Pat Riley Reveals His Pick For NBA's Greatest Player Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

When it comes to the GOAT topic, or who are the all-time greats, I see a lot of 20-somethings commenting. It's ok, they can have an opinion, but let me put that into perspective...if you're say, 27, that means you were born in 1996. That means you never saw Magic or Bird play at all. When MJ won his 6th title you were 2. When Kobe won his 3-peat you were 7, so you don't remember half of Kobe's career, if not more. You never saw Hakeem or Kareem play. I get it, this is the internet era and everybody thinks they're geniuses on every single topic, but watching YouTube highlights is not the same as following a guy through entire seasons. So for me, if you're not at least 40-45 years old then I'm not really taking your list serious.

Last edited by kwase on Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Give me Kareem all day. Guy was underrated defensively. If they counted blocks his entire career he'd still have the record. We'd be talking about the block record as the most untouchable one if his first 4 years were anything like his 5-12 years.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
When it comes to the GOAT topic, or who are the all-time greats, I see a lot of 20-somethings commenting. It's ok, they can have an opinion, but let me put that into perspective...if you're say, 27, that means you were born in 1996. That means you never saw Magic or Bird play at all. When MJ won his 6th title you were 2. When Kobe won his 3-peat you were 7, so you don't remember half of Kobe's career, if not more. You never saw Hakeem or Kareem play. I get it, this is the internet era and everybody thinks they're geniuses on every single topic, but watching YouTube highlights is not the same as following a guy through entire seasons. So for me, if you're not at least 40-45 years old then I'm not really taking your list serious.

Parents play a role. My son who saw Kobe in his final years will tell you Kobe is the goat and KAJ is next.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

So that means you'll take the view of a 64 year old? If so, count me in the KAJ as the greatest. I saw Wilt on the tail in of his career, but I saw Kareem almost right out of UCLA. I saw Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron all in their primes.

Kareem, for me, was always the best. The man was 7'1 of grace, athleticism, and skill. Btw, LeBron would have absolutely no chance at the scoring record if Kareem hadn't played three years of college.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Do y'all scream Magic or MJ or Bron or Kareem when your trash swish the garbage bin? Exactly

The truth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: