Lakers 2023 Draft Pick(s) Watch - 17 (JHS), 40 (Max Lewis), 2-Ways (Colin Castleton, D’Moi Hodge)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I wish he stayed one more year at UCLA.
But he'll be drafted for sure.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I wish he stayed one more year at UCLA.
But he'll be drafted for sure.

If Adem Bona does go pro, I hope he's high on the Lakers radar.
He's an explosive, elite athlete with tons of defensive upside.

Bona was named to the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team and voted the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year in 2023.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State

Connecticut vs Gonzaga

Creighton vs San Diego State

Miami vs Texas
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:44 am    Post subject:

hope this guy's available in the 2nd round

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

Jordan Hawkins can shoot that rock!
Perfect replacement for Beasley

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
hope this guy's available in the 2nd round

If there are ten rounds he would still be available.

The dude is a hunchback and can't run the floor... there's a reason why all the camera shots have him standing at the rim and not running the floor.

If he could be medically rehabbed maybe you sign him as a free agent, but he looks really unhealthy to me.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Florida vs San Diego State

Miami vs Connecticut
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject:

UConn gonna win the tourny! So happy for them!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject:

DO IT MITCH!!!

JonathanGivony@DraftExpress

Quote:
    Jordan Hawkins buried the biggest shot of the game as San Diego State cut UConn's lead from 16 to 4 and had all the momentum -- a big time 3 running off a double stagger. UConn cruised from there.

Hawkins finished 21/42 for 3 in six NCAA tournament games. Potential lottery pick.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1643108398932664321
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject:

San Diego State vs Connecticut
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Do it Mitch!!

Another 6’4 SG?

Pass. The last time UConn had a guard that led the team to a title, it was Shabazz Napier. And he didn’t turn out to be…well, good.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Do it Mitch!!

Another 6’4 SG?

Pass. The last time UConn had a guard that led the team to a title, it was Shabazz Napier. And he didn’t turn out to be…well, good.

He was also diminutive. For what it's worth, Tankathon has us taking Hawkins with the 16th pick. I think he's 6'5 195 and looks lengthy for his height, too.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Do it Mitch!!

Another 6’4 SG?

He was also diminutive. For what it's worth, Tankathon has us taking Hawkins with the 16th pick. I think he's 6'5 195 and looks lengthy for his height, too.

His length only serves him well against other similar sized guards. Forwards just shoot over them as if they aren’t there.

Anthony Black is much more of an interesting prospect to me. 6’7 true point guard to be a Dennis Schroder replacement. Solid jump shot, good vision.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Do it Mitch!!

Another 6’4 SG?

His length only serves him well against other similar sized guards. Forwards just shoot over them as if they aren’t there.

Anthony Black is much more of an interesting prospect to me. 6’7 true point guard to be a Dennis Schroder replacement. Solid jump shot, good vision.

I like A. Black too but he will be off the board long before we pick.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Do it Mitch!!

Another 6’4 SG?

I like A. Black too but he will be off the board long before we pick.

Most likely. But man what a good fit off the bench he would be here. He is ugly as hell though. So LA would NOT be a good fit for his lack of good looks anyway.
geester
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
    2023 Mock Draft | Laker 1st Round picks:

* Sports Illustrated Mock Draft #23
    Kris Murray
    6'8", 220 lbs. F
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Jr.
    Murray averages 21 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game. Could play either the three or the four at the NBA level.

* Fan Nation Mock Draft #17
    Dariq Whitehead
    Duke Blue Devils (Freshman)
    Position: SG , Height/Weight: 6'6, 190 lbs
    Quote:
    Whitehead has NBA size and athleticism, to the degree he stands out on the college court as bigger, faster and stronger than most.
    He has shown potential on both ends of the floor with a good motor to match his athletic traits, but will have to develop his shooting
    and dribbling to lock in his status as a top draft prospect. - NBCsports

* B/R Mock Draft #16
    Maxwell Lewis
    Pepperdine, SG/SF, Soph.
    Lewis’ game is very fluid with three-level shot-making and efficient 60.7 true shooting percentage.

* Clutch Points #23 | * CBS Sports Mock Draft #24
    Brice Sensabaugh
    Ohio State Buckeyes (Freshman)
    SG/SF, Height/Weight: 6'6, 235 lbs

Quote:
    There is not a place on the court where Brice Sensabaugh is afraid to take a shot. Most of his work is done in the midrange,
    but his shooting prowess extends to beyond the arc where he is knocking them down at a 43% clip with 4.6 attempts per game. You can tell he already possesses a great feel for the game that should only increase as he gains more experience. - NBCsports

1st Rd: D. Whitehead (Duke): One of the top 3 point shooters to end the season. Once healthy, his last 11 games he was hitting at a 47% clip from 3. Injured twice during the season. First injury was foot related and definitely showed as he lost his explosiveness and took a while to get back to the court. As he was regaining stride, had 2nd injury and missed another couple games. Since he was slowed, worked on jump shot plus catch and shoot 3. Finished season at 43% from 3 range. Bigger than Beasley and more explosive to the rim once healthy. Known for his drives, power and finish as a high schooler. Honed his outside shot at Duke. Huge potential.

2nd Rd: Z Edey (Purdue): A way to get a bigger version of Zubac back into purple and gold. Can be a signiificant player off the bench, with Starter potential, possibly more. Only started playing basketball 6 years ago, after he got too big for hockey and baseball. His rate of improvement is off the charts. So started playing basketball at 15, now averaging close to 23pts;13Rebs at Purdue. Practices a hook shot regularly and just about no one ever stops it. Its his "go to" shot. Not a sky hook, but an extended jump hook. To put into context, hes only 7 months older than Brandon Miller. Legit 7-4, 290.

2nd Rd: Tubelis (Arizona): Very efficient, safe pick. not the most athletic, but smart and big enough to play over any of the wing players. Sneaky quick. Will never dominate in the NBA, but could have those games here and there to lift a team to victory. Some shades of Markennen when he was at Arizona, but more of a "Lite" version. Again, just turned 21 and finished his Jr season. Will be a solid roster spot player, but potential is there for more. Has really good skills for 6-11, but if he starts hitting the jumper with regularity, he can turn into something more.

Long time follower of UCLA basketball, so seen him his career at U of A.

I would also take a flyer on Bona in the 2nd round. Potentially elite as a defender and covers lots of ground; One of the most athletic big men in college basketball. Raw offensively, but decent enough and quick enough to score down low, plus lots of putback type baskets. Go out on a limb to say he is just as athletic as Bam; no where near on the skill set at present....But he works relentlessly to try to improve. Huge improvement as the season went by. Ability to change the game on the defensive end as a Freshman.

Just my 2 cents....Curious to see where the Lakers go with these picks.

I hope they dont retain Beasley, but keep the others intact.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Btw, when do the Pels have to decide if they want to swap picks or not?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:45 am    Post subject:

This draft is really important for us
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject:

geester wrote:
pio2u wrote:
    2023 Mock Draft | Laker 1st Round picks:

* Sports Illustrated Mock Draft #23
    Kris Murray
    6'8", 220 lbs. F
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Jr.
    Murray averages 21 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game. Could play either the three or the four at the NBA level.

* Fan Nation Mock Draft #17
    Dariq Whitehead
    Duke Blue Devils (Freshman)
    Position: SG , Height/Weight: 6'6, 190 lbs
    Quote:
    Whitehead has NBA size and athleticism, to the degree he stands out on the college court as bigger, faster and stronger than most.
    He has shown potential on both ends of the floor with a good motor to match his athletic traits, but will have to develop his shooting
    and dribbling to lock in his status as a top draft prospect. - NBCsports

* B/R Mock Draft #16
    Maxwell Lewis
    Pepperdine, SG/SF, Soph.
    Lewis’ game is very fluid with three-level shot-making and efficient 60.7 true shooting percentage.

* Clutch Points #23 | * CBS Sports Mock Draft #24
    Brice Sensabaugh
    Ohio State Buckeyes (Freshman)
    SG/SF, Height/Weight: 6'6, 235 lbs

Quote:
    There is not a place on the court where Brice Sensabaugh is afraid to take a shot. Most of his work is done in the midrange,
    but his shooting prowess extends to beyond the arc where he is knocking them down at a 43% clip with 4.6 attempts per game. You can tell he already possesses a great feel for the game that should only increase as he gains more experience. - NBCsports

1st Rd: D. Whitehead (Duke): One of the top 3 point shooters to end the season. Once healthy, his last 11 games he was hitting at a 47% clip from 3. Injured twice during the season. First injury was foot related and definitely showed as he lost his explosiveness and took a while to get back to the court. As he was regaining stride, had 2nd injury and missed another couple games. Since he was slowed, worked on jump shot plus catch and shoot 3. Finished season at 43% from 3 range. Bigger than Beasley and more explosive to the rim once healthy. Known for his drives, power and finish as a high schooler. Honed his outside shot at Duke. Huge potential.

2nd Rd: Z Edey (Purdue): A way to get a bigger version of Zubac back into purple and gold. Can be a signiificant player off the bench, with Starter potential, possibly more. Only started playing basketball 6 years ago, after he got too big for hockey and baseball. His rate of improvement is off the charts. So started playing basketball at 15, now averaging close to 23pts;13Rebs at Purdue. Practices a hook shot regularly and just about no one ever stops it. Its his "go to" shot. Not a sky hook, but an extended jump hook. To put into context, hes only 7 months older than Brandon Miller. Legit 7-4, 290.

2nd Rd: Tubelis (Arizona): Very efficient, safe pick. not the most athletic, but smart and big enough to play over any of the wing players. Sneaky quick. Will never dominate in the NBA, but could have those games here and there to lift a team to victory. Some shades of Markennen when he was at Arizona, but more of a "Lite" version. Again, just turned 21 and finished his Jr season. Will be a solid roster spot player, but potential is there for more. Has really good skills for 6-11, but if he starts hitting the jumper with regularity, he can turn into something more.

Long time follower of UCLA basketball, so seen him his career at U of A.

I would also take a flyer on Bona in the 2nd round. Potentially elite as a defender and covers lots of ground; One of the most athletic big men in college basketball. Raw offensively, but decent enough and quick enough to score down low, plus lots of putback type baskets. Go out on a limb to say he is just as athletic as Bam; no where near on the skill set at present....But he works relentlessly to try to improve. Huge improvement as the season went by. Ability to change the game on the defensive end as a Freshman.

Just my 2 cents....Curious to see where the Lakers go with these picks.

I hope they dont retain Beasley, but keep the others intact.

Besides Kris Murray, I see “SG, SG, SG”, and I’m like, “ “.

Literally the one position we don’t need. Give me either a point guard to replace Schroder, another wing player because you can never have too many of those, or most importantly, a center.

And yes, give me my boy Zach Eddey.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

I hope we pick 16 and pelicans 15. No swap but we keep the best position
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

May 16th

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrcoD6AWYAAzOv7.jpg
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

May 16th

Perfecto. Thanks.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

May 16th

Basically after the lottery
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject:

LAL/NOH - likely end up with the same record, likely have the first play-in game against each other, likely have consecutive picks in the draft with the swap giving the Pels the better of the two.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 6 of 78
Jump to: