DeAngelo or Kyrie or DS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as the Laker starting PG?
Dennis Schröder
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
DeAngelo Russell
70%
 70%  [ 75 ]
Kyrie Irving
17%
 17%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 106

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm saying if we are going the three star route... Harden to me is preferable to Kyrie, strictly because he's not insane

If Kyrie were sane then sure he's the best of the three.

My first choice is DLo with depth, though I admit it's a waste of money to pay him 30 million.

My second choice is Harden assuming we can keep some depth.

And my last choice is Kyrie.

I still wonder if LBJ and AD are tanking for that third star because their play is inexplicable to me to the point where it feels like sabotage.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I'm saying if we are going the three star route... Harden to me is preferable to Kyrie, strictly because he's not insane

My first choice is DLo with depth, though I admit it's a waste of money to pay him 30 million.

I still wonder if LBJ and AD are tanking for that third star because their play is inexplicable to me to the point where it feels like sabotage.

How are they tanking?

They went 8-5 without LBJ, which is one of the best "without LBJ" stats in his career.

They're what, 12-7 since the trade as opposed to being 25-31 before the trade? They're doing the opposite of sabotaging.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

This year depth is only temporary. We have 4 players that are basically playing on minimum that will look to cash out. Others are overpaid. We are much better situation after Westbrook but we made all the moves that made us flexible with different options.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

How are they tanking?

They went 8-5 without LBJ, which is one of the best "without LBJ" stats in his career.

They're what, 12-7 since the trade as opposed to being 25-31 before the trade? They're doing the opposite of sabotaging.

Again this is totally tin foil hat speculation, but Klutch and Bron wanted AD... the front office was dragging their feet... The team was winning, even beating Golden State then Bron gets one of his rare injuries and
the team goes down the drain and gets traded for AD.

Rob has the Hield trade lined up... AD and Bron are lobbying for Russ... suddenly the tide turns and Rob changes back to going for Russ.

Rob fails to get Kyrie... instead he lines up the Rui and DLo trades... the team does unexpectedly well... all of a sudden AD starts having weird off games after totally dominating... and Bron shows up unexpectedly against Chicago and the team goes down the drain when you would expect them to win.

We shall see what happens. Maybe Bron is just finally too old to play well... maybe he's still injured... maybe AD goes from being totally dominant early in the year to this odd state of being sporadically dominant and sporadically injured.

All I know is that Bron was balling before his injury... AD was dominating... and now suddenly they can't beat Chicago. (And yes, I get that Chicago is a good team right now)

If we end up keeping everyone and not trading for Kyrie or Harden... then I take back all my crazy rambling and apologize to them for thinking this... but on the other hand if we lose and everyone gets traded then I will think
something weird happened because as you said we are winning without them so they should be making things better not worse.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

How are they tanking?

Again this is totally tin foil hat speculation, but Klutch and Bron wanted AD... the front office was dragging their feet... The team was winning, even beating Golden State then Bron gets one of his rare injuries and

Rob has the Hield trade lined up... AD and Bron are lobbying for Russ... suddenly the tide turns and Rob changes back to going for Russ.

Rob fails to get Kyrie... instead he lines up the Rui and DLo trades... the team does unexpectedly well... all of a sudden AD starts having weird off games after totally dominating... and Bron shows up unexpectedly against Chicago and the team goes down the drain when you would expect them to win.

We shall see what happens. Maybe Bron is just finally too old to play well... maybe he's still injured... maybe AD goes from being totally dominant early in the year to this odd state of being sporadically dominant and sporadically injured.

All I know is that Bron was balling before his injury... AD was dominating... and now suddenly they can't beat Chicago. (And yes, I get that Chicago is a good team right now)

If we end up keeping everyone and not trading for Kyrie or Harden... then I take back all my crazy rambling and apologize to them for thinking this... but on the other hand if we lose and everyone gets traded then I will think
something weird happened because as you said we are winning without them so they should be making things better not worse.

wow.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

How are they tanking?

Lebron has a biological clock that's about to expire. I don't think he'd be di*king around sabotaging an entire season. If I believe an ounce of what you're saying, I'd be so disgusted of the Lakers that I wouldn't watch.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject:

@BIL: gawddamn…with story telling like that, I’m beginning to understand why you team #eScapeGoat 😜 Just f’n with you fam.

Seriously tho, why does dude continuously get outs with a certain group in our fanbase?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

How are they tanking?

Lebron has a biological clock that's about to expire. I don't think he'd be di*king around sabotaging an entire season. If I believe an ounce of what you're saying, I'd be so disgusted of the Lakers that I wouldn't watch.

There's nothing to believe... it's all tin foil hat speculation.

I just openly wondered why LBJ played so well until he broke the record, then suddenly he gets injured around the time when he wanted to trade for Kyrie in a similar manner as to when the team was doing well with the young kids... he gets injured and pressures the front office to trade for AD.

It was weird that Windhorst kept reporting that the Kyrie window hadn't closed even though the team was playing well for a change.

Is it beyond comprehension that a smart athlete could possibly try to out maneuver the front office for a third time for a third star?

I mean Ockham's razor, the simple answer is that he's just old and hurt.

The more interesting answer is he's playing 3D chess while Rob and Jeanie are playing checkers.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject:

Bron isnt sabotaging anything. He is old. Kyrie IMHO helps more than DLO next season. For the right dollar.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bron isnt sabotaging anything. He is old. Kyrie IMHO helps more than DLO next season. For the right dollar.

But if he's old, then should we be accommodating his wishes?

Let's see what happens.

If we end up with one of Kyrie, Harden, Draymond and Bron still is playing well next year... then maybe there's some truth to my crazy observations.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject:

I believe as LBJ ages, instead of trying to get another 3rd max star, you want maximum depth and young legs. That's the formula.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Let's see what happens.

If we end up with one of Kyrie, Harden, Draymond and Bron still is playing well next year... then maybe there's some truth to my crazy observations.

I don't know that he's for or against KI. he's just a better player than DLO. So if bron is going to be in street clothes for half a season and AD misses a lot of time, we need talent. At worst he's a train wreck which seems to vibe with the brand the last few years. At best he's motivated and can carry us for some time .
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Let's see what happens.

I don't know that he's for or against KI. he's just a better player than DLO. So if bron is going to be in street clothes for half a season and AD misses a lot of time, we need talent. At worst he's a train wreck which seems to vibe with the brand the last few years. At best he's motivated and can carry us for some time .

I have never denied Kyrie is a great player. When I thought our choice was between Kyrie and Russ... I wanted Kyrie.

However, now that Rob actually pulled off this miraculous trade, I'd rather keep the sane DLo and depth over the unpredictable Kyrie.

All I'm saying is I expected Bron and AD to get us through these last eight games and so far it feels like they are hurting us as much as helping.

That's why sabotage sprung into my cynical mind.

Hopefully I'm paranoid, and we keep our depth and we move into the future.

But if we end up with a third star and no depth again... yes, I will wonder how this happened.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Let's see what happens.

I have never denied Kyrie is a great player. When I thought our choice was between Kyrie and Russ... I wanted Kyrie.

However, now that Rob actually pulled off this miraculous trade, I'd rather keep the sane DLo and depth over the unpredictable Kyrie.

All I'm saying is I expected Bron and AD to get us through these last eight games and so far it feels like they are hurting us as much as helping.

But if we end up with a third star and no depth again... yes, I will wonder how this happened.

If dlo can be had at a good team friendly contract he’s the guy. But imho if it’s the same dollar I just think KI is better. It’s not like DLo has a track record of elevating teams
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Let's see what happens.

If dlo can be had at a good team friendly contract he’s the guy. But imho if it’s the same dollar I just think KI is better. It’s not like DLo has a track record of elevating teams

In my mind

Kyrie is worth around 30 million

DLo is worth around 20 million

Dennis and AR are worth around 12 million

At 20 million, Dlo is overvalued but once you already establish a high price it's hard to reverse it

I'd rather have DLo/AR/Dennis, than Kyrie who only shows up half the time and you cannot count on for the long term.

I forgive some of the crazy sh*t that comes out of Kyrie's mouth because I genuinely think the dude has mental issues.

Bron doesn't care about long term because he doesn't have a long term... so naturally he'd prefer Kyrie.

I wouldn't be shocked if they said to each other... "Man this Tsai brother is nuts... I'll make the Lakers trade for you and you make sure Cuban doesn't want to keep you and we can win next year"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In my mind

At 20 million, Dlo is overvalued but once you already establish a high price it's hard to reverse it

Yeah, if you bring your "values" to the table, you will never get these types of players. Ky wants a max deal, and when he plays, he can have that impact. Issue is he misses as much time as LBJ/AD over the past few years due to on-court/off-court issues.

DLO is making 30m now. Asking him, when the team is likely a non-salary cap team to take a 33% paycut is just not realistic.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
In my mind

Yeah, if you bring your "values" to the table, you will never get these types of players. Ky wants a max deal, and when he plays, he can have that impact. Issue is he misses as much time as LBJ/AD over the past few years due to on-court/off-court issues.

DLO is making 30m now. Asking him, when the team is likely a non-salary cap team to take a 33% paycut is just not realistic.

Oh, I'm not saying that's what he'll get... I'm saying that's about what I value them at assuming Kyrie actually plays.

In the same way I argued with you about Schroder... DLo at 30 million is not a tradeable contract.

So we are pretty much stuck with him and AD if we do that... but DLo is a better fit with AD, so I can live with it better than Schroder.

I value AR and Dennis the same because Dennis is more proven but obviously AR has more ceiling.

Again, I hope we can keep all three... but I was just telling the other guy around where I thought their value was, not what they would get.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
In my mind

Oh, I'm not saying that's what he'll get... I'm saying that's about what I value them at assuming Kyrie actually plays.

In the same way I argued with you about Schroder... DLo at 30 million is not a tradeable contract.

So we are pretty much stuck with him and AD if we do that... but DLo is a better fit with AD, so I can live with it better than Schroder.

I value AR and Dennis the same because Dennis is more proven but obviously AR has more ceiling.

Again, I hope we can keep all three... but I was just telling the other guy around where I thought their value was, not what they would get.

Dlo was just traded at 30m?

You are getting caught up with raw dollar amounts, and not thinking of salary cap %. DLO at 30m is probably the right value on the Lakers, who are sort of screwed if they don't re-sign him or worst case, S&T him. Either way they need to retain that asset. If you come at $20m, that's game over and he and CAA/Mintz may walk away and we have nothing to replace him.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
In my mind

Dlo was just traded at 30m?

You are getting caught up with raw dollar amounts, and not thinking of salary cap %. DLO at 30m is probably the right value on the Lakers, who are sort of screwed if they don't re-sign him or worst case, S&T him. Either way they need to retain that asset. If you come at $20m, that's game over and he and CAA/Mintz may walk away and we have nothing to replace him.

I'm not saying to come at him with 20 million. I was just saying what I thought they were worth.

Which is why I said, "In my mind".

I agree he will get more, doesn't change what I think he's worth.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

This did not age well. (77% for Russell as of now).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
This did not age well. (77% for Russell as of now).

Yikes, I forgot about this one. Maybe it needs to be refreshed, and add CP3 in there.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Good thing I just voted
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Everyone is a year older..D'Lo better work extra hard this summer.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I love when people dig up threads like this ill admit I fell for the hype for this bum but once I saw him in the play-in game and how the TWolves were roughing him up defensively I knew we were trouble. Easy to score against guys in the regular season who are playing pickup game level defense but when the playoffs start and the intensity/energy level on the defensive end gets cranked up, those BS floaters and his jump shot where he gets 2 inches off the ground weren’t going to work.

He seriously needs to hit the weight room this season.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Even at similar money, say 4 for $120 mil, I prefer DLO over Kyrie.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: