NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2527, 2528, 2529 ... 2548, 2549, 2550  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 3754

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


I’ll give you 2 out of 3 but not Whtirmore. He only worked out for and released medicals to the top 4 teams in the lotto. Everyone passed and a team in Houston who had all the info picked him. He limited his pool and got red flagged basically. No one knew what the flag was
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5108

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


I’ll give you 2 out of 3 but not Whtirmore. He only worked out for and released medicals to the top 4 teams in the lotto. Everyone passed and a team in Houston who had all the info picked him. He limited his pool and got red flagged basically. No one knew what the flag was


I got so used to the Lakers picking sleeper talent I stopped questioning them for awhile. I remember asking why we weren't taking Dale Davis's kid over JHS. When I watched clips of them at Indiana, he looked like the better athlete.

But people said no, Trayce was old and at his ceiling already.

Anyway, all we can hope is that they know something we don't but when I saw people worried about Bronny embarrassing himself, I thought it can't be as bad as what we've seen from JHS so far.

I just want us to get it over with let Bronny play for a season and move on to the next chapter in Lakers history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144450
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bronny isn’t close but pair him with his dad and they will generate a ton of revenue for team and their personal. But bronny seems like a nice kid. Would he want to be an elephant man type sideshow?


How? Ticket sales won’t change, the TV money won’t change. People actually wish to see the kid embarrassed on the largest stage?
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 4372

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.
_________________
“When it looks as if it is a realistic possibility, I want to focus on winning a ship like it’s a goal that can’t be denied. I didn’t see that this off season.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26259

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Jaime is like an Austin Reaves or Clarkson type of situation, he turned pro at 23 and is showing to be able to contribute as his body is more ready for the NBA and he's stayed in college for longer.

He goes to a great organization in the Heat that will get him in the best shape of his early career and instill a culture.

And he'll play 25 MPG.

First 39 games of the season he averaged 14/4/3 on 51% field Goal and 35.3% Three Pointers

Since then across his last 10 games he's averaged 8 points on 39% Field Goal and and 17% from Three.

Either that's the rookie wall, or the league adjusting to him. You take your pick.


JHS is 3 years younger than him and who knows the player JHS will be at 23 vs 20 which he is now. What I do know is JHS is killing it in the G-League and doing very well for someone of his age. That's what we should be more focused on as opposed to the 23 year old looks more ready than the 20 year old... well duh.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 4446
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Jaime is like an Austin Reaves or Clarkson type of situation, he turned pro at 23 and is showing to be able to contribute as his body is more ready for the NBA and he's stayed in college for longer.

He goes to a great organization in the Heat that will get him in the best shape of his early career and instill a culture.

And he'll play 25 MPG.

First 39 games of the season he averaged 14/4/3 on 51% field Goal and 35.3% Three Pointers

Since then across his last 10 games he's averaged 8 points on 39% Field Goal and and 17% from Three.

Either that's the rookie wall, or the league adjusting to him. You take your pick.


JHS is 3 years younger than him and who knows the player JHS will be at 23 vs 20 which he is now. What I do know is JHS is killing it in the G-League and doing very well for someone of his age. That's what we should be more focused on as opposed to the 23 year old looks more ready than the 20 year old... well duh.


well said.

I still have hope for him. He did seem like a project pick and I do follow his G-League proguess, which is impressive. I really hope he can translate it over to the NBA.

I remember Max Christie feeling like a little bit of a head scratcher and I actually love his fit with the team. Hoping to see JHS be a contributor in the coming years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 6463

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 8847

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject:

undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3632

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


you check nba.com? he shrank, he's 6'3" now, lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 6678

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


you check nba.com? he shrank, he's 6'3" now, lol


Combine stats shows 6'3.25" without shoes... So with shoes he's around 6'5".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26259

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


They have 'no athleticism' if the only definition of athleticism is "Can they jump high and dunk hard tho?"
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3632

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


you check nba.com? he shrank, he's 6'3" now, lol


Combine stats shows 6'3.25" without shoes... So with shoes he's around 6'5".


they list lebron as 6'9". so with shoes on, he's 6'11"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 6678

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


you check nba.com? he shrank, he's 6'3" now, lol


Combine stats shows 6'3.25" without shoes... So with shoes he's around 6'5".


they list lebron as 6'9". so with shoes on, he's 6'11"?


I don't know.. Combine stats shows Lebron was measured at 6'7.25" without shoes. Which puts him at about 6'9... Not sure when they update those but there were reports years back that he grew and pushing more like 6'10 now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 7142

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject:

I am not going to worry about JHS. Give him time. The scouting department (Jesse who is the smartest of the Buss kids) has been a strength of the organization. Because of the scouting department successes, I think JHS should be given the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 14902
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I am not going to worry about JHS. Give him time. The scouting department (Jesse who is the smartest of the Buss kids) has been a strength of the organization. Because of the scouting department successes, I think JHS should be given the benefit of the doubt.



Right now, he looks like a mistake particularly when you consider the
options that were there...
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 7218

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Opportunities or not, JHS to my eyes looks to be a bust, while Jaquez looks legit and lets not forget THE LAKERS COULD HAVE DRAFTED A UCLA KID AND SOLD MORE TICKETS!!!!!
One of the dumbest drafts of all time, and I trust my instincts that I'm right.
_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 28429
Location: LA --> Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The low bar we set is drafting JHS over Jaquez, Podz, Whitmore

In terms of embarrassing himself, it would be hard to imagine Bronny not being able to shoot 24% from the field like JHS is this year.

Just sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him play a little with his dad and get it over with.


Pretty ridiculous take about JHS, respectfully.

Those individuals you named are getting opportunity with their current ball club, JHS is getting 0 with the Lakers.

They would get 0 opportunity on this team and you would be saying the same thing about the players mentioned, that you are saying about JHS.

Jaime haven't even done that good in past 10 games.


We’re all speculating, no one knows for sure, but JHS looked like the wrong choice at the time he was taken and looks like the wrong choice now. That’s how it looked/looks and people are acknowledging it.


We don't know what JHS looks like because he isn't getting any opportunity.

It's ridiculous to compare a player getting no opportunity, to players getting opportunity.

People are not even taking into to consideration that the players mentioned would get no opportunity here.

So, it's not even an intelligent take, it's an emotional take.


JHS sucks right now. He’s a big guard but not an athlete. He plays below the rim. He’s not a good shooter. We are all hoping this is all due to inexperience and that he improves in the g league.


DLO was like that when we drafted him. a 6'5" PG has no athleticism. but later on he develops a nice shooting stroke, and has turned into a good pick and roll player. lakers got lucky on DLO, but shouldn't have pushed their luck any further with the JHS pick.


you check nba.com? he shrank, he's 6'3" now, lol


Combine stats shows 6'3.25" without shoes... So with shoes he's around 6'5".


Point he's making is that DLO was listed at 6'5" now he's listed at 6'3"

I think that's more accurate anyways, 6'3" is what he and Reaves both look. I even think Puka Nacua looked the same or even taller on the court and he's listed at 6'2" in the NFL. NBA has always been insanely inaccurate with its height listings even after they normalized it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1277

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:22 am    Post subject:

Surely wish the Lakers could've gotten more wins when they were healthier.

That's why people were right to be irritated earlier in the season when only a few guys had long-term injuries and they were still losing.

The injuries are actually piling up now, and even the increased effort from guys may not be enough to overcome that.

The effort from the team earlier in the season was embarrassing, and it'll come back to haunt the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Jul 2013
Posts: 843

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Opportunities or not, JHS to my eyes looks to be a bust, while Jaquez looks legit and lets not forget THE LAKERS COULD HAVE DRAFTED A UCLA KID AND SOLD MORE TICKETS!!!!!
One of the dumbest drafts of all time, and I trust my instincts that I'm right.


Why so much pressure on JHS lol? He was drafted 17th by a team with arguably the biggest need to win now in the entire league. Hes on a team filled with vets and a generational legend, with a coach who might be coaching for his job, and an ownership group who gets bood by fans if they go more than 5 seasons without winning a title. Hes been pulled out of every game he’s played the second he makes a mistake. How is any player supposed to improve under all of these conditions? Not a fan of the pick myself, but just because a first year player isn’t exceeding in our powder keg of a team has no bearing at all on his future as a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:50 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Opportunities or not, JHS to my eyes looks to be a bust, while Jaquez looks legit and lets not forget THE LAKERS COULD HAVE DRAFTED A UCLA KID AND SOLD MORE TICKETS!!!!!
One of the dumbest drafts of all time, and I trust my instincts that I'm right.


Why so much pressure on JHS lol? He was drafted 17th by a team with arguably the biggest need to win now in the entire league. Hes on a team filled with vets and a generational legend, with a coach who might be coaching for his job, and an ownership group who gets bood by fans if they go more than 5 seasons without winning a title. Hes been pulled out of every game he’s played the second he makes a mistake. How is any player supposed to improve under all of these conditions? Not a fan of the pick myself, but just because a first year player isn’t exceeding in our powder keg of a team has no bearing at all on his future as a player.


At this point you have to just hope for the best but watching Podz and TJD both contribute as rotation players was just salt in the wound.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 39374

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 am    Post subject:

Order of hate by salary

1 Coach
2 Lebron
3 Davis
4 Russell
5 Rui
7 Vando
8 Gabe
9 Reaves

The rest who cares lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1277

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject:

While no team is going to bat 1.000 in the draft(GSW made a MAJOR mistake recently in drafting James Wiseman), the Lakers have made bad draft choices frequently since Pelinka/Magic took over.

Drafting Lonzo was a major mistake, but they did get Kuzma and Hart in the same draft. When you miss out on a chance to draft a superstar, nothing washes away that mistake. So, that was a bad draft despite 2 good picks later on.

Robert Williams was only taken 2 picks after Moritz Wagner. Jalen Brunson and Mitchell Robinson were taken 8 and 11 picks later respectively. Would it have been reasonable to draft those guys instead? I honestly don't know. I would easily say no if it were the top of the draft. But as you get later in the draft, reasonable picks for certain spots becomes larger.

Terance Mann is better than THT, but I don't think it's a BIG loss. Clipper fans love him, but I don't see the big deal with him.

Max Christie vs Jaden Hardy is a wash. Hardy has probably shown a little more, but Christie can still easily end up better than him.

JHS hasn't done much, while other the 3 guys picked right after him have shown some stuff already. Looks bad.

Like I said, no front office is going to bat 1.000. You can point to multiple mistakes made by every front office if you look at it like I just did.

But yeah, it looks bad. Kuzma and Hart are probably the only good picks. You can also say that 2021 and 2022 were ok since there weren't better options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Oklahoma City Thunder are waiving Aleksej Pokusevski, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Pokusevski was the Thunder's No. 17 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft and played 150 games across almost four years.


Can this guy sign on 2 way? I would sign him and get rid of one of our 2 way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2527, 2528, 2529 ... 2548, 2549, 2550  Next
Page 2528 of 2550
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB