Former President Carter to receive hospice care for his remaining days
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
. . . the President who has done the most long term damage to this country is Ronald Reagan. His shutting down of social programs, attacks on unions, War on Drugs have had negative repercussions that we are still wrestling with three and a half decades after he left office. He’s clearly the worst President of my lifetime, all things considered, and President Carter isn’t even second behind him.

Trump

Reagan

Bush Jr.

From worst to least worst presidents, for me.

I was born in 1970.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject:

Regan's less government trickle-down economics is still a government bane. The rich are getting richer the poor are getting poorer. He was a destructive governor and a more destructive president.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
. . . the President who has done the most long term damage to this country is Ronald Reagan. His shutting down of social programs, attacks on unions, War on Drugs have had negative repercussions that we are still wrestling with three and a half decades after he left office. He’s clearly the worst President of my lifetime, all things considered, and President Carter isn’t even second behind him.

Trump

Reagan

Bush Jr.

I was born in 1970.

I was trying to go easy on JW44. The worst President of all of our lifetime’s is obvious, and it’s NOT Jimmy Carter.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Trump

Reagan

Bush Jr.

I was born in 1970.

I was trying to go easy on JW44. The worst President of all of our lifetime’s is obvious, and it’s NOT Jimmy Carter.

According to my Mom it's Hoover
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:30 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Carter gets vasectomy

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

finally back to the onion headlines being more outlandish than reality
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

I got punked by the Onion when I first came to LG. I didn't know what they were.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

I got punked by the Onion when I first came to LG. I didn't know what they were.

They're edible bulbs with a pungent taste and smell.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-first-lady-rosalynn-carter-diagnosed-with-dementia/ar-AA1bTIzF

Quote:
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter diagnosed with dementia

Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has been diagnosed with dementia, The Carter Center announced on Tuesday.

"She continues to live happily at home with her husband, enjoying spring in Plains and visits with loved ones," The Carter Center said in a statement.

The Carter Center pointed to the first lady's advocacy for mental health and said it was making the announcement to decrease stigma.

MORE: Biden lets it slip that Jimmy Carter wants him to deliver Carter's eulogy
"We recognize, as she did more than half a century ago, that stigma is often a barrier that keeps individuals and their families from seeking and getting much-needed support," the statement continued. "We hope sharing our family's news will increase important conversations at kitchen tables and in doctor's offices around the country."

"As the founder of the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregivers, Mrs. Carter often noted that there are only four kinds of people in this world: those who have been caregivers; those who are currently caregivers, those who will be caregivers, and those who will need caregivers," The Carter Center said. "The universality of caregiving is clear in our family, and we are experiencing the joy and the challenges of this journey."

FILE - Former president Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn prior to a game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Sept. 30, 2018 in Atlanta.
FILE - Former president Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn prior to a game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Sept. 30, 2018 in Atlanta.
© Scott Cunningham/Getty Images, FILE
Later Tuesday, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre reacted to news of Rosalynn Carter's condition.

Grocery Carts For Seniors - Available New Or Refurbished
Grocery Carts For Seniors - Available New Or Refurbished
Ad
shopcarriage-trade.com/Grocery_Carts/For_Seniors
"The Bidens have stayed in touch with President Carter's team to ensure that their family knows that they are certainly in the president and the first lady's thoughts," she said.

Former President Jimmy Carter has himself been receiving hospice care since February following a series of hospitalizations.

The Carters are the longest-ever married presidential couple, having wed in 1946. At 98, Jimmy Carter is the oldest living former president and the longest-lived former president in U.S. history.

He and Rosalynn Carter, 95, founded The Carter Center in Georgia in 1982, shortly after Jimmy Carter lost reelection to Ronald Reagan.

In the decades since, The Carter Center has become a noted international humanitarian force, focused on public health and human rights, among other efforts. The Carters have also become well-known for their long association building houses with Habitat for Humanity.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

They're edible bulbs with a pungent taste and smell.

🖕🏾

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Announce Divorce
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
C M B wrote:

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Announce Divorce

jesus christ that was a hard-hitter...lmao

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

Gas Rationing --- Had to wait for hours upon hours for gas. You could only go to the gas station on even days if your auto plates were even and the same for odd days.

Carter was also resistant to the point of stubborn to take any advice by his people on things that would improve his image. He wasn't a fan of that kind of thing due to his personal makeup. In the WH, Jimmy had the kitchen serving Congressmen gas-station style sandwiches instead of the good stuff usually served and they wouldn't serve libations on his demand. Fat cats like Tipp O'Neill weren't pleased w/ that and Jimmy had a hard time dealing even with the Dems. Jimmy was too old-fashioned with hard-scrabble values for his own good...and probably too honest. Guaranteed that he ate prunes and drank buttermilk. They turned the thermostat down in the WH and he would wear Mr. Rogers sweaters during televised addresses. Lyndon Johnson was a domestic success (don't ask about the foreign policy) in large part because he WAS one of those fat cat Senators and a natural horse trader who knew what every Senator aside from party wanted in return for votes. That's probably the way a President has to be in order not flop, tho Congress has reached new peaks as a sh-show, so who knows. But they all like bribes and public projects for their own districts. Even the Repubs who vote against those things tout the money "they" brought back to whatever crow state they rep.

Gas lines in 1979. News footage B roll. A Honda cVc hatchback at the start. I wanna hear that reverse whirr those little wind-up toys used to make. In reverse, Hondas' gears whined the entire time. Still recall that sound.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: