*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers (11/28/22 @ 7:30 PM PT) Gm#19 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

It’s been a long time since I was this upset losing a game. They literally gave the game away by being lazy on defense the last 5 minutes. The whole team just expected to ride out the clock or something.

Ham is a horrible coach. How many transition buckets in a row does another team have to make before you call a time out and wake your players up?

Last edited by Brawn13 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

TMG wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Russ went hero at the end. Sorry to say, you always let LBJ run the point over Russ 999/1000 times.

Dude are you serious? Russ might make boneheaded plays but he was good overall this game.

This is 100% on Lebrons 4Q play. He absolutely cost us this game.

This roster is hot đź—‘
troy
Star Player
Star Player

Another thing that irritates the hell out of me about this Laker team, all the (bleep) over-celebrating on basic plays. We don't need Westbrook to play the crowd, we need him to play the opponent. Lebron does it too. We need to stop all the antics and concentrate on playing the game the right way.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Idk why anyone here is blaming the FO or asking for trades lol.

We lost this game cause Lebron was useless and Russ while good on offense refused to play defense.

No trade will fix that.

Especially Lebron.

Because talent will save us from Ham’s sh!t lineups.

We should be winning games comfortably and not meddling with last minute comebacks.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Why the (bleep) does Lebron insist on taking crap shots all the (bleep) time man?

Him and AD as a duo should be used way more than it has.

Im done man this loss (bleep) broke me. Cant get behind this crap it's infuriating.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

We lost this game cause Lebron was useless and Russ while good on offense refused to play defense.

No trade will fix that.

Especially Lebron.

We should be winning games comfortably and not meddling with last minute comebacks.

What talent? 3-15 this roster is beyond terrible.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

MJST wrote:
LeBron's fadeaways against the likes of McConnell, and LeBron leaving dude open on the final shot while camping in the lane for no reason when we already have AD to defend there, has been a thing that's bit us for a while. LeBron's tendency to float on defense and leave people wide open. It needs to be called out, it needs to stop. It's the least he can do on the defensive end. Stop leaving his assignment.

The bright side is AD's great play, highlighted how much LeBron doesn't give the team in lieu of his stats. His defense or lack thereof is being finally called out, his dumb long jumpers, the fact that coaches feel they can leave people like McConnell on him in single coverage. All that stuff comes back to bite. And if LeBron is supposed to be the 'leader' of the team, and he's floating on defense and leaving guys wide open, it trickles down to the rest of the team and then AD is left as the only one caring about defense all over again.

You don't understand what happened on the final play. AD had to tag the corner leaving a wide open player in the paint. Lebron was forced to stay in the paint to prevent a wide open layup. The play broke down because Schroeder and Reaves inexcusably doubled Haliburton.

Last edited by Lakeshow23_ on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

rock0100 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

No trade will fix that.

Especially Lebron.

Still don’t matter if at the end of the game you can’t rely on Lebron to play defense or to not drain the shot clock.

I’m not making any panic trades knowing that our so called best player is a liability
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

I dont know what y'all are seeing on last play. Schroder and Reaves are literally guarding the same dude. AD has to go out to cut off the corner pass and Lebron has to help guard the other open man in the paint. Russ is stuck between two open dudes on the perimeter

It was a nice pass and a contest by Lebron.

The fact that it came down to that shot is the problem
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

TMG wrote:
Why the (bleep) does Lebron insist on taking crap shots all the (bleep) time man?

Im done man this loss (bleep) broke me. Cant get behind this crap it's infuriating.

I totally feel he cares only about the scoring record, he doesn't give a rats ass about the team/organization since we have a losing record.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
It’s been a long time since I was this upset losing a game. They literally gave the game away by being lazy on defense the last 5 minutes. The whole team just expected to ride out the clock or something.

Ham is a horrible coach. How many transition buckets in a row does another team have to make before you call a time out and wake your players up?

Mr Ham is a rookie coach and is learning on the job. This loss is more on Lebron. Lebron should control the pace and rally his team to make the right decisions. Yet he constantly makes stupid plays and kills team momentum. I noted 4 different things Lebron did that literally cost us the game.

This painful loss is on Lebron James, not Mr. Ham.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

No trade will fix that.

Especially Lebron.

Exactly why we need to trade so that 3 a 5 are actually NBA role players.

Reaves and Lonnie are not terrible by the way, but they shouldn’t be 3rd and 4th option.

Last edited by rock0100 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Russ went hero at the end. Sorry to say, you always let LBJ run the point over Russ 999/1000 times.

Dude are you serious? Russ might make boneheaded plays but he was good overall this game.

Lebron drove and gave us the lead 115-113. Russ got a lucky bounce to go 112-109 and some big misses.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

If we’re gonna close out games with Westbrook on the floor, expect more losses like this.
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1597472306015932418
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
TMG wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Lebron drove and gave us the lead 115-113. Russ got a lucky bounce to go 112-109 and some big misses.

You forgot to mention he hit a 3 right before the lucky bounce and from what I could tell, lebron didn’t even want the ball before the last possession.
Also Russ was 10/18 and lebron was 8/22 this game
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Ksig wrote:
I dont know what y'all are seeing on last play. Schroder and Reaves are literally guarding the same dude. AD has to go out to cut off the corner pass and Lebron has to help guard the other open man in the paint. Russ is stuck between two open dudes on the perimeter

It was a nice pass and a contest by Lebron.

The fact that it came down to that shot is the problem

Bro Reaves might as well be Christopher Reeves on this board. He can do no wrong and is Superman. He’s a mediocre undrafted player who only plays because the Lakers are terrible
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Another thing that irritates the hell out of me about this Laker team, all the (bleep) over-celebrating on basic plays. We don't need Westbrook to play the crowd, we need him to play the opponent. Lebron does it too. We need to stop all the antics and concentrate on playing the game the right way.

Russ made me think that tonight as well…
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

Because Lebron is a showoff, and a narcissist immature ass. He always has been. I'm sorry, I know he does alot of great things out there, but he simply cannot be counted on to win games during the critical times.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

No trade will fix that.

Especially Lebron.

Exactly why we need to trade so that 3 a 5 are actually NBA role players.

Reaves and Lonnie are not terrible by the way, but they shouldn’t be 3rd and 4th option.

I do agree with this
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1597471221276299265?s=46&t=GbAC5J2xgjm3dxXJmZRDZQ
So you be the judge on who missed the rotation

I understand the closeout, but why is Westbrook leaking out at the halfcourt line with 6 seconds on the clock?

You had a long, tipped rebound leading to a scramble with 4 seconds left. A lot of people were slightly out of position because of the tip, so it wasn't just a case of poor rotations. For example, if Lebron closed out any sooner on the shooter at the 3-point line, he leaves a man open for a layup under the basket.

The biggest problem was Westbrook cheating out by halfcourt for too long, hoping the Lakers would get the rebound and he could go down for a layup.

The game was really lost with bad play before the final play.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

That + LeBron brought this kind of effort against the rookie that said LeBron is going to have to "prove' he's better than him. He did nothing of the sort tonight, none of that intensity, none of the trying on defense, none of the "I'll take the youngster/rookie." to show him what's what... none of it.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
If we’re gonna close out games with Westbrook on the floor, expect more losses like this.

I though Mr. Ham played Westbrook and Dennis S. waaaayy too much in the 4th. Westbrook cannot close out games. He is too prone to turnovers to close out games. And Dennis is not a good enough shooter to close out games. Mr. Ham is learning, I know, but it sure is frustrating seeing his lineups sometimes.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

Lebron and AD pick and roll is done because Lebron can’t put pressure on the rim as a ball handler anymore, he’s old, gets injured and refs don’t call any fouls for him anyway.

Lebrons slashing game isn’t it anymore…he’s almost 40. He has no choice put to force up threes….That’s really the only shot he’s got on a team with no 3 point shooting.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
That + LeBron brought this kind of effort against the rookie that said LeBron is going to have to "prove' he's better than him. He did nothing of the sort tonight, none of that intensity, none of the trying on defense, none of the "I'll take the youngster/rookie." to show him what's what... none of it.

And that rookie kicked his ass.

Lebron should have been traded when we had the chance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23
Jump to: