Welcome MALIK BEASLEY to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject:

What is Max Christie's NBA 3pt %%
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, the law of averages for him is that he will be a 35% 3 point shooter, which is typically the average 3 point % in the NBA. On such high volume, need better than his average.

He's a 37.8% on his career. And after being a poor shooter at 20 and 21 he's shot:

40.2%
38.8%
39.9%
37.7%
35.3% (this season)

He hasn't shot the ball well this year. But he has been a good shooter over the course of his career.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, the law of averages for him is that he will be a 35% 3 point shooter, which is typically the average 3 point % in the NBA. On such high volume, need better than his average.

He's a 37.8% on his career. And after being a poor shooter at 20 and 21 he's shot:

40.2%
38.8%
39.9%
37.7%
35.3% (this season)

He hasn't shot the ball well this year. But he has been a good shooter over the course of his career.

we just have to hope he figures it out soon and i believe he will. shooters come to the Lakers and die, and i had high hopes of him breaking that trend. if it doesn't work out, we decline his option. however, we have to play him this season.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

40.2%
38.8%
39.9%
37.7%
35.3% (this season)

What's concerning for me is not his three point shooting but every other aspect of his game.

He doesn't make good decisions and doesn't do much on defense.

He had that one season in Denver where he was almost a 50/40/90 player at a very young age and now he's down to 37% from two with us.

I think that's how he got 4 years 60 million on the hopes of repeating that season like Schroder almost got 84 million based on that season he had with OKC.

But at some point you have to realize that maybe he's not the 50/40/90 guy.

I mean maybe Reaves will never get these 50/40/90 type statistics ever again but at least he works hard on defense and makes really good passes most of the time.

If you saw that intelligence in Beasley the cold shooting would be a lot more palatable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

40.2%
38.8%
39.9%
37.7%
35.3% (this season)

I don't like the downward trend though.

With Lakers (12 games) 32.6%
With Jazz (55 games) 36%.
With Wolves in 2021 37.7%.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
So, sub Beasley for Reaves?

Even when Beasley has been ice cold like now, it's just the threat of his shooting that I liked balance-wise in the starting lineup. Austin is definitely better than Beasley... but he's also really good with that 2nd unit, especially being a strong threat when the main guys sit. He's always an energizing force when he comes in, and I think there's value off the bench in that.

Man. If Lonnie Walker could just chill out a little bit, I'd almost like him with the starters instead, but he's been in ballhog mode in more recent games. Pretty stumped on this one. Every game is super important right now.

AR is good, but he's developing a bad habit of over dribbling.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
What is Max Christie's NBA 3pt %%

For Lakers / NBA career / 3-pointers percentage

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4432582/max-christie
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
this guy's a homeless man's kcp

Got a chuckle out of this. To be fair though, KCP played defense. Particularly after Vogel arrived. Once he, AC and Green got on the same page KCP was solid on both ends of the court, fantastic when it counted most.

that's why i said homeless man's
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't like the downward trend though.

With Lakers (12 games) 32.6%
With Jazz (55 games) 36%.
With Wolves in 2021 37.7%.

Yeah, and unfortunately often when players have bad shooting years, it often doesn't get corrected until the offseason. Danny Green for example had 4 straight seasons at over 41.5% from three. Then followed it with a 33%, 36% and 37% before leaping back to 45.5%, then down to 36.7% with the Lakers, and back up to 40.5% the next season. We saw Hield slide from a 42% shooting to 39% for two straight seasons then a 36.7% last year, before bouncing back up to 42.8% last season. So long term I wouldn't be too concerned, but short term they really need him to at least get back to 36-37%. Malik may not be in their long term plans.

In the case of his Lakers time, it seems mental. You could tell he is feeling the pressure of it, by how he reacted to a make in the first half of the last game before a timeout. He's certainly aware of it.

Malik has shot 5-23 (21.7%) in his last 4 games, which certainly brings his Laker averages way down. In his previous 7 games as a Laker though he shot 25/63 (39.7%). The game before that (his first as a Laker) he shot 0-6. My take is that he's a streaky shooter, who is in a 4 game slump right now, while in the midst of a down season in general. He is a better shooter than he's shown recently though.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject:

He might shoot himself out of the team if he continue to struggle and we continue to lose games. Odds still with him that he bounces back.

TBJ has also fallen off the cliff the last couple games.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
this guy's a homeless man's kcp

Got a chuckle out of this. To be fair though, KCP played defense. Particularly after Vogel arrived. Once he, AC and Green got on the same page KCP was solid on both ends of the court, fantastic when it counted most.

that's why i said homeless man's

Fair enough.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
So, sub Beasley for Reaves?

Even when Beasley has been ice cold like now, it's just the threat of his shooting that I liked balance-wise in the starting lineup. Austin is definitely better than Beasley... but he's also really good with that 2nd unit, especially being a strong threat when the main guys sit. He's always an energizing force when he comes in, and I think there's value off the bench in that.

Man. If Lonnie Walker could just chill out a little bit, I'd almost like him with the starters instead, but he's been in ballhog mode in more recent games. Pretty stumped on this one. Every game is super important right now.

AR is good, but he's developing a bad habit of over dribbling.

Ham has him out there as PG a lot as Dennis plays more like an SG himself. AR not surprisingly looks way better with DLO out there.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject:

He'll turn it around.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I’d prefer we start shroder and Dlo

Maybe bring Scottie pippen from the G-league to play backup Pg

Shroder/pippen
Dlo/ reaves
Maybe use the money we were gonna give Beasley to bring shroder back. Give Christie backup 3 minutes over brown since he may not be back either. Focus on next season!

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I get the feeling he doesn't understand the offensive schemes just yet and takes tough shots to compensate for it, simply because he's used to being a sharpshooter. It's not unexpected. As DLo said, they will be more lethal when they get a training camp under their belt. They've had to adjust and learn on the fly and the expectations are high. Just like Hachimura, it will be a process for Beasley.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I get the feeling he doesn't understand the offensive schemes just yet and takes tough shots to compensate for it, simply because he's used to being a sharpshooter. It's not unexpected. As DLo said, they will be more lethal when they get a training camp under their belt. They've had to adjust and learn on the fly. Like Hachimura, it will be a process for him.

Stu keeps tripping on how flat Ruis shot is I like his unique poise on shots.. something different about him.. I really hope he flourishes here.. Reaves is rubbing off on him - Crazy Country Boy living his dream - Reaves brother is also playing Germany iirc
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

If you didn't have to worry about the tax would you flip him for Hield this summer? And if so, what would you give up?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Finally, a good game for the Beast, just don’t be shocked if it’s followed up by 3 bad ones
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Way to come through tonight Beas!!!

Too good of a shooter to stop shooting.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Welcome MALIK BEASLEY, to the Lakers! So glad you could join us.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Told y'all, law of averages eventually kicks in. This guy has had months shooting in the 40's, he was due for that 7-8 three pointer game.

Hopefully he saves another one for that Mavs game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Told y'all, law of averages eventually kicks in. This guy has had months shooting in the 40's, he was due for that 7-8 three pointer game.

Well we need more of it tomorrow...
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

I get that you want credit but it's too soon to say I told you so. Let's hope he can get more consistent. Wait until the law of averages really kicks in after a few games to gloat...I hope that happens and you get to do it legitimately!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The threat is always there. Defense are much more spread with Dlo and Beasley on the court. Wait until Lebron is back and see how helpless defenses will be against us.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

He was on fire from three in the first half. Made just 1 three in the second half.

Let's NOT have that carry over to The Rockets game. I don't want him lighting up the Pelicans and then go 1-12 from three vs The Rockets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22
Jump to: