Anne Heche involved in car crash - severe burns (critical condition)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:39 am    Post subject: Anne Heche involved in car crash - severe burns (critical condition)

From what I've read:

-She was traveling at a high rate of speed when she crashed into someone's home in Mar Vista

Quote:
...new details emerged about Friday’s crash, which left Heche badly burned after her Mini Cooper flew at least 30 feet into a Mar Vista house, causing an inferno that took nearly 60 firefighters more than an hour to tackle.

-Luckily the tenant/homeowner living in that home wasn't hurt. However the car stopped really close to the tenant/homeowner. (Some reports called her a tenant, others called her the homeowner).

Quote:
Meanwhile, homeowner Lynne Mishele and her family “very narrowly escaped physical harm” from the crash that “completely burned” their home, according to a fundraiser that showed shocking images of the destruction.

“Lynne lost her entire lifetime of possessions” and mementos, said the fundraiser, which had raised just over $17,000 by Sunday afternoon. Mishele couldn’t be reached by The Post Sunday.

-This story refers to her as a tenant:

Quote:
Lynne Mishele's neighbor, Lynne Bernstein, tells PEOPLE the tenant "was extremely fortunate" to survive the accident with no injuries

John and Jennifer Durand, who own the house that was destroyed, have since launched a GoFundMe to help Mishele cover the loss of "the place she loves" and most of her belongings.

https://people.com/tv/woman-who-lost-house-anne-heche-car-crash-extremely-fortunate-be-alive-neighbor-says/

-Both the car and house burned

-It took first responders close to an hour to get Anne Heche out of her car (One witness on the scene thought there's no way she could still be alive as the car was burning for at least 30 minutes before they got her out).

-Police are investigating that she was involved in a hit and run and she was recklessly speeding away from that hit and run before crashing into this house.

Quote:
An LAPD spokesman confirmed to CNN that the force was investigating Heche for a “misdemeanor hit and run” just before the main crash. Photos online appeared to show her having hit a garage door, with video showing her tires screeching as she raced away.

Quote:
Witnesses told TMZ that Heche first crashed into a garage of an apartment complex before she reversed and sped off, colliding with the nearby home shortly after.

Driving on Preston Way, Heche reportedly ran a stop sign at the Walgrove intersection and drove through some large privacy bushes before the car came to a stop inside the house, according to KTLA.

-Allegedly, she did a podcast that was posted hours before the crash and she seemed wasted on the podcast. Her attorney claims the podcast was recorded days earlier.

Quote:
Hours earlier, she posted the latest episode of her podcast — saying she had been downing vodka and wine while “rocked” from a “very bad day.” Her rep insisted to TMZ, however, that it had been recorded days earlier.

-She's currently in critical condition

-Alec Baldwin asked for support for Anne Heche and referred to her as being brave. He was ripped online for this:

Quote:
Alec Baldwin is being ripped for paying tribute to “brave” and “wonderful” Anne Heche after her “tragic” car crash — even though police say she was racing from a hit and run at terrifyingly high speeds when she crashed and destroyed a house in a giant inferno.

“Anne was fantastic. She was so funny. I mean, she’s an amazingly talented woman,” he gushed, not once mentioning the carnage she is accused of causing.

His gushing tribute soon sparked outrage and accusations that he was tone deaf.

“She put lives in danger,” one commentator reminded Baldwin, while another said, “Thank god there wasn’t any children playing in that garden” where she crashed.

“Did you see how reckless she was driving and how she hit a building before she crashed? Did you see the RING doorbell footage?” one person asked Baldwin.

“She is lucky she didn’t kill anyone.”

https://nypost.com/2022/08/07/alec-baldwin-ripped-for-asking-followers-to-support-brave-anne-heche-after-fiery-house-crash/

Video:
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Ugh. Over the last week or so, I've been watching some police bodycam footage on a couple different channels. One's called Law & Crime Network (YT handle). I've seen a number of DUIs involving women and, lemme tell ya, there are some HUMAN Hellcats out on those roads. Forget Dodge. LGers watch your 6s.

Some of these vids are mindnumbing. Decisionmaking with booze on board never helps either. Decisions such as repeatedly ramming one's car thru multiple cop cars in the same stop and somehow not getting shot a thousand times, etc. The drinking scene near the beginning of Indiana Jones 1 where Karen Allen has a hollow leg and sinks more shots than a large Nepalese man? Yeah, in reality...that doesn't seem to be an actual attribute most women possess. And the 5 fatality crash on Slauson Ave last week was a woman who had a lead foot and multiple priors. Going 100 thru a busy intersection at 1:30pm on a weekday...jeez.

I think I have just coincidentally seen/heard about too many female-involved driving disasters of late. Because of that, I'm not as shocked by this story as I might've been 2 weeks ago -- before I started watching YT cop camera vids and that hellfire crash in Windsor Hills.

This is a young girl probably in prison right now. Killed her friend. I feel bad for her and her friend, but yer playin for keeps every time you buckle up, peeps. Never forget it.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Ugh. Over the last week or so, I've been watching some police bodycam footage on a couple different channels. One's called Law & Crime Network (YT handle). I've seen a number of DUIs involving women and, lemme tell ya, there are some HUMAN Hellcats out on those roads. Forget Dodge. LGers watch your 6s.

Some of these vids are mindnumbing. Decisionmaking with booze on board never helps either. Decisions such as repeatedly ramming one's car thru multiple cop cars in the same stop and somehow not getting shot a thousand times, etc. The drinking scene near the beginning of Indiana Jones 1 where Karen Allen has a hollow leg and sinks more shots than a large Nepalese man? Yeah, in reality...that doesn't seem to be an actual attribute most women possess. And the 5 fatality crash on Slauson Ave last week was a woman who had a lead foot and multiple priors. Going 100 thru a busy intersection at 1:30pm on a weekday...jeez.

I think I have just coincidentally seen/heard about too many female-involved driving disasters of late. Because of that, I'm not as shocked by this story as I might've been 2 weeks ago -- before I started watching YT cop camera vids and that hellfire crash in Windsor Hills.

This is a young girl probably in prison right now. Killed her friend. I feel bad for her and her friend, but yer playin for keeps every time you buckle up, peeps. Never forget it.

That was horrendous, and hearing the description of the woman who saw a baby fly through the air and land at her feet was heartbreaking.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

That was horrendous, and hearing the description of the woman who saw a baby fly through the air and land at her feet was heartbreaking.

Even being an RN probably won't get the person charged much sympathy in court. Driving that fast thru city streets will inevitably result in such a scene. It's so blatantly obvious that an educated person is expected to know that, not to mention one who has so much experience w/ the gore caused by drunk drivers. There's absolutely no wiggle room for her to get any good will because she's an RN considering all that. If there is ANYone out there who 100% knows better than to do that, it's a medical professional.

I don't know if she was drinking or not either. It is a common thing for doctors and nurses and I've seen vids of doctors getting DUIs in their Porsche's, etc. I've also seen vids of police getting arrested, including a couple of them being arrested by their own department. Those cases are really messy as you could imagine. Alcoholism is rampant in those professions. You could imagine if no one got injured that first offenses might get off fairly lightly w/ probation/counseling/community service, etc. This nurse's big problem is that she apparently had been cited for speeding something like 13x prior, iirc. She ruined her own life along w/ those others.

It's tragic any way you look at it. I watch that and for the life of me, unless she was totally intoxicated, I can't figure what she THOUGHT was gonna happen as she shot towards a red light at 100 mph. Did she think she was just gonna speed thru all the cars? I don't know if anything definitive has come out re: whether she was DUI or not, but if she wasn't, then it REALLY boggles the mind. Or maybe she was intent to commit suicide??
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anne Heche is not expected to survive after fiery a Mar Vista crash left her in coma.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1557941642572623872?t=Ahf1SY-S-cw3_npZvCnrRw&s=19
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Anne Heche is not expected to survive after fiery a Mar Vista crash left her in coma.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1557941642572623872?t=Ahf1SY-S-cw3_npZvCnrRw&s=19

Yeah being trapped in a burning car for 30 min to an hr

Im surprised she had a chance.

Quote:
Anne Heche Suffered Severe Brain Injury and 'Is Not Expected to Survive': Rep

Anne Heche's rep tells PEOPLE in a statement that the actress has suffered a catastrophic brain injury after the car crash and that plans for an organ donation process are currently underway

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

32 wrote:
Quote:

It was pure luck that she only destroyed property and didn't kill anyone like that nurse who drove into that intersection and killed all those people.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

32 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Anne Heche suffered a catastrophic brain injury in the moments following her crash into a home, and as a result, the actress is not expected to survive ... according to her rep.

In a statement released Thursday night, Anne's rep tells TMZ, "Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne Heche suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition. She is not expected to survive."

Plans have been put in place to possibly donate Anne's organs, the rep continues, "It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable."

Pretty crazy considering she was conscious and actually fighting with firefighters while being taken to the ambulance.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone see the footage of her tearing out of the white draping they had her in? I believe that was a breathable draping to prevent her burns from being in open air. Looked like a movie scene. Entire evasion and crash video was surreal like the Windsor Hills one. I wouldn't doubt if she succumbs as she looked bad. And if she has a catastrophic brain injury to boot, that's a grave indicator. However, I was a junkie of that circa 1998-2002 show that they still rerun on Disc Health Chan called "Trauma: Life In The E.R.". I've probably seen 100% of that series over the years, I remember watching it from about the beginning of the series. Just in that series alone, there were numerous surreal recoveries from all kinds of havoc that you'd have to see to believe. Some were burn patients. You feel for them because it's such a horrible injury. There are percentages they use as general guidelines to assess the odds of survival, but some people beat the odds. Her coma could be medically induced with lorazepam (Ativan) or the like, but both a severe brain injury and deep large area burns will no doubt combine to sap whatever reserves she has left.

On that show, there was a tree trimmer who slipped off of his ladder onto a branch which went straight up his arse and traveled all the way up his torso coming to rest right under his heart. The branch was at least 3 inches in diameter and still had twigs and leaves on it. They had to open his chest up and saw the branch into chunks which sent sawdust into his open torso and he survived w/ fairly minimal damage to his rectum and, iirc, the pericardium which they sutured up after debriding all the wood from his organs. Looked like a bunch of FBI agents rummaging thru his organs. Those are the kinds of cases where the other surgeons come in and gawk at you because "gotta see it to believe it". I don't even think that was the goriest case or the most inspirational recovery, either. The poor dude below survived this murdercycle accident. This one was the worst case in terms of total trauma. I remember seeing this on a rerun a few years ago and it actually produced a couple of tears when I saw how courageous his spirit was. And I felt terrible for his elderly folks.

And PS: I've read or seen about at least 5 different cases where bullets didn't penetrate a person's skull, even ones shot at point blank. So, ya truly never know. There was one dipwad on that show whose head was so hard that the bullet ricocheted over his head at the starting point of his scalp. He had a meat roll forehead a la 1994 Pippen w/ the shaved head. Not a good look, but it saved said Ese. All the while, he was crying like a B about having to take an injection. Doctor and nurse kept telling the dummy that he was a walking miracle and he kept whining about an injection.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Did anyone see the footage of her tearing out of the white draping they had her in? I believe that was a breathable draping to prevent her burns from being in open air. Looked like a movie scene. Entire evasion and crash video was surreal like the Windsor Hills one. I wouldn't doubt if she succumbs as she looked bad. And if she has a catastrophic brain injury to boot, that's a grave indicator. However, I was a junkie of that circa 1998-2002 show that they still rerun on Disc Health Chan called "Trauma: Life In The E.R.". I've probably seen 100% of that series over the years, I remember watching it from about the beginning of the series. Just in that series alone, there were numerous surreal recoveries from all kinds of havoc that you'd have to see to believe. Some were burn patients. You feel for them because it's such a horrible injury. There are percentages they use as general guidelines to assess the odds of survival, but some people beat the odds. Her coma could be medically induced with lorazepam (Ativan) or the like, but both a severe brain injury and deep large area burns will no doubt combine to sap whatever reserves she has left.

On that show, there was a tree trimmer who slipped off of his ladder onto a branch which went straight up his arse and traveled all the way up his torso coming to rest right under his heart. The branch was at least 3 inches in diameter and still had twigs and leaves on it. They had to open his chest up and saw it into chunks which sent sawdust into his open torso and he survived w/ fairly minimal damage to his rectum and, iirc, the pericardium which they closed up after debriding all the wood out. Those are the kinds of cases where the other surgeons come in and gawk at you because "gotta see it to believe it". I don't even think that was the goriest case or the most inspirational recovery, either. The poor dude below survived this murdercycle accident. This one was the worst case in terms of total trauma. I remember seeing this on a rerun a few years ago and it actually produced a couple of tears when I saw how courageous his spirit was. And I felt terrible for his elderly folks.

Yeah, I saw that. That's what I was referencing when I said she was fighting back against the rescuers.

From what I understand, her issue is not traumatic injuries that can be resolved via extensive surgery, but the brain damage caused by an extreme lack of oxygen to the brain.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Smoke inhalation of super heated gases are usually the culprits of fatalities in fires. People have been known to survive devastating burn injuries but its injuries to the respiratory system that are a far greater threat to survival.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

From what I understand, her issue is not traumatic injuries that can be resolved via extensive surgery, but the brain damage caused by an extreme lack of oxygen to the brain.

That is tragic even if you can't forgive the recklessness of her last actions. Maybe because she didn't kill anyone else although she shot thru an alley and didn't stop at all to avoid a woman a few steps away from doom. So it was mere luck that stopped it from only being Heche. She has had something of a troubled life, tho, right? It's going to be hard to watch Brasco w/o thinking about how she met her end.

There was another actress named Amy Locane (she was the blonde in Crybaby -- Depp brings out the worst in em -- and also in that 1993 movie School Ties w/ Matt Damon, Affleck, Brendan Fraser, Anthony Rapp). She actually did time for killing someone in a drunk driving incident.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Wow, they seemed optimistic at the start of this that she'd be fine, and now it looks like she's not going to survive.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Smoke inhalation of super heated gases are usually the culprits of fatalities in fires. People have been known to survive devastating burn injuries but its injuries to the respiratory system that are a far greater threat to survival.

Good point. There was a Vegas hotel fire in 1980 (MGM Grand) where the hotel locked escape doors to stairways and they found a lot of older patrons in their rooms dead from heart attacks (fire not even reaching their floors). The hotel didn't put in fire detectors or sprinklers in the casino area and adjacent kitchen area because they thought someone would always be there to stop a fire quickly. Of course, a fire starts in a kitchen duct after they changed the hours from 24 a day to something else. The casino floor was gutted, too. Smoke traveled upwards thru the floors via the ducts and coupled w/ locked doors and poor visibility, a lot of people died from the inhalation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM_Grand_fire
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That is tragic even if you can't forgive the recklessness of her last actions. Maybe because she didn't kill anyone else although she shot thru an alley and didn't stop at all to avoid a woman a few steps away from doom. So it was mere luck that stopped it from only being Heche. She has had something of a troubled life, tho, right? It's going to be hard to watch Brasco w/o thinking about how she met her end.

She has, and it involves some mental illness. I think this incident wasn't simply a case of intoxication, but involved a mental break based on the erratic actions that went beyond simply driving drunk.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:30 am    Post subject:

Thank goodness no one else was hurt.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

She has, and it involves some mental illness. I think this incident wasn't simply a case of intoxication, but involved a mental break based on the erratic actions that went beyond simply driving drunk.

She was driving like 90-100 mph on surface streets and nearly ran over a couple of pedestrians and could have easily killed the poor lady who's house she destroyed.

It is one thing to make bad decisions, but when your bad decisions impact other people that is when I lose sympathy.

Sorry to hear she may not survive, but if she does she needs to be prosecuted just like a non-famous person would be.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

She was driving like 90-100 mph on surface streets and nearly ran over a couple of pedestrians and could have easily killed the poor lady who's house she destroyed.

It is one thing to make bad decisions, but when your bad decisions impact other people that is when I lose sympathy.

Sorry to hear she may not survive, but if she does she needs to be prosecuted just like a non-famous person would be.

Death might be punishment enough.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

I hope the person whose house she wrecked can be made whole again. She'll never get back those precious personal items that were destroyed but hopefully Heche's estate will settle it quickly and this won't involve years of court battles.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I hope the person whose house she wrecked can be made whole again. She'll never get back those precious personal items that were destroyed but hopefully Heche's estate will settle it quickly and this won't involve years of court battles.

Yeah, I think there's a tenant and homeowner. The tenant lost all her belongings. The homeowners lost their house.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

People having a mental break aren't making rational choices, and sadly that effects the people around them. We probably will never know if that was true in this case, but I'm currently leaning towards it being sad all around and it could have been a lot worse.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Suicide attempt? Why fight with the people trying to save her life?

I know nothing about her as an actress or her personal life. Just an observation.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The question, which likely will never be answered, is was she mentally OK when she did that. If a person has a psychotic break, they can and will do a lot of things they wouldn't when in control of their faculties. She had some history of mental breakdowns, so I think in this case it is fine to be grateful she didn't harm anyone else and also feel sympathy for her.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

Actor Anne Heche dies a week after car crash, aged 53

Quote:
When Heche was 13, her father died of Aids, which she said he contracted from same-sex partners. Heche also claimed that her father repeatedly raped her as a child, leading to her contracting genital herpes when young. Other members of her family disputed the claim.

Three months after their father died, Heche’s brother, Nathan, died in a car crash, which his sister claimed was suicide. Heche became estranged from her mother soon after.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

Alec Baldwin has a unique penchant for delivering ideas in the least palatable way, but he was correct in calling her brave for the immense and public struggle she had with both emotional trauma and mental illness. The timing and cause of her death was unfortunate, and the only silver lining is that others were not harmed. Condolences to her family.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: