*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 4126
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Denver will be formidable.
They can score and now has some defenders.
They'll need a backup center though, cuz Jordan will suck as the season goes on.


They did a fantastic job over the years at assembling a modern team around Joker. There is a world where they overwhelm their competition. But they need to be healthy.
_________________
Darvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Denver will be formidable.
They can score and now has some defenders.
They'll need a backup center though, cuz Jordan will suck as the season goes on.


They did a fantastic job over the years at assembling a modern team around Joker. There is a world where they overwhelm their competition. But they need to be healthy.


Except for the Clippers, every team needs to be healthy to contend.
Somehow those Clips still play decent enough through injuries.

Back to the Nuggets, I actually don't trust them to be healthy, unfortunately for them. Murray, Gordon and MPJ.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 10562

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1583975457053032448

Trouble in Philly lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 49864
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow what's happening with the Sixers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17315

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Wow what's happening with the Sixers?

Doc.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1583975457053032448

Trouble in Philly lol


Just glad they're beating the Padres.
As long as the Stros and Dres don't win.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 15821

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Wow what's happening with the Sixers?


Embiid is hurt and playing through plantar fasciitis. He can only carry them for so many years. They have no bench depth and need other guys minus Harden and Maxey to step it up. Seems like team construction is not ideal and Tobias Harris is a bad fit. Losing Simmons, Curry, and Doc refusing to play Matisse Thybulle means they will be horrible defensively. PJ Tucker is 37, so he can't be the best perimeter defender on the team. It's also a textbook Doc Rivers team. All teams eventually quit on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Wow what's happening with the Sixers?


Embiid is hurt and playing through plantar fasciitis. He can only carry them for so many years. They have no bench depth and need other guys minus Harden and Maxey to step it up. Seems like team construction is not ideal and Tobias Harris is a bad fit. Losing Simmons, Curry, and Doc refusing to play Matisse Thybulle means they will be horrible defensively. PJ Tucker is 37, so he can't be the best perimeter defender on the team. It's also a textbook Doc Rivers team. All teams eventually quit on him.


What I'm seeing is the glaring lack of bench depth. The rest of what you say may be true, but the lack of production off the bench is glaring. Consider the loss to the Spurs: The starters scored 95 points, while the bench scored 10 points. This is not an aberration. The bench scored 13 points against the Bucks and 11 points against Celtics. In all three games, there was at least one player on the opposing team who outscored the entire Sixers' bench.

The worst part for the Sixers is that they don't appear to have any injury issues. They may need to make an emergency trade, and I don't mean for Westbrook and draft picks. Sorry IG.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 2640

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

<snip>
and I don't mean for Westbrook and draft picks. Sorry IG.


Too late, you've let the cat out of the bag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

<snip>
and I don't mean for Westbrook and draft picks. Sorry IG.


Too late, you've let the cat out of the bag.


You can't bag that cat.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

So Ingram has a possible concussion, Zion has some issue that keeps him out of OT, and the Jazz are now 3-0. This has the makings of a wacky season. The Jazz are 3-0, and the Sixers are 0-3.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Jun 2017
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So Ingram has a possible concussion, Zion has some issue that keeps him out of OT, and the Jazz are now 3-0. This has the makings of a wacky season. The Jazz are 3-0, and the Sixers are 0-3.


Zion had a fall similar to AD against the Clippers. That’s a lot of weight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 49864
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Man Zion Williamson can't catch a break

Pelicans say Zion Williamson has been diagnosed with a posterior hip contusion. He missed finish of tonight’s Pelicans-Jazz game.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1584368191102652416?s=46&t=qHBdfFD13KMp_9RPGJdavw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Man Zion Williamson can't catch a break

Pelicans say Zion Williamson has been diagnosed with a posterior hip contusion. He missed finish of tonight’s Pelicans-Jazz game.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1584368191102652416?s=46&t=qHBdfFD13KMp_9RPGJdavw


Sucks for him
Wish him health.
I don't feel sorry for the Pels though.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 10562

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Warriors scored 89 pts in the 1st half against the Kings. Must be nice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Jun 2017
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Warriors scored 89 pts in the 1st half against the Kings. Must be nice


They drafted 8 of the 11 players that have played tonight too. That’s impressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 15821

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Crazy how both BI and Zion get hurt in the same game, albeit both were kinda freak occurrences. Their durability issues may cost them a deep playoff run this season. Hope they figure it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 10562

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Warriors scored 89 pts in the 1st half against the Kings. Must be nice


They drafted 8 of the 11 players that have played tonight too. That’s impressive.


No doubt, quite expensive as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3940

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

jazz 3-0 now. time to trade for russ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17315

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Warriors scored 89 pts in the 1st half against the Kings. Must be nice

they did give up 71 but yes 89>71
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
jazz 3-0 now. time to trade for russ.


Lauri can't be aggregated with others till oct 31
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 6175

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Clippers and Pelicans both lost tonight. Need more Ls from them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Jun 2017
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Zubac and Bobby Shmurda got punked tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Feb 2022
Posts: 1159

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:28 am    Post subject:

James Wiseman may not be a wasted pick afterall. He’s had 3 solid games to start the season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 10268

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Gonna be a looooong season
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 3 of 284
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB