RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Team really needs to get more looks and shots for him. I’d much rather he take more shots than Beasley and Walker bricking everything like Jack asses.

Rui is a fine player. And I still believe in his potential. I think when they make him be more aggressive going inside, and don’t force him to be only a 3 point shooter, he shines.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:30 am    Post subject:

Besides AD, rui is probably our best mid range scorer
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:41 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Team really needs to get more looks and shots for him. I’d much rather he take more shots than Beasley and Walker bricking everything like Jack asses.

Rui is a fine player. And I still believe in his potential. I think when they make him be more aggressive going inside, and don’t force him to be only a 3 point shooter, he shines.

Going to be hard, everytime he's subbed in - either ballhog Lonnie or Dennis on the court.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Going to be hard, everytime he's subbed in - either ballhog Lonnie or Dennis on the court.

I honestly think it's a combination of: [1.] Lacking any guards with good court vision available, outside of Reaves. Dennis and Lonnie are scoring guards, with tunnel vision. [2.] Ham and coaching staff not doing enough to integrate Rui into the offense, by running set/plays/actions getting him to operating spots in the low/mid/high post. [3.] Rui showing a lack of assertiveness the few times he actually touches the ball, due to not having a defined role with the team, which stems from the previous reason.

As Megaton said, there are times when this team goes on scoring droughts, because we look to Beasley/Lonnie/Dennis for volume jump shots on offense. Unless they're hot...which is usually not the case...that's an extremely flawed offensive approach. It would be the height of simplicity to run some actions to establish Rui on the post, then let him go to work... Run him off some screens, or some curl action, to get him an open look from mid range...

That sounds much better to me than constantly watching our guards (excluding Reaves) pound the ball on offense, as the offense stagnates into a jump shooting contest.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject:

Need consistent effort like yesterday
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I honestly think it's a combination of: [1.] Lacking any guards with good court vision available, outside of Reaves. Dennis and Lonnie are scoring guards, with tunnel vision. [2.] Ham and coaching staff not doing enough to integrate Rui into the offense, by running set/plays/actions getting him to operating spots in the low/mid/high post. [3.] Rui showing a lack of assertiveness the few times he actually touches the ball, due to not having a defined role with the team, which stems from the previous reason.

As Megaton said, there are times when this team goes on scoring droughts, because we look to Beasley/Lonnie/Dennis for volume jump shots on offense. Unless they're hot...which is usually not the case...that's an extremely flawed offensive approach. It would be the height of simplicity to run some actions to establish Rui on the post, then let him go to work... Run him off some screens, or some curl action, to get him an open look from mid range...

That sounds much better to me than constantly watching our guards (excluding Reaves) pound the ball on offense, as the offense stagnates into a jump shooting contest.

Rui ain’t exactly a player with a playmaker vision either. But his midrange is something that we should utilize . Nonetheless, Rui need to step up his game defensively and he can start by playing all out each time he’s out there.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Another excellent energy game with some much-needed offense.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject:

He could be so much better if he was just more aggressive. He is so under control and patient, but if he posted up more aggressively or looked for his shot more this guy could be a force.

Continue to think he will be hugely valuable in the playoffs. Ham should really play him even more when we go up against these teams with bigger wings.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Came up big.
I know he probably wants a bigger role, but he's been good for us in this current one.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

In the press conference Austin was very complimentary about Rui's skillset and gave him props for being so quick at finding his places on a new team..
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Rui just needs to grind.. bring big energy on the board.. running the floor.. and playing D.. and taking his shot when it's there.

There's not enough time to really develop stuff for him this season.. but.. much like Dlo.. I'd love to see what this team looks like with a full offseason together.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject:

he played like a poor man's kawhi tonight
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I hope this is a sign that he is finding his fit and role with the team. He knows when to attack now.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Rui’s mid-range jump shot is supposedly only behind Kevin Durant in terms of percentage wise, but he also doesn’t take as many.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

SGSD32 wrote:
Rui just needs to grind.. bring big energy on the board.. running the floor.. and playing D.. and taking his shot when it's there.

There's not enough time to really develop stuff for him this season.. but.. much like Dlo.. I'd love to see what this team looks like with a full offseason together.

That's the thing. It's not that hard to get Rui looks. Nor, should it be overly complicated. Get him the ball anywhere from the low post, to the high post, and let him cook. He can flash to his spot, duck in, dive in, come off picks or screens. All those are simple actions, that don't require rocket science to execute.

Things do get crowded in the paint, when Rui shares the floor with AD. So, if I was Ham, I would try to stagger AD and Rui, so that the Lakers always have a post threat, and don't have to rely solely on perimeter initiated offense.

Been saying for the longest that Rui needed more touches. Untapped potential.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject:

You can tell Uncle Phils been spending time with him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Rui’s mid-range jump shot is supposedly only behind Kevin Durant in terms of percentage wise, but he also doesn’t take as many.

Rui has a good mid-range shot but I don't believe his percentage is that high. He might be in the top 30 to 40 in the league in mid-range shooting percentage, though.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject:

Like the improved aggression. Also helps that Walker is out of the rotation again.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject:

Rui can be very special if he realizes his true potential.

Dudes mid range is butter. And yeah, as said before and I’ll say it again, team needs to work on getting him more looks/touches. He can really cook over his defenders when needed.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:08 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Rui has a good mid-range shot but I don't believe his percentage is that high. He might be in the top 30 to 40 in the league in mid-range shooting percentage, though.

Dude feels automatic from mid range - Kawhi, Kobe, MJ and Garnett-esque
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:28 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

He shoots 50% from midrange. Durant is shooting 57%. At the time of the trade, he was second only to Durant who was shooting like low 50s.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:30 am    Post subject:

If Rui get a comfort level in the offense his mid-range shot can be a big weapon.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
If Rui get a comfort level in the offense his mid-range shot can be a big weapon.

Rui mid range shots has already been pretty nice

It is aggressiveness if he can maintain that for 4 qtrswe might actually have something
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 am    Post subject:

His mid range is smooooooth
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:38 am    Post subject:

When I was comparing him to Kawhi this is what I was talking about. They look similar but he is def not as good I stated that.

But his mid range is as flat as a line just like Kawhi. Their fade away very mechanic and don't need much lift due to their physicality.

He is a special project. Just imagine 3 years playing vs AD in practice and Vando................................................................................................................................................................

Lets not get desperate here. This kid is YOUNG.

if he averaged 16 ppg instead of 12 would you like him more?

Think about it, the only thing stopping him from that is deciding he wants to do it. No 1 even bother his shots. He can get it off whenever he wants.

And like Vogel did with Kuzma he is being assigned to be a utility player instead of a scorer and its helping him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 42 of 93
Jump to: