NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Heard NY is trying to see if Obi Toppin can get traded for value, what about something like Bamba/Beasley/17th pick for Fournier/Toppin, Lakers take a chance on Fournier with the hope he will be rejuvenated next season under a different scene, Toppin gets the chance to grow with Christie/Reaves

Now you talking IG.

Except I'd rather keep #17 then get Toppin. Just trade Beasley for Fournier since both might want a change of scenery.

I also think Fournier has more consistency than Beasley.

We can also to get Rose instead of Toppin if that’s 1 of your preferences, Rose essentially becomes a insurance PG if we are fortunate enough to get someone like Alex Caruso or Bruce Brown, but I’m glad you like my idea bro, Toppin can be flipped for something else if you guys aren’t high on him, maybe to OKC for 1 if there 1st round picks

I only like Fournier for Beasley.

I want nothing to do w/Toppin or Rose
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject:

Saw a rumor that Rui Hachimura could command 15m a year? Your take guys? I think thats a good range all around. Still fairly young and only gonna get better.

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-rui-hachimura-expected-to-command-at-least-15-million-annually-in-free-agency/?fbclid=IwAR35FAbQ254NTj-i_ewQl-uxaUiYGdrzIPd-S_-S_mPOz2JHd88CQBzs5E0
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Heard NY is trying to see if Obi Toppin can get traded for value, what about something like Bamba/Beasley/17th pick for Fournier/Toppin, Lakers take a chance on Fournier with the hope he will be rejuvenated next season under a different scene, Toppin gets the chance to grow with Christie/Reaves

If you taking Fournier contract then we should get a pick and not give a pick

Why we trading for obi when he plays same position as ad and will want to get paid soon

Agree that we should be getting assets to take on Fournier, especially since one of their execs is apparently still man-crushing on him. We should exploit that.
Not that I want Fournier, just that I'd want those assets to flip.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
REPORT: The Raptors have reached out to Rockets about trading for the No. 4 overall pick.
(via @KellyIko, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-nba-show/id1358187061i=1000614688195)

Does this mean the Raptors are in sell mode? A lot of their players have been connected to us in rumors.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
REPORT: The Raptors have reached out to Rockets about trading for the No. 4 overall pick.
(via @KellyIko, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-nba-show/id1358187061i=1000614688195)

Does this mean the Raptors are in sell mode? A lot of their players have been connected to us in rumors.

Wouldn't mind 17 for OG.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
There was no intention to develop any chemistry with either of them and AD. As I've said during the season, and it came to light to people only in the playoffs.

When you play AD full time at the 5, you are praying that the other side is much smaller than you. It worked against a depleted Grizz team and a 44 win Warriors team that had no size either. When we faced the Wolves in the play in game (and the Wolves aren't that good) or the Nuggets, the lack of huge advantage with AD was negated. This is where a coaching staff and even any roster development manager should be looking at.

This oversimplifies the issue with this roster. Lebron is a PF-ish player at this point in his career. I don't think that the traditional labels apply well to superstars. Lebron has always played the Lebron position, just like Jokic plays the Jokic position, Durant plays the Durant position, and Kobe played the Kobe position. The superstars play their game, and the other players adjust around them. The point is that you can't just stick a SF label on Lebron and build the lineup from there.

So if you are thinking about a lineup with a center, Davis at the 4, and Lebron at the 3, you're not being realistic. Any center will be a part-time player, even if he starts. That's how we won the title in '20. Howard and McGee played limited minutes in the playoffs. Given three years of age for Lebron, this is even more true now.

This is why I regard a legitimate two-way wing as our #1 priority. We aren't going to get a star. That's out of our price range. But other than Vanderbilt, we just don't have much on the wing. The value of a center would be that we wouldn't have to go small when Davis sits, and that we could pair the center with Davis when Lebron sits. Hachimura gave it a go during the playoff run, but we need to do better.

I agree the wing is the way to go. I just don't think we have the means to get it. Beasley and Bamba at their respective options/guarantees are negative assets. At this point, I think we need to just get BPA with our exception considering we have needs everywhere (big, wing, and guard) and and hope between Rui, Vando, Max (especially if he's rumored to have gotten taller), and maybe the pick, the other forward position is covered. I think this group as a whole can keep us competitive during the regular season until Rob works his magic again as the season progresses.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Saw a rumor that Rui Hachimura could command 15m a year? Your take guys? I think thats a good range all around. Still fairly young and only gonna get better.

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-rui-hachimura-expected-to-command-at-least-15-million-annually-in-free-agency/?fbclid=IwAR35FAbQ254NTj-i_ewQl-uxaUiYGdrzIPd-S_-S_mPOz2JHd88CQBzs5E0

That's definitely within the range of most projections I've heard. I would match that amount.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject:

Speaking of Fournier, I think there's a high likelihood he just gets bought out, especially if the Knicks flip him. So I definitely wouldn't give up assets for him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Now you talking IG.

Except I'd rather keep #17 then get Toppin. Just trade Beasley for Fournier since both might want a change of scenery.

I also think Fournier has more consistency than Beasley.

We can also to get Rose instead of Toppin if that’s 1 of your preferences, Rose essentially becomes a insurance PG if we are fortunate enough to get someone like Alex Caruso or Bruce Brown, but I’m glad you like my idea bro, Toppin can be flipped for something else if you guys aren’t high on him, maybe to OKC for 1 if there 1st round picks

I only like Fournier for Beasley.

I want nothing to do w/Toppin or Rose

Gotcha
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Speaking of Fournier, I think there's a high likelihood he just gets bought out, especially if the Knicks flip him. So I definitely wouldn't give up assets for him.

If he gets bought out he will just go to the Clippers lol
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
REPORT: The Bulls “privately” believe Lonzo Ball won’t ever play again 😳

This is sad…
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject:

Do we consider GTJ to be a "wing"?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lonzo Ball NBA draft bust?
Quote:
The Chicago Bulls privately don’t think that it’s likely Lonzo Ball will ever play again, per @dan_bernstein
on Organizations Win Championship Podcast.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chicago-bulls-privately-believe-lonzo-110056924.html

I don't regard guys whose careers are cut short by injuries as "busts." That makes it sound like it's the players' fault. But yes, if Lonzo is done, then his career didn't match the expectations for a #2 pick.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

It could start at $15M, but if we're talking AAV, I'll take the over.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
logical24 wrote:

It could start at $15M, but if we're talking AAV, I'll take the over.

I will do it today if the AAV is 15 mil-17 mil
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Bulls privately don’t think that it’s likely Lonzo Ball will ever play again, per @dan_bernstein

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chicago-bulls-privately-believe-lonzo-110056924.html

I don't regard guys whose careers are cut short by injuries as "busts." That makes it sound like it's the players' fault. But yes, if Lonzo is done, then his career didn't match the expectations for a #2 pick.

That's the way I looked at it, too.

A "bust" is someone who dramatically underperforms his draft position, like an Anthony Bennett.

An injury-ridden career is just bad luck.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Bradley Beal is available this offseason.
D'Lo, 1st round pick and Brown should be able to get it done, he has outgrown his welcome in Washington it seems
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
D'Lo, 1st round pick and Brown should be able to get it done, he has outgrown his welcome in Washington it seems

Yikes no thanks. This guy has never won anything, always injured and is on supermax contract
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
al242 wrote:

Yikes no thanks. This guy has never won anything, always injured and is on supermax contract

His injury issue is certainly a concern, but I suspect a lot of it is attributed to him having to do everything for those Wizards team. With AD, Lebron and Reaves, he certainly won't have as much pressure on him.

We just need someone that can consistently create his own shot, something D'Lo unfortunately could not do.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
al242 wrote:

His injury issue is certainly a concern, but I suspect a lot of it is attributed to him having to do everything for those Wizards team. With AD, Lebron and Reaves, he certainly won't have as much pressure on him.

We just need someone that can consistently create his own shot, something D'Lo unfortunately could not do.

He will be 4th option behind the 3 u mentioned. U want to pay supermax money to 4th option?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Quote:

Wouldn't be surprised he Lonzo was bought out by Chicago at this point.

But Lonzo is also hopefully on track to becoming the Lakers' Shaun Livingston and resurrecting his career here while coming off the bench.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Bron2AD"]
al242 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
al242 wrote:

He certainly would not be the 4th option.

I know many people are high here about Reaves, as am I, but he is not a better player than Bradley Beal...stop it.

Beal would be more like a 2A player, with Bron and AD taking the 1A/1B roles. We need a strong presence to carry us through the regular season when Bron/AD go out for half the season...I have no faith Reaves can do that at this stage of his career.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Wouldn't mind 17 for OG.

DELUSIONAL
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject:

[quote="al242"]
Bron2AD wrote:
al242 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
al242 wrote:

He certainly would not be the 4th option.

I know many people are high here about Reaves, as am I, but he is not a better player than Bradley Beal...stop it.

Beal would be more like a 2A player, with Bron and AD taking the 1A/1B roles. We need a strong presence to carry us through the regular season when Bron/AD go out for half the season...I have no faith Reaves can do that at this stage of his career.

Fine he will be 3rd option. He is an injury prone player getting paid supermax

I would stay away from him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Enough with the "Lets get a third max/supermax!!" strategies. They don't freaking work.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 1559 of 2558
Jump to: