*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers (03/12/23 @ 6:00 pm PT) Gm#68 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
AD played 37 mins.
DLO played 35 mins.

They went out in the 3rd quarter with 2 mins. remaining. They entered in the 4th, at 8:59
Those are 5 mins rest.

Not in real time. In real time they spent 15 minutes out the game. He could have played them to end the third just to keep the momentum they had going. It’s not even killing him, it’s just a learning experience because if that was Phil, Odom off the bench or not, Kobe or Pau are out there in that spot.

It’s just fine tuning though. He can game plan for those zones an traps which will come in the playoffs. He can game plan for knowing when tv time outs happen too so he can rest around them like Phil did or Pop did. It’s Ham first playoff run so I’m trying to see how he adjusts to things.

Take Franky V for example in the bubble. He had in game adjustment problems, but when he scouted them he sealed the defensive holes up.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The fact that TBJ and Beasley were 2/15 on quality open 3s made Knicks even more less likely to single cover AD and Dlo, obviously even 2-3 of those go in, we would had a different game. Just a weird game all around.

Yep this was the issue. We were bricking open shots all game.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject:

One thing Ham definitely needs to change is the subbing out both stars at once. Why would you not have at least one of AD or D Lo on the court. At one point he had both of them out and had Rui out - you can’t bench all your scorers at once.

He has to figure that out.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
lakerican wrote:
AD played 37 mins.
DLO played 35 mins.

They went out in the 3rd quarter with 2 mins. remaining. They entered in the 4th, at 8:59
Those are 5 mins rest.

Not in real time. In real time they spent 15 minutes out the game. He could have played them to end the third just to keep the momentum they had going. It’s not even killing him, it’s just a learning experience because if that was Phil, Odom off the bench or not, Kobe or Pau are out there in that spot.

It’s just fine tuning though. He can game plan for those zones an traps which will come in the playoffs. He can game plan for knowing when tv time outs happen too so he can rest around them like Phil did or Pop did. It’s Ham first playoff run so I’m trying to see how he adjusts to things.

Take Franky V for example in the bubble. He had in game adjustment problems, but when he scouted them he sealed the defensive holes up.

15 minutes?? LOL!!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
lakerican wrote:
AD played 37 mins.
DLO played 35 mins.

Those are 5 mins rest.

15 minutes?? LOL!!

In real time they sat at the 1 hour and 50 minute mark of the game and entered right back in before 2 hour and 5 minute mark of the game when you include stoppages for free throws, timeouts, and commercials.

That matters. Phil spent a whole section of sacred hoops talking about how he used to stoppages to rest Michael and Scottie with his sub patterns. Phil call3d it a game within a game esp on national tv because he could could squeeze out 5-6 mins of rest at a time with stoppages while keeping his mpg of Michael and Scottie high
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

While his loss hurts because we are so close to reaching .500, the upcoming games against western conference teams are far more important.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

After going 19-19 from the charity stripe vs Toronto, the Lakers only shot 10-17 FTS (58.8%). That type of performance won't win you many games.
Going forward the Lakers will have to shoot better from the line than they did vs NYK.
These last 15 games are crucial and we can't afford too many more mistakes at this point.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Frustrating loss, but it was expected. The Knicks are really good, even without Brunson, and they mucked up the game and forced us to play slowdown basketball in the fourth quarter, which is something we're not good at.

Coach needs to find a counter to what the Knicks and Raptors did in these last two games to stop AD and limit his easy opportunities. Not all of that falls on AD, since his teammates need to get him the ball in his sweet spots.

I feel like the lack of a quality back up big I consider Wenyen Gabriel to be more of a power forward kind of reared its ugly head tonight with the rebounding they are offensive rebounded us to death

Not having Bamba hurt tonight not having a legit back up. Big hirt us tonight.

Polar, this is what I have been saying. We finally agree. Unless of course there is no BIG available that can outplay Gabriel in these situations.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Feel like they would have won this one if they had made the switch to put AD on Julius earlier. He's too big and forceful to be contained by Vando.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Frustrating loss, but it was expected. The Knicks are really good, even without Brunson, and they mucked up the game and forced us to play slowdown basketball in the fourth quarter, which is something we're not good at.

Coach needs to find a counter to what the Knicks and Raptors did in these last two games to stop AD and limit his easy opportunities. Not all of that falls on AD, since his teammates need to get him the ball in his sweet spots.

I feel like the lack of a quality back up big I consider Wenyen Gabriel to be more of a power forward kind of reared its ugly head tonight with the rebounding they are offensive rebounded us to death

Polar, this is what I have been saying. We finally agree. Unless of course there is no BIG available that can outplay Gabriel in these situations.

Dwight, Whiteside, Cousins .., the problem is everyone of them has attitude and character issues. Ham showed he can’t coach with characters in the locker room as we saw with Russ and Pat.

So we may need to either suck it up and gang rebound, pay for Ibaka, or hope someone returns early. I guess we can argue that the biggest lost we had was not getting Lebron to pull Love in here, but then again I don’t blame him after his last gm routine got so much heat. I think the Russ move failing is honestly why we don’t just reach to Klutch and Bron and get Tristen Thompson to come in for the interim to finish the year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Re-watching the game since I fell asleep the first time. This closing sequence is something else.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
We need a new coach. This (bleep) is disgusting !

Explain what the coach did wrong

Pulling Dlo too earlywhile hot in the 1st.
Leaving Beasley in too long while ice cold.
Recognizing TBJ didn't have it tonight and Rui did, and give minutes accordingly.
Telling team to absolutely foul after schro last score of game with 19 seconds left.

Exactly how do you know that he didn’t tell them to foul

That’s one thing…what about the others? Ham also keep Dlo/AD out too long and the same time, the announcers even called Ham out for that several times.

And to answer your question…it didn’t look as if the players had the instruction to foul immediately that’s why we think it wasn’t given as an instruction by the coach, but you do have a point on that one item, we don’t know if he told them or not. But there are many more items to consider as mentioned.

Schroeder answered this in the post game they did have instructions to foul they (bleep) it up

It really doesnt matter as it really should have never came to that. The previous decisions where blantley obvious. When the majority of people that have NOOOO coaching experience ie people in this forum are saying the same thing and the announcers too, and the coach keeps making the sammmme blunders..thats a little problem.

Heck Rob had to take WB and Pat Bev away from him to stop him playing the small ball all guard line ups...that even the announcers once again were shaking their head at.

(bleep) I give up you’re hopeless believe what you want
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 am    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I’m not quite sure what you mean by finally agree it’s been my position that we needed to fill that last spot with a big for at least two weeks now
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

Recognizing TBJ didn't have it tonight and Rui did, and give minutes accordingly.
Telling team to absolutely foul after schro last score of game with 19 seconds left.

That’s one thing…what about the others? Ham also keep Dlo/AD out too long and the same time, the announcers even called Ham out for that several times.

And to answer your question…it didn’t look as if the players had the instruction to foul immediately that’s why we think it wasn’t given as an instruction by the coach, but you do have a point on that one item, we don’t know if he told them or not. But there are many more items to consider as mentioned.

Schroeder answered this in the post game they did have instructions to foul they (bleep) it up

It really doesnt matter as it really should have never came to that. The previous decisions where blantley obvious. When the majority of people that have NOOOO coaching experience ie people in this forum are saying the same thing and the announcers too, and the coach keeps making the sammmme blunders..thats a little problem.

Heck Rob had to take WB and Pat Bev away from him to stop him playing the small ball all guard line ups...that even the announcers once again were shaking their head at.

Dude he has problem with adjustments and rotations. It is what it is...smh.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Feel like they would have won this one if they had made the switch to put AD on Julius earlier. He's too big and forceful to be contained by Vando.

Even an idiot knows that.

When I heard pre game we gonna have Vando guard Randle.

I knew he was gonna have a career night.

Vando is an elite perimeter defender and help defender.

You don’t put him full time on a strong interior player.

Does our stupid coach even watch the tapes of previous game?!! Wtf
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

Dude he has problem with adjustments and rotations. It is what it is...smh.

Don’t try to minimize his issues.

The dude has problem thinking straight period.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Is Lonnie Walker injured? Or just in the doghouse?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Looking back I'm happy we lost

One team wanted the win more and they proved it

One team wilted under pressure and has growing to do

Grow up and Manup or go home with the L

I'm a bit worried tbh. Too many things looked screwed up last night especially late game coaching decisions. We need wins not more teaching sessions
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: