Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject:

I've moved from "can't trade AD" to "I'm open to exploring offers for him."

I'm not saying he MUST be traded, but I would certainly listen to offers for him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've moved from "can't trade AD" to "I'm open to exploring offers for him."

I'm not saying he MUST be traded, but I would certainly listen to offers for him.

I’ll definitely update the thread after a couple more games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

Sadly, this team has a lot of low-energy players on its current starting lineup. DLO/Beas/Troy/AD rev their motors pretty slowly.

Not a coincidence that it took Reaves/Dennis/Wenyen to raise that energy level and get the team competing again. Those are 3 current minimum salaried players doing this. SMH.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sadly, this team has a lot of low-energy players on its current starting lineup. DLO/Beas/Troy/AD rev their motors pretty slowly.

Not a coincidence that it took Reaves/Dennis/Wenyen to raise that energy level and get the team competing again. Those are 3 current minimum salaried players doing this. SMH.

I disagree with DLO, Troy and Beas having a low motor. DLO can be careless at times, but he’s just very calm. Beas doesn’t play low motor, he just doesn’t know what a good shot is…nor does he have much of a jumper either. And Troy makes idiotic fouls.

Dennis is likely gone because of no bird rights anyway.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject:

reaves
vandy
rui
brown
ds
Wenyen
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject:

i'd keep everyone... but we know lonnie is gonna walk. and schro is finally gonna get a bag somewhere else. i guess pickup the option on beasely. he's still a trade asset. and at some point, he'll start connecting.

gotta give austin the bag. and i think he should be starting. the only thing that keeps him as the 6th man is Ham probably thinks having 3 ball handlers in the starting line up compromises the bench. and he would have a point.

give DLo the bag too. he deserves it and he's totally "Hollywood"!

vando is under contract
troy should be able to be kept on a reasonable contract
rui should be reasonable with a new contract

gotta limit bron throughout next. he can still "get it", but father time is catching up. he's still lethal though.

AD - Ham needs to punch him in the face every time he starts "loafing around".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
reaves
vandy
rui
brown
ds
Wenyen

Lakers traded a 2027 FRP for what exactly? No way they just let DLO walk for nothing.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
reaves
vandy
rui
brown
ds
Wenyen

Lakers traded a 2027 FRP for what exactly? No way they just let DLO walk for nothing.

Its keepers. they could certainly S&T but these are just the guys I am all in on. Dlo back at a nice price would be fine.

Plus early on there was talk (IIRC) that we were going to have to give up 2frps just to get rid of guys who didn't fit. So on that, we made out better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
reaves
vandy
rui
brown
ds
Wenyen

Its keepers. they could certainly S&T but these are just the guys I am all in on. Dlo back at a nice price would be fine.

Not bringing him back or utilizing his salary in a trade would be malpractice. Basically means a 2027 FRP for Vando, nah.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject:

My keepers, in terms of potential FAs:

Must bring back:
-Reaves
-DLO
-Vando
-Wenyen

Should consider bringing back:
-Rui
-Mo (AD's injury history means we need a backup center)

Not sure we can bring back:
-Troy/Dennis: Lakers would have to pick one or the other with their MLE. Or they may not pick either.
-Beas at 16.5m is an overpay. Maybe they bring him back for salary ballast, or re-negotiate a more appropriate salary.

Not coming back:
-Lonnie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My keepers, in terms of potential FAs:

Must bring back:
-Reaves
-DLO
-Vando
-Wenyen

Should consider bringing back:
-Rui
-Mo (AD's injury history means we need a backup center)

Not sure we can bring back:
-Troy/Dennis: Lakers would have to pick one or the other with their MLE. Or they may not pick either.
-Beas at 16.5m is an overpay. Maybe they bring him back for salary ballast, or re-negotiate a more appropriate salary.

Not coming back:
-Lonnie

Nailed it. Although I think it would be foolish not to bring back Mo and Rui. At worst, they're role players who you can use as trade ballast/bait. At best, they're big time contributors that we have at fair values.

I would love to see both Dennis and Brown back but they seemed out of our price range unless we start splitting up MLE. Personally, I'd rather use MLE on the best player in can bring back.. Brook Lopez being the dream.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I certainly hope we can find a way to bring most of these guys back. If we had this team from the beginning of the season, and with on and off injuries to LBJ and AD, we would be in the top 8 for sure.

This is such a likeable group of guys compared to what we had the past season and a half.

I'm ok with Beasley and LW4 walking if it means keeping the rest of the squad together.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject:

The players to keep are the players we play at the end of games (Reeves, Schroder, DLO, Vando, AD). Those are our best players and the ones we can count on. After those players we might keep a couple others because of their youth and potential (RUI, Bamba, Troy, Wenyen). I’d keep all of those players if possible (might not be).

Beasley is not showing us enough, even though I think he is a decent player. I could see us keeping him as a future trade asset and/or to give him another season to fit in better because I hate to lose him for nothing. However, if we need to lose him to be able to keep more/all of the above players then I would let him walk.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject:

Russell
Reaves
James
Vanderbilt
Davis

Christie
Brown
Hachimura
Gabriel
Bamba

Walker walks imo. Beasley I think they keep but don't really care if they don't. Schröder leaves too imo, unless he takes the minimum. Davon Reed I think they let go.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:47 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Russell
Reaves
James
Vanderbilt
Davis

Christie
Brown
Hachimura
Gabriel
Bamba

Walker walks imo. Beasley I think they keep but don't really care if they don't. Schröder leaves too imo, unless he takes the minimum. Davon Reed I think they let go.

Respectfully, that's just not a good enough bench. Keep in mind that we will be without AD and LBJ for some games too, which only weakens the bench as we slide Rui or Bamba into the starting lineup.

We have to keep DS, especially if Reaves is moving into the starting lineup.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Russell
Reaves
James
Vanderbilt
Davis

Christie
Brown
Hachimura
Gabriel
Bamba

Respectfully, that's just not a good enough bench. Keep in mind that we will be without AD and LBJ for some games too, which only weakens the bench as we slide Rui or Bamba into the starting lineup.

I don't think he takes the minimum again though, we will see. But a point guard is needed, maybe they find someone else

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:58 am    Post subject:

Ideally we keep everyone if the price is right. This is a good collection of guys. Walker would be the only exception for me.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Russell
Reaves
James
Vanderbilt
Davis

Christie
Brown
Hachimura
Gabriel
Bamba

I don't think he takes the minimum again though, we will see. But a point guard is needed, maybe they find someone else

He's earned more than the minimum, however I believe we can get him for the mMLE. He now knows that the grass is not greener on the other side, and I believe he truly enjoys playing with LBJ and this group. If we offer him the mMLE, I think he stays.

Hoping TBJ and Wenyen would stay for the minimum.

Last edited by Killer_Z on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 am    Post subject:

We cannot keep DS unless he takes the TMLB
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

If we let Beasley walk, would that help us retain DS and TBJ? I honestly think they are important going forward.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
If we let Beasley walk, would that help us retain DS and TBJ? I honestly think they are important going forward.

Nope it does not. Lakers after prioritizing Reaves, DLO and Rui, would have nothing to offer Schroder and TBJ without bird rights.

Losing TBJ isn’t much of a loss because we have Max Christie coming up. Schroder is a little more tricky as a nice backup point guard to have behind the bench, but Lakers have two draft picks to fill out these holes as well. Perhaps we see the Lakers draft a Schroder replacement as well as a much needed Center?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

reaves
vandy
brown
Rui
Wenyen
Dlo (at 15-20per)

Trade AD for Mobley + or Scottie Barnes +
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Nope it does not. Lakers after prioritizing Reaves, DLO and Rui, would have nothing to offer Schroder and TBJ without bird rights.

Losing TBJ isn’t much of a loss because we have Max Christie coming up. Schroder is a little more tricky as a nice backup point guard to have behind the bench, but Lakers have two draft picks to fill out these holes as well. Perhaps we see the Lakers draft a Schroder replacement as well as a much needed Center?

I would hate to lose them (especially DS). DS gives us good perimeter D, can break down a D, and is our only other PG besides DLO. I love that TBJ gives us D and can occasionally hit the 3 (he may be our most consistent guy from out there). I think many are sleeping on how important they are.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
We cannot keep DS unless he takes the TMLB

I hope that will be his market so that we can keep him. 2021 playoffs really tanked his value. He got 3.9 M deal in 2021-22 and 2.6 M vet min in 2022-23 since. I feel his current value would be something close to what Lonnie is getting (6.5 M).
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I would hate to lose them (especially DS). DS gives us good perimeter D, can break down a D, and is our only other PG besides DLO. I love that TBJ gives us D and can occasionally hit the 3 (he may be our most consistent guy from out there). I think many are sleeping on how important they are.

TBJ is not exactly irreplaceable. We have a lot of depth at the guard position already, and when Christie comes up, there wouldn’t be much playing time for TBJ anyway. And Christie is already a good defender at his age as well as an improving shooter/scorer. So again, TBJ is expendable after this season.

I mostly agree with Schroder but again, it’s just not gonna happen because there is no money for him. So I’m not exactly sure what you’re looking here. Unless you want DLO gone in favor of Schroder?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: