NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1401, 1402, 1403 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
governator wrote:
Which $30m player would be good enough to give up Beasley/Reaves?

U want to trade reaves? šŸ˜‚

The Lakers would need to have to take a look at their salary structure after re-signing DLO. AD, Bron, DLO. That's a lot of money.

You now may see some teams give Reaves backloaded contracts. I can see a guy like Pop really like him for his team in Spurs. Fits that culture and style perfectly. Although we will likely try to bring both back, if Reaves is a lot more expensive than 40/4, there's going to be some noise about a sign and trade or letting him go. A lot depends on the playoffs/play ins. If AD/Bron/DLO/Reaves share the floor together and win a playoff series, I think they'll go the extra effort $$$ to keep the latter 2.

Unlike many, I don't think it's a lock this team comes back at huge raises. It's not the way the Lakers FO has ever ran their organization under Dr Buss OR Jeanie Buss. The only time the Lakers were giving huge huge contracts to non-current all-stars was the MozDeng era with Jimchak. I've followed Pelinka/Jeanie pairing, and I feel they don't want to spend mega bucks on non-franchise talent on longterm dollars. I mean by that the supporting cast tends to get 2-3 year deals. Not 4 year max raises. In the case of Austin, he's making a strong case for a 4 year max raise. DLO is a 120M type of contract too, potentially. I'll believe Jeanie goes the Jimchak route, when I see it.

U are talking about a guy that told every team not to draft him and suddenly will go for the money.

Even if it's a back loaded contract lebron and maybe ad we'll be going. I expect the same deal as Clarkson or a Max 3 year deal like kuzma that let's Reaves double dip into the new tv deal

Beaseley/mamba can go. That's 26m freed.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:26 am    Post subject:

We need to sign a back up big now. Get him ready for playoffs. I would def go with a battle tested vet. Someone most likely bron/ad have played with before. Thompson or someone like that.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Youā€™re looking at like Tobias Harris. No thanks. Cut Malik and resign Austin.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
U are talking about a guy that told every team not to draft him and suddenly will go for the money.

Okay, but Reaves just said that he would be going for the money. In fairness, that's what any rational person would do.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
governator wrote:

Not really but Iā€™m curious what his contract value/comp is, can he get like a LaVine? DeMar?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

I really hate this thread.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
governator wrote:

The Lakers would need to have to take a look at their salary structure after re-signing DLO. AD, Bron, DLO. That's a lot of money.

You now may see some teams give Reaves backloaded contracts. I can see a guy like Pop really like him for his team in Spurs. Fits that culture and style perfectly. Although we will likely try to bring both back, if Reaves is a lot more expensive than 40/4, there's going to be some noise about a sign and trade or letting him go. A lot depends on the playoffs/play ins. If AD/Bron/DLO/Reaves share the floor together and win a playoff series, I think they'll go the extra effort $$$ to keep the latter 2.

Unlike many, I don't think it's a lock this team comes back at huge raises. It's not the way the Lakers FO has ever ran their organization under Dr Buss OR Jeanie Buss. The only time the Lakers were giving huge huge contracts to non-current all-stars was the MozDeng era with Jimchak. I've followed Pelinka/Jeanie pairing, and I feel they don't want to spend mega bucks on non-franchise talent on longterm dollars. I mean by that the supporting cast tends to get 2-3 year deals. Not 4 year max raises. In the case of Austin, he's making a strong case for a 4 year max raise. DLO is a 120M type of contract too, potentially. I'll believe Jeanie goes the Jimchak route, when I see it.

Even if it's a back loaded contract lebron and maybe ad we'll be going. I expect the same deal as Clarkson or a Max 3 year deal like kuzma that let's Reaves double dip into the new tv deal

Players always go for the money, especially when they donā€™t have any.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

1. Reaves did not "tell every team not to draft him." The Pistons contacted his agent and said they planned to draft him in the second round and offer him a two-way contract. Reaves requested the Pistons to not draft him since the Lakers had already told him they would offer him a two-way contract if he went undrafted and he felt that was a better location for him. I suspect Reaves would have loved to be a first round pick with guaranteed money.

2. In a recent interview, Reaves said he was ambitious and wanted to make as much money as possible. You're kidding yourself if you think money hasn't always been important to Reaves.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject:

Not having another big body center on this team is going to bite us in the rear during the playoffs. Not sure what the FO is doing here. This is a really good opportunity since the west is wide open.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

ESPN Sources: As NBA and NBPA pursue a new CBA ahead of tonightā€™s opt-out deadline, a deal wouldnā€™t include a change in the minimum draft age rule ending the ā€œOne-and-Doneā€ era. High school players will still need to wait a full year beyond graduation to enter future drafts.

The NBA and NBPA are continuing to meet today and thereā€™s exists a determination on both sides to reach a new long-term Collective Bargaining Agreement, sources tell ESPN. Still, thereā€™s no agreement and work left to do.

Doesnā€™t appear that thereā€™s a pending lockout, but hungry vets still needing a bag have effectively locked out rookies from hitting the roster spots they looking to occupy ie the ā€œUdonis Haslem ruleā€ is still in effect
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyrie on trade to Mavericks:

"This was for the long term, and this was for something that's bigger than ourselves and we can't just be a championship team overnight.ā€

(via @Mavs_FFL)

I hope he follows through and signs with Mavs. You never know with Kyrie.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

ESPN Sources: As NBA and NBPA pursue a new CBA ahead of tonightā€™s opt-out deadline, a deal wouldnā€™t include a change in the minimum draft age rule ending the ā€œOne-and-Doneā€ era. High school players will still need to wait a full year beyond graduation to enter future drafts.

The NBA and NBPA are continuing to meet today and thereā€™s exists a determination on both sides to reach a new long-term Collective Bargaining Agreement, sources tell ESPN. Still, thereā€™s no agreement and work left to do.

Doesnā€™t appear that thereā€™s a pending lockout, but hungry vets still needing a bag have effectively locked out rookies from hitting the roster spots they looking to occupy ie the ā€œUdonis Haslem ruleā€ is still in effect

I wouldn't assume that it is the players who are holding this up. It might be, but the owners are the ones who wanted the rule in the first place.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

Average age of players has dropped almost 5 years from what it was pre-one and done rule. Ironically.

Average age was 26 this season. It was over 30 in the 90s and 2000ā€™s.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
governator wrote:

Not really but Iā€™m curious what his contract value/comp is, can he get like a LaVine? DeMar?

Reaves is better than Demar, or at least, a much better fit than Demar at this point (heā€™s also gonna be 34 this year). LaVine is injury prone. You got people here crying about AD, you want another?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

"This was for the long term, and this was for something that's bigger than ourselves and we can't just be a championship team overnight.ā€

(via @Mavs_FFL)

He will re-sign if Mavs offer him the max. Just like he wanted 198 M guarenteed from the Nets.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

(via @Mavs_FFL)

He will re-sign if Mavs offer him the max. Just like he wanted 198 M guarenteed from the Nets.

Lol at the Mavs if they give that antisemite THAT contract.

Please Mavs, become the laughing stock of the league. Waste those resources.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

Average age of players has dropped almost 5 years from what it was pre-one and done rule. Ironically.

Average age was 26 this season. It was over 30 in the 90s and 2000ā€™s.

I think those numbers are a little high.

It seemed odd to me that the average NBA player was ever as high as 30, so I googled and found this:

https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/average-age-nba-players/

It said the highest average age of NBA players in any year was 28.1 in 2000.

The lowest average age of NBA players is 26.1 - in 2022, 1963, and 1956.

When the one-and-done rule was implemented in 2005, the average age of NBA players was 27.3 It is now 26.1. So the difference is about 1.2 years, rather than 5 years.

The "weighted age" by who gets minutes is closer -- 27.3 in 2005, 26.5 today
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Not having another big body center on this team is going to bite us in the rear during the playoffs. Not sure what the FO is doing here. This is a really good opportunity since the west is wide open.

You have to believe Bamba will be ready. If not then yes complete negligence in the FO
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject:

If Kyrie re-signs with the Mavs what's the odds Luka walks at some point
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Luka is signed through the end of 2026-27. A lot can happen in four years, so who knows?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't assume that it is the players who are holding this up. It might be, but the owners are the ones who wanted the rule in the first place.

It sounds mutual.

Quote:
NBA owners and executives were largely indifferent or fully against returning to high school gymnasiums to evaluate players, and even less enthusiastic about that idea without concessions from the NBPA on providing increased access to pre-draft player medical information and increased participation in several elements of the draft combine, sources said.

Quote:
NBPA executive director Tamika Tremaglio has spoken publicly of veteran players' concerns about 18-year-old players taking away roster spots as a reason for pause on lowering the age. Also, the rise of significant financial opportunities for players before joining the NBA -- including name, image and likeness rights in NCAA basketball and actual contracted pay with the G League Ignite and Overtime Elite programs -- has softened the NBPA's belief there needed to be an aggressive push for lowering the draft limit, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36018751/sources-nba-nbpa-table-minimum-age-discussion-cba-talks
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:

Luka is signed through the end of 2026-27. A lot can happen in four years, so who knows?

That 2026-2027 year is a player option. He can easily decline that and be a free agent a year earlier if he wants to move on.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Quote:
NBA owners and executives were largely indifferent or fully against returning to high school gymnasiums to evaluate players, and even less enthusiastic about that idea without concessions from the NBPA on providing increased access to pre-draft player medical information and increased participation in several elements of the draft combine, sources said.

Quote:
NBPA executive director Tamika Tremaglio has spoken publicly of veteran players' concerns about 18-year-old players taking away roster spots as a reason for pause on lowering the age. Also, the rise of significant financial opportunities for players before joining the NBA -- including name, image and likeness rights in NCAA basketball and actual contracted pay with the G League Ignite and Overtime Elite programs -- has softened the NBPA's belief there needed to be an aggressive push for lowering the draft limit, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36018751/sources-nba-nbpa-table-minimum-age-discussion-cba-talks

Is that a concern for the g league? The g league veterans losing a roster spot to a high school kid. Or are the ignite and overtime elite programs only for high school kids? I donā€™t follow the g league
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:

That 2026-2027 year is a player option. He can easily decline that and be a free agent a year earlier if he wants to move on.

And not only that but if the Mavs are in a situation where they have to trade him or lose him for nothing, then things will happen a year earlier. So not 4 years at all, more like 2 at the most if he really is disgruntled next to Kyrie.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Keeping a higher age limit to enter the NBA could also help the league develop value in G-League franchises and players could earn decent salaries while training for the NBA. Essentially, they can extract more value from College Basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1401, 1402, 1403 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 1402 of 2545
Jump to: