CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 12-13-22 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Russ and LBJ shouldn't close games together. Either one or the other, and LeBron ain't sitting.

I also hate hero ball when the heroes have either no legs or no brains.

I agree with all who raised the issue of LBJ's minutes. LeBron shouldn't play all game long, particularly in a big game like this one. He should have some legs left for OT, so we don't see clanked and predictable 3's as our offensive scheme.

Finally a belated nod to everyone on LG who pushed for us to choose Tatum over Lonzo on that fateful draft day a few years back. Sucks that he's a Celtic.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Finally a belated nod to everyone on LG who pushed for us to choose Tatum over Lonzo on that fateful draft day a few years back. Sucks that he's a Celtic.

he would be on pelicans
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

Yes he would, Maginka were desperate enough.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks DB. Russ and LBJ shouldn't close games together. Either one or the other, and LeBron ain't sitting.

I agree with all who raised the issue of LBJ's minutes. LeBron shouldn't play all game long, particularly in a big game like this one. He should have some legs left for OT, so we don't see clanked and predictable 3's as our offensive scheme.

I’ll never understand the Lonzo hype. I don’t watch college ball and I know that he was overwhelmingly picked to get drafted at the top of the 1st round but I just never saw it. I could immediately see why Ingram was drafted high even when his production was low. I could see why Randle went 7th even though he was raw and kind of a tweener. Lonzo and Russell just always looked like mid 1st rounders to me.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

The Los Angeles Mental Midgets

When the game begins, or when it's in the balance, we love to fall behind. Why? Because we suck during high leverage moments. That is why we are constantly playing from behind. We are pretty good at comebacks because when you're behind big, there is nothing to lose. When momentum is with us, we can even build a lead. Lebron was feeling good at 105-93. He had just played to the crowd about missing a potential 3-pt play. He then only goes 1-2 at the line, it's 106-93 with only 4:25 left to play. Boston hits a three. 106-96. Lebron still feeling good, makes a rookie mistake in yr 20, and inbounds the ball to the Celtics. It's now 106-98. You're feeling it, it's time to MAKE BUCKETS to put the Celtics away. This is when the Mental Midgets show up. Epitomized by A.D. choking at the FT line once again. I didn't even have to watch overtime to know what's about to happen. Indiana all over again.

We need shooters to bail out out mental midget captains. We need a trade. It's really not fair to Russ that those two dudes didn't show up in overtime and Russ had no option but to shoot, and the whole building knows he's not a good shooter. Darvin Ham has been guilty as well, for his stupid line-ups during games that contributes to the deficit, and when game's in the balance in overtime, he doesn't make adjustments. He just watches Russ shoot with the rest of the team, the building, the fans at home. I've never been more annoyed by a lost in my life. Probably not true, but I'm ranting right now.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

IMO, the game turned after the Lakers went up 13, the Celts hit a 3 and on the inbounds play, LBJ casually flips the ball in to no one. Smart steals it and scores and suddenly the Celts are only down 8. 5 points in 5 seconds and the beginning of the end.

Sure AD missing the FT's ultimately sealed their fate.

Strange that in the championship year, the Lakers were a great 4th Q team. Now we've lost two double digit leads in the last 5 minutes of the games (Indy and Boston) because the team can't figure out how to close.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

Good points, I have to agree.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

BIG guess, is what that is. BUT what if we rolled out Tatum & Ingram and waited for AD?

My guess is as good as yours.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

That’s why this FO sucks. Imagine if they had traded him, they would have been run out of town.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Cue up the 1937 Zeppelin exploding.....and the infamous words:

"THE HORROR"
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

BIG guess, is what that is. BUT what if we rolled out Tatum & Ingram and waited for AD?

Because our FO would have thought it would have been redundant
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
deal wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

he would be on pelicans

Because our FO would have thought it would have been redundant

Because it’s your guess, I guess.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I’ll never understand the Lonzo hype. I don’t watch college ball and I know that he was overwhelmingly picked to get drafted at the top of the 1st round but I just never saw it. I could immediately see why Ingram was drafted high even when his production was low. I could see why Randle went 7th even though he was raw and kind of a tweener. Lonzo and Russell just always looked like mid 1st rounders to me.
If memories serves me right, Magic was the GM and he was "All In" on Lonzo

Magic thought that Lonzo was Magic 2.0 and was more important than Tatum (whose scouting report is listed at http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jayson-Tatum-7249/)

Interesting that Ham didn't have enough confidence in Bryant to start the the fourth quarter and didn't have Gabriel available. Just having a 5 minutes real time "blow" would have been invaluable that hopefully Ham will learn from. Interesting is that Ham made the decision to stay with Brown and Reeves (with Skywalker in for a quick New York minute).

Was Westbrook tired, hence the reason why he went away from something that was working (driving to the basket) and settling for 3pt/outside shots

LBJ's careless and needless TO, that was mentioned above, is something that Kobe would have never done. Plus, where were LBJ's teammates warning him - acknowledging that LBJ was looking right at the play in front of him, but maybe they could have warned AD

Note: It was not too long ago where people were saying that Tatum wasn't yet ready for Prime Time - some said it in the Celtics' Warriors' game the night before (see Big Perk's disgust)

Hopefully the Lakers will have Sir Charles and Big Perk's comments that the Lakers are trash in the locker room before every game.

A recent high school game confirms that a certain PF sharpshooter is still available (Melo).

Maybe Matt Ryan will return, though his defensive abilities need work despite his all-out efforts on the court.
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject:

We need to Trade AD and bron while their stocks are high.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
We need to Trade AD and bron while their stocks are high.
Since KD didn’t get many offers, what do you ***realistically*** believe one would get in return - with the big assumption that your question is a serious one - lmao!!

Ah, Laker fans are willing to wait 3-5 years of “The Process” with no superstars that come close to the talent of AD and LBJ - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

<snip>
Ah, Laker fans are willing to wait 3-5 years of “The Process” with no superstars that come close to the talent of AD and LBJ - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You've nailed it.
LBJ/AD dumped for picks means a repeat of the Russell/Lonzo/Ingram/Randle/Hart/Kuzma/.. trajectory - and recall that even that trajectory involved a great deal of luck in beating the lottery odds multiple times to get 3 consecutive #2's.
I'm not saying there's a better solution, but like you, I'm betting that the very people that are vehemently pushing the AD dumping will be the loudest complaining voices when the team misses the playoffs year after year.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
<snip>
You've nailed it.
LBJ/AD dumped for picks means a repeat of the Russell/Lonzo/Ingram/Randle/Hart/Kuzma/.. trajectory - and recall that even that trajectory involved a great deal of luck in beating the lottery odds multiple times to get 3 consecutive #2's.
I'm not saying there's a better solution, but like you, I'm betting that the very people that are vehemently pushing the AD dumping will be the loudest complaining voices when the team misses the playoffs year after year.
Quick - does anybody think that any of these talented players from DLo to Lonzo to BI to Julius to Hart to Kuzma to Nance Jr to Zubac can carry a team like Ja to Trae to Luka to Greek Freak, etc. - Nope. All of the just-mentioned players will have long NBA career as important complimentary parts of a good team.
~ With the average NBA contract being $7.3M, none of these players will/should be in the proverbial "Dog House" in need of $$$$.

Will Victor Wembanyama, Scoot Henderson, Nick Smith, Amen Thompson, Gregory Jackson, Cam Whitmore or Anthony Black be a superstar.

Or will they be a bust like Greg Oden, Jay Williams, Anthony Bennett Darko Miličić, Darko Miličić, Hasheem Thabeet, Adam Morrison, Kwame Brown, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Michael Olowokandi, Jonny Flynn, Chris Washburn, Rafael Araújo, J.R. Giddens, Stromile Swift, LaRue Martin, Jonathan Bender
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: