E-bike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: E-bike

There are so many options now that I don't know where to start. Can you recommend some good brands to check out? I'm probably looking to spend $1000-$2000 unless I can get away with a quality product at $500.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Not too familiar with E Bikes but few of my buddies have the Aventon E bikes and they seem pretty cool. I rode one the other day and its rides pretty good. The build quality looks good also. I weigh 225 and it had no problem getting me around.

They paid around 2 grand for theirs.

Btw are you looking for the all terrain type or the smaller ones for getting around town?
pierremonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject:

I did a lot of research on e-bikes before I ended up with a bike called a HyperScrambler 2 from a company called Juice. I think they're out of SoCal. If you look at their ads from any of the companies, they'll give you perfect world, battery capacity and speed.

So if you go to owner's groups on facebook and join them and look at what the actual owners are posting, it'll give you a better and more honest assessment. I weigh 150 and my bike gets me up to 30mph and a range of around 60 miles on a full charge, but the ads say 30+ mph and 100 miles.

Some of the popular brands I see around are Aventon, Sondors, and Juiced. There are so many options out nowadays. They have road bike styes, mountain bike styles, and the ones like mine which are almost like cafe racer style. Lots of fun. Good luck finding one!
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:41 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Not too familiar with E Bikes but few of my buddies have the Aventon E bikes and they seem pretty cool. I rode one the other day and its rides pretty good. The build quality looks good also. I weigh 225 and it had no problem getting me around.

They paid around 2 grand for theirs.

Btw are you looking for the all terrain type or the smaller ones for getting around town?

Just around town for a quick ride to the store and stuff.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

I bought in early and I paid a relative fortune. I went in with a friend and we bought 4 at the same time. That translated into a discount but I could get a cooler bike these days for half the price...even from the same brand.

My wife and I each have a Pedego.
I have other friends who love their Rad Power Bikes.

An old neighbor of mine (who owns an e-bike store) said the battery is the most important part. I think that's right. High capacity batteries are best. I've gone 40 miles on my pedego regularly and I have been glad I have the battery to support me. Without battery power, obviously you can still pedal, but then it's just a REALLY heavy bike.

Whatever you do, do not buy Jetson e-bikes (sold at Costco). They're inexpensive, but they fall apart quickly and none of the regular bike or e-bike shops will work on them. Waste of money.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
I bought in early and I paid a relative fortune. I went in with a friend and we bought 4 at the same time. That translated into a discount but I could get a cooler bike these days for half the price...even from the same brand.

My wife and I each have a Pedego.
I have other friends who love their Rad Power Bikes.

An old neighbor of mine (who owns an e-bike store) said the battery is the most important part. I think that's right. High capacity batteries are best. I've gone 40 miles on my pedego regularly and I have been glad I have the battery to support me. Without battery power, obviously you can still pedal, but then it's just a REALLY heavy bike.

Whatever you do, do not buy Jetson e-bikes (sold at Costco). They're inexpensive, but they fall apart quickly and none of the regular bike or e-bike shops will work on them. Waste of money.

Pedago has a good warranty so I was looking at them. I was also thinking about a Bosch because they make batteries.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

I don't know E bikes. I googled this

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject:

A bit late to the party, but I bought an eBike earlier this year. I went with the Model R from the Electric Bike Company for a bit more than what you are wanting to spend..

https://electricbikecompany.com/

I did a ton of research, and there are three main ways to buy one:
1) Buy a Chinese made one from the internet.
2) Buy one from a bike store.
3) Buy one directly from the manufacturer store.

Route 1) Good luck with any replacement parts or warranty work if you go this route, and be ready to completely scrap your bike every few years.. also only a few colors are available and very little if any options. Might be able to take it to a local bike store for repairs, but since they did not sell it to you, be prepared to pay the proverbial Arm & Leg for service.

Route 2) Bike Stores either buy Chinese bikes and mark them up or if you are lucking buy from a US Source, you will pay more for the bike, but should have a warranty. Very few colors and should have more custom options.

Route 3) The EBC has 4 or 5 shops and manufacturing locations in So. Cal. and will fix/replace/repair your bike whenever needed, they have a great warranty. They have ALL custom Colors and hundreds of customizable options.

EBC is by far the best and you can go to any of their shops to ride them before you buy...!

https://electricbikecompany.com/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: