NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 2555, 2556, 2557  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject:

DS/Brick/Reaves
GTJ/Reaves/Max
LBJ/Brown
Rui/AD/LBJ/WG
AD/TB/Birch
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
levon wrote:
What're we gonna do about Lonnie Walker? God that mMLE signing was such a joke.

He was good when he was getting consistent mins and before his coach jerked around with his role

More like he was giving a strong defensive effort to start the year and as time went on he regressed to the player he’s always been.

Why do people expect a player who has been injured for several games to come out and play like nothing happened? They’re doing the same thing with Anthony Davis. These guys missed a lot of games they’re not gonna come in and just play the way they did before they were injured. Takes time.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject:

There was a post a bunch of pages back advocating for Burks from the Pistons, and I think that would be a very smart pickup for someone. Won't cost close to as much as Bogdanovich would (if the reports are accurate), and even though he's not a bigger wing, he's a big 2 guard who can also play the 3 in a pinch and he's always been a smart, heady player, is a good ballhandler and a solid shooter from both 3-point range and at the FT line. This year I think he's flukily shooting 44% from 3, but even if he didn't sustain that (almost a given), he'd still be a good contributor, and he's under contract for next season, too. I'd give up something like Walker and JTA and 2 SRP for him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:31 am    Post subject:

6 more days!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:43 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
levon wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Lonnie is talented a lot of you guys have recency bias. He played super well in the beginning of the season. He hasnt looked good since coming back from his injury but I still feel like he will have a role to play on this team. He should be our starting 2 guard

I don't think he played super well in the beginning of the season, and none of the numbers bear it out.

Which stats are you referring to? He's pretty middle of the pack but if you would go off of what you guys are saying you would think he was bottom of the roster on all advanced stats. Don't think hes had a fair shake tbh

The metrics have told a different story about Walker all along. He is, in fact, last on the team in RAPTOR, although the other metrics are a bit less negative about him. The raw stats are misleading. His shooting percentages are decent, but he gives you nothing else on offense, and his defense is bad.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:19 am    Post subject:

Hollinger:

Quote:
(* Extended cap nerd sidebar: Although Turner’s new deal is theoretically not subject to a six-month trade restriction the way some extensions are, I’ve also talked to a well-connected source who thinks the league office would make a huge frowny face if the Pacers were to turn around and trade him so quickly after inking a renegotiate-and-extend deal unless it were to another team that would have been able to renegotiate and extend him. San Antonio is the only such team, and that isn’t happening. However, if the Pacers trade him in June, still inside six months, it would likely be a different story; it would be much harder for the league office to argue there were cap-circumventing shenanigans given the time between transactions.)

Quote:
Of course, the Lakers already gave us a partial answer to this existential question when they traded three second-round picks to Washington for Rui Hachimura. Most of my league sources, given anonymity so they could speak freely, pegged this as a 2023 free-agency move more than an in-season roster makeover, and if so, it could be a signal that L.A. intends to keep pushing in chips rather than accumulate 2023 cap space.

The latest hot idea making the rounds — and I will emphasize that this idea has been fairly heavily trafficked in theory despite little evidence that it’s been discussed in reality — is the notion of trading Westbrook and the future firsts to Toronto, unprotected, in return for Klutch client Gary Trent Jr. and likely future Klutch client Fred VanVleet. Both are likely free agents with player options on their deals, but presumably, the closeness of Klutch and the Lakers would make re-upping more palatable.

Quote:
Which takes us back to the nightly torment of the Lakers. Watching James take over games or Anthony Davis casually swat away Tyrese Haliburton’s go-ahead layup attempt, it’s easy to believe in the idea that one or two more good players on a mostly replacement-level roster could make this one of the West’s better teams overnight. On the other hand, the stark math of where they stand and how far that leaves them from the league’s upper crust argues for the opposite course.

https://theathletic.com/4152593/2023/02/03/lakers-lebron-trade-deadline-hollinger/
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hollinger:

Quote:
(* Extended cap nerd sidebar: Although Turner’s new deal is theoretically not subject to a six-month trade restriction the way some extensions are, I’ve also talked to a well-connected source who thinks the league office would make a huge frowny face if the Pacers were to turn around and trade him so quickly after inking a renegotiate-and-extend deal unless it were to another team that would have been able to renegotiate and extend him. San Antonio is the only such team, and that isn’t happening. However, if the Pacers trade him in June, still inside six months, it would likely be a different story; it would be much harder for the league office to argue there were cap-circumventing shenanigans given the time between transactions.)

Quote:
Of course, the Lakers already gave us a partial answer to this existential question when they traded three second-round picks to Washington for Rui Hachimura. Most of my league sources, given anonymity so they could speak freely, pegged this as a 2023 free-agency move more than an in-season roster makeover, and if so, it could be a signal that L.A. intends to keep pushing in chips rather than accumulate 2023 cap space.

The latest hot idea making the rounds — and I will emphasize that this idea has been fairly heavily trafficked in theory despite little evidence that it’s been discussed in reality — is the notion of trading Westbrook and the future firsts to Toronto, unprotected, in return for Klutch client Gary Trent Jr. and likely future Klutch client Fred VanVleet. Both are likely free agents with player options on their deals, but presumably, the closeness of Klutch and the Lakers would make re-upping more palatable.

Quote:
Which takes us back to the nightly torment of the Lakers. Watching James take over games or Anthony Davis casually swat away Tyrese Haliburton’s go-ahead layup attempt, it’s easy to believe in the idea that one or two more good players on a mostly replacement-level roster could make this one of the West’s better teams overnight. On the other hand, the stark math of where they stand and how far that leaves them from the league’s upper crust argues for the opposite course.

https://theathletic.com/4152593/2023/02/03/lakers-lebron-trade-deadline-hollinger/

This is why writers can make a living, easy read, filled a page but the meat is 1 sentence, Lakers more likely to go all in
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:16 am    Post subject:

If brick is still on roster next Friday I doubt they serious about winning
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
If brick is still on roster next Friday I doubt they serious about winning

This!

To be fair, Westbrook has his moments, but too often he's making bad decisions whether it be ill advised shots or bad passes. Surprisingly he's been better on defense than I thought but his insistence on trying to be someone he no longer is capable of being at a high level is hurting the team
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

Call me skeptical on the Lakers resignation for a trade here. They will need unequivocally provide an upgrade to they team, in particular, they’re closing 5 to move a 1st round pick, as I think they are still putting all there FRP eggs in one basket to get another star name (eg beal, Lavine ) It will cause them to deviate off that, which I think they are very uncomfortable doing.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
There was a post a bunch of pages back advocating for Burks from the Pistons, and I think that would be a very smart pickup for someone. Won't cost close to as much as Bogdanovich would (if the reports are accurate), and even though he's not a bigger wing, he's a big 2 guard who can also play the 3 in a pinch and he's always been a smart, heady player, is a good ballhandler and a solid shooter from both 3-point range and at the FT line. This year I think he's flukily shooting 44% from 3, but even if he didn't sustain that (almost a given), he'd still be a good contributor, and he's under contract for next season, too. I'd give up something like Walker and JTA and 2 SRP for him.

I don't think that package would interest the Pistons. If it did, then sure.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hollinger:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is why writers can make a living, easy read, filled a page but the meat is 1 sentence, Lakers more likely to go all in

I hate Hollinger because how he feels about the Lakers, but I do like what he said about GTJ and FVF.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject:

In some regards it’s amazing Rob was able to pull of the Rui trade so early. Definitely feels like a year where deals will only start to materialize within 24 hours of the deadline (lots of posturing).
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 am    Post subject:

Any other era and some GM is salivating at that expiring contract. The parity created by the playin tournament is gonna force us to finish the season with Mr. 2-16, right?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
With Los Angeles Lakers aiming for another trade before the deadline, conversations were had with the Utah Jazz centered on Russell Westbrook, league sources told @BleacherReport:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1621523964093927427?t=EuU-lch6T--I8MiVPpTIYA&s=19
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
With Los Angeles Lakers aiming for another trade before the deadline, conversations were had with the Utah Jazz centered on Russell Westbrook, league sources told @BleacherReport:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1621523964093927427?t=EuU-lch6T--I8MiVPpTIYA&s=19

Haha not fooling anyone rob
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject:

More from that Chris Haynes article.

Quote:
The Lakers continue surveying the market for premium shooting. Detroit Pistons sharpshooter Bojan Bogdanović remains a principal target, but there is league-wide skepticism on whether the Pistons are really willing to unload the nine-year veteran. It's been reported that it would take at least an unprotected first-round pick to get the Pistons' attention.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject:

FVV + Trent for WB should make the Lakers a top 4 team, easy.

I know neither alone is a star, but the depth it gives the Lakers and 2 quality starters, it's pretty big.

FVV, Trent, Bron, AD, TBryant (though Ham won't play TBryant with AD)
Dennis, Bev, Reaves, Walker, Rui bench

That's a hell of a team in this year's weaker West. Is it worth 2 picks? I dunno, but for sure it gives the Lakers a lock for the playoffs and a chance againt anyone in the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject:

The cap is the issue though (repeater tax). After Bron, AD. You don't have a lot left there to give FVV + Trent + re-sign Rui/Reaves before the repeater tax is an issue. However on paper. just for this year and next, it's a hell of an improvement to our team adding FVV + Trent. The thing is as some will defintely speculate, defensively, unless we begin to scheme and make some changes, that team is an excellent offense unit but defensively we may get exposed in the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

These blowhards are just spitballing and know nothing. Let it just play out and don't stress. The only thing we can hope for is Rob doesn't give up FRP(s) for a player who is a FA next season and can hold us hostage.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
These blowhards are just spitballing and know nothing. Let it just play out and don't stress. The only thing we can hope for is Rob doesn't give up FRP(s) for a player who is a FA next season and can hold us hostage.

Yeah I agree with no FRPs for UFA or PO players
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/yossigozlan/status/1621532223190233089?s=46&t=rpSHyaACd5sq3WgEa8EDIw
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/yossigozlan/status/1621532223190233089?s=46&t=rpSHyaACd5sq3WgEa8EDIw

It's a completely unsourced hypothetical that will never happen (not at $47 million, anyway).
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I don’t see the logic here. Extend Westbrook to maintain trade eligibility? That brings his value down, nobody wants to keep him long term do they? If they did, you can do an extend and trade at execution. No need to do it earlier.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

Just my opinion from what I have experienced in the past, Chris Haynes doesn't know squat and just makes up stuff for clicks...
Maybe once he broke news but I feel he's just in it for clicks...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 2555, 2556, 2557  Next
Page 1025 of 2557
Jump to: