Ime Udoka Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 am    Post subject: Ime Udoka Thread

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/09/22/reports-celtics-udoka-faces-possible-lengthy-suspension-for-improper-relationship-with-staffer/

Quote:
Reports: Celtics’ Udoka faces possible lengthy suspension for improper relationship with staffer

The Boston Celtics’ push to return to the NBA Finals and take one more step is stumbling out of the gate.

Celtics’ coach Ime Udoka faces a possible “significant” suspension for an alleged violation of the team code of conduct by having a consensual but improper intimate relationship with a member of the Celtics staff, according to multiple reports.

From Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:

Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is facing disciplinary action that is expected to include a significant suspension for an unspecified violation of organizational guidelines, sources told ESPN on Wednesday night. The Celtics are expected to come to a decision on the length of that suspension as soon as Thursday, but it isn’t believed that Udoka’s job is in jeopardy, sources said.

Woj then added that Udoka could be out for the entire season.

It’s unclear who would take over interim coaching duties and run training camp during the suspension. However, Woj suggests it could be Joe Mazzulla, but also on staff are Damon Stoudamire, Ben Sullivan, Aaron Miles and Tony Dobbins.

Udoka was Brad Stevens’ hire to replace himself when Stevens jumped up to the front office, and in his first season Udoka led the Celtics to 51 wins and a trip to the NBA Finals. Udoka did it with a focus on defense — the Celtics’ defense was 5.4 points per 100 possessions better last season than the year before (the emergence of Robert Williams helped).

Boston upgraded its roster in the offseason with the addition of Malcolm Brogdon, and expectations are sky high. How significant a setback this proves to be remains to be seen, but it’s not an ideal start.

Last edited by Basketball Fan on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject:

Allison Feaster

https://newsone.com/4414187/allison-feaster-ime-udoka-report/
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

Boston Globe: Celtics expected to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

Quote:
Celtics coach Ime Udoka is expected to receive a one-year suspension because of a consensual relationship with a female staff member, according to a league source. Boston assistant coach Joe Mazzulla has been informed that he will guide the team in place of Udoka, the source said.

The Celtics are expected to issue a statement on the situation as soon as Thursday.

It is a jarring development for a team that came within two wins of an NBA title last season and enters this season as the favorite to win the championship. Udoka led the Celtics to the NBA Finals last year in his first season as an NBA head coach and finished fourth in the voting for coach of the year.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Allison Feaster

https://newsone.com/4414187/allison-feaster-ime-udoka-report/

The story at that link says IT'S NOT Allison Feaster.

Quote:
The Boston Celtics staffer at the center of a scandal involving the head coach is not Allison Feaster, according to one veteran NBA reporter.

“For those speculating and curious about the Celtics’ situation, Vice-President of Player Development and Organizational Growth Allison Feaster is not involved in this,” Marc Spears of Andscape and ESPN tweeted late Thursday morning.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I'm hearing that the woman, is former WNBA player Allison Feaster.

Nope already been clarified it’s not her

Marc J. Spears wrote:

For those speculating and curious about the Celtics' situation, Vice-President of Player Development and Organizational Growth Allison Feaster is not involved in this.
Sep 22, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite

Celtics fans are speculating it's Kathleen Nimmo-Lynch. Former Personal Assistant to Brad Stephens. Her Linked-In page seems to have been recently (this morning) deleted.

Current rumor is Kathleen Lynch.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

There is no way he comes back to coach the Celtics after this. This is about money, they want him to re-sign. He didn't. So they suspend him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject:

Man, this is a surprise! Why would he want a chick on the side? He's been hooked up with Nia Long since 2010. They got engaged in 2015 and have 2 children together. Sometimes men think with the little head instead of the big one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

IB THE GAMBLER 🔌 wrote:

**UPDATED NBA NEWS**
    Ime Udoka had relationships with not 1 but 2 staff members, one deleted all social media accounts, the other has turned off comments on IG (both married) one was actually married to a senior Vice President in Celtics organization who wanted 1 year suspension.

IB THE GAMBLER 🔌 wrote:

Celtics told him to stop on at least one occasion, Ime Udoka did not take the organizations advice.

IB THE GAMBLER 🔌 wrote:
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Man, this is a surprise! Why would he want a chick on the side? He's been hooked up with Nia Long since 2010. They got engaged in 2015 and have 2 children together. Sometimes men think with the little head instead of the big one.

Looks don't keep a man faithful and one of those kids Nia has was from a previous relationship. The younger son is Udoka's.

The only surprising thing about all this is that it didn't happen to Derek Fisher tbh.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
There is no way he comes back to coach the Celtics after this. This is about money, they want him to re-sign. He didn't. So they suspend him.

Do you mean they want him to resign? They may have asked him to resign and he said no.

What are the options, suspend or fire him? Suspend him in hopes he'll resign or fire him and leave themselves open to a wrongful termination suit.

With all the additional accusations I'm of the mind he'll resign with a healthy monetary package.

I'm more concerned with how this will affect his relationship with Nia and his two children. He and Nia have been together for about 12 years. Little head stupidity. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Looks don't keep a man faithful and one of those kids Nia has was from a previous relationship. The younger son is Udoka's.

The only surprising thing about all this is that it didn't happen to Derek Fisher tbh.

TRU DAT. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. I wonder why Nia has never been married?

As An Aside;
Hollywood and athletes have high divorce rates.

I'll take time to applaud Denzel Washington, one of Hollywood's finest for his long-time uninterrupted marriage to Paulette for 39 years with no printed scandals.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm disappointed that Udoka is a big dummy in this worthless manner. Hopefully this doesn't completely derail a promising career but...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I'm disappointed that Udoka is a big dummy in this worthless manner. Hopefully this doesn't completely derail a promising career but...

He's a good coach just needs to find a team that doesn't care about this sort of thing.

The Lakers are the only one that comes to mind.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

If he had an affair with an executive's wife, you can be sure that executive will make sure he's gone permanently. You don't get suspended for a year just for having an affair with another employee. You get suspended then fired for screwing the boss's wife. Dumb *hit.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I would be real surprised if he ever returned to Boston tbh

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34646067/boston-celtics-suspend-coach-ime-udoka-2022-23-season-effective-immediately

Quote:
Boston Celtics suspend coach Ime Udoka for 2022-23 season, effective immediately

The Boston Celtics have suspended coach Ime Udoka for the 2022-23 season, the team announced Thursday night.

The team cited violations of team policies in its announcement. Sources previously told ESPN that Udoka had an intimate relationship with a female member of the franchise's staff.

The suspension is effective immediately, and a decision about Udoka's future with the Celtics will be made later, the team said.

"I want to apologize to our players, fans, the entire Celtics organization, and my family for letting them down. I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team's decision. Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment," Udoka said in a statement.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He's a good coach just needs to find a team that doesn't care about this sort of thing.

Yeah...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yeah...

Nothing personal but really who else would not be bothered by such a thing?

The Celtics have managed to do the near impossible: They are making the Lakers look like a functional organization right now.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

^

Awww

kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

There must have been something in his contract, because I worked at a hospital for 16 years and I personally know countless married people that were cheating with a co-worker...or two....and most of them were women.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I saw a likely FAKE RUMOR on RealGM that Ime had relations with 2 Celtics staffers. Both Staffers were married, and one was married to a Celtics Senior Vice President. Honestly, the explanation that makes the most sense is that he had a relationship with somebody that a team executive had eyes on.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Maybe there is/was a morals clause in his contract?

Not sure why "consensual sex" is such and outrage in this day and age...

I am happy to see any and everything negative happening to the Celtics though, still hate them...
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:07 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I heard that he'll stay on officially as the head coach. He'll just be designated as Out for Season (load management).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

I'm of the camp the Leprechauns will let Udoka go. I'm fairly sure his accomplishments in Boston will get him another HC assignment. He's tarnished his reputation. Will he be accepted in another locker room? Will he gain the respect of the players.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I heard that he'll stay on officially as the head coach. He'll just be designated as Out for Season (load management).

Am I the only one who got that?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
twisted wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Am I the only one who got that?

If he in fact had a relationship with a Celtics executive's wife I don't think he'll ever coach in Boston again. This year will be used to forge the least harmful exit for Ime.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: