In F’in Defensible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Lol Kobe would have posted his "you're soft" gif to his Twitter, I'd bet money on it

Right, if i remember correctly, it didn’t end well for Kobe. Maybe if MDA didn’t run him (or he ran himself) to the ground, he’d had a longer career. Sometimes is Better just listen to the doctors
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Lol Kobe would have posted his "you're soft" gif to his Twitter, I'd bet money on it

Right, if i remember correctly, it didn’t end well for Kobe. Maybe if MDA didn’t run him (or he ran himself) to the ground, he’d had a longer career. Sometimes is Better just listen to the doctors

I've been resisting making this point out of respect for Kobe, but he's essentially one of the reasons why you don't listen to players when they say "I'm good to go"
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

This is why it baffles me that people think we can build around AD when LeBron is done as an elite player. He’s barely even holding together right now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I mean there is a middle ground here. Kobe played through far worse injuries than AD has had. Him not sitting with AD's injuries isn't the same as saying AD should play through broken fingers and a bum shoulder.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
This is why it baffles me that people think we can build around AD when LeBron is done as an elite player. He’s barely even holding together right now.

Hmm I might flip that. LeBron is more elite and more reliable than AD, AD is the one who is done as an elite player. He can still be key to a championship team, but he's a big question mark and will continue to be one as he gets even older.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

This could be the loss that comes back and bites us in the you know what. Houston's got bottom 3 secured so they could afford to win so they just went out and have fun win or lose doesn't matter but the Lakers are always pressured to win every remaining game this season.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Kobe would just show you 5 rings. This generation man..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Doctors call. Fans have to deal with it

If thats the case why not get a 10 day contract for a center? This is crazy....also he need to be traded. He just injury prone..he need to go..it is what it is.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Yeah, maybe he could’ve shown me 7 if he wasn’t ran into the ground
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JustaObserver wrote:
drae wrote:

If thats the case why not get a 10 day contract for a center? .

I'm not defending THAT decision xD Just the one for AD not to play
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JustaObserver wrote:
drae wrote:

If thats the case why not get a 10 day contract for a center? This is crazy....also he need to be traded. He just injury prone..he need to go..it is what it is.

You have to ask the FO about that.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I hate that I’ve been getting invested in this team since the trade deadline. There’s so much potential but… ugh! Wasted opportunities
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I mean there is a middle ground here. Kobe played through far worse injuries than AD has had. Him not sitting with AD's injuries isn't the same as saying AD should play through broken fingers and a bum shoulder.

If Kobe had a stress reaction in his foot, he’d listen to his doctors. AD has a bone spur in his foot and it can be season ending with too much stress. Just deal with it.
If you are frustrated, aim those at FO who didn’t sign a big guy given the circumstances
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
drae wrote:

But its obvi to everyone..... What you want me to ask the "Brain Trust" of Linda/Rambo/Kernal Sanders and Linda/Rob? smh I hope we trade LeGM and AD over the summer. I dont want them here and the incoming future trash play of Draymond Green...couph Klutch client.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
drae wrote:

But its obvi to everyone..... What you want me to ask the "Brain Trust" of Linda/Rambo/Kernal Sanders and Linda/Rob? smh I hope we trade LeGM and AD over the summer. I dont want them here and the incoming future trash play of Draymond Green...couph Klutch client.

Good, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
We lost no ground tonight.

We’re also playing for a 9/10 seed. We’re a lock to make it. No one below us is playing well and Dallas is crumbling.

We will for sure finish at worst 9/10. Still have a great shot at 7/8.

Think this was the right call. Honestly, looking ah the Rockets team, shouldn’t we have been able to beat them without AD/Bron? We played poor lineups and ok ball and still only lost by 3.

9/10 is pretty bad though, not sure I trust this team to win what are essentially two game 7s given how bad Ham is as a coach and AD and Bron on life support.

Whereas you win tonight and you have a decent shot at the 6 seed and can prep for round 1.

I see what you're saying, but for me that 4th 5th 6th seed all were available so many times this season that to now have to risk AD's longterm health over it, makes less sense.

People say Kobe. Ok, yeah man. I am so grateful for that dude's dediction. But he probably shortened his career by a good 3-4 years by his mentality. AD is already not on Kobe's level in terms of health. We already know his past/present. Clearly doctors feel it's a risk to do B2Bs.

Why we want him to ignore the advice from doctors to try and get half a game up in a situation where anyway we're relying a lot on other team's suckage.

Plus, I think we should have won tonight with better lineups and play, although certainly the team wasn't healthy (and it was a B2B).

Overall I am very pleased with this team since the WB trade. I expect us to win at least 60% of our remaining games. That should put us at 41-41, That's going to be a 8th, 9th or 10th seed easily. If we play like we have been, we're a lock to get into the play ins. And if we're really a playoff team, there should be no excuse to lose to teams like Minneosota, Dallas etc. who will be the teams we have to beat.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

If Kobe had a stress reaction in his foot, he’d listen to his doctors. AD has a bone spur in his foot and it can be season ending with too much stress. Just deal with it.
If you are frustrated, aim those at FO who didn’t sign a big guy given the circumstances

Well for one, I do primarily blame the FO and coach for not preparing properly knowing we will be missing AD. Second, we already know what Kobe would do if he had an injury that wasn't painful. Third, I'll respect the doc's decision in the end, however the communication here has been pretty terrible IMO and the preparation for it even worse.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

We’re also playing for a 9/10 seed. We’re a lock to make it. No one below us is playing well and Dallas is crumbling.

Think this was the right call. Honestly, looking ah the Rockets team, shouldn’t we have been able to beat them without AD/Bron? We played poor lineups and ok ball and still only lost by 3.

Yea...had we signed Cousins and started his ass, we would have won and it would have been an easy double digits win. End of story
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

9/10 is pretty bad though, not sure I trust this team to win what are essentially two game 7s given how bad Ham is as a coach and AD and Bron on life support.

Whereas you win tonight and you have a decent shot at the 6 seed and can prep for round 1.

I see what you're saying, but for me that 4th 5th 6th seed all were available so many times this season that to now have to risk AD's longterm health over it, makes less sense.

People say Kobe. Ok, yeah man. I am so grateful for that dude's dediction. But he probably shortened his career by a good 3-4 years by his mentality. AD is already not on Kobe's level in terms of health. We already know his past/present. Clearly doctors feel it's a risk to do B2Bs.

Why we want him to ignore the advice from doctors to try and get half a game up in a situation where anyway we're relying a lot on other team's. Plus, I think we should have won tonight with better lineups, although certainly the team wasn't healthy (and it was a B2B).

Overall I am very pleased with this team since the WB trade. I expect us to win at least 60% of our remaining games. That should put us at 41-41, That's going to be a 8th, 9th or 10th seed easily.

Yeah, pretty clear 8/9/10 is what we can hope for now. I'm done rooting for more than that, it's exhausting with this squad.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yea...had we signed Cousins and started his ass, we would have won and it would have been an easy double digits win. End of story

We have no idea that signing a player who is not in the league to play 15 minutes would change the outcome. Easily the switch could have been flipped. We may have been able to win tonight, and have lost last night. We caught the Pels on a very bad night. We've had a lot of fortune as well. I know many want the team to run the table and be a powerhouse, but realistically we probably need a little more talent to do that, and more health from Lebron.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
drae wrote:

This is the real problem.

AD has an injury - fine, but to not equip the team with another big with Bamba out is absurd. Absolute malpractice, Pelinka is not that stupid which again means it had to be $$$$$$.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

The Kobe references are funny.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hmm I might flip that. LeBron is more elite and more reliable than AD, AD is the one who is done as an elite player. He can still be key to a championship team, but he's a big question mark and will continue to be one as he gets even older.

AD has the most 30 and 15 games of any player this year, more than Giannis, Embid, or Jokic.

AD has anchored the best defensive team in basketball since the break.

AD leads the league in second chance points and offensive rebounding but doesn’t lead his own team in attempts per game.

By average AD is the best rebounder in the nba. ( better than Jokic, Freak, Sabonis, and Embid)

By average AD is sixth in blocks (better than Embid)

By average he is 16th in field goal percentage.

He’s pretty damn elite and the best two way player in the league. No other player, especially big is asked to do what he does defensively, on the glass, and then scoring too while being his teams second option offensively while averaging 26
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Yeah, maybe he could’ve shown me 7 if he wasn’t ran into the ground

If he listened to your advice he would only have 2-3 rings. I can break down the injuries he had and played with where we won championships.

Show up or your not a Laker.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

This team hasn’t respected winning fora while. Bron sitting games we weren’t supposed to win on paper. AD with seemingly no issues sitting a game where he probably tip the scales.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: