*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (Thursday, 02/23/23) Gm#60 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I think it’s gonna be us, GS, Por, OKC, NO and Utah for 3 spots. It’s a must, and I can’t stress enough, must win game (not sure we have tie breaker against any of them)

Add Minny to the mix, maybe even Dallas. We’ll see if Kyrie gels with the Mavericks faster or better than the Lakers new roster gels.

It’s 8 teams for 5 spots…10th through 6th…Lakers, OKC, Portland, Utah, GSW, Minny, Pels, Dallas

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject:

Is Curry still projected to be out for this game?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:

Curry for sure and probably Wiggins too.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
27 wrote:

Curry for sure and probably Wiggins too.

gotcha

thank you!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James got the day off today at Lakers practice - everyone else present and available.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1628508152911233024?s=46&t=bFZGVajxp6vSxwmvayESaw

“The finger is not an issue at all” - Darvin Ham says.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1628508282032885760?s=46&t=bFZGVajxp6vSxwmvayESaw
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LeBron James got the day off today at Lakers practice - everyone else present and available.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1628508152911233024?s=46&t=bFZGVajxp6vSxwmvayESaw

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1628508282032885760?s=46&t=bFZGVajxp6vSxwmvayESaw

Could it be that LBJ's claim that these are the most 23 important games of his career is something he doesn't really believe?...or isn't committed to appropriately?

There could certainly be a legitimate reason, but I can't imagine LBJ missing practice with so many new teammates if he regarded these next 23 games as importantly as he stated...the most...if it were so then I would think he wouldn't miss practice for anyting other than an emergency.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Could it be that LBJ's claim that these are the most 23 important games of his career is something he doesn't really believe?...or isn't committed to appropriately?

There could certainly be a legitimate reason, but I can't imagine LBJ missing practice with so many new teammates if he regarded these next 23 games as importantly as he stated...the most...if it were so then I would think he wouldn't miss practice for anyting other than an emergency.

Don’t you know…now that he got all the attention at the ASG, LeAnkle is bugging him again.

I think he’s too smart to put finger on the injury report, but you never know.

Also, if he needed a break for LeAnkle, maybe he should have taken advantage of all that time off…if in fact it was important to gel for these last 23 games.

But as always, it’s more about Team Lebron than the Lakers. Missing two years in a row isn’t going to look good so who knows maybe this is the offseason LeCalculated blames deputy Davis. He sure can’t blame the Lakers FO that fixed his disaster LeGM move for Russ and gave him all necessary role skill sets…so no more excuses for 2 of the “top 10” stars.
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:28 pm    Post subject:

No Steph, No Wiggins? Must win.

Not to mention they're in front of us in the standings. Not to mention coming off a week off and how deflating a loss would be.

Lakers not only need to win, they need to come out and make a statement.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap, LeBron is just about the only guy who is guaranteed to bring it in these final 23 games him not being at practice has no reflect, he’s a 38 year old superstar, I’m more worried about AD crapping the bed or suffering a injury
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Don’t you know…now that he got all the attention at the ASG, LeAnkle is bugging him again.

I think he’s too smart to put finger on the injury report, but you never know.

Also, if he needed a break for LeAnkle, maybe he should have taken advantage of all that time off…if in fact it was important to gel for these last 23 games.

But as always, it’s more about Team Lebron than the Lakers. Missing two years in a row isn’t going to look good so who knows maybe this is the offseason LeCalculated blames deputy Davis. He sure can’t blame the Lakers FO that fixed his disaster LeGM move for Russ and gave him all necessary role skill sets…so no more excuses for 2 of the “top 10” stars.

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I had been one of those cutting LBJ some slack due to the points per game average last season and this one but missing those two of those pivotal games before the all star break, playing in the last one seemingly so that he could play in the all star game and now missing practice when as much practice is needed just doesn't look right.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers list LeBron James and Anthony Davis as probable tomorrow vs. Golden State.

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1628554051129585664?s=46&t=45OjIfWZDGUPg62Qdz7VNQ
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Holy crap, LeBron is just about the only guy who is guaranteed to bring it in these final 23 games him not being at practice has no reflect, he’s a 38 year old superstar, I’m more worried about AD crapping the bed or suffering a injury

It's ok if we disagree...which we do...it absolutely has an affect. There are 6 new teammates with limited time to develop chemistry. Even if Lebron can't benefit personally because of who he is, him being at practice would have benefited the team by helping the new additions get to know his spots. Perhaps his perspective is that it's all about LBJ without regards for his teammates. It won't be enough for LBJ to just do his job, it's going to take more than that.

Any employee, missing any work time, has an effect on the group of people working with them in a team oriented collaborative capacity...especially when the deadline is approaching and an extra effort is going to be needed to reach the objective as it looks like failure is more likely without extra effort. Missing some practice at some times under some circumstances may be excusable...this doesn't fit any of that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Update, Ham Reveals Starting Lineup & Team's Target In Standings
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's ok if we disagree...which we do...it absolutely has an affect. There are 6 new teammates with limited time to develop chemistry. Even if Lebron can't benefit personally because of who he is, him being at practice would have benefited the team by helping the new additions get to know his spots. Perhaps his perspective is that it's all about LBJ without regards for his teammates. It won't be enough for LBJ to just do his job, it's going to take more than that.

Any employee, missing any work time, has an effect on the group of people working with them in a team oriented collaborative capacity...especially when the deadline is approaching and an extra effort is going to be needed to reach the objective as it looks like failure is more likely without extra effort. Missing some practice at some times under some circumstances may be excusable...this doesn't fit any of that.

That first and fourth quarters were bumpy.

If you think Bron needs to practice to be effective with this squad then you dont appreciate how good this dude is.

What Bron needs is to be healthy for 30 minutes 39 more times this season.

#BannersOverBillboards
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Excited for the game tomorrow. Let’s make this push!!

Love what I heard from Lebron and AD about the importance of the rest of the season.

This forum has been insufferable during the break.

Constant whining about Bron being in the all star game + discussions about the Clippers and Russ.

Let’s make a run baby.

Time for Bron and AD to take the lead.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

we have everyone. They dont. easy. Make a statement and throttle them
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That first and fourth quarters were bumpy.

If you think Bron needs to practice to be effective with this squad then you dont appreciate how good this dude is.

What Bron needs is to be healthy for 30 minutes 39 more times this season.

It's not just about LeBron. Maybe like you he just doesn't get it.

From the post:

"Even if Lebron can't benefit personally because of who he is, him being at practice would have benefited the team by helping the new additions get to know his spots."

"It won't be enough for LBJ to just do his job, it's going to take more than that."
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Trap game

lol "Trap game"? For who? Must be the Warriors, cause it sure ain't us!

No matter if we have the better roster (on paper), and both our stars back. We're still the 13th seed, going against a 9th seed, with around 20 games left to claw our way back into a playoff/-in spot. We don't have any "trap games". Since the start of the season, we never did. Every game is a "must win" game. Period.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
On Tuesday night, the Los Angeles Lakers announced that they had assigned rookie guard Max Christie to the South Bay Lakers in the NBA G League.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/news/los-angeles-lakers-assign-max-christie-to-south-bay-lakers-nba-g-league-02-21-23
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Via Los Angeles Times:

“The starting lineup Ham used during the Lakers’ last game before the All-Star Game against the [New Orleans] Pelicans featured James, Davis, D’Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt and Malik Beasley and is expected to become the norm.”

Schroder, Austin Reaves, Troy Brown Jr., Hachimura and Bamba off the bench
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Update, Ham Reveals Starting Lineup & Team's Target In Standings

Play-in is .500 basketball tho, as the standings illustrated.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Via Los Angeles Times:

“The starting lineup Ham used during the Lakers’ last game before the All-Star Game against the [New Orleans] Pelicans featured James, Davis, D’Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt and Malik Beasley and is expected to become the norm.”

Based on the personnel, that’s probably the safest rotation, but I’m just not a fan of Anthony Davis as the starting center. They were better with Javale Mcgee, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol and Andre Drummond starting at center. I think they should give Mo Bamba a look at that starting center spot.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject:

Let's GO Lakers!🔥

#BannersOverBillboards
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Via Los Angeles Times:

Based on the personnel, that’s probably the safest rotation, but I’m just not a fan of Anthony Davis as the starting center. They were better with Javale Mcgee, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol and Andre Drummond starting at center. I think they should give Mo Bamba a look at that starting center spot.

I’m hoping the team and players eventually progress to the point where Bamba starts with AD, LBJ, Reaves, Dlo. I believe that group would give the best balance of offense/defense…but Bamba and Reaves aren’t ready for that just yet. The current projected starters give the Lakers the best starting line up at the moment.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

Lebron will be fine. If he is healthy he will produce and produce open looks for others.

We need AD to play to his ability. He is the wild card.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26
Jump to: