DB, Awesome Job on the Update To The Site!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
test

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I am not seeing an empty box to type in to post. I was only able to post by pressing the reply to quote button.

Anyone else with this issue?

I'm haveing it. I think it's a glitch. I'm confident DB will correct it shortly.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SiteWork wrote:
There was a custom mod in place for image suppression that we will attempt to re-install.
One step at a time.

We are updating PHP versions due to hosting company demands. Some customizations for image suppression were in the files updated to work with PHP 7.4.

We are currently tracing errors to correct those first, Then on to the mods.

Thanks. That's a relief.

Yep. I'm seeing space-taking images that add no relevancy. There are dozens of sites for those who want to aggrandize. LG is unique. I hope it returns to what makes it more desirable.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Please post all feedback here.

We avoided doing upgrades in the past because of how massive the change (on the backend) would be during this process. We are going to just plow through it, so note that some changes you see now may only be temporary.

But once everything gets stable and cleaned up it will allow us to make refinements in the future that we weren't able to previously.

DB. I'm sure you see the disruption and discontent the changes have caused. LG is an adult site. I'll leave it at that.

lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
when's the mobile site coming?

I tried to use Lebron coming to the Lakers years ago as a reason to go mobile (with the new influx of fans). I got a nice response saying they are working on it next and I got a snarky response from some loser asking me if I was going to pay for it. Either way, I hope it’s in the cards 🃏

someone replied to me in another thread that a true discussion forum doesn't need a mobile version, lmao
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

I tried to use Lebron coming to the Lakers years ago as a reason to go mobile (with the new influx of fans). I got a nice response saying they are working on it next and I got a snarky response from some loser asking me if I was going to pay for it. Either way, I hope it’s in the cards 🃏

someone replied to me in another thread that a true discussion forum doesn't need a mobile version, lmao

And it doesn't need space taking images.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

And it doesn't need space taking images.

I wouldn't mind images if they contributed something. If we are discussing whether a player stepped out of bounds, an image of the players foot on the line would be great.

But we all know LG would just end up being filled stupid, boring gifs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Quote:
Please post all feedback here.

We avoided doing upgrades in the past because of how massive the change (on the backend) would be during this process. We are going to just plow through it, so note that some changes you see now may only be temporary.

But once everything gets stable and cleaned up it will allow us to make refinements in the future that we weren't able to previously.

One comment. HURRUP!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject:

Has there been any progress with the upgrade? I still don't have a quote box at the bottom of the thread. When I post in a quote and delete the quote I get 504 Gateway Time-Out

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
test

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I am not seeing an empty box to type in to post. I was only able to post by pressing the reply to quote button.

Anyone else with this issue?

I’m sure you noticed it by now, but top right of any page you land on has a “post reply” button. It’s obviously not as convenient as the empty reply field at the bottom of the page or quoting and then deleting the quote of another, but it does function properly as of right now.

Also I wonder if we can include [spoiler] tags to embed gifs / memes / images / videos / media within, so that it remains hidden for those that either do not want to see it, have the media slow down their page load times and/or rather not see potential NSFW material if they browse during office hours.

I mean, I love incorporating media, but I understand why others wouldn’t want it forced onto them in spending their time here. The onus would fall on the posters to make sure they include all media within the spoiler tags to keep them hidden for others tho…but I’m sure that’s a fair trade off and worth tre effort in making sure everybody’s happy in consuming the content.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Also I wonder if we can include [spoiler] tags to embed gifs / memes / images / videos / media within, so that it remains hidden for those that either do not want to see it, have the media slow down their page load times and/or rather not see potential NSFW material if they browse during office hours.

I mean, I love incorporating media, but I understand why others wouldn’t want it forced onto them in spending their time here. The onus would fall on the posters to make sure they include all media within the spoiler tags to keep them hidden for others tho…but I’m sure that’s a fair trade off and worth tre effort in making sure everybody’s happy in consuming the content.

It's a nice idea, but the people who want to post silly memes or taunts aimed at other posters would not use it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

Don’t know what people are talking about here with “meme posting” when even with this feature, not much has changed. It’s only better now that we don’t have to make risky clicks on links now.

My current feedback gripe is the comment posting seems slower. Both because of the no quick-post box on the bottom of the page anymore, and everytime when you post a new comment, the loading is MUCH slower than before.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

Just now able to get in after 2 days.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. LG has been functioning just fine without all the frills. If frills are your passion there are a plethora of sites that fit your pistol. DB you're doing just fine. Let well enough alone. Get a quote box at the bottom of the thread. Continue to work on the glitches.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If it ain't broke don't fix it. LG has been functioning just fine without all the frills. If frills are your passion there are a plethora of sites that fit your pistol. DB you're doing just fine. Let well enough alone. Get a quote box at the bottom of the thread. Continue to work on the glitches.

I'm fine without gifs, youtube, twitter/TikTok embeds, etc.

A mobile app would be killer, though, even with a million ads.
SiteWork
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The reply box is restored.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject:

man whats going on with this website? 90% of the time it doesnt load
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
man whats going on with this website? 90% of the time it doesnt load

Announcement: SERVER WORK UNDERWAY

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject:

SiteWork wrote:
The reply box is restored.

Great. There's probably more work to be done. We'll get there eventually.🤙🏾

hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

to the additions.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the time and effort, DB.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Quick reply is back, thank god!

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I posted something on the main board which maybe I shouldn’t have I should’ve looked for a thread like this

The last two games the game thread has been very slow numerous errors, trying to post double posts, being caused, etc. etc.

I wanted to thank you for all the work that you’ve done to improve the site and wanted to bring these to your attention
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Brenda is moving more quicker than before. I hope it's this fast in the game thread.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Site is really zooming right now. Let's see how it goes during the game.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Grandpa is not pleased.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: