Lakers 2022-23 Lineup talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham said he'll stick with DLo, Malik and Vando in the starting lineup with LeBron and AD: "We’re not gonna go crazy. We’ve already had a plethora of lineups and rotations, so we’re gonna settle in on what we did in this previous game going into the break."

-Goon

That's my go to starting lineup as well.

Much better than anything we had earlier in the season. Vando can help out Davis with rebounding and defense and Russell can help out Legramps with offense. Beasley can just do what he does... chuck up mad 3's, hopefully at 40% plus.

This is what we call an NBA roster
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
Beasley starting, rivers closing.

It's very possible. But man, Beasley's gravity is so strong, the open lanes make the offense click so much better. If Beas can just not be a huge negative on defense, he might close. But I love AR's game as well.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject:

^^ Pretty much agree with that. The one exception might be if Beasley is absolutely on fire.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

Beasley is a true 3pt shooter whereas Walker is just a player that can shoot 3s. It took me a while but I can see why people like Beasley much more…expectations are that Beasley will get back to respectable shooting for his large volume and expectations are that Walker won’t continue to shoot better.

Walker earned a chance to show if he can continue to be consistent shooting over 40% from 3 until the injury…also showed that If his outside shot is off he can get to the rack and finish strong around the rim…not useless if 3pt shot not falling. I expect the consensus response to my take to be against LWIV but those that take the time to evaluate his play for us may be surprised at what is shown. We need Beasley to shoot 40% for the rest of the season and pick up the effort on defense to show what we all believe…that Beasley will be a better fit to the team than LWIV…but if Beasley keeps up his sub-par shooting and LWIV gets back to pre-injury form then the value of them could switch. I wonder if there is a scenario where the Lakers keep both them this off season?

Anyway…I like them both and hope that if a choice is made to get rid of one and keep the other that we make the decision based on the analysis tied to reality and production, not just on emotion tied to perception and expectations.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Beasley is a true 3pt shooter whereas Walker is just a player that can shoot 3s. It took me a while but I can see why people like Beasley much more…expectations are that Beasley will get back to respectable shooting for his large volume and expectations are that Walker won’t continue to shoot better.

Walker earned a chance to show if he can continue to be consistent shooting over 40% from 3 until the injury…also showed that If his outside shot is off he can get to the rack and finish strong around the rim…not useless if 3pt shot not falling. I expect the consensus response to my take to be against LWIV but those that take the time to evaluate his play for us may be surprised at what is shown. We need Beasley to shoot 40% for the rest of the season and pick up the effort on defense to show what we all believe…that Beasley will be a better fit to the team than LWIV…but if Beasley keeps up his sub-par shooting and LWIV gets back to pre-injury form then the value of them could switch. I wonder if there is a scenario where the Lakers keep both them this off season?

Anyway…I like them both and hope that if a choice is made to get rid of one and keep the other that we make the decision based on the analysis tied to reality and production, not just on emotion tied to perception and expectations.

I know you know this, but it can't just be about the stats. You gotta watch the games and see how much the offense opens up with Beasley.

If you have time, Raj talks about how his volume shooting is a benefit, even if it's at a lower percentage.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I know you know this, but it can't just be about the stats. You gotta watch the games and see how much the offense opens up with Beasley.

If you have time, Raj talks about how his volume shooting is a benefit, even if it's at a lower percentage.

That was my rudimentary understanding as well until I saw Beasley play. You would think we'd realize this with the emergence of Steph Curry and players of similar archetype. Teams just don't want give Beasley a clean look, especially on the move in a catch-and-shoot situation. The amount of attention he demands is so much more than a classic stationary catch-and-shooter like Walker. I felt Walker's ability to drive would confer an advantage but when a defender has to respect the drive, they're more likely to remain in the play. OTOH, defenders flying at/past Beasley as he prepares to launch are more likely to take themselves out of the play altogether and open up the lane. Beasley can be dangerous if others think to cut and Beasley recognizes them.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

2-0 with this starting group.
3-1 since the trade.
I hope DLo is ok.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

yea, agreed
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That was my rudimentary understanding as well until I saw Beasley play. You would think we'd realize this with the emergence of Steph Curry and players of similar archetype. Teams just don't want give Beasley a clean look, especially on the move in a catch-and-shoot situation. The amount of attention he demands is so much more than a classic stationary catch-and-shooter like Walker. I felt Walker's ability to drive would confer an advantage but when a defender has to respect the drive, they're more likely to remain in the play. OTOH, defenders flying at/past Beasley as he prepares to launch are more likely to take themselves out of the play altogether and open up the lane. Beasley can be dangerous if others think to cut and Beasley recognizes them.

yep, yep
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

Starting lineup last night...
Lebron, DLo, AD, Beas, Vando
Mins: 5
Ortg: 116.7
Drtg: 108.3
Net: 8.3

Low mins due to Dlos injury. But productive.

Lebron with that 2nd unit was fire as well.
Lebron, Dennis, Mo, Rui, AR
Mins: 5
Ortg: 136.4
Drtg: 92.3
Net: 44.1

It helps that the warriors 2nd unit aren't NBA quality players.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject:

I think this is a good problem to have, but part of me wonders if there isn't overlap in the roles that Russell and Reaves might play. That will play out as it will this season, but could become a talking point in summer free agency.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Someone pointed out on Lakers Nation that Rui is vastly better at SF, even in Washington. I wonder where they have tabbed when he plays alongside Lebron. Should we try to play Wenyen more at PF and move Brown down to guard as needed? I don't see him squeezing out Reaves or Schro though on a regular basis.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

If DLo miss some games... I assume.

Schro
Beasley
Vando
Lebron
AD

Reaves
TBJ or Walker
Rui
Bron (2nd unit PG)
Mo
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I think this is a good problem to have, but part of me wonders if there isn't overlap in the roles that Russell and Reaves might play. That will play out as it will this season, but could become a talking point in summer free agency.

The overlap of Dlo vs Reaves as a starting PG is so small that I don’t think it will be an issue. Perhaps Dlo vs Reaves as back up SGs could be a discussion but as reserves at SG with Dlo’s responsibilities as starting PG the overlap discussion at backup SG should be more positive about depth so it’s a good thing. Even if Reaves ascends to starting SG I still don’t anticipate any negative discussion regarding any overlap between Dlo and Reaves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Someone pointed out on Lakers Nation that Rui is vastly better at SF, even in Washington. I wonder where they have tabbed when he plays alongside Lebron. Should we try to play Wenyen more at PF and move Brown down to guard as needed? I don't see him squeezing out Reaves or Schro though on a regular basis.

Good take…I too would like to see Rui backup LeBron more at SF…Gabriel has shown that if given more minutes at PF that he could potentially be more productive and TBjr is more effective at SG.

The issue however would be deciding if it is more effective overall for team success. Gabriel at PF with Rui as SF and TBjr at SG essentially means that Gabriel and TBjr…with the domino affect…takes minutes away from Beasley and Reaves in order to unlock more production from Rui. The team may already have that better production overall in Reaves and Beasley over TBjr and Gabriel despite reduced production from Rui at PF instead of SF.

Tough choices…glad to have them!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I would be less worried about the team doing well without Lebron if DLo wasn't hurt as well. That's 2 starters we have to replace.

If DLo were healthy:

DLo . Dennis
Beasley . Lonnie
Brown . AR
Vando . Rui
AD . Bamba

Still formidable. With DLo out... Man.

Dennis . Lonnie
Beasley . AR
Rui . Brown
Vando . Gabriel
AD . Mamba

I think that's decent as well.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron is out we need to overload with efficiency

PG.D'Angelo / Dennis
SG.Beasley / Walker
SF.Reaves / Brown
PF.Vando / Rui
C.Davis / Mo
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I would be less worried about the team doing well without Lebron if DLo wasn't hurt as well. That's 2 starters we have to replace.

If DLo were healthy:

DLo . Dennis
Beasley . Lonnie
Brown . AR
Vando . Rui
AD . Bamba

Dennis . Lonnie
Beasley . AR
Rui . Brown
Vando . Gabriel
AD . Mamba

Sounds good

Quote:
Ricky B.
@MrRickySpanish

TBJ starting in place of Lebron tonight per @mcten

But is Dlo playing or not?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If DLo were healthy:

DLo . Dennis
Beasley . Lonnie
Brown . AR
Vando . Rui
AD . Bamba

Dennis . Lonnie
Beasley . AR
Rui . Brown
Vando . Gabriel
AD . Mamba

Sounds good

Quote:
Ricky B.
@MrRickySpanish

He is not
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If DLo were healthy:

DLo . Dennis
Beasley . Lonnie
Brown . AR
Vando . Rui
AD . Bamba

Dennis . Lonnie
Beasley . AR
Rui . Brown
Vando . Gabriel
AD . Mamba

Sounds good

Quote:
Ricky B.
@MrRickySpanish

He is not

Reaves got this
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject:

Dennis Schroder/Lonnie Walker
Austin Reaves/Malik Beasley
Jarred Vanderbilt/Troy Brown Jr
Anthony Davis/Rui Hatchimara
Mo Bamba/Wenyen Gabriel

Should be the lineup tonight. But of course, we will just see Ham’s dumb ass start Troy Brown again while Vanderbilt gets wasted on guarding bigmen, and Mo Bamba not playing again.

God forbid we actually play a decent sized lineup for once and have an actual Center next to AD.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:26 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mo Bamba/Wenyen Gabriel

Should be the lineup tonight. But of course, we will just see Ham’s dumb ass start Troy Brown again while Vanderbilt gets wasted on guarding bigmen, and Mo Bamba not playing again.

God forbid we actually play a decent sized lineup for once and have an actual Center next to AD.

Yea sticking Vando on big men was a bad move. He was exploited and Davis was again left out on an island.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mo Bamba/Wenyen Gabriel

I would consider it smart to start Beasley over Reaves. Schro may provide a little bit of defense in the back court to help with Beasley in the starting unit. Reaves may be able to do the same with LWIVI with the second unit.

Nerlens or Cousins should already be available n the team. Also, I don’t understand TBjr starting or Mo Bamba getting the near DNP. This should be the plan with AD/Lebron/Dlo all out.
Mo/Nerlens
Rui/Gabe
Vande/TBjr
Beasley/Reaves
Schro/LWIV
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject:

Picture this

Russell
Reaves
Legramps
Vando
Davis
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Picture this

Russell
Reaves
Legramps
Vando
Davis

Closing lineup in the NBA finals
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: