Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject:

Why did we let Jay Huff go?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Because with the Lakers draft pick, we are going to select my boy Zach Eddey in the draft!
Pullin' 3's
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)

The “I don’t care what his contract says, he’s gotta go”:
- Darvin Ham (Fire him and bring an actual coach this time.)

Like Who???
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)

Pullin' 3's wrote:

Like Who???

You. I’m sure you can do better.

I believe in you!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

He wasn’t ours, he only played on our G League team and was basically a FA that got signed.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)

Pullin' 3's wrote:

Like Who???

I’m not advocating for firing Ham because I don’t like rotating players or coaches too soon but…for those that do…Udoka would be the obvious choice having taken a team to the finals.

I’d rather see if Ham can improve. He got out coached significantly in the Toronto win…fortunately Dlo went hero mode with Reeves as a good sidekick to make up for it.

Even though it looked spectacular the way Dlo/Reeves closed they were out played by their much bigger opponents (32pts/31pts) and Toronto was able to shut down AD. Hams adjustment was to bench AD instead of finding a scheme to thwart the scheme. At least he pivoted away from focusing on AD so kudos for that. Schro outplayed FVV and that was a major factor with Rui/Vande stepping up to counter Poetl/Siakim to to make up the difference.

SG Barnes 6’7”…13 for 19; 31/9/7
SF OG 6’9”…12 for 14; 32/2/1, 4 of 6 from 3

SG Dlo 6’4”…10 for 17; 28/5/9
SF Reeves 6’5”; 6 for 10; 18/2/6

The Raptors got what they wanted from the game plan…high efficiency offense with their SG/SF scoring 30+ points each shooting over the much shorter Lakers and almost completely shutting down AD. Fortunately we got the win in spite of their superior game plan.

Winning regular season games with hero ball is fun to watch but it’s going to take mostly superior games plans to get want we want…a championship. Need Ham to step up his game plans for that to happen.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Pullin' 3's wrote:

Like Who???

I’m not advocating for firing Ham because I don’t like rotating players or coaches too soon but…for those that do…Udoka would be the obvious choice having taken a team to the finals.

I’d rather see if Ham can improve. He got out coached significantly in the Toronto win…fortunately Dlo went hero mode with Reeves as a good sidekick to make up for it.

Even though it looked spectacular the way Dlo/Reeves closed they were out played by their much bigger opponents (32pts/31pts) and Toronto was able to shut down AD. Hams adjustment was to bench AD instead of finding a scheme to thwart the scheme. At least he pivoted away from focusing on AD so kudos for that. Schro/Rui/Vande stepped up to out play their counterparts to to make up the difference.

SG Barnes 6’7”…13 for 19; 31/9/7
SF OG 6’9”…12 for 14; 32/2/1, 4 of 6 from 3

SG Dlo 6’4”…10 for 17; 28/5/9
SF Reeves 6’5”; 6 for 10; 18/2/6

The Raptors got what they wanted from the game plan…high efficiency offense with their SG/SF scoring 30+ points each shooting over the much shorter Lakers and almost completely shutting down AD. Fortunately we got the win in spite of their superior game plan.

Winning regular season games with hero ball is fun to watch but it’s going to take mostly superior games plans to get want we want…a championship. Need Ham to step up his game plans for that to happen.

It doesnt hurt when both OG and the other guy shot 25/33 and 5/10 from 3 for the game.

Not sure when that will happen again.

Shots falling make coaches look great.

Plus AD told Ham to leave WG in for extended run.

Lakers just beat two of the top defensive teams in the league b2b...without Bron and only 1 with DLo...that's fantastic.

Bron would have destroyed what Nurse was doing.

#BannersOverBillboards
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DLo
4. Reaves
5. Vanderbilt
6. Beasley
7. Schroder
8. Rui
9. Brown
10. Bamba
11. Gabriel
12. Christie
13. 2023 1st
14. 2023 2nd

Not much space for any outside signings if everybody is brought back. Not that I would complain. I love the roster as is & it’s a very weak free agency crop.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:55 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DLo
4. Reaves
5. Vanderbilt
6. Beasley
7. Schroder
8. Rui
9. Brown
10. Bamba
11. Gabriel
12. Christie
13. 2023 1st
14. 2023 2nd

Not much space for any outside signings if everybody is brought back. Not that I would complain. I love the roster as is & it’s a very weak free agency crop.

If we can draft a F/C then we can let Gabriel go
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject:

I'm so thrilled at the *options* the Lakers have for next season.

I'm ambivalent about paying Mo 10 million... I don't think he's worth it and hope they can renegotiate with him.. but, they control him and that's important.

Gotta sign Rui, imo.

Gotta keep one of Brown and Schro. Should be able to do that fairly easily.

Obviously.. got to keep Reaves and Russell.

For stability.. it'd be nice to keep Wenyen.

I feel like it's most likely they keep Schro over Brown.. I think he'll be more affordable.. and I think they can build an avatar of Brown with Christie and a min Vet.

Add to this the first rounder.. the flexibility to make trades... Next year's roster should be at least as good as this one.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DLo
4. Reaves
5. Vanderbilt
6. Beasley
7. Schroder
8. Rui
9. Brown
10. Bamba
11. Gabriel
12. Christie
13. 2023 1st
14. 2023 2nd

Zach Eddy gonna be our pick. Book it.

Dude just had 30 pts and 13 boards for Purdue’s win and clincher as 1st seed in March Madness.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DLo (extension)
4. Reaves (resigned)
5. Vanderbilt (TO exercised)
6. Beasley (TO exercised)
7. Schroder (resigned with TPMLE)
8. Rui (resigned or S&T)
9. Brown (20% raise)
10. Bamba (let go due to tax)
11. Gabriel (resigned for one year)
12. Christie
13. 2023 1st
14. 2023 2nd
15. Walker (could get 20% raise but let go due to finance)

Beasley is so streaky but the team has no tool to sign a better shooter. Must via trade. Maybe package him and Hachimura.

Brown and Gabriel are expendable. I say resign them because (1) minimum contract does not get you someone better (2) preserve their bird rights (3) they are cheap.

Bamba has shown least so far. 10 million plus tax are too much for the team's taste. Same with Walker.

I don't think the team keeps so many (11) though. Comparing to last summer, at least the team has options.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers will have maximum roster flexibility.. moving forward.. by keeping everyone they can from this roster.

Think of the options packaging some combination of Bamba, Beasley, Rui, Vando and maybe even Dlo along with draft picks could get you.

You don't mess around again, like you did the last two years.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject:

All in on trading AD. I would take 75% from another player of AD's best on a consistent level than the highs and lows that AD gives (not to mention games off). You could easily get someone to bite on AD for good assets. Better to do it now than when it won't be possible.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
All in on trading AD. I would take 75% from another player of AD's best on a consistent level than the highs and lows that AD gives (not to mention games off). You could easily get someone to bite on AD for good assets. Better to do it now than when it won't be possible.

Ad for who? If we trade AD, what to do with Legramps?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

And who replaces AD’s defensive anchor production?

Such stupid posts without thinking. AD struggles at times on offense, but almost no one in the league can replicate his consistent DPOY production while also being capable of giving you those 30+ point games.

Without him, our defense is gone unless you replaced him with someone like Giannis or Embiid. Just stupid to even suggest unless there is actual logic behind it.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

Such stupid posts without thinking. AD struggles at times on offense, but almost no one in the league can replicate his consistent DPOY production while also being capable of giving you those 30+ point games.

Without him, our defense is gone unless you replaced him with someone like Giannis or Embiid. Just stupid to even suggest unless there is actual logic behind it.

LOL, there's plenty of thought. Whatever AD may do in terms of defense and offense when he's on, is NOT translatable to consistent wins over the course of the season (because he's never ON regularly). Because of this, we are far better served by consistent players, whoever that may be, than what he does. I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives to trade for (and hey, it doesn't have to be one player only) that could help us into consistent play AND decent playoff positioning that AD has proven to not be able to deliver on. Stop hitching your wagon to one player. AD got us one chip, great, but he hasn't proved anything since (and it isn't all on him, injuries are what they are) and thus it's time to move on while the value is there.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

I don't even consider Legramps a factor anymore. I'm done with him and accept that whatever happens, happens with him on this team.

Lakers made that bed and now they're sleeping in it. But in no way does that mean hitching him next to a player who also cannot stay on the floor consistently and has obvious issue maintaining consistent play even when on the floor. People act like AD is untouchable here and we've already seen that mistake with LeBron. So we're just gonna repeat it?

Come on now.

I don't have much trust at all in this org as constructed (team, coaches or management) but that doesn't mean we just keep accepting being mediocre.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

We could have traded AD for Turner and Hield.

Then you have even more shooting and still have a defensive anchor.

Use the money from Beasley to get another defensive wing.

We can also draft a good wing this year.

AD is fantastic but he's replaceable.

The only way he's not replaceable is if he stops missing half the season... and at this point it's getting harder to imagine.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

LOL, there's plenty of thought. Whatever AD may do in terms of defense and offense when he's on, is NOT translatable to consistent wins over the course of the season (because he's never ON regularly). Because of this, we are far better served by consistent players, whoever that may be, than what he does. I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives to trade for (and hey, it doesn't have to be one player only) that could help us into consistent play AND decent playoff positioning that AD has proven to not be able to deliver on. Stop hitching your wagon to one player. AD got us one chip, great, but he hasn't proved anything since (and it isn't all on him, injuries are what they are) and thus it's time to move on while the value is there.

Again, for who? At least give some names, otherwise your post is completely invalid.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

….ok this is the biggest joke of a post I have seen all year (and that’s saying something), but at least YOU gave a couple of names, even though this is completely laughable. So props.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

….ok this is the biggest joke of a post I have seen all year (and that’s saying something), but at least YOU gave a couple of names, even though this is completely laughable. So props.

I said if AD stays healthy, no one is better other than Giannis, Jokic, or Embiid but AD is never healthy

AD vs. Turner

If you add Hield to that and maybe another defender, it seems like the combined production would be just as effective as a player who either isn't available or doesn't show up half the time.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

Again, for who? At least give some names, otherwise your post is completely invalid.

LOL, I don't care about names right now. I'm talking about getting rid of AD for something better, that in a league of 450 players, should not be that hard given production on court for an entire season and post season. You wanting names is just looking for a different argument other than the original topic, which I was addressing, Laker Keepers For Next Season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

LOL, I don't care about names right now.I'm talking about getting rid of AD for something better, that in a league of 450 players, should not be that hard given production on court for an entire season and post season. You wanting names is just looking for a different argument other than the original topic, which I was addressing, Laker Keepers For Next Season.

That’s what I thought. Don’t care about the rest about your posts since they are useless in a hypothetical of “trading AD”. You can’t even think of one idea. Not one.

At least another poster thought of an idea. It was terrible, but better then you.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

Fine by me.

Megaton wrote:
Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sojo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
defense wrote:
Sojo wrote:

LOL, I don't care about names right now.I'm talking about getting rid of AD for something better, that in a league of 450 players, should not be that hard given production on court for an entire season and post season. You wanting names is just looking for a different argument other than the original topic, which I was addressing, Laker Keepers For Next Season.

That’s what I thought. Don’t care about the rest about your posts since they are useless in a hypothetical of “trading AD”. You can’t even think of one idea. Not one.

At least another poster thought of an idea. It was terrible, but better then you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: