HAWKS -at- LAKERS – 1-6-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject: HAWKS -at- LAKERS – 1-6-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Sorry LG, traveling today so I missed the game.

Lakers stringing together a win streak.

Post your post-game thoughts here…
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see the team streaking.

Impressive. Just keep competing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Second.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Have faith
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Russ d is underrated
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm. Lakers creeping towards .500, guys stepping up . . . if AD makes it back soon & healthy (eyes/fingers/toes/testicles crossed) and a move at the trade deadline . . . hmmm . . .
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Boo yeah!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers played their game tonight, especially in the first half. Defense+rebounds+fast breaks, that's their blueprint for being a very good team.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Russ d is underrated

It was outstanding today, absolutely. The first half defense for the entire team was admirable as well, and Nunn had perhaps his best game (offensively) as a Laker.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Russ actually played really good D today (and the last game too). I’m astounded.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:14 am    Post subject:

The NUNN game
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject:

Could I have been wrong about this team? Is it possible that when AD comes back this team will begin to dominate now they've figured out how to win?
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Hmmm. Lakers creeping towards .500, guys stepping up . . . if AD makes it back soon & healthy (eyes/fingers/toes/testicles crossed) and a move at the trade deadline . . . hmmm . . .

The question is, what move? Part of the reason they are playing better is that some of the players mentioned earlier as potential trade pieces are now starting to contribute. So, if they keep winning, they could mess up in the other direction, by breaking up a team that is finally clicking and also giving up some future first round picks for uncertain returns.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject:

A side note here:

The Hawks are such a sad team. They play in a decent sized market. It's a pretty good sports town. They just can't stop tripping over their own feet. I can't remember any season when I thought they had a genuinely good team. Yes, there were a couple teams in the Fratello era that were okay, and yes, there was the fluke season under Budenholzer. I never really believed in those teams, and sure enough, they fell short.

This is a team that actually drafted Luka Doncic, who is now on a Hall of Fame trajectory. They flipped him for Trae Young and a first round pick. The first round pick turned out to be Cam Reddish. This is truly a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I bet there are people in Atlanta who still argue that it was a great trade because they got Trae. In fact, I bet there are people here who salivate over the idea of getting Trae. The fact that he doesn't play winning basketball is just a detail.

Anyway, enough about the Hawks. It's just a sad story that deserved a passing comment.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

The Hawks are such a sad team. They play in a decent sized market. It's a pretty good sports town. They just can't stop tripping over their own feet. I can't remember any season when I thought they had a genuinely good team. Yes, there were a couple teams in the Fratello era that were okay, and yes, there was the fluke season under Budenholzer. I never really believed in those teams, and sure enough, they fell short.

This is a team that actually drafted Luka Doncic, who is now on a Hall of Fame trajectory. They flipped him for Trae Young and a first round pick. The first round pick turned out to be Cam Reddish. This is truly a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I bet there are people in Atlanta who still argue that it was a great trade because they got Trae. In fact, I bet there are people here who salivate over the idea of getting Trae. The fact that he doesn't play winning basketball is just a detail.

Anyway, enough about the Hawks. It's just a sad story that deserved a passing comment.

Yes, just the kind of roster decisions that keep a team mired in mediocrity. Another is the $125m/5 yr contract for John Collins, a puzzling overpay for a non-all-star big in today's game.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

Yes, just the kind of roster decisions that keep a team mired in mediocrity. Another is the $125m/5 yr contract for John Collins, a puzzling overpay for a non-all-star big in today's game.
They are beating teams that they are suppose to - good sign

Players are getting comfortable in their roles that allows them to shoot in rhythm - hence the higher percentage

Collectively, the team is understanding that playing great D and pace triggers what makes this team to its strength

With JTA, Bryant and Gabriel providing length and production, what tweaks does this team needs - definitely not Turner, Hield, Hayward and others

Only a player like Crowder “might” be a good addition

Let’s hope that this team embraces how it can impose its will on other teams
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

Players are getting comfortable in their roles that allows them to shoot in rhythm - hence the higher percentage

Collectively, the team is understanding that playing great D and pace triggers what makes this team to its strength

With JTA, Bryant and Gabriel providing length and production, what tweaks does this team needs - definitely not Turner, Hield, Hayward and others

Sniper, that's what we need the most then back up shot blocker
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

Nate does that to teams.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

Who would be better than Schroeder and who would you give up - realistically

Once AD comes back, who is better than Bryant - that has offensive skills and motor - and who would you give up?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

Once AD comes back, who is better than Bryant - that has offensive skills and motor - and who would you give up?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

I'd flip PatBev, Nunn, Jones, and Russ
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

For who?
Turner - No
Hield - No
Haywood - No
Crowder - Suns will trade him to the Lakers, doubtful unless they buy-out Crowder (which will never happen)

Jones would only be filler

Nunn's value is very low for other teams, hence only a contract filler

Which teams would want PatBev?

If Russ is traded, who would provide the leadership and pace (along with having the ability to create his own shot) when the bench players are in the game
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:44 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

For who?
Turner - No
Hield - No
Haywood - No
Crowder - Suns will trade him to the Lakers, doubtful unless they buy-out Crowder (which will never happen)

If Russ is traded, who would provide the leadership and pace (along with having the ability to create his own shot) when the bench players are in the game

back up shot blocker? maybe Mo Bamba
sniper? Bogdanovich
LW4 can lead the 2nd unit in lieu of Russ, there's also DS, Reaves
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Yes, I'm ready to believe they're figuring out how to be winning this year even without a trade. Players are improving and the team chemistry is getting better and better. They keep playing like this thru the month, I'd hesitate a bunch to screw it up with a bad trade at the deadline.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
governator wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A side note here:

For who?
Turner - No
Hield - No
Haywood - No

back up shot blocker? maybe Mo Bamba
sniper? Bogdanovich
LW4 can lead the 2nd unit in lieu of Russ, there's also DS, Reaves
Mo Bamba averages 1+ block per game, Gabriel and Bryant are providing more production (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4277919/mo-bamba)

Bogan Bogdanovic is a nice dream and if traded, would definitely include Reeves and other players that Ham would try to recreate chemistry. Bogdanovich's contract is $74M/4 years contract who is a UFA in 2023. Why would the Hawks trade him?

LW4 is not a consideration to bring pace and production
Reeves would be included in the trade
Schroeder would be a one man gang. Westbrook/Schroeder automatically makes the bench players play at a faster pace but with who?

What players would actually "Move the Needle" that one could realistically get in a trade?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: