NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1391, 1392, 1393 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dennis has been around the block. Stops in Atlanta, Oklahoma, Boston, Houston, etc. I don’t think there will be a market for him that some of the fans think. You guys act like Dennis is this elite point guard making peanuts. He has a bad attitude problem. I could list a few of the things, guy has a handle with one of them on this thread page.

No one is saying that. But he’s certainly proved that he’s worth much more than the vet min, and 5.3 mill which is the TMLE.

Don’t forget he’s been exposed so much this season due to just being a Laker alone. But now he’s also exposed both as a Laker, and a much improved player that’s clearly worth much more than he’s making? Yeah he gone. It’s not even a contest. You would have to be EXTREMELY biased to say otherwise.

Dude is 29 years old looking for the biggest bag possible. That has never changed. Just ask Austin Reaves on that subject.

It’s the attitude problem that you overlook.

There are absolute bums that hang around in the league for years, Jared Dudley, for example, because of their attitude. There are guys with supreme talent, Isiah Rider, for example, that had their career cut short because of their attitude.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:
levon wrote:
I'd be surprised if we keep all of Dennis, DLo, and Austin.

Don't be. That's what we going to do. Sure gone, Beasley. In the bubble,Rui.

Dennis is not gonna happen unless you think he’s gonna accept a TMLE? Lakers will have no cap space to resign him after prioritizing Reaves, DLO, Rui, etc. And most importantly, we don’t have Schroder’s bird rights.

So my suggestion is just enjoy the good stuff he’s bringing NOW, because he will likely be replaced this off-season since it’s nearly impossible to bring him back.

Why wouldn't he take TPMLE? Nobody is going to offer him more than that. We seen what he got last time.

Uh, yes he will. That’s not even a question.

His value in 2021 tanked so much due to playoffs. DS and Troy value will depend on how they do in playoffs this season (provided we get there). Rondo went from vet minimum to unaffordable due to good playoffs run in 2020.

That was two years. No one cares who you were then. They care about who you are now. So that point is irrelevant.

Brook Lopez was a vet min player for the Bucks, then got the bag extension after proving himself to be still a quality Center. It happens.

I think some people here are being INCREDIBLY biased and not objective when it comes to this. I mean, I get it. We would love for a good 29 year old 6th man to come back for just 5.3 million, but it’s not happening.

I meant one bad playoff round tanked DS' value so much. He was highly rated during that regular season and was dreaming of 100 M deal. If DS plays closer to this level in playoffs, we can't afford him. If he's mid, maybe MLE is most he will get.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dennis has been around the block. Stops in Atlanta, Oklahoma, Boston, Houston, etc. I don’t think there will be a market for him that some of the fans think. You guys act like Dennis is this elite point guard making peanuts. He has a bad attitude problem. I could list a few of the things, guy has a handle with one of them on this thread page.

No one is saying that. But he’s certainly proved that he’s worth much more than the vet min, and 5.3 mill which is the TMLE.

Don’t forget he’s been exposed so much this season due to just being a Laker alone. But now he’s also exposed both as a Laker, and a much improved player that’s clearly worth much more than he’s making? Yeah he gone. It’s not even a contest. You would have to be EXTREMELY biased to say otherwise.

Dude is 29 years old looking for the biggest bag possible. That has never changed. Just ask Austin Reaves on that subject.

There are absolute bums that hang around in the league for years, Jared Dudley, for example, because of their attitude. There are guys with supreme talent, Isiah Rider, for example, that had their career cut short because of their attitude.

Yupe like how Westbrook will be playing in China or Serbia next year
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Dennis dreaming of that $100 million bag, while shooting videos of himself on a skateboard. Shades of Vladimir Radmanovic inking that max MLE deal, then breaking his leg in a snowboarding accident and there being a month long debate about whether to void his contract.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Has Dennis Schroder displayed this “attitude” this season?

Isiah Rider, sucked. Dennis Schroder? Doesn’t suck. So that’s why he’s sticking around. Especially in today’s league.

Talent will ALWAYS override whatever “attitude” a player has in major sports. Just ask Kyrie Irving, Deshaun Watson, Antonio Brown (the only reason he’s gone now because he legit left the team/field in the middle of a guy like a crazy person, otherwise he would have still been a Bucc), etc.

He’s gonna get paid. Schroder has proven that especially being exposed on a Lakers team with many nationally televised games, and proving to be much better than ever before.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lakerican wrote:
levon wrote:

Exactly how I feel…Beaz hasnt proved at all he’s a $10 million a year player and either has Rui.

Neither has Bamba. The Lakers will likely be looking at cutting tax payments and those players could be on the cutting block.

This is where you’re mistaken. AD will have surgery in the off season. Who knows when he’ll be back. Bamba is a great insurance policy for $10 million or if he agrees to sign a lesser extension. No way a vet min will do. I’m fact, Rob has been trying to get Bamba for the last 2 years. If he doesn’t work out, they can easily trade him. Center next year is going to be big cuz AD will definitely be limited in the beginning for sure.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Megaton wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:
levon wrote:

Dennis is not gonna happen unless you think he’s gonna accept a TMLE? Lakers will have no cap space to resign him after prioritizing Reaves, DLO, Rui, etc. And most importantly, we don’t have Schroder’s bird rights.

So my suggestion is just enjoy the good stuff he’s bringing NOW, because he will likely be replaced this off-season since it’s nearly impossible to bring him back.

Why wouldn't he take TPMLE? Nobody is going to offer him more than that. We seen what he got last time.

Uh, yes he will. That’s not even a question.

His value in 2021 tanked so much due to playoffs. DS and Troy value will depend on how they do in playoffs this season (provided we get there). Rondo went from vet minimum to unaffordable due to good playoffs run in 2020.

That was two years. No one cares who you were then. They care about who you are now. So that point is irrelevant.

Brook Lopez was a vet min player for the Bucks, then got the bag extension after proving himself to be still a quality Center. It happens.

I think some people here are being INCREDIBLY biased and not objective when it comes to this. I mean, I get it. We would love for a good 29 year old 6th man to come back for just 5.3 million, but it’s not happening.

I meant one bad playoff round tanked DS' value so much. He was highly rated during that regular season and was dreaming of 100 M deal. If DS plays closer to this level in playoffs, we can't afford him. If he's mid, maybe MLE is most he will get.

No one is saying he’s getting $84 or $100 mill either.

We already know this. We keep bringing up that past when it’s just that, the past. And a long one at that. Teams only care about NOW.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Interesting Minutes Breakdown (Guards)

2023 Season (so far)
Dennis - 1835 minutes
Reaves - 1576 minutes
Westbrook - 1491 minutes
(Caruso - 1434 minutes)
Lonnie - 1272 minutes
Bev - 1211 minutes

2022 Season
Westbrook - 2678 minutes
Monk - 2139 minutes
THT - 1511 minutes
Reaves - 1418 minutes
Bradley - 1406 minutes
(Caruso - 1147 minutes)

2021 Season
Dennis - 1956 minutes
KCP - 1902 minutes
THT - 1304 minutes
Caruso - 1216 minutes

One would think Caruso would have gotten more minutes with Lonzo out so long. Also, surprised to see Reaves get more minutes than Caruso and THT getting more than Caruso in 2021.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

WE HAVE LEBRON

That’s the point I tried to emphasize. What has kept the head cases, Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest, etc. in check.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dennis dreaming of that $100 million bag, while shooting videos of himself on a skateboard. Shades of Vladimir Radmanovic inking that max MLE deal, then breaking his leg in a snowboarding accident and there being a month long debate about whether to void his contract.

Your post is just pure pipe dream/wish fulfillment. There is no actual evidence or logic based on what Schroder’s production has provided NOW, without ANY of that previous attitude from the past few years ago.

If anything, Schroder is NOW looked at as a redemption story. Someone that became more humbled, a better player as a result of that, and now will get rewarded for it. I don’t truly know if he has become more humble, but in the public eye? Especially with his positive comments he has made for himself and the team this entire season? He is now being more viewed as such for sure.

Dennis is a good player. If he plays this well in the playoffs he is getting paid. A crazy amount? No, but he is getting paid. If role player PGs get paid for 1 dimensional skills at around 10M+ then he too will get that amount.

I could see him taking LESS to stay in LA though. He's not the same person. People do change. Am I the only one who thought Javale McGee was just a merry minimum bouncing from team to team?

Dennis
-elite speed
-hustles
-clutch
-finishes incredibly well
-DURABLE AS HELL

Last edited by nomoreshaq on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:
Megaton wrote:

WE HAVE LEBRON

That’s the point I tried to emphasize. What has kept the head cases, Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest, etc. in check.

Schroder is not the on the level of these guys for one. I mean Jesus Christ dude, you’re comparing a guy who’s biggest crime was demanding big money a few years ago, to people that started the biggest and most infamous brawl in the history of the NBA, and a infamously “crazy person” that also wore a dress to marry himself.

What does Lebron have to do with any of this? No one views Lebron as some sort of saint, and player that can keep anybody well behaved. Just ask Kyrie demanding his way out of Lebron’s shadow, and Delonte West.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

He hasn’t changed at all though. He snitched on Lebron being unvaccinated in his first stint. He just snitched on Lebron using German doctors LAST WEEK. He hasn’t changed at all.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
He hasn’t changed at all though. He snitched on Lebron being unvaccinated in his first stint. He just snitched on Lebron using German doctors LAST WEEK. He hasn’t changed at all.

does this cat owe you money or something? jesus christ man. i don't see him whining about his role - do you?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

This amongst the scandal of the former MMA fight accusing Lebron of using EPO performance enhancers.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

nomoreshaq wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Your post is just pure pipe dream/wish fulfillment. There is no actual evidence or logic based on what Schroder’s production has provided NOW, without ANY of that previous attitude from the past few years ago.

If anything, Schroder is NOW looked at as a redemption story. Someone that became more humbled, a better player as a result of that, and now will get rewarded for it. I don’t truly know if he has become more humble, but in the public eye? Especially with his positive comments he has made for himself and the team this entire season? He is now being more viewed as such for sure.

Dennis is a good player. If he plays this well in the playoffs he is getting paid. A crazy amount? No, but he is getting paid. If role player PGs get paid for 1 dimensional skills at around 10M+ then he too will get that amount.

I could see him taking LESS to stay in LA though. He's not the same person. People do change. Am I the only one who thought Javale McGee was just a merry minimum bouncing from team to team?

Again, no one, and especially me, is saying that he will get paid a crazy amount.

The only thing CRAZY, is people here thinking Schroder is just gonna take 5.3 million and like it? People here really think a 6th man of his caliber is only taking that much? You would have to be completely clueless of the current NBA landscape and unaware of how much good role players are making nowadays.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lakerican wrote:
levon wrote:

Exactly how I feel…Beaz hasnt proved at all he’s a $10 million a year player and either has Rui.

Neither has Bamba. The Lakers will likely be looking at cutting tax payments and those players could be on the cutting block.

This is where you’re mistaken. AD will have surgery in the off season. Who knows when he’ll be back. Bamba is a great insurance policy for $10 million or if he agrees to sign a lesser extension. No way a vet min will do. I’m fact, Rob has been trying to get Bamba for the last 2 years. If he doesn’t work out, they can easily trade him. Center next year is going to be big cuz AD will definitely be limited in the beginning for sure.

The back up big man has been almost a tough as the wing. Ive been underwhelmed by Bamba, but man this skill set as a shot blocker and stretch 5 is REALLY hard to let go. He would be on the keeper list with DLO and Reeves.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

does this cat owe you money or something? jesus christ man. i don't see him whining about his role - do you?

It goes beyond Dennis demanding the starter job. That’s just a part of the attitude problem I was talking about.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

It goes beyond Dennis demanding the starter job. That’s just a part of the attitude problem I was talking about.

what "attitude"???

why don't ride mr. emo himself anthony davis then?

or

imma pout westbrook?

on the court, what has dennis done regarding attitude?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

DS played well in 2020-21 regular season, was one of the reasons why Lakers had a winning record despite injuries to Bron and AD. Yet he went from earning 15 M to 3.9 M that summer. Who's to say his value is higher than MLE right now at the age of 29?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Jesus Christ dude. What did Schroder do to you?

How do you think Lebron would feel about getting tested for performance enhancers because Dennis ran his mouth? His comments were broadcast on national television.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

He hasn’t demanded a starting job this season. Again, your head is completely in the past, and now current. Your head is in yesterday’s newspaper, and not in today’s weather forecast.

Did you see Schroder complaining when the Lakers got DLO of not starting anymore? Because I sure as hell didn’t. He seems to be taken it pretty well to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

He hasn’t demanded a starting job this season. Again, your head is completely in the past, and now current. Your head is in yesterday’s newspaper, and not in today’s weather forecast.

Did you see Schroder complaining when the Lakers got DLO of not starting anymore? Because I sure as hell didn’t. He seems to be taken it pretty well to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Get back to me when DS signs for.more than TPMLE money. You will probably just go post some of your other takes that make no sense. Like drafting the Purdue center. Lol
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject:

The FA guard market is pretty slim pickings

Russ
Kyrie
D'Lo
LaVert
Will Barton
T-Ross
Bev
J-Richardson
Dillon Brooks
Reggie Jackson
Danny Green
Seth Curry
Lonnie
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
The FA guard market is pretty slim pickings

Russ
Kyrie
D'Lo
LaVert
Will Barton
T-Ross
Bev
J-Richardson
Dillon Brooks
Reggie Jackson
Danny Green
Seth Curry
Lonnie

Curious to see how the market views LaVert and Dillion Brooks.

I’m not excepting teams going crazy on over the hill players like Danny Green. Seth Curry is still a useful piece for SOMEBODY in the right role.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

The only thing CRAZY, is people here thinking Schroder is just gonna take 5.3 million and like it? People here really think a 6th man of his caliber is only taking that much? You would have to be completely clueless of the current NBA landscape and unaware of how much good role players are making nowadays.

Dennis is making $1.8 million this year, and he made $5.9 million the previous year.

I expect him to seek out the maximum he can get. But I am not sure why you think GMs will suddenly give him a much higher value next year than they have the previous two years. It's not like his play this year is significantly better than it was the last two years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1391, 1392, 1393 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 1392 of 2558
Jump to: