Pau ceremony Mar 7 vs Grizzlies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Amazing moment in Laker history. Pau one of the most classy and committed players Lakers will ever have. Deserved all this and more.
Actually once players like this are gone you appreciate them even more.
I am just curios. Does someone knows if Odom was in the crowd during the ceremony? And also no one mentioned Phil. I am surprised he didn't came.

I was in attendance, and sitting very close to Pau and his family.

In the building: James Worthy, Jose Calderon, Marc Gasol, Vanessa Bryant, Jeannie Buss, Rob Pelinka, Jimmy Butler, Gary Vitti

On the big screen with a video for Pau: Vanessa Bryant, Derek Fisher, MWP, Phil Jackson, Sasha Vujacic, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson

Not as many players attended as I hoped to see, and really surprised Phil, Odom and Bynum weren’t there.

Odom was there: https://i.redd.it/uvcw9gvtahma1.jpg

Bynum was last seen in Australia. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still travelling the world.

Phil's old and can't be bothered these days.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Amazing moment in Laker history. Pau one of the most classy and committed players Lakers will ever have. Deserved all this and more.
I am just curios. Does someone knows if Odom was in the crowd during the ceremony? And also no one mentioned Phil. I am surprised he didn't came.

In the building: James Worthy, Jose Calderon, Marc Gasol, Vanessa Bryant, Jeannie Buss, Rob Pelinka, Jimmy Butler, Gary Vitti

On the big screen with a video for Pau: Vanessa Bryant, Derek Fisher, MWP, Phil Jackson, Sasha Vujacic, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson

Not as many players attended as I hoped to see, and really surprised Phil, Odom and Bynum weren’t there.

Bynum was last seen in Australia. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still travelling the world.

Thought I saw Phil.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject:

That surprise video of Kobe from Vanessa was very special
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Thought I saw Phil.

Yes, Phil was there.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject:

As a Spanish American who just toured Spain for a month, this means everything !! what a beautiful person and speech
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Thought I saw Phil.

Yes, Phil was there.

Good to know.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Thought I saw Phil.

Yes, Phil was there.

Good to know.

that team. So awesome.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Thought I saw Phil.

Yes, Phil was there.

Good to know.

that team. So awesome.

Amazing! Thx for sharing.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Rare Josh Powell sighting too.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject:

The day Kobe died, dammit, I didn't cry at first. But I cried multiple times when I saw other people cry on TV. First was Doc Rivers. I just couldn't hold it in. I almost let loose when I saw this tribute from Pau.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Beautiful ceremony for the Spaniard. Pau is a great man.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Anyone have the big screen video where DFish, Phil, MWP, etc. were talking?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Phil was there. He was in a suite, seemingly with family. Got a huge ovation when they put him on the big screen.

Went to the game. Was an amazing night. Pau is a graceful human being.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

On the big screen with a video for Pau: Vanessa Bryant, Derek Fisher, MWP, Phil Jackson, Sasha Vujacic, Magic, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson

Anyone have the big screen video where DFish, Phil, MWP, etc. were talking?

Found it Lakers twitter
Phil, DFish, Vanessa, Kareem, Sasha, Metta talking to Pau
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Very emotional night for many reasons. Always loved Pau and everything he did for this franchise. A true class act and an incredible player.

This timeline sucks for Kobe not being here for it, but Vanessa being there, and knowing how important Pau means to that family is bittersweet.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Pau is a class act through and through.

I thought it was odd the former players and personnel stayed so behind the scenes. They were in the bldg but not as visible as you'd expect. They didn't show Lamar or a few of the others live on the big screen at all.

Was interesting that Pau was seated at the far opposite baseline corner of the Lakers. There was a point he was sitting there by himself with his daughter, wife and baby not yet out. Just looked like a normal guy (albeit very tall) catching a game with his daughter. He and his wife held their kids (like most normal non celebrities would do) throughout the entire game and even halftime ceremony. No help or entourage visibly there to support. Just showed me what type of down to earth person he and his family are.

They showed him after a video tribute in the 2nd quarter and he was legit tearing up. Was nice to see him be so well appreciated by the fans.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I miss those teams tremendously.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/purehoop/status/1633719811313389568?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: