NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2994, 2995, 2996 ... 3011, 3012, 3013  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Wood's not on the veterans minimum.

Is this right? Do we get the tpMLE open if we move Wood and Cam?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:00 am    Post subject:

JHS-Wood-Cam-FRP for Kessler and pick up tpMLE?

DLO-Rui-FRP for Jerami Grant

Tyus Jones for tpMLE

Gordon Hayward for vet min
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Wood's not on the veterans minimum.

Is this right? Do we get the tpMLE open if we move Wood and Cam?

Sorry MJST, but Wood is on a vet min deal. The reason he is a cap hit if 3.04m vs Cam/Hayes, who are 2.46m cap hits is do to their career seasons served. All 3 were signed to 2yr vet min deals (player options on 2nd yr), but since Wood was an 8yr vet at the time of signing vs Cam/Hayes being 6tr vets, their cap hits were different.

As for how vet min deals are handled in trade pre Dec 15th, 2 or more vet mins can be aggregated and traded by themselves, but cannot be aggregated and traded with salary that is more than the minimum.

@Gov, This is why JHS (#17 rookie scaled salary) cannot be aggregated with 2 or more vet min deals in a trade as you presented above. For that matter neither can MaxL or Bronny, who are on rookie min deals but via the SRE (Second Round Exception). Had they been signed like MaxC and Reaves prior, who were on 2yr rookie min deals using the minimum exceptions, then MaxL/Bronny too would be classified as vet min contracts. The only vet min exclusive trades that work pre-Dec 15th are if 2 or more of Woods, Cam and Hayes are aggregated together without the use of any other salaries.

Quote:
There will be a cap on how many minimum contracts can be thrown into a deal when that deal is done at any time except for Dec. 15 through the trade deadline. In deals outside that period, if a team is aggregating two or more salaries in a trade and getting at least one player back, and the number of contracts that team is sending out is more than the amount of players it is receiving in return, then that team cannot trade more than one minimum contract. But a team can aggregate two minimum deals if they are the only contracts the team is sending out.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/4607105/2023/06/28/nba-cba-new-rules/

Cam + Hayes +250k (ie salary matching theshold) = up to 5.17m incoming player

Woods + Cam or Hayes + 250k = up to 5.75m incoming player

Woods + Cam + Hayes + 250k = up to 8.21m incoming player

Btw thanks to @LF for finding out that 250k salary matching threshold on the new 100% player aggregation aggregation rule for teams using trade aggregation rules that are already above the 1st Apron, but below the 2nd Apron hardcap.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

I look at all these trade proposals and have to wonder if indeed Rob is
actively looking at trades. Or does he feel his deed is done by keeping
Lebron a little longer in order to fill some seats?

The most I've seen are a few maybe seeded rumors.

Okay, life goes on.....
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:48 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I look at all these trade proposals and have to wonder if indeed Rob is
actively looking at trades. Or does he feel his deed is done by keeping
Lebron a little longer in order to fill some seats?

The most I've seen are a few maybe seeded rumors.

Okay, life goes on.....

It takes two to tango and it seems like more teams are being cost conscious even as guys are getting $300 million+ contracts.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject:

with the salary cap/aprons or whatever you call them, makes the guys on the margins way more valuable. We saw it play out all playoffs. Those guys, quality ones are now harder to come by. This is what makes robs vision so far, really lame.

he signed guys that arent margin guys for any team. now we are stuck with them
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Trade Package for Brandon Ingram

Pelicans Get:
Rui Hachimura
Gabe Vincent
JHS
Christian Wood
Cam Reddish
First Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Brandon Ingram

Lakers sign Spencer Dinwiddie in Free Agency for the veterans minimum

Roster:

Starters:
DLO
Max Christie
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Austin Reaves
Dalton Knecht / Maxwell Lewis
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes

Yay or Nay?

NOP is not taking our garbage for BI.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Pelicans Get:
Rui Hachimura
Gabe Vincent
JHS
Christian Wood
Cam Reddish
First Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Brandon Ingram

Roster:

Starters:
DLO
Max Christie
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes

Yay or Nay?

Any roster that has DLo starting is a nay. At best he should be our 7th man
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

Pelicans Get:
Rui Hachimura
Gabe Vincent
JHS
Christian Wood
Cam Reddish
First Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Brandon Ingram

Roster:

Starters:
DLO
Max Christie
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes

Yay or Nay?

Any roster that has DLo starting is a nay. At best he should be our 7th man

even though he was clearly our 3rd best player last season? rarely missed any games? had good games in the playoffs?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think the issue is Jeanie believes she is doing what her father did which was always have a "competitive" re-build. You have a situation where each year you have a shot because you have "great" players, IE 2 stars but you also re-build with some good drafting and player development.

The Lakers did that between Magic era and Kobe/Shaq era and again with the Shaq era to the Kobe/Gasol era. Then they had that whole era that Jeanie trashed her brother for tank city, which ended only when we traded everything for AD post Lebron choosing to retire in LA.

I think she wants to hang on super tight to AD/Bron because it keeps them competitive and then she's hoping that we strike gold in the draft eventually.

I mean I really don't know if there's one proven way, but I would feel better about our odds at getting a significant player if we had more draft picks than less draft picks.

I will know if they are serious about re-building a team if they don't move picks for short term gain. If they are truly serious about player development then they will be patient and also give Christie, JHS, Kenecht significant PT this year, at least a top 9 rotational steady role.

If they were serious about competitive excellence, they would hire more qualified people throughout the organization. Instead, it's friends, family and unpaid consultants.

Exactly.

This team is a “contender” only for marketing purposes to keep the money coming in. That’s what Jeanie truly cares about, along with the fact that her identity is tied into owning the Lakers. She’s a nobody otherwise.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think the issue is Jeanie believes she is doing what her father did which was always have a "competitive" re-build. You have a situation where each year you have a shot because you have "great" players, IE 2 stars but you also re-build with some good drafting and player development.

The Lakers did that between Magic era and Kobe/Shaq era and again with the Shaq era to the Kobe/Gasol era. Then they had that whole era that Jeanie trashed her brother for tank city, which ended only when we traded everything for AD post Lebron choosing to retire in LA.

I think she wants to hang on super tight to AD/Bron because it keeps them competitive and then she's hoping that we strike gold in the draft eventually.

I mean I really don't know if there's one proven way, but I would feel better about our odds at getting a significant player if we had more draft picks than less draft picks.

I will know if they are serious about re-building a team if they don't move picks for short term gain. If they are truly serious about player development then they will be patient and also give Christie, JHS, Kenecht significant PT this year, at least a top 9 rotational steady role.

If they were serious about competitive excellence, they would hire more qualified people throughout the organization. Instead, it's friends, family and unpaid consultants.

Exactly.

This team is a “contender” only for marketing purposes to keep the money coming in. That’s what Jeanie truly cares about, along with the fact that her identity is tied into owning the Lakers. She’s a nobody otherwise.

Her family has owned the team for 45 years and there is no incentive for them to sell. In fact, it's in Jesse's best interest to keep the team in perpetuity, because he eventually will become the sole owner.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

DeJounte responding to a fan questioning his defensive attitude towards this upcoming season.

Quote:
Dejounte Murray: Another Casual That Don’t Watch Hoops Or Really Know What’s Going On With His FAVORITE TEAM!! 😂 Ask Your Head Coach Why When I Begged Him For Me To Guard The Best Players I Was Told They Wanna Save My Energy For Scoring!!! Hahahaha 🤷🏽‍♂️ You Will See A MONSTER On Defense 24-25 SZN

https://x.com/SayWhichWay/status/1810869991291441654
(Vid within link)

…what possibly could have been with AD having dude’s back on that side of the ball. Sigh….

From one Klutch klient to another….

Quote:
Gary Trent Jr. is a strong candidate to potentially take a one-year deal in order to rebuild his market value for 2025.

The Raptors are officially moving on, so Trent could become a key rotation piece on a contending team.

Trent shot 43.1% on catch-and-shoot threes this season.

https://x.com/esidery/status/1811076683337769401

First things first, we need to get off of at least Wood + either Cam or Hayes to open up that tpMLE to use on someone.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject:

Vegas summer league starts soon, it’s gonna be exciting cause I think Pelinka is gonna be busy working with other GMs while there in Summer league on talking possible deals
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
DeJounte responding to a fan questioning his defensive attitude towards this upcoming season.

Dejounte seemed to blame his teammates poor defense on his own. It does take a team effort to defend, but I’ve got bad news for him about Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum, and Zion Williamson.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
First things first, we need to get off of at least Wood + either Cam or Hayes to open up that tpMLE to use on someone.

It’s very strange this hasn’t been done already.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

Watch GTJ sign with the Spurs, he looks like someone who will fit in well with the Spurs
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

Man are we going to do anything at all? Ive been on the GTJ boat since the bubble days. Would love him.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Watch GTJ sign with the Spurs, he looks like someone who will fit in well with the Spurs

You mean vaguely like a taller patty mills?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

GTJ to Nuggets make too much sense. They actually have a starting 2 spot available and Jokic has been getting guys paid. Meanwhile, guys taking the min here the last couple years are opting into their payer option for another vet min.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

I would be fine with something like this which I think its doable.

Reddish/DLO/JHS Make the 2027 pick unprotected/ Another 1st rounder for Collin Sexton/Kessler

Sign GTJ/Saddiq Bey (Take a low risk high reward chance with him)

Collin Sexton/Vincent/Bronny
Reaves/GTJ/Christie
LeBron/Vando/Knecht
AD/Rui/Bey
Kessler/Hayes/Wood
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

I'm a little apprehensive about dumping either (much less both) of Wood and Hayes. They may be deeply flawed as Center depth, but there doesn't appear to be much in the way of upgrades out there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject:

Pidge wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You mean vaguely like a taller patty mills?

Basically.. he looks like someone Popovich would respect, CP3 finding the open look for GTJ would be lethal especially because he’s a catch-and-shoot expert
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

With the recent news of Kawhi pulling himself out of the Olympic team, the Clippers would never trade Kawhi to the Lakers, but man it would be an interesting dilemma to see who would say no in a deal similar to this: Kawhi for Russell, Rui, Vincent, JHS and/or Knecht, 3 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. The deal would have to be similar to the Bridges trade to the Knicks who had to give up 4 of there own first rounders being rivals with the Nets having to overpay extra. The Clippers hate the Lakers, but even that deal would be something the Clippers would have to consider to get out of the Kawhi injury business.

Kawhi is a player both Bron & AD would want and no way Pelinka would reject that deal imo and it would increase the Lakers title chances the next 2 seasons, but wouldn't count on Kawhi playing in the playoffs most likely. Ultimately I would be against a deal like that since the Lakers are looking to rebuild once LeBron retires, but this is a move the Lakers FO would do in an instant imo.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:30 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I'm a little apprehensive about dumping either (much less both) of Wood and Hayes. They may be deeply flawed as Center depth, but there doesn't appear to be much in the way of upgrades out there.

I think it would be one of them plus Reddish rather than both Cs. Improving at the C position would likely happen via trade anyway.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Dejounte seemed to blame his teammates poor defense on his own. It does take a team effort to defend, but I’ve got bad news for him about Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum, and Zion Williamson.

Dejounte has Herb Jones next to him. He'll be fine.

CJ just needs to come off the bench. Too bad he won't and they will sink again in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2994, 2995, 2996 ... 3011, 3012, 3013  Next
Page 2995 of 3013
Jump to: