Lakers 2023 Draft Pick(s) Watch - 17 (JHS), 40 (Max Lewis), 2-Ways (Colin Castleton, D’Moi Hodge)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
This Zach Eday on Purdue has a lot of potential.

Do we have a chance to get him in the draft?

He has been impressive (7'4" /305lbs). He's projected as a second rounder but his stock is rising.
Edey's averages 22.1 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.2 blocks per game.

OMG YES PLEASE!

Draft him in the first round I don't care. This team has not had a young center to look forward to since maybe Zubac. Lakers need this guy, and he's MASSIVE. I would be a huge fan of this pick.

I dont care about injury risk. There's a risk in every pick. But if this kid HITS for this team? FINALLY having a real center would be such a boon for this organization.

Not sure how his game translates unless we don’t hedge picks and go into drop coverage on the PnR. With most teams having shooters, I do not like where this leaves the D. He willprobably get exclusively hunted.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject:

I'm an Arkansas guy but I love Anthony Black (Zo ball part 2) and Nick Smith (might fall due to injury concerns).

Lets hope the Pelicans keep losing so the pick swap becomes irrelevant.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject:

Well, at least it seems that even if we don't make the playoffs, the Pellicans will be a lottery team as well.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Well, at least it seems that even if we don't make the playoffs, the Pellicans will be a lottery team as well.

The dream of both the Lakers and Pelicans jumping in the lottery and getting 1st and 2nd pick.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

The dream of both the Lakers and Pelicans jumping in the lottery and getting 1st and 2nd pick.

that would make me happy. this will be a 1.5 person draft, and getting the 0.5 is not bad at all.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

that would make me happy. this will be a 1.5 person draft, and getting the 0.5 is not bad at all.

Well who knows? Pelicans need a point guard desperately and MAYBE they pull a fast one thinking Victor will be injury prone, so they draft Scoot Henderson instead and we get Wembanyama?

Although in a scenario like this, I would be incredibly excited for either one.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Misery loves company. Their fans hate Laker fans and vice versa. If karma is truly real, then this outcome is to be expected.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Misery loves company. Their fans hate Laker fans and vice versa. If karma is truly real, then this outcome is to be expected.

Maybe if it does happen, Victor should suddenly have an “injury” that makes the Pelicans think twice about drafting him. Similar to Embiid suddenly going from a for-sure number 1 pick, to 3. (although Embiid’s injury was actually serious, but you get what I mean)
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

A Laker win tonight against Minny, and Pelican loss to the Warriors and we're tied by record.

The Clipper 2nds in '24 and '25 are starting to look a little more interesting. Hopefully they resign Russ to a long term deal
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

With the Laker win against Golden St today, if New Orleans losses to Sacramento tomorrow, our records are tied (tie breakers don't impact draft order. It's record and a coin flip if tied). Knock on wood, we pass them this week for both playoff positioning and draft swap implications.

Regardless, looks like we're drafting in the late teens. If Jeff Howard is on the board, with how much LA wanted his father to be the head coach, and LA's penchant for legacy hires, any chance he's not the pick.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
This Zach Eday on Purdue has a lot of potential.

Do we have a chance to get him in the draft?

He has been impressive (7'4" /305lbs). He's projected as a second rounder but his stock is rising.
Edey's averages 22.1 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.2 blocks per game.

Solid free throw shooter https://youtu.be/SM06kTok-8M?t=1m15s
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
With the Laker win against Golden St today, if New Orleans losses to Sacramento tomorrow, our records are tied (tie breakers don't impact draft order. It's record and a coin flip if tied). Knock on wood, we pass them this week for both playoff positioning and draft swap implications.

Regardless, looks like we're drafting in the late teens. If Jeff Howard is on the board, with how much LA wanted his father to be the head coach, and LA's penchant for legacy hires, any chance he's not the pick.

As I said earlier, Jett would be a great pick!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

But he rebounds worse than a small point guard, pulling in just 1% of offensive rebounds and 8.3% defensively for a total rebound rate of 4.8%.

Further, he has a poor steal rate, his defense eye tests badly, and his team has been a big underachiever so far this season.

https://deanondraft.com/2023/02/08/2023-draft-mid-season-board/

sounds like rui jr, lol
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Is 6’4” SG Keyonte George (Baylor) the best shooter in the lottery?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:15 am    Post subject:

Cason Wallace
Dlo
Lebron
Vanderbilt
AD

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

Holy cow, I can't believe the Lakers may have a pick in the teens this year.

Hopefully we can finish around the 7-9th seed at worst, and Pels seem to be having the worst luck with Alvarado/Nance being hurt, and Zion's return being unlikely.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject:

And we’re tied ……with New Orleans.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans currently have the 11th pick and Lakers 14th pick. Can we swap picks with them?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Pelicans currently have the 11th pick and Lakers 14th pick. Can we swap picks with them?

Hey I’ll do a swap with them now.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Pels are like the Raptors of the West. All that length and hustle, but no bball IQ or shooting to show for it.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Pels are like the Raptors of the West. All that length and hustle, but no bball IQ or shooting to show for it.

Ingram's been injured for much of the year and Zion is (of course) injured again. So 2 best players are out and they'll struggle.

Injury concerns won't get better in the foreseeable future either imo. It is what it is I guess
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Man who woulda thought earlier in the year that the pick swap would be nullified.... I think we'll pick 15-19... Im excited to see who our scouting department could get. Carson Wallace would be nice but he might be gone by then. There's a lot of wings in that area too
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Ingram's been injured for much of the year and Zion is (of course) injured again. So 2 best players are out and they'll struggle.

Injury concerns won't get better in the foreseeable future either imo. It is what it is I guess

Pretty much. The best ability is availability. If your stars can't play at least half the season, trade them for someone who can. I expected Zion to be out, but BI is the one who doesn't have weight issues and is still getting hurt somehow. Something ain't right with that man's body. Now they are essentially paying CJ 35 million to be the 1st option. That's a one way trip to the lotto, unfortunately.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Don’t want to disappoint some of you, but I see we trade this FRP out because of the taxes. Best case scenario would be for a future FRP from other teams.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

The Tuesday game vs the Pelicans will definitely have draft implications.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 4 of 78
Jump to: