*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
warriors, wolves, pelicans all choke. we better (bleep) win.

We better win by 14.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Perfect watching all those teams lose. We’re right their Lakers. Let’s win tonight 👏
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Back to the 12th seed guys!
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Perfect watching all those teams lose. We’re right their Lakers. Let’s win tonight 👏

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

STUPID!!! Such a stupid loss.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Realistically, the 6th seed is now not possible.

Would be great if we can somehow work our way into the 8th seed.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Every team we needed to lose lost. We blew it on capitalizing. Twice now.

We're very lucky that we're in the same place. We're no longer tied with Dallas however. But we didn't move anywhere. The win vs OKC was more important than we realized.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Both Pels and Lakers lose at the buzzer. Crazy and improbable night.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

We can't catch up to Dallas anymore, They got tiebreaker, and Luka is coming back. Best we could do is now 7th seed. AD speaking about being greedy, guess he wasn't greedy enough.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

As I said in the game thread, mediocre teams lose a lot. So it's not like any single game is a must-win; our competition will likely also be losing a fair amount.

But giving away games like this one or the Rockets one (albeit, for different reasons) is how you end up at 11.

But also, with LeBron's health it might not even matter either way.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
As I said in the game thread, mediocre teams lose a lot. So it's not like any single game is a must-win; our competition will likely also be losing a fair amount.

But giving away games like this one or the Rockets one (albeit, for different reasons) is how you end up at 11.

Bingo. It’s not our year. These losses are frustrating but a deep run was never in the cards once he went down. The focus should be building continuity for next season.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Realistically, the 6th seed is now not possible.

Would be great if we can somehow work our way into the 8th seed.

I really don’t think it matters this year. Unless the goal is to be satisfied with a 1st round exit.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

The expectations were unrealistic. It’s now time to realize this is most likely a team that makes the play in if they are fortunate and loses in the first round. The team won a few games after the trades and tricked us into thinking they were something that they were not. Anything can happen still but it’s time now to watch the games with much much less expectations.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Celtics, Grizz, and Raptors need to take care of business for us tomorrow.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
The expectations were unrealistic. It’s now time to realize this is most likely a team that makes the play in if they are fortunate and loses in the first round. The team won a few games after the trades and tricked us into thinking they were something that they were not. Anything can happen still but it’s time now to watch the games with much much less expectations.

You realize we’re missing our most important player, right?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I know that no one is gonna miss me, I can be really critical of the team at times. But I can’t continue to invest as much mental energy into this team this year with the way things are going. Call me fair weather, it may be true but I just can’t do it. This team is cursed. You can’t choke away so many games (at least 10) in the way they have this year unless something supernatural is going on. It’s just not normal.

I’m out…unless Pelinka signs a center or the team wins the play in I’m gone until the season is over. This is my last post until then.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tox wrote:

Bingo. It’s not our year. These losses are frustrating but a deep run was never in the cards once he went down. The focus should be building continuity for next season.

Do you expect Lebron to be healthy next season? I see him missing another 30+ games. It’s what old players do.

Day to Davis misses 30+ too but he doesn’t have the age excuse.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I just wanna say that Houston is gonna be really good in a couple of years
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Damn today really feels like Tim Thomas 2006.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
tox wrote:

Do you expect Lebron to be healthy next season? I see him missing another 30+ games. It’s what old players do.

Day to Davis misses 30+ too but he doesn’t have the age excuse.

I think we can expect both to miss some time.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
We can't catch up to Dallas anymore, They got tiebreaker, and Luka is coming back.

Dallas still struggled when Luka was there. He and Kyrie are still trying to find their chemistry. I don't assume they're gonna go on a big winning streak or something. Not right away anyway.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

They are mediocre and on the edge of being out of the “play-in” because they have been giving away games all season. The last couple just added to the list.

They are who we thought they were since the season started. Just because we fans ride the waves of emotion and think they are somehow better then their record is meaningless.

Lakers sitting 3 games under .500 and in 10th seed is exactly what they have earned. So frustrating!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
tox wrote:

They are mediocre and on the edge of being out of the “play-in” because they have been giving away games all season. The last couple just added to the list.

They are who we thought they were since the season started. Just because we fans ride the waves of emotion and think they are somehow better then their record is meaningless.

Lakers sitting 3 games under .500 and in 10th seed is exactly what they have earned. So frustrating!

I'm still doubtful that we even make the post-season. But if we do, it's actually better that we get the playin as opposed to, say, the 6th seed. It's all about matchups.

If we survive the playin (and I think we can beat any of the playin teams) we will have a first round series against either the Nuggets or the Kings. I like our chances against either of those teams.

We have the size now at our 3 and 4 positions to slow down the Nuggets' wing attacks. And we should have the scoring to offset whatever Murray and Joker put up. As for the Kings, they haven't been in the post season in 15 years, and they're a young team. I say they wilt under the pressure while our Vets handle their business. With a first round upset, we will have confidence and momentum on our side.

Teams I don't want to see 1st round are Clippers (they just have our number), Suns (see Clippers), or the Griz (Ja will be motivated). All of those teams are potentials if we move up into that 6th spot. My feeling is just let the Suns take out the Clippers and the Mavs tire out the Griz.

So, actually, our losing, although frustrating, does have a silver lining. It's actually better for us to not move to that 6th spot. My hope is that we somehow get to that 8th spot, get through our playin and take on the Kings, which is an easier opponent than the Nuggets.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject:

The Knicks have become a contender. I think they'll get out of the 1st round. Randell is playing quality basketball. They're up on the Nuggets early 13-4. Jalen Brunson is a great addition. I'll bet Dallas is kicking themselves in the booty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers better win the next 4. No BS for Suns game…shouldn’t have (bleep) around with the Rockets and Luka-less Mavs.

4-0 to finish homestand. Better not (bleep) this up.

Enough load management, lack of urgency crap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 167 of 284
Jump to: