Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
If we let Beasley walk, would that help us retain DS and TBJ? I honestly think they are important going forward.

Nope it does not. Lakers after prioritizing Reaves, DLO and Rui, would have nothing to offer Schroder and TBJ without bird rights.

Losing TBJ isn’t much of a loss because we have Max Christie coming up. Schroder is a little more tricky as a nice backup point guard to have behind the bench, but Lakers have two draft picks to fill out these holes as well. Perhaps we see the Lakers draft a Schroder replacement as well as a much needed Center?

I would hate to lose them (especially DS). DS gives us good perimeter D, can break down a D, and is our only other PG besides DLO. I love that TBJ gives us D and can occasionally hit the 3 (he may be our most consistent guy from out there). I think many are sleeping on how important they are.

Reaves can PG better than DS can PG. 11 assists, can feed AD, can collapse a defense, I think it was DS on the court when AD was matched up with Chris Paul under the bucket and he was screaming for it. I wouldn't mind him leaving at the end of the season, he wants too much for what he provides.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
If we let Beasley walk, would that help us retain DS and TBJ? I honestly think they are important going forward.

Nope it does not. Lakers after prioritizing Reaves, DLO and Rui, would have nothing to offer Schroder and TBJ without bird rights.

Losing TBJ isn’t much of a loss because we have Max Christie coming up. Schroder is a little more tricky as a nice backup point guard to have behind the bench, but Lakers have two draft picks to fill out these holes as well. Perhaps we see the Lakers draft a Schroder replacement as well as a much needed Center?

I would hate to lose them (especially DS). DS gives us good perimeter D, can break down a D, and is our only other PG besides DLO. I love that TBJ gives us D and can occasionally hit the 3 (he may be our most consistent guy from out there). I think many are sleeping on how important they are.

TBJ is not exactly irreplaceable. We have a lot of depth at the guard position already, and when Christie comes up, there wouldn’t be much playing time for TBJ anyway. And Christie is already a good defender at his age as well as an improving shooter/scorer. So again, TBJ is expendable after this season.

I mostly agree with Schroder but again, it’s just not gonna happen because there is no money for him. So I’m not exactly sure what you’re looking here. Unless you want DLO gone in favor of Schroder?

I’m not a capologist, but can we not give:

- DLO and Reaves decent paydays
- Rui his QO
- DS the TMLE
- TBJ the LLE
- Wenyen the vet min

or does that not work?

Also, if we’re going to be over the cap, would we not want to exercise Beasley’s team option, so we at least maintain that asset? Or is that not possible?

Really not sure how this all works, so any input from the cap knowledgeable would be welcome.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject:

DLO/Reaves/Schro/RUI/Gabriel will all be brought back.

Beasley/Mamba/TBJ will come down on how much they are willing to resign for.

Walker/Reed - Are most likely gone... Walker might be brought back if we lose Beasley/TBJ.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Walker/Reed - Are most likely gone... Walker might be brought back if we lose Beasley/TBJ.

Disagree….with Bamba they’ll pick up his option since AD will have surgery in the off season and who knows when he will be in ready…maybe limited in October. Beasley they’ll probably resign if he’s willing 3 years $30 million…otherwise they may pick up his option and trade him. TBJ will have to agree to a 3 year $9 million deal. IMO.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Disagree….with Bamba they’ll pick up his option since AD will have surgery in the off season and who knows when he will be in ready…maybe limited in October. Beasley they’ll probably resign if he’s willing 3 years $30 million…otherwise they may pick up his option and trade him. TBJ will have to agree to a 3 year $9 million deal. IMO.

Those 3 guys plus Rui will have to take some pay cut for the Lakers to stay under... It will be hard to bring most of those guys back. Reaves just got a signicant raise. More than the $10m projections a few weeks ago. I'll be really surprise if they pick up Bamba's option at $10m. Specially if they can sign a back up C for the vet minimum. TBJ don't have to agree to anything. I can see a couple teams offering him mle.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Those 3 guys plus Rui will have to take some pay cut for the Lakers to stay under... It will be hard to bring most of those guys back. Reaves just got a signicant raise. More than the $10m projections a few weeks ago. I'll be really surprise if they pick up Bamba's option at $10m. Specially if they can sign a back up C for the vet minimum. TBJ don't have to agree to anything. I can see a couple teams offering him mle.

No way you can win with no AD or limited AD and a vet minimum at center. Also Rob has been trying to get Bamba for over a year. I think we’re making too much of being under…Rob really calculated these moves. I see there’s more of a chance Rui, Beaz and TBJ leave before Bamba. You need some type of interior defense to win….Vando, Gabriel and a vet minimum won’t cut it at all in the middle.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I think it only helps in terms of reducing our tax hit from keeping everyone else that we can. This could be a reason to let Beasley walk.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I think it only helps in terms of reducing our tax hit from keeping everyone else that we can. This could be a reason to let Beasley walk.

I see Beasley getting traded more so than the team letting him walk. His expiring at that point would be great trade bait.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

No way you can win with no AD or limited AD and a vet minimum at center. Also Rob has been trying to get Bamba for over a year. I think we’re making too much of being under…Rob really calculated these moves. I see there’s more of a chance Rui, Beaz and TBJ leave before Bamba. You need some type of interior defense to win….Vando, Gabriel and a vet minimum won’t cut it at all in the middle.

They will try to bring Bamba back on a longer smaller deal per year. 3yrs/$18m range. I just don't see the Lakers guaranteeing his $10m salary at this point. He is not worth that. Rui most likely stays, that they gave up 3 2nd round picks for. But I see the Lakers letting him walk if some team offers him more than $13m per year.

Cost cutting will come from Beasley/Bamba/TBJ... Possibly DLO/Rui's contracts.

Rob have an idea what to offer those guys. But I won't be surprise if Beasley/TBJ are gone because they can't come on a contract agreement.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

They will try to bring Bamba back on a longer smaller deal per year. 3yrs/$18m range. I just don't see the Lakers guaranteeing his $10m salary at this point. He is not worth that. Rui most likely stays, that they gave up 3 2nd round picks for. But I see the Lakers letting him walk if some team offers him more than $13m per year.

Cost cutting will come from Beasley/Bamba/TBJ... Possibly DLO/Rui's contracts.

Rob have an idea what to offer those guys. But I won't be surprise if Beasley/TBJ are gone because they can't come on a contract agreement.

All valid points. I’m just not sold they’re really concerned with the tax. They wanted to get younger and build some stability and I think they did that with the trades. We’ll see.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

If they weren't being squeezed financially, I could maybe see them opting into Mo's $10 million; it's still quite a bit for a backup center that can theoretically be played off the floor no matter his youth/potential.

I like him but he's not one of my top priorities. I'd offer him $6 million on a 1+1. Gives him $12 million guaranteed which is more than the $10 million we're declining. If another team offers him a 2-year tpMLE then I'd match but I think that's far as I'd go unless Jeannie somehow stops caring about money.

Last edited by gng930 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

DLO, Reaves, and Rui and to lesser extent Mo and Beas will come down to money. It's unlikely we can keep both Schro and TBJ. I'm still leaning towards the latter. I think we have enough PG ability between Bron/DLO/Reaves where we need less Schro, who resembles a prototypical PG the least anyway. Emergency ball-handlers are generally easier pick-ups later on when the dust settles. I trust Max can be that water-bug defender but I'm not convinced yet that he can defend bigger players the way TBJ can. The final straw is that TBJ is simply a better 3-point shooter than Dennis.

That said, Dennis has also been huge for us this season, showing a lot of grit and redeeming himself IMO. If they end up opting for him over TBJ I wouldn't give anybody much grief.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

AD
Lebron
DLo
AR
Troy
Mo
Dennis
Vando
Rui
Gabriel
Max
Rob
Jeanie
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: