LAKERS -at- MAVS – 2-26-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject:

So I'll be "that guy"

Very pleased with a W, especially against a team over .500. I believe Lakers were 10-23 vs teams over .500 coming into this game.

Not Pleased falling down by over 20 so early, nor am I pleased with the jekly/hyde 3 point shooting. I think the latter may end up, even if this team does make a bit of a run, will end up being their bane.

While it is too early for me to be as elated as I'd like to be (sorry, burned too many times this past couple years or so); I will say as I said before - I am more hopeful about the squad than I've been in a long time.

BTW, Vanderbilt may just be one of those guys that if you stick on a team trying to figure itself out / who can be "stars" (eg this year's Jazz), he does not shine...but you stick him with talent like Jazz did last year, or what he has here with AD/Bron, suddenly the little things he does become noticeable and he shines with doing the little things / dirty work. Really nice piece to add.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD outweighs Bamba by 20 pounds, Mo will get banged all over the court.
Outside of Embiid and Jokic, I think Bamba can hold his own, might not have the upper hand but won’t be dominated, BroLo, Zubac, Valenciunas, Steven Adams, Nurkic, Vucevic
Jokic and Embiid are the two BEST centers and among the NBA’s best players since they are the leading candidates, hence the best is to make them work hard on D (Bamba’s outside shooting) and work hard on offense with his length - along with help from weakside defenders

Embiid vs Bamba - https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/joel-embiid-stats-vs-mo-bamba

Other centers mentioned, Bamba matches with them evenly

The BIGGEST CONCERNS is LBJ’s injury and the return of DLo
https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/.amp/news/lebron-james-provides-less-than-promising-update-on-foot-injury-ak1987

Will Troy Brown Jr., Rui Hashimura, Lonnie Walker, Wenyen Gabriel and/or Max Christie take advantage of this opportunity with LBJ out for the Grizzs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: