NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
32 wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt. This guy was hot on Kyrie being traded to the Lakers during summer league as was a lot of people. Now he says the Nets are now willing to take Westbrook.

Quote:
My apologies on not spacing last night..but in short the Lakers are now willing to give up the 27/29 1st rd picks and a Brooklyn is willing to take on Westbrook. No timetable but the discussions are starting to heat up. #LakersNation

https://twitter.com/fadde/status/1558852107054108672?t=YmxoE4aDAC-ls6fBhJRPMA&s=19

This guy isn't reliable though?

I looked him up out of curiosity. He seems more concerned about the FBI search warrants on Trump. He might have a insider connection. You never know. It didn't seem very likely, though.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This isn’t just a simple, if you want to hold out you will have to wait until we find a better deal.. the more he drags this out the more his value decreases, the Nets aren’t gonna put up with superstars who are holding the Organization hostage.

Everyone laughed at Morey thinking he could get a superstar in exchange for Simmons. And that the longer he held out, the more depressed his value would be.

He got a much better return than the ones being offered when Simmons first demanded his trade. The playbook on this has already been written. No need to rush a trade.

Did Simmons demand a trade?

Yes, he sat out and refused to play for them again. I’d say that’s pretty equivalent to a trade demand.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Again, people are overlooking that the Nets could hang onto Durant and never trade him. It's not like that trading him is mandatory or inevitable.

If Kevin holds out, then what good does that do? Kevin has already been paid 25% of his salary for next season, so it isn't like the Ben Simmons situation in Philadelphia. Kevin could hold out next season with $11 million in his pocket.

If Kevin holds out, the Nets can recover the money from him. It's an advance against services. If he doesn't provide the services, they can sue to get it back.

Kevin won't hold out. He'll sit out. If his doctor says his knee/ankle/achilles flares up, the team cannot make him play. The team can ask him to see their doctor, but with his history, it's unlikely that the team doctor will disagree with any concerns KD's private physican has. Moreover, if for some reason the Nets dr. thinks KD's claim is bogus, they'd have to go before an arbitrator, which generally skews 75/25 in favor of the player. In the instance that the arbitrator rules for the Nets, you're probably 60 games into the season by the time it all plays out. Plus, they cannot dock Kevin for the time the case was in arbitration and they look like a-holes to any potential free agents.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

49k followed with a blue check Mark that has to mean something right?
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt. This guy was hot on Kyrie being traded to the Lakers during summer league as was a lot of people. Now he says the Nets are now willing to take Westbrook.

Quote:
My apologies on not spacing last night..but in short the Lakers are now willing to give up the 27/29 1st rd picks and a Brooklyn is willing to take on Westbrook. No timetable but the discussions are starting to heat up. #LakersNation

https://twitter.com/fadde/status/1558852107054108672?t=YmxoE4aDAC-ls6fBhJRPMA&s=19

Take it with a grain of salt is pushing it

He posted this on July 8:

https://twitter.com/fadde/status/1545612636577861632

Quote:
The Lakers/Kyrie deal is pretty much done. Sean Marks the gm of the Nets needs to maximize his get for Durant. Expect the news on both by the 17th of July. #LakersNation

Another RDAmbtion that should be ignored until otherwise.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Lakers/Kyrie deal is pretty much done. Sean Marks the gm of the Nets needs to maximize his get for Durant. Expect the news on both by the 17th of July. #LakersNation

Yes. But a lot of people were reporting it was close during summer league. I think he has a connection.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

I’m going to be optimistic….and connect this with what was reported with the Bron / FO meeting. It was reported that it was positive and Bron liked what he heard. Pelinka was going to make changes but to be patient…by patient he meant we may have a deal with the Nets but they have to figure out KD first. Once they do a deal can be had….then the report about other potential deals infers that if the Nets deal doesn’t come through they can turn to Indy or Utah. At least that’s what I’m hoping.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. But a lot of people were reporting it was close during summer league. I think he has a connection.

He reported the deal and it being "done" because that was the "word" floating around the Las Vegas summer league.

https://twitter.com/fadde/status/1545613599976042496

Quote:
The entire city of Las Vegas knows. Multiple NBA teams saying the same thing. Teams are now scrambling to get Durant.

https://twitter.com/fadde/status/1545614111530094593

Quote:
Hahaha it’s literally everywhere here in Vegas. Being in the sports industry for as long as I have…people can’t keep secrets

He hasn't shown any connections otherwise.

Last edited by dabask11 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/1558974229973856256?s=21&t=Y6v0MFZZ5saHFIfIdVg0_w

👀
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/1558974229973856256?s=21&t=Y6v0MFZZ5saHFIfIdVg0_w

👀

Nice find
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I could see a way were we get Irving/Pat Bev and perhaps another piece from the Jazz.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Kevin won't hold out. He'll sit out. If his doctor says his knee/ankle/achilles flares up, the team cannot make him play. The team can ask him to see their doctor, but with his history, it's unlikely that the team doctor will disagree with any concerns KD's private physican has. Moreover, if for some reason the Nets dr. thinks KD's claim is bogus, they'd have to go before an arbitrator, which generally skews 75/25 in favor of the player. In the instance that the arbitrator rules for the Nets, you're probably 60 games into the season by the time it all plays out. Plus, they cannot dock Kevin for the time the case was in arbitration and they look like a-holes to any potential free agents.

While it is true that Durant could feign an injury, most of what you're saying gets into complex provisions of the CBA. Sorting them out is more trouble than it's worth. However, I can say that (1) the grievance probably wouldn't be decided during the season, as is the case with Ben Simmons' grievance (which I don't think has even been heard yet), and (2) the Nets can absolutely dock his pay until they get a decision.

As for how the Nets would look to potential free agents, well, we've heard that one a number of times over the years. It's not just in the NBA, either. The argument goes that, if Team X plays hardball with Player Y, then free agents aren't going to want to play for Team X. I can't think of a case in which it has ever turned out to be true. Money talks.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Nets fans

Our team right now

Claxton/Warren/Harris/Kyrie/Simmons
    Sharpe/Edwards/O'Neale/Curry/Mills

I mean, we can make the play in at worst with these guys. Let KD sit until someone makes a legitimate offer.

You know what, they deserve a lottery season. The only scoring in that starting line up is from Kyrie and TJ (who hasn't played since the bubble). They might actually be better with Cam Thomas instead of Ben Simmons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Again, people are overlooking that the Nets could hang onto Durant and never trade him. It's not like that trading him is mandatory or inevitable.

If Kevin holds out, then what good does that do? Kevin has already been paid 25% of his salary for next season, so it isn't like the Ben Simmons situation in Philadelphia. Kevin could hold out next season with $11 million in his pocket.

If Kevin holds out, the Nets can recover the money from him. It's an advance against services. If he doesn't provide the services, they can sue to get it back.

We're back at the, "what good does that do?" The Nets aren't winning games and they don't control their first round draft pick. Kevin wants out. Kyrie wants a new contract. Ben doesn't want to play there. That team is a mess.

ikr? Frankly, I don't really care what happened to them or to KD? All I really care about is what happens to Kyrie. I can't remember the last time we've discussed a bottom feeder team this much on this forum. Marks is thinking KD is a 9 while everyone else thinks he's a 6. Marks needs to come to his senses.

Marks has come to his sesnses and is trying to get the best deal he can for KD. It’s doubtful that has much to do with Kyrie. Kyrie has opted in and said that he wants to remain with the Nets. What KD does won’t change that. They likely reach agreement during the season on a new deal for Kyrie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

👀

Im not sure which of those 4 will actually play.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

While it is true that Durant could feign an injury, most of what you're saying gets into complex provisions of the CBA. Sorting them out is more trouble than it's worth. However, I can say that (1) the grievance probably wouldn't be decided during the season, as is the case with Ben Simmons' grievance (which I don't think has even been heard yet), and (2) the Nets can absolutely dock his pay until they get a decision.

As for how the Nets would look to potential free agents, well, we've heard that one a number of times over the years. It's not just in the NBA, either. The argument goes that, if Team X plays hardball with Player Y, then free agents aren't going to want to play for Team X. I can't think of a case in which it has ever turned out to be true. Money talks.

I don't believe they can dock his pay if he reports and sits out.

WRT to teams/situations FA will avoid:

Ainge (usually listed as #1 bridge burner of GMs) ran the Celtics for 18 years. In that 18 years, he signed one max FA (Gordon Hayward). In fact, the only other starter I can see that he signed was Mike James.

RC Buford (usually listed as too rigid an org for FA) ran the Spurs for 17 years. In that 17 years, he signed on max FA (LaMarcus Aldridge). He did a great job with old ring chasers like Finley (32), Horry (33) and West (35), but they were at the minimum, except for Horry, who signed for below the MLE.

John Paxson (Bulls post MJ #1) - in 6 years signed a washed up Ben Wallace as his big FA.

Gar Forman (Bulls post MJ #2) - in 10 years, signed Pau Gasol for the MLE and Thad Young

There is a there there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:

We're back at the, "what good does that do?" The Nets aren't winning games and they don't control their first round draft pick. Kevin wants out. Kyrie wants a new contract. Ben doesn't want to play there. That team is a mess.

ikr? Frankly, I don't really care what happened to them or to KD? All I really care about is what happens to Kyrie. I can't remember the last time we've discussed a bottom feeder team this much on this forum. Marks is thinking KD is a 9 while everyone else thinks he's a 6. Marks needs to come to his senses.

Marks has come to his sesnses and is trying to get the best deal he can for KD. It’s doubtful that has much to do with Kyrie. Kyrie has opted in and said that he wants to remain with the Nets. What KD does won’t change that. They likely reach agreement during the season on a new deal for Kyrie.

So you are basically saying that you think the Nets will cave and offer him a fully guaranteed 4 or 5-year max deal. Seems pretty unlikely to me. He knows full well that the Lakers will give him the bag, due to our obvious desperation. I haven't read any indication that the Nets have moved off their stance of not wanting to fully pay him. And I don't blame them, to be clear.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

I have trouble imagining that Durant is going to hold out by feigning an injury. I doubt he'll want all the public grief that goes along with that.

Anyway, all this is just another piece of speculation on a big mountain of speculation. We'll see if the holdout speculation ever amounts to anything.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Ainge (usually listed as #1 bridge burner of GMs) ran the Celtics for 18 years. In that 18 years, he signed one max FA (Gordon Hayward). In fact, the only other starter I can see that he signed was Mike James.

RC Buford (usually listed as too rigid an org for FA) ran the Spurs for 17 years. In that 17 years, he signed on max FA (LaMarcus Aldridge). He did a great job with old ring chasers like Finley (32), Horry (33) and West (35), but they were at the minimum, except for Horry, who signed for below the MLE.

John Paxson (Bulls post MJ #1) - in 6 years signed a washed up Ben Wallace as his big FA.

Gar Forman (Bulls post MJ #2) - in 10 years, signed Pau Gasol for the MLE and Thad Young

There is a there there.

I am dubious of the notion that playing hardball with Durant is going to affect players' decisions about Brooklyn in the future. Players consider a lot of factors.

Take the Spurs. I question the assumption that free agents didn't sign there because it is "listed as too rigid an org for FA."

There are lots of reasons max free agents didn't sign there: The team was loaded with stars and didn't have a max slot, for instance.

And really signing a max free agent once in 17 years isn't that bad. Before Lebron, we hadn't signed a max free agent in 22 years. Max free agents aren't all that common.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I have trouble imagining that Durant is going to hold out by feigning an injury. I doubt he'll want all the public grief that goes along with that.

This is the same Durant that set up fake twitter accounts just to fight with fans? Much like his teammate Kyrie, he doesn't strike me as a man who cares at all about public opinion. $300 million in career earnings, a couple championships and a guaranteed first ballot ascension to the Hall no matter what kind of makes you bullet proof from public grief.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

This is the same Durant that set up fake twitter accounts just to fight with fans? Much like his teammate Kyrie, he doesn't strike me as a man who cares at all about public opinion. $300 million in career earnings, a couple championships and a guaranteed first ballot ascension to the Hall no matter what kind of makes you bullet proof from public grief.

This.

Saved me time from replying to that.

KD don't give AF.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Yes, they can dock his pay if he refuses to play.

Your various analogies involve teams that you think max free agents avoid for vague reasons. This assumes that signing max free agents is some sort of barometer, when in fact a lot of teams go years and even decades without having an open max slot. More importantly, what you're missing is a connection to the team supposedly mistreating a player and future free agents punishing the team for it. The closest example I can think of for any of those teams is the Isaiah Thomas thing a few years back, and yet we now see Durant listing the Celtics as a preferred destination.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Actually, the fact that he used fake Twitter accounts tells me that he's fairly thin skinned and that he cares a lot about public opinion. The way that he deals with this stuff is exactly the opposite of Irving.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject:

Can anyone explain why the Nets traded a first round pick for Royce O'Neale?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Actually, the fact that he used fake Twitter accounts tells me that he's fairly thin skinned and that he cares a lot about public opinion. The way that he deals with this stuff is exactly the opposite of Irving.

Those fake accounts...everyone knows it's him.

If he thinks he got dissed he will spew obscenities towards anyone who did it through those burner accounts.

He doesn't care what the public thinks of him.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next
Page 170 of 2554
Jump to: