NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2996, 2997, 2998 ... 3010, 3011, 3012  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 32938
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
With the recent news of Kawhi pulling himself out of the Olympic team, the Clippers would never trade Kawhi to the Lakers, but man it would be an interesting dilemma to see who would say no in a deal similar to this: Kawhi for Russell, Rui, Vincent, JHS and/or Knecht, 3 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. The deal would have to be similar to the Bridges trade to the Knicks who had to give up 4 of there own first rounders being rivals with the Nets having to overpay extra. The Clippers hate the Lakers, but even that deal would be something the Clippers would have to consider to get out of the Kawhi injury business.

Kawhi is a player both Bron & AD would want and no way Pelinka would reject that deal imo and it would increase the Lakers title chances the next 2 seasons, but wouldn't count on Kawhi playing in the playoffs most likely. Ultimately I would be against a deal like that since the Lakers are looking to rebuild once LeBron retires, but this is a move the Lakers FO would do in an instant imo.


Imagine that marketing campaign, come to Intuit to see DLO play.

The Clippers would still have Harden who they can trade by the trade deadline. In the scenario, the Clippers would trade Kawhi to the Lakers to trade for the Lakers draft picks, which are very valuable. They would do the same thing the Nets did once they traded Bridges by trading with the Rockets to get there draft picks back to rebuild in exchange for future Suns draft picks. The Clippers would go to the Thunder to give up future Lakers draft picks to get there own 1st round picks back in order to rebuild or retool.


The Clippers are not trading Kawhi -- to the Lakers, of all teams! -- as they are about to open a new arena. I'm not saying they couldn't trade him in a season or two, who knows, but they aren't moving him to the damned Lakers this offseason. There's a better chance of Herb Simon agreeing to trade Myles Turner to the Lakers, and as I've said before, Simon would rather murder his own children and grandchildren ahead of making a trade that might help the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 11321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't even want Kawhi? He's never going to be healthy in a high level basketball series again. Let Ballmer pay a lemon 50m a season and pretend he has a superstar for his vanity project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2532

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
With the recent news of Kawhi pulling himself out of the Olympic team, the Clippers would never trade Kawhi to the Lakers, but man it would be an interesting dilemma to see who would say no in a deal similar to this: Kawhi for Russell, Rui, Vincent, JHS and/or Knecht, 3 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. The deal would have to be similar to the Bridges trade to the Knicks who had to give up 4 of there own first rounders being rivals with the Nets having to overpay extra. The Clippers hate the Lakers, but even that deal would be something the Clippers would have to consider to get out of the Kawhi injury business.

Kawhi is a player both Bron & AD would want and no way Pelinka would reject that deal imo and it would increase the Lakers title chances the next 2 seasons, but wouldn't count on Kawhi playing in the playoffs most likely. Ultimately I would be against a deal like that since the Lakers are looking to rebuild once LeBron retires, but this is a move the Lakers FO would do in an instant imo.


No way! Did we not already learn our lesson with Westbrook? Kawhi + LeBron + AD for this coming season make $140M. That's the salary cap! We'd have to fill out the roster with minimum contract players. It worked so well 2-3 years ago, let's do it again, but this time with an older LBJ. What's Melo, Avery Bradley, and Ariza doing these days?

Including 3 FRP + 2 Swaps in addition to taking on a 33 year-old injury-prone guy making $50M in each of the next 3 seasons is grounds for firing Rob and Jeanie selling the team.

Kawhi wouldn't even be available for the playoffs, so I'd rather take my chances with all those dudes than Kawhi sitting on the bench in street clothes.

No other trade would truly raise the Lakers ceiling than if Kawhi was available in a trade and this is solely based off of the Clippers wanting to get out of the Kawhi business and making the Lakers overpay since they are same city rivals, similar to what the Knicks did in the Mikal Bridges trade having to overpay for Bridges. The hope would be that Kawhi as the 3rd option would be more beneficial to Kawhi and his body and to see if you can get him ready for the playoffs. If the Lakers wouldn't want to trade for Kawhi if he would be available and allow another contending team to trade for Kawhi, than the Lakers truly don't care about winning a title. I'd rather the Lakers take a chance on a big 3 of Bron/AD/Kawhi, showing they are going for a title than be in the directionless situation the Lakers are currently in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 11126

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
We're actually discussing Kawhi to the Lakers? Wow, desperate times.


Kawhi is today. Lonzo was yesterday.

LG can be a wild place
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2532

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
With the recent news of Kawhi pulling himself out of the Olympic team, the Clippers would never trade Kawhi to the Lakers, but man it would be an interesting dilemma to see who would say no in a deal similar to this: Kawhi for Russell, Rui, Vincent, JHS and/or Knecht, 3 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. The deal would have to be similar to the Bridges trade to the Knicks who had to give up 4 of there own first rounders being rivals with the Nets having to overpay extra. The Clippers hate the Lakers, but even that deal would be something the Clippers would have to consider to get out of the Kawhi injury business.

Kawhi is a player both Bron & AD would want and no way Pelinka would reject that deal imo and it would increase the Lakers title chances the next 2 seasons, but wouldn't count on Kawhi playing in the playoffs most likely. Ultimately I would be against a deal like that since the Lakers are looking to rebuild once LeBron retires, but this is a move the Lakers FO would do in an instant imo.


Imagine that marketing campaign, come to Intuit to see DLO play.

The Clippers would still have Harden who they can trade by the trade deadline. In the scenario, the Clippers would trade Kawhi to the Lakers to trade for the Lakers draft picks, which are very valuable. They would do the same thing the Nets did once they traded Bridges by trading with the Rockets to get there draft picks back to rebuild in exchange for future Suns draft picks. The Clippers would go to the Thunder to give up future Lakers draft picks to get there own 1st round picks back in order to rebuild or retool.


The Clippers are not trading Kawhi -- to the Lakers, of all teams! -- as they are about to open a new arena. I'm not saying they couldn't trade him in a season or two, who knows, but they aren't moving him to the damned Lakers this offseason. There's a better chance of Herb Simon agreeing to trade Myles Turner to the Lakers, and as I've said before, Simon would rather murder his own children and grandchildren ahead of making a trade that might help the Lakers.

The Nets & Knicks never traded for 40 years until it happened this offseason. This would be dependent on Kawhi wanting to play for the Lakers if he would ask out of the Clippers since they lost Paul George. Lakers & Clippers already traded recently in the Zubac deal, so they aren't totally opposed to trading. Clippers would hope that the Lakers future picks would be top lottery picks in the future that they can trade to the Thunder for the Clippers to get there own draft picks back. The Lakers would hope that within the next 2 seasons, a Bron/AD/Kawhi big 3 can win a title.

The smart teams won't let feelings get in the way of making a decision that is best for there own team, and if the Clippers can get there own picks back due to trading Kawhi to the Lakers, they would do that. That is the same thing the Nets did with the Bridges trade, as they preferred to not trade Bridges to the Knicks, but they did what was best for the franchise in order to rebuild.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 12690
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

jb2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're actually discussing Kawhi to the Lakers? Wow, desperate times.


Kawhi is today. Lonzo was yesterday.

LG can be a wild place


Exactly! Desperate and stupid times indeed. Why is anyone bringing him up as a target? Dude is always injured and will never be a player you can rely on.
I love how people bring up these "easy" targets without looking at any math.

Kawhi is owed over $150 million for the next 3 years!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2532

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11242

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

jb2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're actually discussing Kawhi to the Lakers? Wow, desperate times.


Kawhi is today. Lonzo was yesterday.

LG can be a wild place


Put me down for Karl Anthony Towns for the office pool tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
deal wrote:
I look at all these trade proposals and have to wonder if indeed Rob is
actively looking at trades. Or does he feel his deed is done by keeping
Lebron a little longer in order to fill some seats?

The most I've seen are a few maybe seeded rumors.


Okay, life goes on.....


It takes two to tango and it seems like more teams are being cost conscious even as guys are getting $300 million+ contracts.



Quoting gramps are we ?
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're actually discussing Kawhi to the Lakers? Wow, desperate times.


I'll take him for the vet min. Who says no?


The uncle?
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

the only trades we should be thinking of getting:
Garland
markenan
1st RPs from anyone
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

New NBA media rights deal details leaking out:

Reports: NBA agrees to terms on $76 billion media rights deal

Quote:
In the short term, the deal almost certainly means the league's salary cap will rise 10% annually -- the maximum allowed by the terms of the most recent collective bargaining agreement between the NBA and its players. That means players like Oklahoma City's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Dallas' Luka Doncic could be making around $80 million in the 2030-31 season and raises at least some possibility that top players might be earning somewhere near $100 million per season by the mid-2030s.

It also clears the way for the next major item on the NBA's to-do list: expansion.


Las Vegas LeBrons coming soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25744

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Who’s on Pelinka’s radar?
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 9196

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Who’s on Pelinka’s radar?


Kyle Kuzma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2532

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Who’s on Pelinka’s radar?

Klutch clients, former Lakers, former draft lottery busts, or older/washed up big name players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 11321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:45 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Lol this is so cringe. They're not getting those guys. We can't be lapping up other teams' PR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2532

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Lol this is so cringe. They're not getting those guys. We can't be lapping up other teams' PR.

Knicks can still trade Randle if they want to find an upgrade at center, along with Mitchell Robinson, and they still have a future Wizards 1st rounder & a future Pistons 1st rounder, which most likely won't convey but can still include in trade deals. Everybody thought it would take a Mikal Bridges mega-deal to get O.G., but only took Quickley & Barrett and nobody thought the Nets would ever trade Bridges to the Knicks, but the Knicks made it happen. Knicks still have assets left to upgrade at the starting center position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 760

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Who’s on Pelinka’s radar?[/quote]

Pelinka has Radar? Was he trained to use it?
_________________
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 11321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
levon wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Leon Rose was in 1st row of presser yesterday with Mikal's mother. Didn't talk, but he's still cooking, wants to make big center move after Philly's 2 additions. Heard Houston's Sengun has been on radar, even Detroit's Jalen Duren. And that was before Pistons signed Paul Reed.

Lol this is so cringe. They're not getting those guys. We can't be lapping up other teams' PR.

Knicks can still trade Randle if they want to find an upgrade at center, along with Mitchell Robinson, and they still have a future Wizards 1st rounder & a future Pistons 1st rounder, which most likely won't convey but can still include in trade deals. Everybody thought it would take a Mikal Bridges mega-deal to get O.G., but only took Quickley & Barrett and nobody thought the Nets would ever trade Bridges to the Knicks, but the Knicks made it happen. Knicks still have assets left to upgrade at the starting center position.

Cool. They're not getting Sengun or Duren. That's a (bleep) package.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 13156

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Only three teams haven't made a single free agent or trade acquisition thus far this offseason:

Boston Celtics
Cleveland Cavaliers
Los Angeles Lakers

_________________
Los Angeles Lakers Leadership: Jeanie Buss, Robert Pelinka, Kurt Rambis, LeBron James, Rich Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54939

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Free agent F Saddiq Bey has agreed on a three-year, $20 million contract with the Washington Wizards, his agents James Dunleavy and Jordan Gertler of @Excelbasketball tell ESPN.

_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 8888

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:30 pm    Post subject:

This has been so boring. I usually enjoy thos time even for the minimum or mid level guys we have been signing last few seasons.
_________________
Previously CamReddish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 47594

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

3 years 20M? Some here wanted him for the vet min ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Trade Package for Brandon Ingram

Pelicans Get:
Rui Hachimura
Gabe Vincent
JHS
Christian Wood
Cam Reddish
First Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Brandon Ingram

Lakers sign Spencer Dinwiddie in Free Agency for the veterans minimum

Roster:

Starters:
DLO
Max Christie
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Austin Reaves
Dalton Knecht / Maxwell Lewis
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes


Yay or Nay?

Any roster that has DLo starting is a nay. At best he should be our 7th man

even though he was clearly our 3rd best player last season? rarely missed any games? had good games in the playoffs?

Perfectly healthy ad and bron, and we still were first round fodder. He had good numbers on wolves, yet they played better in postseason when he sat and ultimately got better when they kicked him to the curb. His numbers on paper should give him a huge market. He has none. He doesn’t start for another playoff team in west
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2019
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

So when we trading for both Trae and Kessler?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2996, 2997, 2998 ... 3010, 3011, 3012  Next
Page 2997 of 3012
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB