr
Trent Jr, Beverly, Max
Austin, Dennis

Turner, (26) Bryant (16), AD (6)
AD (28), Rui (20)
LeBron (34), Rui (14)
Trent Jr (32), Beverly (16)
Austin (24), Dennis (24)

+ Brown, Wenya, Max, JTA
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Athletic NBA
@TheAthleticNBA

It’s their right. No one is going to meet that asking price.

Maybe not, but they aren’t pressured to move him. He’s under contract next season and they want to start being competitive. Giving him away makes no sense for them.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
CRoost wrote:
joeblow wrote:
So last night's debacle vs. the Clippers illustrates why Laker defense continues to be an Achilles heel for us.

Sure, AD coming back will help, but his main presence is down low. His surrounding pieces need to be stronger at making it tough for opponents to score. With the nine guard-sized players on the roster of 6'6" or smaller, there's no reason to continue to try to improve the back court. Ham has to find some PG/SG combo for defensive purposes when we need consistent stops.

It's the front court where the real need is. Can Rui help? Signs are mixed. I wasn't impressed with the little I watched of him in D.C., but we'll see what our vets and coaching staff can get out of him defensively.

With that said, we could use an SF/PF with more defensive upside as well as a back up defensive center. One of the best, most realistic option that's affordable for us (i.e., no OG from Toronto) may be Jarred Vanderbilt. That guy can guard the perimeter with height AND length AND tenacity AND results. His 6'8" size would also be able to help down low alongside bigger Laker defenders too.

He's not an all-star though, so Rob might not feel he's worth a FRP, but we have to do something like that or we have no shot of success in the playoffs. The defense is too weak.

Vanderbilt or Thybulle will give us defensive options that can match up with a team like Clips with so many long wings who can score. I think a couple of 2nds plus Walker salary can get it done. Cheaper will be someone like House or Reddish who are out of rotation.

Matisse T. is a fantastic defender, but too small for what we need (6'6"). I don't know who House is, but taking a chance on Reddish would be a "cheap" option to get some size (he's 6'8") and athleticism on the perimeter to help defend.

I mean, the Lakers scored a respectable 115 last night in the loss. Putting points on the board is not our major problem. Stopping the other team from doing so is the major problem (the Clips scored 133).

With Rui on board, I believe we have enough balance offensively. Our defense has been atrocious even with AD. Beverley is the only consistent defender that we have . He need someone to pair upfront for us to have a better perimeter wall. I do like Schroeder effort but he is more of a rabbit chaser. Thybulle has enough wingspan 6’11 to compensate .

Danuel House is a prototypical 3 and D and does not need time to figure out unlike Reddish.

Last edited by CRoost on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject:

Van Fleet and Trent from Toronto. Sell the farm for those two. I don’t think OG is attainable..

You get Van Fleets bird rights to resign him so it’s not just a rental. Van Fleet as your third best player is dynamite. He’s changing agents.

I think that sets the Lakers up for the next 3 seasons, assuming everyone stays healthy, and makes them a legitimate title contender right now.

Westbrook, 27, 29, maybe Christie.

Probably light protection on the picks. Otherwise, unprotected.

Last edited by Reds622 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Maybe not, but they aren’t pressured to move him. He’s under contract next season and they want to start being competitive. Giving him away makes no sense for them.

Them trying to be competitive NOW is hilarious given the makeup of their current roster and the current Eastern Conference. They need to keep focusing on drafting significant young talent and hope they land on someone big like Victor Wembanyama. Them trying to compete NOW would just make them a treadmill team.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ocho wrote:

Them trying to be competitive NOW is hilarious given the makeup of their current roster and the current Eastern Conference. They need to keep focusing on drafting significant young talent and hope they land on someone big like Victor Wembanyama. Them trying to compete NOW would just make them a treadmill team.

Yep. Going for Vic seems more attainable.
Unless they want to just make the playoffs?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Trade 1 - Russ to Char, Hayward, LA 29 1st to IND, Turner to LA
Trade 2 - Lonnie, DJ, 27 Top 8 Protected 1st to TOR, 2nd, Trent Jr to LA

Turner, Bryant, Gabriel
AD, Rui, JTA
LeBron, Brown Jr
Trent Jr, Beverly, Max
Austin, Dennis

Turner, (26) Bryant (16), AD (6)
AD (28), Rui (20)
LeBron (34), Rui (14)
Trent Jr (32), Beverly (16)
Austin (24), Dennis (24)

+ Brown, Wenya, Max, JTA

What are you conveying the 27 top 8 protected to if it doesn't hit?
Vas' stickied post has some good info as to why that will be difficult when you're trading the 29 pick as well.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

I do not at all care for Lavine. He doesn’t solve any problems as far as perimeter defense, size and 3 point shooting is concerned. We don’t need another “shot creator”.

We just saw how much our lack of size hurts this team when we go against someone like the Clippers. Beverley trying to contest Leonard or George was pathetic, Westbrook leaving his man open every time, can’t expect Lebron at his age to do literally everything, etc.

Getting Rui was a big step in the right direction, but we will need at least one more similar sized player and a Center that can protect the rim a bit. Obviously getting Davis back is huge and will help the defense tremendously alone, but like Lebron, we can’t expect AD to do EVERYTHING on both sides of the court every game without an injury.

Guys like Lavine, Derozen, Hield, and even Bojan, don’t solve much of the current issues this Lakers team has. Yeah, Bojan has shooting which is great and all, but come playoff time, teams are gonna lock players like him up and he will end up being exactly like what happened to Joe Harris or Duncan Robinson, a big liability when their shot no longer goes down.

Give me a Kelly Oubre over those guys any day of the week. And give me just somebody else that is capable of protecting the rim a bit next to AD. As much as I like what Bryant provides, I can see clearly now that his rim protection this season is pretty terrible.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
defense wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Quote:

Think bigger

Eww. If we're going to think big, I want Doncic.

Lol, I don't know about "ewe," but, yeah, if we're thinking big, I want Doncic.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ocho wrote:

Yep. Going for Vic seems more attainable.
Unless they want to just make the playoffs?

I like Vic and obviously would be an incredible fit offensively, I just worry about his even worse defense than Thomas Bryant. But I guess if we expect Anthony Davis alone to cover those weaknesses by himself every game, then that would be fine.

Man, this is where not retaining Brook Lopez comes back to bite this team a huge (bleep). Especially when he wanted to be back here. He would have been by far the best fit next to AD and Lebron than probably any other center in the league that’s not a superstar.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

That’s fine, but nothing will change.

Myles Turner, Terrance Ross, Eric Gordon, Bojan Bogdanovic…they all have one thing in common.

If Bojan was going to return unprotected FRP, don’t you think the biggest asset hoarder Danny Ainge would have held on to him?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 959, 960, 961 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 960 of 2545
Jump to: