Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
we got no ball handler.

and it is showing.

one strong run by the Grizzlies, it is game over.
Reeves is playing out of his mind.

AD is MIA on offense.
not sure if he is still injuried.
or Grizzilies defense is too good

Though it is gonna be hard to replicate this in second half.

Cry me a river god such horrible fans in the chat

See I told you.

I want to be a optimistic fan.

but I have watched basketball for so many years.

Grizzlies were just playing with their food in the first half.

it was obvious we had no control of the game.

The only thing you were right about was the outcome they didn’t lose because Anthony Davis wasn’t defending. He actually defended very well they lost because they set a new team record for turnovers

lol
I was right about Lakers having no ball handler.

I was right about Memphis making a run, and it is game over.

I was right about Reaves cooling down in the second half (which was pretty obvious)

I didnt say Davis didnt defend, I said he was MIA on offense.

The Grizzilies long defender did bother him, I noticed, he couldnt put his will on this game offensively.

and it was only a matter of time that Morant put his will on this game and win. We should have Vander on Morant from the beginning.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

This is a team of scrappers. They were in the game until the 3rd quarter woes hit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
We fought hard but when you let Schro handle the ball to create as the lead PG it's not going to end well for the most part. I have no idea why Ham doesn't let Reaves create more especially with Lebron and DLO out.

I hope Schro's attitude down the stretch give Reaves more opportunities.

Reaves is better than Schro at literally everything but speed.

I think it's because Reaves led the negatives by far tognight with -17. Schro had 6 turnovers but Reaves tried to compete with him for most on the night with 4. Reaves did have 7 assists but Schro had 10 and was a -1.

Both were not good but Reaves wasn't balling any better than Schro...maybe worse.

You thought reaves was worse than Dennis?

Even tho he had less turnovers, 7 assists, and had more points in the first half than Dennis ended up scoring for the whole game?

Yea, I thought Reaves was worse than Schro...can't use the 7 assists as a case for Reaves because Schro had 10, it's a plus for Schro. Schro also had 4 rebounds compared 2 rebounds for Reaves. Reaves did have a block and a steal along with 2 fewer turnovers and 7 more points...but the main point...

Schro minus 1
Reaves minus 17

Seven more points and 2 less turnovers doesn't make up for the -17. No other player for the Lakers was in double digits for the +/-...Reaves was the only one. Neither was particularly good but Reaves was a little worse the Schro.

That's why I was saying to a poster Reaves is not ready to start. at this point in time Schro's expererience makes him the better starter.

I like Reaves game...as a back up SG only...not as a PG or SF. At this point I'd experinment with LWIV as back up point against OKC tomorrow. Off topic...I'd also like to see Rui start over TBjr tomorrow and more Mo as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

AD came alive tonight. When we get Bron and Dlo back if AD keeps playing like he's been lately we're gonna be dangerous.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
We fought hard but when you let Schro handle the ball to create as the lead PG it's not going to end well for the most part. I have no idea why Ham doesn't let Reaves create more especially with Lebron and DLO out.

I think it's because Reaves led the negatives by far tognight with -17. Schro had 6 turnovers but Reaves tried to compete with him for most on the night with 4. Reaves did have 7 assists but Schro had 10 and was a -1.

Both were not good but Reaves wasn't balling any better than Schro...maybe worse.

Even tho he had less turnovers, 7 assists, and had more points in the first half than Dennis ended up scoring for the whole game?

Yea, I thought Reaves was worse than Schro...can't use the 7 assists as a case for Reaves because Schro had 10, it's a plus for Schro. Schro also had 4 rebounds compared 2 rebounds for Reaves. Reaves did have a block and a steal along with 2 fewer turnovers and 7 more points...but the main point...

Schro minus 1
Reaves minus 17

Seven more points and 2 less turnovers doesn't make up for the -17. No other player for the Lakers was in double digits for the +/-...Reaves was the only one. Neither was particularly good but Reaves was a little worse the Schro.

That's why I was saying to a poster Reaves is not ready to start. at this point in time Schro's expererience makes him the better starter.

I like Reaves game...as a back up SG only...not as a PG or SF. At this point I'd experinment with LWIV as back up point against OKC tomorrow. Off topic...I'd also like to see Rui start over TBjr tomorrow and more Mo as well.

Mo only played 1 minute tonight. I wonder why? I think Rui need more burn to establish some kind of rhythm.

giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Mo only played 1 minute tonight. I wonder why? I think Rui need more burn to establish some kind of rhythm.

This is where Ham's rotations were irritating to say the least. Tillman and JJJ were just cleaning up inside and AD had no big wing or big man help controlling those two from getting easy putbacks and offensive rebs. (Rui and Bamba were just riding the bench when that was happening).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This is where Ham's rotations were irritating to say the least. Tillman and JJJ were just cleaning up inside and AD had no big wing or big man help controlling those two from getting easy putbacks and offensive rebs. (Rui and Bamba were just riding the bench when that was happening).

I feel the same about Rui getting into a rhythm, confused about the Mo minutes with Memphis center S Adams out tonight...could have abused them inside with AD and Mo could have limited them to one shot attempt per possession. I was frustrated with TBryant's minutes but gave Ham some slack since there were defensive liabilities but I just don't understand the deal with Mo. Hopefully it was just some discipline thing where he was benched and not Ham's ineptitude.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I feel the same about Rui getting into a rhythm, confused about the Mo minutes with Memphis center S Adams out tonight...could have abused them inside with AD and Mo could have limited them to one shot attempt per possession. I was frustrated with TBryant's minutes but gave Ham some slack since there were defensive liabilities but I just don't understand the deal with Mo. Hopefully it was just some discipline thing where he was benched and not Ham's ineptitude.

Darvin puzzles me. Mo's strength is defense. He could have slapped da ish outa Ja once or twice. It wouldn't have stopped him though because he has an AI mentality. There was a thing one time you guess how many times AI would hit the ground. Same with Ja. He's fearless.

Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
we got no ball handler.

and it is showing.

AD is MIA on offense.

AD has 8, 10, and 4.

If we didn’t turn the ball over so much he would’ve scored more.

Not sure what else you want him to do.

He couldn’t put his will on the game offensively in first half.

Though I think it has more to do with Tillsman playing really good defense on him.

Superstar can be slowed down, like Vander on Luka.

Though also we had just no plays run for him in the beginning.

Just had him go 1v1.

I put the blame mainly on Ham.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I guess when you make your mind up about AD he has to be Clark Kent to change your mind.

AD was ballin tonight. 36min 47.4 FG% 47.4 FT% 76.9 REB 19 BLK 5 PTS 28. What do you want from him?

We lost this game because we had so many turnovers. I've forgotten how many points the Grizz got off of our turnovers. Keep playing the way you're playing AD.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

No LJ or Dlo; tough game to win even with them. Anyway,
move on the the next game.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Do we know why bamba didn’t play? I don’t get it.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I guess when you make your mind up about AD he has to be Clark Kent to change your mind. AD was ballin tonight. We lost this game because we had so many turnovers. I've forgotten how many points the Grizz got off of our turnovers.

I think AD is very very good player, just not Alpha superstar.

He has all the tools, just not the mindset.

The reason we have so many turnovers is because
A) we had no ball handler
B) our best player AD couldnt generate offense consistently, and so we have a bunch of role players (very good role player but still role players) trying to generate offense

again I said I blame the coach a lot too.

AD is AD.

And I dont think we should trade him, unless you can get Tatum back, and unless we want to trade Lebron and AD together and just start over completely
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I guess when you make your mind up about AD he has to be Clark Kent to change your mind. AD was ballin tonight. We lost this game because we had so many turnovers. I've forgotten how many points the Grizz got off of our turnovers.

B) our best player AD couldnt generate offense consistently, and so we have a bunch of role players (very good role player but still role players) trying to generate offense

AD is AD.

And I dont think we should trade him, unless you can get Tatum back, and unless we want to trade Lebron and AD together and just start over completely

IA I don't think AD is a true leader, he's a Robin. He needs a Batman. Darvin is frustrating. I don't know what to expect from him. One night he's Popovich the next he's Eric Musselman.

Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:

AD is AD.

IA I don't think AD is a true leader, he's a Robin. He needs a Batman. Darvin is frustrating. I don't know what to expect from him. One night he's Popovich the next he's Eric Musselman.

If Ham is anything close to Pop.
Lakers would be like the 5th seed now.

The dude is a tool.

Once in a blue moon he could get rotation right.

And then he goes away from it.

Not having Vander on Morant was just mind blowing.

Especially it worked against Luka.

It almost seems like the dude is purposely sabotaging our season while not seeming too obvious.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:

AD is AD.

The dude is a tool.

It almost seems like the dude is purposely sabotaging our season while not seeming too obvious.

I've been an advocate for Darvin's cause all season. It's getting harder and harder for me to justify him. I never know which Ham is going to show up.

I still don't have a quote box at the bottom of the thread. I can answer quote. In order to post a new quote in the thread I have to use the post reply at the top right of the page.

Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is a team of scrappers. They were in the game until the 3rd quarter woes hit.

See, it was not as easy as you thought after the Dallas game. Better team = Davis was bothered on offense. Vando did not play well like the Dallas game. etc.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Do we know why bamba didn’t play? I don’t get it.

I have the same question.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
jodeke wrote:

See, it was not as easy as you thought after the Dallas game. Better team = Davis was bothered on offense. Vando did not play well like the Dallas game. etc.

The Dallas game was an aberration. I don't have a stat but I'd guess few teams come back from 27 down. I didn't think we'd beat Dallas. I wonder how many Laker fans are suffering from Hedi symptoms.

JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

They should have won this game.. but 26 turnovers leading to 41 points is hard to overcome.
And there’s no reason we give up 86 points in the paint with the players we have. Ham needs to use Mo, AD, Vando and Gabriel more wiser.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:

Schro minus 1
Reaves minus 17

The season high in turnovers is what did the Lakers in for this game having D’Angelo Russell really would’ve helped
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
jodeke wrote:

AD is AD.

The dude is a tool.

And why would he do that? Just another stupid (bleep) thing to say from you.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
we got no ball handler.

and it is showing.

AD is MIA on offense.

Cry me a river god such horrible fans in the chat

See I told you.

I want to be a optimistic fan.

but I have watched basketball for so many years.

Grizzlies were just playing with their food in the first half.

it was obvious we had no control of the game.

The only thing you were right about was the outcome they didn’t lose because Anthony Davis wasn’t defending. He actually defended very well they lost because they set a new team record for turnovers

lol
I was right about Lakers having no ball handler.

I was right about Memphis making a run, and it is game over.

I was right about Reaves cooling down in the second half (which was pretty obvious)

I didnt say Davis didnt defend, I said he was MIA on offense.

The Grizzilies long defender did bother him, I noticed, he couldnt put his will on this game offensively.

and it was only a matter of time that Morant put his will on this game and win. We should have Vander on Morant from the beginning.

You predicted that the other team was going to go on a run Jesus called Guinness

Anthony Davis had 28 points

Such a prediction that Morant was going to get hot at home while we turn the ball over a record number of times

Can you give me the numbers for the lottery while you’re at it?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Ja is the second coming of AI. He's fearless. I like his game. I'm surprised he doesn't get hurt more. When he went on his blitz Ham should have made an adjustment. I think this game was winnable.

Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ja is the second coming of AI. He's fearless. I like his game. I'm surprised he doesn't get hurt more. When he went on his blitz Ham should have made an adjustment. I think this game was winnable.

Agreed. Something, anything. But just like the Lillard game, Ham did zero adjustments.

Can he really be that dumb?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18
Jump to: