Idiot morant suspended for lakers game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I hope he gets a 20 game suspension.
Glorifying guns is the really kids kill other kids with guns.
No excuse….
Too many people die from guns. He’s an idiot!!!
Suffer the consequences.

Suspend entire season including playoffs

Sure, I support that, Dennis.
But would the league or his franchise?
It’s not the right time to glorify guns.
Not at all….
Not when you are supposed to be some sort of role model.
Idiot…

The idiots are those that think sports figures should be role models

Yes, true but we live in a society where many are. Sure, it’s stupid, but you have to use your brain sometimes. Playing with guns or showing how tough you are with guns doesn’t send a good message within the NBA. Period.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Suspend him for what? No matter what you think about his behavior, he hasn't violated any league rules just by having a firearm at a nightclub. His team might be able to suspend him, but even that is not clear.

Regardless, not a good look for the NBA, agree?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Suspend him for what? No matter what you think about his behavior, he hasn't violated any league rules just by having a firearm at a nightclub. His team might be able to suspend him, but even that is not clear.

Any info on if he is in a state where having a firearm in a public place serving alcohol is legal? Or if he has a carry permit?

Most responsible gun owners would call this irresponsible. Most states call it criminal.

League or team should be able to suspend if they choose to. Doubt they really choose to.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

😂
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

And he wants it to behave like a wanna be gangsta

Kick him out

What's wrong with behaving like a wannabe gangsta?

Signed,

Javaris Crittenton, Tupac Shakur

Aaron Hernandez co signs
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I mean, I’m pretty sure beating up a seventeen year old and then pointing a gun at him is violating something…

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Regardless, not a good look for the NBA, agree?

Sure. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that players do that are not a good look for the NBA. As far as I can tell from looking at the CBA, there is nothing that the league can do about this. The league rules are limited to violent conduct. There is a possible exception involving ownership of an unregistered or unreported firearm, but no one is claiming that he violated that rule as of now.

He may have violated a team rule, which is what the Nets used against Irving. I see some outlets reporting that the Grizzlies have, in fact, suspended Morant. I'm not sure that this is actually true. The actual language used by the Grizzlies didn't use the word "suspend." This is an important distinction going forward.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I mean, I’m pretty sure beating up a seventeen year old and then pointing a gun at him is violating something…

Naw. It was a fight during a basketball game at Morant's house last summer. Morant told the kid to leave and came out of his house with a pistol under his waistband. The kid doesn't claim that Morant drew the pistol or pointed it at him. Morant claims that the kid made threats. Both sides made police reports against each other. The prosecutors declined to bring charges against either Morant or the kid.

It's part of a pattern of disturbing behavior by Morant. No doubt about it. I'm not saying that it's okay to get yourself into situations like that. It's not anything that the league or the team can suspend Morant for, though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Ja's personality has changed. I get the impression he's gotten the big head.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject:

flippers with westbrook first win? No Ja No Brooks
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

He's not going down a good path. Somebody needs to get in his ear and set him straight. The NBA will always find new stars, Ja should know he is replaceable.
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bwolfephd/status/1632061688974286848

https://twitter.com/ThePettiestLA/status/1632122856908922881

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Naw. It was a fight during a basketball game at Morant's house last summer. Morant told the kid to leave and came out of his house with a pistol under his waistband. The kid doesn't claim that Morant drew the pistol or pointed it at him. Morant claims that the kid made threats. Both sides made police reports against each other. The prosecutors declined to bring charges against either Morant or the kid.

It's part of a pattern of disturbing behavior by Morant. No doubt about it. I'm not saying that it's okay to get yourself into situations like that. It's not anything that the league or the team can suspend Morant for, though.

I’m not 100% sure how all this works from a state/league laws perspective but Morant posted the video from a club in Denver. If that gun belongs to him it means he brought a gun on the team plane. After the Wizards incident, it wouldn’t surprise me if the league takes it very seriously. It will be interesting to see if he misses more than the “at least two games” that was reported.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I’m not 100% sure how all this works from a state/league laws perspective but Morant posted the video from a club in Denver. If that gun belongs to him it means he brought a gun on the team plane. After the Wizards incident, it wouldn’t surprise me if the league takes it very seriously. It will be interesting to see if he misses more than the “at least two games” that was reported.

https://i.redd.it/g9jccj6p4wla1.jpg

Found this on reddit. I'm not sure what the ramifications are according to this but hopefully AH can decipher the legalese.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If the league wanted to approach it that way, the team plane is not critical. He just needed to be traveling on league business. I expect that the league will be hesitant to take that approach, because it could open the floodgates. If Morant is doing it, there are probably dozens of others who do the same thing. In fact, there were probably multiple people in the Grizzlies organization who knew that Morant was doing it, but who let it pass. If not, Morant could just say that he got the pistol from someone in Denver, and that could actually be true.

I expect that the league will just let it pass as long as the focus is on Morant getting his life straightened out. They'll let the team work with him and discipline him if appropriate. The league isn't going to want to wade into the cultural issues. There are plenty of veterans and retired players who will be more than willing to counsel Morant about this stupid BS.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject:

Ja missing the Lakers game makes it a W for us. Doing us favors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If Morant is doing it, there are probably dozens of others who do the same thing. In fact, there were probably multiple people in the Grizzlies organization who knew that Morant was doing it, but who let it pass.

Oh I’m sure the league is none too pleased about how Memphis has handled Morant. They’ve seemingly looked the other way on all of Morant’s antics, including his crew and his father. These are tricky matters when dealing with a star player. Hopefully this sabbatical can serve as an opportunity for him to get his house in order.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject:

Do teams have people on staff to educate players on life in the NBA, what to expect, and how to adjust? Going from the have nots to the haves must have some effect on young players.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Do teams have people on staff to educate players on life in the NBA, what to expect, and how to adjust? Going from the have nots to the haves must have some effect on young players.

I'm pretty sure they do. Like pretty much any other program/orientation, some are quicker to soak it in than others.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I believe that the union does this. It would be problematic for the employer to do it.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

morant's pr team wrote a nice apology
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

And he wants it to behave like a wanna be gangsta

Kick him out

What's wrong with behaving like a wannabe gangsta?

Signed,

Javaris Crittenton, Tupac Shakur

Lol that's a good one

Another idiot millionaire dabbling in guns and crime was Aaron Hernandez. Hanged in a jail cell.

It's a good one in terms of a good warning. Even going near ACTUAL gangsters if you're a celeb millionaire is as stupid a move as there is. It won't end well. Now Critt is the living embodiment of that best player from Penn State/State Penn joke and Tupac is 6 feet under (yes, really).

The NBA has a right to be pissed because this has been a bad issue in prior decades already. Jayson Williams was unfortunately a very disturbed young man due to a spate of bad experiences as a youth. No one stepped in to save his ass when he shot a pistol in a parking lot after being drafted by the Suns. He didn't wanna go to PHX and the Suns didn't do him a solid by shipping him to be Barkley's bro, but the cavalier way he handled weapons and some of the stunts he pulled w/ visitors at his lavish estate were disturbing. Wayne Chrebet smartly left JW's joint after he shot a 50 cal gun over his head as a joke. Dwayne Schintzius testified that Wms killed his own Rottweiler because the dog caused him to lose a bet. I saw the MTV Cribs epi prior to the eventual death of the limo driver where Jayson was slinging a shotgun on and off of his shoulder w/ his finger still in the trigger ring. The "accident" itself was due to him playing a joke by slamming the barrels shut on the Avg Joe in order to scare him. Gun went off. Williams had anger probs and gun probs for years. At St. John's he tried to hit a fan w/ a metal folding chair.

Then the idiocy w/ Critt/Arenas. Again, one of those two kills someone, this time as Murder 1.

The NBA needs to be as forceful here as they can because this young nitwit clearly doesn't know what he doesn't know. He's not 35 where he MIGHT have the wisdom to look back and say to himself, "God, how could I have been such a moron at 23? (smh)..." The reason 23 yr olds are still called kids by older people is because most of them still ARE kids at that age, at least mentally, and at least nowadays. These aren't the 60s where kids were lookin to become adults at age 18 because it was so much easier to do then (money wasn't devalued to high hell yet).
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiot morant suspended for lakers game

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Count that as a W boys to make up for yesterday

Nice title
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Dang. He's my favorite realest point guard in the NBA!
I hope he only gets suspended for 2 seasons. Seems fair.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject:

A lot of analysis on sports shows today that bringing a gun to a team area is a 50 games suspension. For him to prove he legally owns that gun, he will prove that he travelled with it. Or prove that he didn’t buy it legally. It’s a little loose, but both avenues suggest a pretty big violation of NBA constitutional bylaws or plain old law.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: