MO BAMBA to Philly (pg 37)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Photo Post

Mo Bamba going through on-court work pregame today.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1637607583455535105?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Hmm. Is he not close to coming back?
Why work out TT and Bradley?

Close? I thought he's at least 2 weeks away.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:
gng930 wrote:
tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Damn this sucks. Was most excited about mo’s trade that anyone else’s at the deadline actually. He’s probably done for the season

Excited about a career backup at best? To each his own.

lol

To be fair, the potential of Mo Bamba and his skillset is exciting. Of all our acquisitions, he is the farthest away from what we imagine to be his ceiling We all remember what having a rim-protector next to AD did for us 3 years ago and how much Marc Gasol opened up the lanes. And many drooled over the prospect of acquiring Turner. The idea of Mo Bamba at his best is a mish-mash of all of those. This season has been largely disappointing; nothing wrong with BBB's optimism.

Yeah, he's a near flawless fit for what we needed.. With him healthy, we don't lose 2-3 of the games we lost over the last couple of weeks imo. Not because he's some amazing player but he gives us an at least legitimate defensive threat in the middle and added spacing/lob threat on the offensive end. I sure as hell hope he comes back at some point because he makes us that much more versatile and allows us to match up to anyone in the NBA once Bron comes back. I love how hard Gabriel plays and tries but nobody is scared of him whatsoever defensively.

Flawless? Oh my.

Yeah, he can hit 3's, catch lobs and plays a solid disruptor role around the basket defensively while still being fairly young. We don't need much from that role but what he does well fits for what we need. Not sure why that's such a surprising statement?

It doesn't mean he's anywhere remotely close to a flawless player just a great fit for what we're missing.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject:

He really did.. I saw players STUCK stuck out near the 3pt line wanting to take it to the hole or run in and pass out etc but they were just staring at him and pacing... Just the Threat was enough for some players to pass on attacking him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:
gng930 wrote:
tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Damn this sucks. Was most excited about mo’s trade that anyone else’s at the deadline actually. He’s probably done for the season

Excited about a career backup at best? To each his own.

lol

To be fair, the potential of Mo Bamba and his skillset is exciting. Of all our acquisitions, he is the farthest away from what we imagine to be his ceiling We all remember what having a rim-protector next to AD did for us 3 years ago and how much Marc Gasol opened up the lanes. And many drooled over the prospect of acquiring Turner. The idea of Mo Bamba at his best is a mish-mash of all of those. This season has been largely disappointing; nothing wrong with BBB's optimism.

Yeah, he's a near flawless fit for what we needed.. With him healthy, we don't lose 2-3 of the games we lost over the last couple of weeks imo. Not because he's some amazing player but he gives us an at least legitimate defensive threat in the middle and added spacing/lob threat on the offensive end. I sure as hell hope he comes back at some point because he makes us that much more versatile and allows us to match up to anyone in the NBA once Bron comes back. I love how hard Gabriel plays and tries but nobody is scared of him whatsoever defensively.

Flawless? Oh my.

Yeah, he can hit 3's, catch lobs and plays a solid disruptor role around the basket defensively while still being fairly young. We don't need much from that role but what he does well fits for what we need. Not sure why that's such a surprising statement?

It doesn't mean he's anywhere remotely close to a flawless player just a great fit for what we're missing.

I get that the idea of Bamba is a fit but we haven’t seen that idea manifest itself on the court. He got little playing time on the lottery team and hadn’t got much run here before he got hurt.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject:

IMO one of the reasons TT or TB weren’t signed besides not impressing too much, is that Bamba maybe closer to coming back then we originally thought. And it didn’t make sense signing one of these two to a 10 day, if Bamba maybe back by then. At least I hope that’s the case.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

I hope Bamba is back soon as well.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject:

Get well faster
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/michaeljduarte/status/1642003204681641984
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://twitter.com/michaeljduarte/status/1642003204681641984

I think he was making goat sounds, not growling.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject:

NEED THIS GUY BACK.

Would give AD some rest the last couple games. They are obviously not signing anyone for the playoffs for some reason.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ICYMI - not back but making progress

Mo Bamba, who has been sidelined with a high ankle sprain for a month, has been upgraded from out to doubtful for tonight’s game in UTA according to the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1643343340979757056?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:22 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ICYMI - not back but making progress

Mo Bamba, who has been sidelined with a high ankle sprain for a month, has been upgraded from out to doubtful for tonight’s game in UTA according to the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1643343340979757056?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Good to hear he’s getting close.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
NEED THIS GUY BACK.

Would give AD some rest the last couple games. They are obviously not signing anyone for the playoffs for some reason.

Hopefully we get the same as Bron update. Doubtful to questionable to playing on the same date.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Need to see some fire and energy out of Mo when he plays. He isnt quite Elden Campbell-esque but watching this guy makes me feel we need some more intensity out of him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
textbook wrote:
NEED THIS GUY BACK.

Hopefully we get the same as Bron update. Doubtful to questionable to playing on the same date.

Lakers don’t really need him today. But against the Clippers would definitely be nice.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Need to see some fire and energy out of Mo when he plays. He isnt quite Elden Campbell-esque but watching this guy makes me feel we need some more intensity out of him.

Every time I see his name I think of his huge game at the Garden when he started at center and dropped 40 on the Knicks only to BLOW THE LAYUP (in Chick Hearns' voice) on the game winning attempt. We lost in OT.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199702230LAL.html
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Every time I see his name I think of his huge game at the Garden when he started at center and dropped 40 on the Knicks only to BLOW THE LAYUP (in Chick Hearns' voice) on the game winning attempt. We lost in OT.

Kobe only playing 3 minutes.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Yea thats Seldom Elden for you. One day, he plays to a draw with Pat Ewing, the next day he looks like Jim McIlvaine.

Can play to a draw and even outplay Portland's big frontline with Rasheed Wallace one series and hell even has the talent to make Charles Barkley's life difficult look when he was on the Suns and look like complete dogturd vs Karl Malone and the Jazz
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Yea thats Seldom Elden for you. One day, he plays to a draw with Pat Ewing, the next day he looks like Jim McIlvaine.

Can play to a draw and even outplay Portland's big frontline with Rasheed Wallace one series and hell even has the talent to make Charles Barkley's life difficult look when he was on the Suns and look like complete dogturd vs Karl Malone and the Jazz

I read Shaq's book in the early 2000s. He said Elden would "foul shave". Diesel said Elden would basically get in foul trouble early in the game against guys that gave him fits. Did not surprise me AT ALL to read that.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
King Randle wrote:
textbook wrote:
NEED THIS GUY BACK.

Lakers don’t really need him today. But against the Clippers would definitely be nice.

True….I just found it funny how quickly Brons status changed that day.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Awww, the Elden Campbell slander is kinda sad. I believe he's the only Laker to have increased his scoring every year for seven years straight. He wasn't a very good player lol, but he was a decent contributor.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Darvin Ham says Mo Bamba has been doing some on-court work and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1643398543233945601?s=20
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully will be a go tomorrow
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham says Mo Bamba has been doing some on-court work and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1643398543233945601?s=20

I would love to see a complete roster against the Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 18 of 38
Jump to: