*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers (03/12/23 @ 6:00 pm PT) Gm#68 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Lebron will turn this team from a playoff team into a championship team. In Bron I trust!!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
We need a new coach. This (bleep) is disgusting !

Explain what the coach did wrong

Pulling Dlo too earlywhile hot in the 1st.
Leaving Beasley in too long while ice cold.
Recognizing TBJ didn't have it tonight and Rui did, and give minutes accordingly.
Telling team to absolutely foul after schro last score of game with 19 seconds left.

Yep same thing i said above your post.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

Recognizing TBJ didn't have it tonight and Rui did, and give minutes accordingly.
Telling team to absolutely foul after schro last score of game with 19 seconds left.

Exactly how do you know that he didn’t tell them to foul
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Not being talked about enough is the horrible free-throw shooting tonight just awful

That might just be (better be anyway) an outlier. Lebron's been horrible at the FT line his whole career and I don't want that rubbing off on AD xD
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

drae wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Best thing about tonight was DLO going nuclear and Lebron with no walking boot/no pain 🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

Lebron isn't coming back for a while dude Boot or no boot.

No use rushing it.

What the team needs is AD actually looking like a star.

Hartenstein was put on him. (bleep) HARTENSTEIN.

My God I hope we trade AD in the offseason.

To be really honest with you, I wasn't really paying attention to the season much but DLO brought me back. He's fun to watch. We might not win a championship but I love the way he and the bench plays. A bit quick to hoise threes though but eh, we can work on it.

Same.
Not just Dlo, but the team was so bad to watch, i just checked out...Dlo and Vando are the moves i appreciate the most.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Best thing about tonight was DLO going nuclear and Lebron with no walking boot/no pain 🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

No use rushing it.

Yeah, was kinda disappointed with AD tonight. But it happens. Looking forward to his bounce back game against the Pels

Nah dude AD pisses me off to be honest. I've defended his play all season when he's come out flat but it's getting to become too much now.

He has no assertiveness in him what so ever. It doesn't matter if the score is he'll play the same way.

Someone should honestly look up his 2nd half stats. I'd be shocked if he had 5 pts. and Thats with a backup C on him for the entire half.

Are you ignoring that AD literally took Randle all second half? The randle who killed them the first half? There’s no other player in the league including giannis who is expected to take the best player and then score. Giannis doesn’t even take the hot guy for the Bucks, Embid doesn’t, jokic doesn’t.

He got 16 rebounds, was a +9, defended randle, had 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block while contesting multiple shots.

Last edited by Kblo247! on Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron will turn this team from a playoff team into a championship team. In Bron I trust!!

I honestly doubt Lebron is coming back. He's out for the regular season at least imo.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I honestly doubt Lebron is coming back. He's out for the regular season at least imo.

It’s absolutely going to depend on where we’re at if we are having any kind of playoff game at all, LeBron is coming back

And honestly he is needed if we wanna win playoff games
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

We make our free throws, we win this game. Coach is fine. Team is great. Nothing to discuss. Coaches can't make players shoot free throws better.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

No use rushing it.

Yeah, was kinda disappointed with AD tonight. But it happens. Looking forward to his bounce back game against the Pels

Nah dude AD pisses me off to be honest. I've defended his play all season when he's come out flat but it's getting to become too much now.

He has no assertiveness in him what so ever. It doesn't matter if the score is he'll play the same way.

Someone should honestly look up his 2nd half stats. I'd be shocked if he had 5 pts. and Thats with a backup C on him for the entire half.

Are you ignoring that AD literally took Randle all second half? The randle who killed them the first half? There’s no other player in the league including giannis who is expected to take the best player and then score. Giannis doesn’t even take the hot guy for the Bucks, Embid doesn’t, jokic doesn’t.

Im not talking about AD's defense thats always there.

And lets be honest Randle bails the opposition out half the time with his shot selection. AD is an elite defender.

He is unreliable as a guy giving you offense. Not because he doesn't have the talent. AD is the most talented guy on the floor against most teams.

He has zero mentality to want to dominate. He should feel disrespected Hartenstein was put on him all of second half but he isn't.

Fact of the matter is. If AD actually tried on offense this game we'd win. He didn't care to actually try because thats AD.

Thats why we get the chilling out at rucker park doing between the legs fumbling the ball and then chucking it with 2 sec left on the clock instead of him being deliberate with what he wants to do.

It's AD and im done defending his piss poor lackadaisical attitude on offense.

He needs Lebron to get his (bleep) straight.

Last edited by TMG on Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We make our free throws, we win this game. Coach is fine. Team is great. Nothing to discuss. Coaches can't make players shoot free throws better.

I am obviously a huge defender of ham here because I thinks he takes criticism that he shouldn’t take and then gets none of the praise whenever the team has been winning which they have

Having said that

I would like to see Reeves get more minutes if Beasley is going to be this cold going forward we gotta do something at that position
Personally, I’d like to see Max Christie up even if he doesn’t make one shot in the game. His defense is so much better.

I also would’ve liked one of the reporters to ask whether or not ham, said the foul in those final seconds instead of letting the time go by I’d like an answer to that question and I just assume that and told them not to foul
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I had a feeling we were going to lose vs either Toronto or NY. Gotta start winning again next game. We're back outside of playoffs again and teams like NO fighting for playoff spot are going to play hard.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

No use rushing it.

He got 16 rebounds, was a +9, defended randle, had 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block while contesting multiple shots.

Yeah, AD made Randle a passer. AD didn't have a lot of help rebounding today though, the Lakers really struggled finishing possessions off defensively without him there.

Defensively the knicks were loading up the middle and trying to take away anything inside for him. That led to lots of open 3's for us. No one was making them though. If TBJ made 1 of the 6 or 7 open 3's he had, we have a very different ending to this game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

The fact that TBJ and Beasley were 2/15 on quality open 3s made Knicks even more less likely to single cover AD and Dlo, obviously even 2-3 of those go in, we would had a different game. Just a weird game all around.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

That’s one thing…what about the others? Ham also keep Dlo/AD out too long and the same time, the announcers even called Ham out for that several times.

And to answer your question…it didn’t look as if the players had the instruction to foul immediately that’s why we think it wasn’t given as an instruction by the coach, but you do have a point on that one item, we don’t know if he told them or not. But there are many more items to consider as mentioned.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

No use rushing it.

And lets be honest Randle bails the opposition out half the time with his shot selection. AD is an elite defender.

He is unreliable as a guy giving you offense. Not because he doesn't have the talent. AD is the most talented guy on the floor against most teams.

He has zero mentality to want to dominate. He should feel disrespected Hartenstein was put on him all of second half but he isn't.

Fact of the matter is. If AD actually tried on offense this game we'd win. He didn't care to actually try because thats AD.

Thats why we get the chilling out at rucker park doing between the legs fumbling the ball and then chucking it with 2 sec left on the clock instead of him being deliberate with what he wants to do.

You’re ranting and raving. JVG pointed out in the actual game that they were forcing AD to catch 20 feet out because Thibs game plan was pressure the guards and allow open 3s from the corners which Troy and Beasley got. You keep harping on being offended by who he has on him but ignore he’s a big and that means you have to deliver the big the ball. The knicks said Troy and Beasley we will give you 15 threes in exchange for AD not being allowed to post up or catch it in the paint except on the move. Anytime he got it in the paint was his own rebounding, an AR lob, and a Russell dump off. Troy and Beasley went 2-15 as the trade off for pushing AD out and trapping him. If they got 5-15 even this is a win.

The game before Nurse on the raptors broadcast and nba tv feed said as much that they planned a box and one around ad where they would swarm him with doubles and triples to prevent the catch or make the pass hard because of how he had been scoring. The laker guards hit all their open looks with Austin, Russell, Dennis, and Rui feasting that game. And AD didn’t force through the triples instead he played defense and stayed engaged.

You made the statement AD always brings defense. Well at a certain point that should be looked at because it takes energy. He brought all th rebounds tonight too as he lacked help on the glass. Hell he was a positive when he was on the court and the coach benched him and Russell both in the third with momentum on their side and another coach in JVG asked out loud why do it. The coach burnt a timeout at the end of the game and another coach in jvg asked why and cited you take away a two for one, a lob play, and other options by taking that time out.

It’s not even a knock on Ham, AD or the players. They got shown two different cards the past two games with the box and ones and three trapping from the corners to see if the wings can hit shots. They overcame the box and one, but they failed this test. They also saw them struggle with two teams in the raptors and knicks who have multiple guys 6’8-6’10 because it becomes AD versus everyone big and the others need to help him on the glass.

The team can actually learn from these two games in terms of how to beat the gimmick defenses and feed AD in the paint when they aren’t allowed to simply throw it to him easily.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
TMG wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

No use rushing it.

You’re ranting and raving. JVG pointed out in the actual game that they were forcing AD to catch 20 feet out because Thibs game plan was pressure the guards and allow open 3s from the corners which Troy and Beasley got. You keep harping on being offended by who he has on him but ignore he’s a big and that means you have to deliver the big the ball. The knicks said Troy and Beasley we will give you 15 threes in exchange for AD not being allowed to post up or catch it in the paint except on the move. Anytime he got it in the paint was his own rebounding, an AR lob, and a Russell dump off. Troy and Beasley went 2-15 as the trade off for pushing AD out and trapping him. If they got 5-15 even this is a win.

The game before Nurse on the raptors broadcast and nba tv feed said as much that they planned a box and one around ad where they would swarm him with doubles and triples to prevent the catch or make the pass hard because of how he had been scoring. The laker guards hit all their open looks with Austin, Russell, Dennis, and Rui feasting that game. And AD didn’t force through the triples instead he played defense and stayed engaged.

You made the statement AD always brings defense. Well at a certain point that should be looked at because it takes energy. He brought all th rebounds tonight too as he lacked help on the glass. Hell he was a positive when he was on the court and the coach benched him and Russell both in the third with momentum on their side and another coach in JVG asked out loud why do it. The coach burnt a timeout at the end of the game and another coach in jvg asked why and cited you take away a two for one, a lob play, and other options by taking that time out.

It’s not even a knock on Ham, AD or the players. They got shown two different cards the past two games with the box and ones and three trapping from the corners to see if the wings can hit shots. They overcame the box and one, but they failed this test. They also saw them struggle with two teams in the raptors and knicks who have multiple guys 6’8-6’10 because it becomes AD versus everyone big and the others need to help him on the glass.

The team can actually learn from these two games in terms of how to beat the gimmick defenses and feed AD in the paint when they aren’t allowed to simply throw it to him easily.

Eh it is what it is. Im over it.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

AD played 37 mins.
DLO played 35 mins.

They went out in the 3rd quarter with 2 mins. remaining. They entered in the 4th, at 8:59
Those are 5 mins rest.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

That’s one thing…what about the others? Ham also keep Dlo/AD out too long and the same time, the announcers even called Ham out for that several times.

And to answer your question…it didn’t look as if the players had the instruction to foul immediately that’s why we think it wasn’t given as an instruction by the coach, but you do have a point on that one item, we don’t know if he told them or not. But there are many more items to consider as mentioned.

Schroeder answered this in the post game they did have instructions to foul they (bleep) it up
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

Schroeder answered this in the post game they did have instructions to foul they (bleep) it up

Not fouling at the end of the game shouldn't ever be a coacing problem. The players know what to do, every player should know what to do, they shouldn't even need the instructions
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Frustrating loss, but it was expected. The Knicks are really good, even without Brunson, and they mucked up the game and forced us to play slowdown basketball in the fourth quarter, which is something we're not good at.

Coach needs to find a counter to what the Knicks and Raptors did in these last two games to stop AD and limit his easy opportunities. Not all of that falls on AD, since his teammates need to get him the ball in his sweet spots.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Frustrating loss, but it was expected. The Knicks are really good, even without Brunson, and they mucked up the game and forced us to play slowdown basketball in the fourth quarter, which is something we're not good at.

Coach needs to find a counter to what the Knicks and Raptors did in these last two games to stop AD and limit his easy opportunities. Not all of that falls on AD, since his teammates need to get him the ball in his sweet spots.

I'm looking forward to the DLO/AD chemistry once they get a training camp under their belt
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I feel like the lack of a quality back up big I consider Wenyen Gabriel to be more of a power forward kind of reared its ugly head tonight with the rebounding they are offensive rebounded us to death

Not having Bamba hurt tonight not having a legit back up. Big hirt us tonight.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

It really doesnt matter as it really should have never came to that. The previous decisions where blantley obvious. When the majority of people that have NOOOO coaching experience ie people in this forum are saying the same thing and the announcers too, and the coach keeps making the sammmme blunders..thats a little problem.

Heck Rob had to take WB and Pat Bev away from him to stop him playing the small ball all guard line ups...that even the announcers once again were shaking their head at.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

This was a tough loss but honestly the Knicks played a great game

Hustling their asses off, their top guys Randle and Barrett were playing great, defense was very good. This is what happens when you play a super desperate team that doesn’t want to lose 4 games in a row.

Didn’t help that we couldn’t buy a three, we had plenty of open looks to put this one away. Not even mad.

Upcoming schedule should lighten up a bit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: