Jimmy Buckets could have been in P&G

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Buckets could have been in P&G

I know this doesn’t make anything better but I can’t help but think what might have been that summer we were strung along by Kawhi while the real warrior Jimmy Butler was there for the taking if only we had made the right choice. That guy has so much heart.

How many chips would we be working on now? 19? 20?

This is why every time I feel sorry for Kawhi I think about what he did and hope he never walks again. 👊
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Classy last sentence.

No Jimmy wasn't coming here. He decided on Miami before FA even opened. He wanted to raise his kids in Florida and he wanted to be #1. He's done that to a relatively high success level.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Classy last sentence.

No Jimmy wasn't coming here. He decided on Miami before FA even opened. He wanted to raise his kids in Florida and he wanted to be #1. He's done that to a relatively high success level.

There was one tweet from (I think) Marc Stein of all people that said the Lakers were trying to get a meeting with Butler. Nobody was ever considered but Miami. For some reason this is seen by some as a grave mistake we made. We should have forced him to sign here!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
2019 wrote:
Classy last sentence.

There was one tweet from (I think) Marc Stein of all people that said the Lakers were trying to get a meeting with Butler. Nobody was ever considered but Miami. For some reason this is seen by some as a grave mistake we made. We should have forced him to sign here!

But "we could have had Jimmy" sounds better.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
2019 wrote:
Classy last sentence.

But "we could have had Jimmy" sounds better.

Where does this notion that Jimmy wanted to sign with us, but we told him to wait for Kawhi’s decision from from then?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimmy Buckets could have been in P&G

dfchang813 wrote:
I know this doesn’t make anything better but I can’t help but think what might have been that summer we were strung along by Kawhi while the real warrior Jimmy Butler was there for the taking if only we had made the right choice. That guy has so much heart.

How many chips would we be working on now? 19? 20?

This is why every time I feel sorry for Kawhi I think about what he did and hope he never walks again. 👊

Quoted so you can’t delete it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: