*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The Bucks had to play yesterday so I'll give them a pass tonight. But they better be careful and maintain home court advantage over Boston.

B2B games are the easiest to bet on. Easy money. Celtics took it seriously, while Bud probably should have rested Giannis, BroLo and JRue. Probably would have been more competitive if he played the bench. I'd still pick Bucks in a 7 game series.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Minnesota Timberwolves center Naz Reid has suffered a broken wrist and will miss a significant period of time, sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski. Tough loss as Reid is in the midst of his best season, averaging 11.5 points and 4.9 rebounds.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1641662445180669953

Wow..

Feel sad for Minny fans, terrible time to lose someone

Get well soon, Naz
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I mean, maybe Jokic is hurt, but Malone also hates the Lakers with a passion, so I wouldn’t put it past them to sacrifice game in hopes that we don’t make it.

Malone and Jokic trying make a case for MVP... That Denver is crap without him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Minnesota Timberwolves center Naz Reid has suffered a broken wrist and will miss a significant period of time, sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski. Tough loss as Reid is in the midst of his best season, averaging 11.5 points and 4.9 rebounds.

Wow..

Basically season ending
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Shameless ducking by Denver.

How do you expect to win a chip if you are trying to avoid the 0.500, play-in Lakers

Wouldn’t they be most likely to miss the Lakers if they finished first? The Lakers could only get 8th if they lost a playin game.

Denver is already a lock for first. Giving Pelicans the win drops the Lakers to ninth.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Wow..

Get well soon, Naz

It was from that dunk attempt against the Suns, right? He was still able to shoot the free throws IIRC
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
drae wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Wow..

Get well soon, Naz

It was from that dunk attempt against the Suns, right? He was still able to shoot the free throws IIRC

Yep. He was in a world of pain after that missed dunk. Would have been dunk of the year if he made it.

The problem with going for posters is that there is a high risk of injury, either on the landing or on some collision that causes damage. It's why some of the high flyers just prefer to lay it up or euro step it. Lots of players learn by experience. In a NBA podcast I heard a while ago, Donovan Mitchell talked about how easy it is for players to injure their wrists and fingers on rims / backboards on dunks.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How do you expect to win a chip if you are trying to avoid the 0.500, play-in Lakers

Wouldn’t they be most likely to miss the Lakers if they finished first? The Lakers could only get 8th if they lost a playin game.

Denver is already a lock for first. Giving Pelicans the win drops the Lakers to ninth.

how can they lock on 1st if they give up all their remaining games?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why are you assuming they are giving up all their remaining games?

They only need to go 2-4 even if the Griz win out. Nuggets are up 3 games and have the tiebreaker against Memphis.

Honestly not much to see here IMO. Jokic had a tender ankle and took a rest day. Good teams spend the season earning the right to do this. They already have HCA locked up. A win or two locks up #1 seed.

Bad teams spend the season wasting opportunities and losing too many winnable games all season long only to be in a desperate razors edge chase for a play-in game the last couple weeks of the season.

Nuggets will be rested and ready to go once the playoffs begin. I remember when the Lakers used to be a contender and utilized this strategy.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why are you assuming they are giving up all their remaining games?

They only need to go 2-4 even if the Griz win out. Nuggets are up 3 games and have the tiebreaker against Memphis.

Honestly not much to see here IMO. Jokic had a tender ankle and took a rest day. Good teams spend the season earning the right to do this. They already have HCA locked up. A win or two locks up #1 seed.

Bad teams spend the season wasting opportunities and losing too many winnable games all season long only to be in a desperate razors edge chase for a play-in game the last couple weeks of the season.

Nuggets will be rested and ready to go once the playoffs begin. I remember when the Lakers used to be a contender and utilized this strategy.

Coz they saying they are lock in for first and giving other team wins.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:14 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Thomas Bryant getting DNP’s, was he just sucking so bad with Denver?

He asks for a trade to get more minutes and is now getting DNPs.

not funny...he done great here and looking for burn. Our coach too crazy not to play the guy alongside AD...smh. Ever player wants to show what they can do and the money that goes with it. However he is also playing alongside a star(Joker) and the person that was backing up Joker..thats like sitting behind MAdson and Shaq..you not going to get burn most nights.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Celtics made a statement tonight in Milwaukee. They were up 44 in the third quarter. Shaping up to be a great finals this summer...Lakers vs Celtics for #18

Regular season and postseason aren't the same.

The Lakers have to get into the playoffs first. The Celtics I don't know what to think of them this is the same team that lost to the Wizards the other day.

Honestly I don't trust any of the teams.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Celtics made a statement tonight in Milwaukee. They were up 44 in the third quarter. Shaping up to be a great finals this summer...Lakers vs Celtics for #18

The Lakers have to get into the playoffs first. The Celtics I don't know what to think of them this is the same team that lost to the Wizards the other day.

The playoffs have the potential to generate a lot of surprising results. I won't be shocked if the Finals are the mirror image of the NCAA Final Four, with something off the wall like Cleveland vs. Sacramento.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Games like losing to wizards just happen. Teams take nights off but Best believe bucks and Celtics will be ready to compete avainest each other in the ecf. I don’t see 76ers getting to the ecf and surely not anyone below them.

wcf candidates: denver, Memphis, suns or lakers (if fully healthy of course) , clippers(if pg returns before 2nd round)
Don’t see warriors even with Wiggins returning making it to the wcf
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Logic has no place here
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:04 am    Post subject:

Lakers/Celtics finals for #18 for both franchises. Couldn't have written a better script. I could see the NBA refs making it happen.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I know some will find it sacrilegious but I find myself being happy for the Kings. 16 years is a helluva long drought. They’re a likable team. They’ve had a great season. I’m not bullish on it translating to playoff success, but they finally had a season that wasn’t torture.

I'm 28 years old. The Kings hadn't made the playoffs since I was in the 6th grade. That's torturous for any fan base, especially for one who only has one professional team in their city. I certainly won't be rooting for them to win the title or anything, but I'm happy the drought is over for them.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I kinda feel bad. Dude is a solid player. We also didn't have his bird rights, so trading him was the right move anyway.

uhh??

He started yesterday and played 5 mins. in the first half after 2 fouls...
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

not funny...he done great here and looking for burn. Our coach too crazy not to play the guy alongside AD...smh. Ever player wants to show what they can do and the money that goes with it. However he is also playing alongside a star(Joker) and the person that was backing up Joker..thats like sitting behind MAdson and Shaq..you not going to get burn most nights.

Had he stayed he would not fit on the team . First because he was whiny about his role. Second because he’s the opposite of everything AD has set tone wise with this team since the break, which is defensive effort first. He was a walking layup for the other team and he still allows over 64% at the rim for opponents so AD would have never rested in the playoffs with him not trying on defense like he scored on offense. Bryant tried hard, ran hard, jumped hard and battled on offense but he gave no (bleep) about defense to the point undersized Gabriel is still a better backup option than him. He can’t play in Denver because as bad as Jokic is on defense as well as Jordan and Jeff Green, Bryant has been the worst defender on the team. He’s got to do better.

If you go to the best team in the conference and won’t play defense that’s on you when it comes to limiting your own time and money.

If you are paired with AD who everyone knows wants to be a PF, wants another big, and you refuse to do dirty work at the rim that’s on you. Gabriel has seen the court with AD. Hell Kuzma got himself dirty with AD. Markieff got himself dirty with AD. Bryant would not get himself dirty unless if it was chasing offense and he hurt himself because he could have easily played with AD had he cared an ounce about defense.

Last edited by Kblo247! on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (ankle) now listed questionable Friday.

Man, that pistons escape has them re-thinking. Probably also Dallas with the Kyrie implosion.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Christopher Hine @ChristopherHine

The Wolves are advising fans to show up early tonight with doors opening 5:30. They’re expecting a crowd similar to playoff numbers last season.

Good test for the squad tonight. Playoff atmosphere without the playoff part haha
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Christopher Hine @ChristopherHine

The Wolves are advising fans to show up early tonight with doors opening 5:30. They’re expecting a crowd similar to playoff numbers last season.

Good test for the squad tonight. Playoff atmosphere without the playoff part haha

LGSWMS?

Laker Game Sudden Wolves Marketing Syndrome?

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

Speaking of LGSRS…looks like Caruso just plans on playing Laker games only.

Quote:
Alex Caruso (foot) listed questionable for Friday.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Lonzo- Lite wrote:

I kinda feel bad. Dude is a solid player. We also didn't have his bird rights, so trading him was the right move anyway.

uhh??

He started yesterday and played 5 mins. in the first half after 2 fouls...

And….your point?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakers/Celtics finals for #18 for both franchises. Couldn't have written a better script. I could see the NBA refs making it happen.

We matchup way better with the Celtics than we do the Bucks anyway. So that would be pretty cool.

We had those two games won if not the for worst no-call of the season, and the blown FT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 226 of 284
Jump to: