17-6 Next 23 Games Assuming.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

40 game win-streak =
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I think .500 gets you in the play in... So can they go 14-9 rest of the way?

I think they can as long as they stick to what give them the blowout win vs pelicans.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Once Malik and Bamba start hitting their 3s on a consistent basis, they gonna blow out most of the teams they face because the spacing will be much better and we know what Bron, AD and DLo can do with that kind of spacing. Their opponents will worry now about Malik, Bamba, Reaves, Rui, DLo, TBJ shooting. They can only sag with Vando and DS but the D they can give is a plus also.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:06 am    Post subject:

Baby steps
Let’s start with putting a winning streak together
Then let’s not lose games that were right there to win

We’re still gonna lose some here in there. All of the teams in the league are doing that this year and the Lakers are no exception.

I’m hoping that we have enough balance now that we don’t have to over play our two stars that was the thing that I noticed in the game before the break it looked to me like ham was making a concerted effort not to over play LeBron and Anthony Davis, and D’Angelo Russell for that matter

The key to health is not over, playing the players, because were going to fall behind because we’re not playing them

The key to health is finding roster rotations that will come in and not lose leads that they have worked to build in the games

Also, very important is to continue not going on scoreless droughts that have been plaguing us all year

We do that we will at least get into the play in . At this point all we’re looking for is a chance.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

16-7 per Dennis. I’ll believe it when I see it lol.

https://twitter.com/richstapless/status/1626662876562788352?s=46&t=_Ndq75v0WMfw45GmSWI9-g
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject:

My head and my heart are saying two totally different things:

Golden State- W
@Dallas - L
@Memphis - L
@OKC - L
Minnesota - W
Golden State - W
Memphis - L
Toronto - W
New York - W
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - W
Dallas - W
Orlando - W
Phoenix - L
OKC - W
Chicago - W
@Chicago - W
@Minnesota - L
@Houston - W
@Utah - W
@Clippers - L
Phoenix - L
Utah - W

15-8.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Lakers has the 4th easiest schedule in the west.

Though OKC, Pels and Mavs has the top 3 easiest schedule, that is mainly because it considered the Lakers as easy opponent because of the standings, that is not the case now. They might be low on the standings but they are not easy to beat.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I keep circling back to the depth of firepower that the Lakers now possess in my estimation of how these last 23 games will go.

All season long, the Lakers have ostensibly needed 30-point outings from LeBron and/or AD to survive. On some occasions, Russ would give the Lakers 20+ (14 instances). Outside of those three and Dennis (8)/Austin (4)/Lonnie (6) on the rare occasion, the Lakers didn't have any scoring punch.

Now? D'Angelo can explode for 25-30 points. He's had 20+ in 25 games this season. Beasley can also explode and give the Lakers a 20-point night (7 games this season).

Why is this important? The Lakers have a much wider margin of error in my view. I feel that the depth of firepower will give the Lakers a few more Ws that they would have otherwise lost. Those games where Beasley hits six 3s or D'Angelo goes off. And the Lakers still have Dennis and Austin in the rotation, but they have less pressure and more freedom to contribute. I think they'll also have those surprise big nights, but now as the #5 or #6 guys instead of being expected to be the #3 or #4 guy.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
I keep circling back to the depth of firepower that the Lakers now possess in my estimation of how these last 23 games will go.

All season long, the Lakers have ostensibly needed 30-point outings from LeBron and/or AD to survive. On some occasions, Russ would give the Lakers 20+ (14 instances). Outside of those three and Dennis (8)/Austin (4)/Lonnie (6) on the rare occasion, the Lakers didn't have any scoring punch.

Now? D'Angelo can explode for 25-30 points. He's had 20+ in 25 games this season. Beasley can also explode and give the Lakers a 20-point night (7 games this season).

Why is this important? The Lakers have a much wider margin of error in my view. I feel that the depth of firepower will give the Lakers a few more Ws that they would have otherwise lost. Those games where Beasley hits six 3s or D'Angelo goes off. And the Lakers still have Dennis and Austin in the rotation, but they have less pressure and more freedom to contribute. I think they'll also have those surprise big nights, but now as the #5 or #6 guys instead of being expected to be the #3 or #4 guy.

I think the greater issue/factor is D, not O
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

I think the greater issue/factor is D, not O

That still speaks to my point. Though I hope the Lakers defense significantly improves with the increased size and the additions of Vando and Bamba, I feel much more confident in the Lakers firepower and their ability to outscore teams in a shootout. Like I said, on any given night, the Lakers now have some depth of guys who can score 20-30 points.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

20-3
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

<snip>

That still speaks to my point. Though I hope the Lakers defense significantly improves with the increased size and the additions of Vando and Bamba, I feel much more confident in the Lakers firepower and their ability to outscore teams in a shootout. Like I said, on any given night, the Lakers now have some depth of guys who can score 20-30 points.

I agree that the firepower has improved which will elevate them from 20th in offense. The problem is that they also rank 18th in defense, so let's say they improve to Top 10 in offense, that still won't get them in the same tier as Boston, Denver, Cleveland, Philly, that on average beat their opponents by +4-6 points (the Lakers lose by -0.9 points) and are Top 10 in both offense and defense. The defense needs to improve just as much as the offense, 18th won't cut it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

If everyone is healthy 18-5.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I thought that I typically overrated how many games this team can win but some of you all are crazy. I think that 12-13 wins is possible.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Season starts Thursday….

9 wins against clearly tanking/crappy teams
6 close losses to playoff teams
4 solid wins against good teams to give you hope
4 random losses due to AD/LBJ not playing that night

Hope I am underestimating, but conservatively 13-10 to finish right where expected at start of season as a sub .500 team?

Gotta cross fingers that 40 wins is enough for at least play in berth and maybe a puncher’s chance in the first round….Just gotta get in first..

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:

Golden State- W
@Dallas - L
@Memphis - L
@OKC - L

Minnesota - W
Golden State - W
Memphis - L
Toronto - W
New York - W
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - W
Dallas - W
Orlando - W
Phoenix - L
OKC - W
Chicago - W
@Chicago - W
@Minnesota - L
@Houston - W
@Utah - W
@Clippers - L
Phoenix - L
Utah - W

15-8.

If they lose all the 3 bolded I'll give u $50
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject:

I am hoping for 15-8. This should put at 42 wins, and in the play ins. I think if the team is as good as we think, we should be able to acheive this with a motivated Lebron/AD/DLO trio.

Anything less, and you need other teams to be awful down the stretch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I thought that I typically overrated how many games this team can win but some of you all are crazy. I think that 12-13 wins is possible.

Of course you think that. Every comment you make about the Lakers is negative. It doesn't matter if you are right some times. You are ALWAYS negative. Go out on the limb and predict we will make the playoffs. You can't do it can you?

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

Golden State- W
@Dallas - L
@Memphis - L
@OKC - L

Minnesota - W
Golden State - W
Memphis - L
Toronto - W
New York - W
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - W
Dallas - W
Orlando - W
Phoenix - L
OKC - W
Chicago - W
@Chicago - W
@Minnesota - L
@Houston - W
@Utah - W
@Clippers - L
Phoenix - L
Utah - W

15-8.

If they lose all the 3 bolded I'll give u $50

Can I get $50 too please?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Of course you think that. Every comment you make about the Lakers is negative. It doesn't matter if you are right some times. You are ALWAYS negative. Go out on the limb and predict we will make the playoffs. You can't do it can you?

No, because the team is a 13 seed, there are 5 teams between them and the 8 seed. Sorry if reality bothers you.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No, because the team is a 13 seed, there are 5 teams between them and the 8 seed. Sorry if reality bothers you.

It can be done. It shall be done!
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

Forgot to add Rui to this mix. He's had five 20+ point games this season, including two 30-point outings.

I really think the Lakers newfound firepower is underrated. Again, it significantly widens the margin of error. Instead of being hyper-reliant on LeBron and AD needing to each go off for 25+ for the Lakers to have a chance (and the rare third or fourth guy to pop), the Lakers now have 5 guys outside of LeBron and AD who can all go off on a given night and steal a win. That's going to be crucial in the Lakers mission to finish 15-8 or better.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It will get done…as long as we go 18-5, or even 17-6 it doesnt matter what the other 5 teams do….44 or 45 wins will get u a 6th seed….mildly interesting what the other 5 teams do.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They're 3 games back from the 6-7 seed.. They don't even need to play amazing or have a bunch of teams play horrible to make it.. They clearly have a much better roster then before the deadline and as long as Bron and AD stay healthy for the most part i'd be shocked if they didn't make at minimum the play-in.. That's more so the reality then saying they are the 13th seed and act like they need some miracle

The West is anyone's to win this Season.. There's not a single juggernaut that's clearly above everyone else at all. Saying the Lakers will make the Play-in isn't even a stretch at all imo.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

This is a jinx of a thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: