DeAngelo or Kyrie or DS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as the Laker starting PG?
Dennis Schröder
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
DeAngelo Russell
70%
 70%  [ 75 ]
Kyrie Irving
17%
 17%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 106

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DLO at 20m is probably the way to go. I would let the market set his price. Go find someone and we will match if right. He has been available since summer and no one jumped.

That's not even FMV range. That's a few million more than Beasley's 16.5m option.

we know beasely is an overpay. If it were me I would offer dlo 22-25m with a team option on the final. I would rather him than Bron on this team. Team is way more fluid, he just has never shown that he can be that lead PG who elevates team.

If you actually feel that way and actually want him, a 22-25m/year deal will be laughed out of the room. You're dealing with CAA's Aaron Mintz here. Come with an actual FMV level offer (and Mintz knows that the Lakers have spent a 2027 FRP as part of the deal and can't get anywhere near a replacement for DLO if he leaves).

let someone offer him a big deal and maybe we will be given an opportunity to match. i personally don't think he will get one. maybe. By who? We can caveat the hell out of why he hasn't stuck on a team but that is his reality. I know everyone blew off when windhorst said not everyone likes playing with DLO ( likes him). I don't see any teams that would help him like the lakers.

Match? No, it doesn't work that way. DLO is a UFA. He could leave us for nothing and that's disastrous. If you don't know, you should google Lakers/Aaron Mintz + CAA. That stuff goes back a long way and I doubt they will throw us a bone. This could go south very quickly and the Lakers would be so screwed if they play around with this.
this whole agency thing is silly. i know that business and their job is to get the best offer. if someone wants to overpay for him then great. Dlo has the power to say where he wants to go. If there is a team that has signaled what they want to pay him lakers can throw their hat into the ring. You guys have zero idea of how an agent/talent relationship works if you think the agent holds all of the power.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DLO at 20m is probably the way to go. I would let the market set his price. Go find someone and we will match if right. He has been available since summer and no one jumped.

That's not even FMV range. That's a few million more than Beasley's 16.5m option.

we know beasely is an overpay. If it were me I would offer dlo 22-25m with a team option on the final. I would rather him than Bron on this team. Team is way more fluid, he just has never shown that he can be that lead PG who elevates team.

DLo is not dynamic enough to really carry a team especially when it matters. If you expect him to imposed his will , then you prepare him to fail because he does not have physical tools to be that kinda player. What we need from him is provide spacing and set up AD as a secondary playmaker. I believed 25 million is a good value but if Harden or Kyrie takes a paycut and take that $30 million , we should do that in a heartbeat.

If you think Harden/Ky will take $30m, hope to break it to you, you have very little feel for the market. Harden took a PAYCUT so the 76ers could sign Tucker. You think he's taking another paycut? Absolutely not. You know how much he makes now in his paycut year? $33m.

$25m for DLO is still too low. Aaron Mintz is going to have a field day with the Lakers on this one. Lakers can't let DLO go b/c they can't replace him. And if you're dreaming of a S&T situation, guess what, DLO has to agree to it. Mintz is going to be a tough nut to crack.

I see DLo as precursor like what Warriors did. He’s a liability comes playoff where matchups takes effect. You said the same about Schroder before and Lakers got rid of him. And Caruso was a key player and we also let him go.

And yes most players will take the most money route. That’s why I don’t see us keeping most of our players. And Jennie will not pay over $100 million either for penalty repeater taxes.

Last edited by CRoost on Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If you actually feel that way and actually want him, a 22-25m/year deal will be laughed out of the room. You're dealing with CAA's Aaron Mintz here. Come with an actual FMV level offer (and Mintz knows that the Lakers have spent a 2027 FRP as part of the deal and can't get anywhere near a replacement for DLO if he leaves).

let someone offer him a big deal and maybe we will be given an opportunity to match. i personally don't think he will get one. maybe. By who? We can caveat the hell out of why he hasn't stuck on a team but that is his reality. I know everyone blew off when windhorst said not everyone likes playing with DLO ( likes him). I don't see any teams that would help him like the lakers.

Match? No, it doesn't work that way. DLO is a UFA. He could leave us for nothing and that's disastrous. If you don't know, you should google Lakers/Aaron Mintz + CAA. That stuff goes back a long way and I doubt they will throw us a bone. This could go south very quickly and the Lakers would be so screwed if they play around with this.
this whole agency thing is silly. i know that business and their job is to get the best offer. if someone wants to overpay for him then great. Dlo has the power to say where he wants to go. If there is a team that has signaled what they want to pay him lakers can throw their hat into the ring. You guys have zero idea of how an agent/talent relationship works if you think the agent holds all of the power.

Ahh, it's so silly, until it's Klutch and then you're writing essays about LBJ/Klutch?

Lakers CANNOT let DLO just walk off for nothing. I think you are underplaying Mintz/CAA/Lakers. There is history there and of course it's DLO's call, but Mintz is going to hardball the Lakers. So to expect DLO to sign a 20m deal is showing us about how "you guys have zero idea of how an agent/talent relationship works."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

I dont think harden will take 30, i cant imagine a team offering KI any more than that. Cuban has leverage so maybe. If CP3 retires maybe there is a way, but who else?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If someone overpayed DLo then be it. Like I said , he’s not someone that can raise the ceiling for us. Our timeline is too short for player that can only raise the floor.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I dont think harden will take 30, i cant imagine a team offering KI any more than that. Cuban has leverage so maybe. If CP3 retires maybe there is a way, but who else?

I don’t he will but if he did, we will do that in a heartbeat. I think the Lakers
have more than that when they waive and renounce everyone sans AD, Lebron and Vando while Reaves also have minimal cap hold.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject:

I would take Harden over DLo but I wouldn't take Kyrie.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
We need to stop with the aging players. Harden is 33 turning 34. No thanks.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
We need to stop with the aging players. Harden is 33 turning 34. No thanks.

I'm happy with DLo as things stand, but these two injuries, the mysterious hip especially is a wakeup call so my mind is open for Harden if we can keep most of our depth.

If we can't then sure keep DLo

At least I know Harden won't go off on some random tangent.

And he's an LA dude so I've always had a soft spot for him.

I get that Westbrook was also an LA guy, but Harden seems more reasonable than either Westbrook or Kyrie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The Donald Sterling method of negotiating. Have we sunk that low?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

no. Different era. We cant clog up our resources with average guys. S&T him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You do understand if you are lowballing him at 20m, he's not going to agree to a S&T? He has all the say in this and can completely destroy any S&Ts.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You do understand if you are lowballing him at 20m, he's not going to agree to a S&T? He has all the say in this and can completely destroy any S&Ts.

I would go 25, but who else is out there for him? he was said to be available since summer. No one took the plunge. This is 5th stop. Not saying there isn't a team but lets not act like he is a hot commodity. Maybe Suns if CP3 retires, where else will he want to go? I have read here how happy he is to be back. At the end of the day it isn't my money, if they offer him 30, I hope it is worth it.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Sterling never paid guy that is not worth it. He marinates them
and sell them to highest bidder for more picks. His business model works but it’s very detrimental for building a winning team.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie isn't taking 30 because there will be a club around somewhere that will offer him more. A club with no talent on board and who Kyrie can dramatically increase gate revenue and playoff potential. Paying the max for that is cheap. So if you're harbouring ideas that Kyrie will come to us for 30 because nobody else will offer more than that, that's a pipe dream.

Harden took a cut most likely because he wants a ring. Kyrie already has a ring and always has the opinion that there are more important things in life than basketball (like money).

Kyrie will want the max, and hell no to that.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Woj - "Irving, who is in the final year of a deal that pays him $36.9 million, has been seeking in the neighborhood of a four-year, $198.5 million maximum extension available to him until June 30, sources said. If Irving is traded, he is eligible to sign a two-year, $78.6 million extension with his new team until June 30."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10064228-woj-kyrie-irving-wants-around-4-year-1985m-new-max-contract-amid-trade-rumors

Feb 5 2023. Yeah he's definitely gonna sign for 30. Uh-huh
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie would possibly be the worst option out there.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is definitely the worst option out there.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Harden would be dope

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Harden would be dope
OLD. We want to get younger.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:32 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Harden would be dope

Harden would be too expensive, and he's a liability in big playoff games, not to mention his age. Hard pass.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Harden teamed with Reaves would be a Foulapolooza every game, but hard pass for me too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:52 pm    Post subject:

its funny people want harden. Reasons for not wanting other players should apply to him

Quit on two teams
Huge postseason choker
zero defense
Post rox career hasn't made good teams better
stat padder
lacks effort frequently
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
its funny people want harden. Reasons for not wanting other players should apply to him

Quit on two teams
Huge postseason choker
zero defense
stat padder
lacks effort frequently

Don't want Harden either (we have to stop chasing old big names), but he's done a nice job at the 76ers (though the way Simmons left it was hard to be a disappointment there). His performance at Brooklyn was weird though :S
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quit on two teams
Huge postseason choker
zero defense
stat padder
lacks effort frequently

Don't want Harden either (we have to stop chasing old big names), but he's done a nice job at the 76ers (though the way Simmons left it was hard to be a disappointment there). His performance at Brooklyn was weird though :S

the worst thing IMHO was him quitting on the franchise that raised him. The ROX always gave him him guys.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: