Ham Still Starting Beasley over Reaves…Lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Close the thread!

Let’s see Ham continue to do this when Lebron comes back first.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to dislike Beasley

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Malik lost his job
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I was wrong, I thought Ham would not make the change this season but good job Ham. That and his plan to start the game with Vanderbilt on Booker. Maybe there's some hope for Ham
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Half the people on LG can make better lineups than ham
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Close the thread!

I hope not Reeves is the type of player that plays very well with LeBron James
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Close the thread!

Completely agree. But this is Ham we are talking about. He definitely has a “his boys club” type of mentality.

DLO
Reaves
Vando
Lebron
AD

This lineup brings fear and if healthy, would be scary as hell come playoff time….if uhh…it happens anyway.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Close the thread!

Completely agree. But this is Ham we are talking about. He definitely has a “his boys club” type of mentality.

DLO
Reaves
Vando
Lebron
AD

This lineup brings fear and if healthy, would be scary as hell come playoff time….if uhh…it happens anyway.

With Dennis coming off the bench too. I love the top 6 guys. Brown and Wenyen I like and hopefully Beasley gets his mojo back.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Absolutely. Me and my father go back and forth on conversations with this, and all the changes that Ham made like Reaves now being a starter, is (bleep) we said together for the past two (bleep) months…at least.

And since Ham is an idiot at Xs and Os as well, literally any sensible LG poster could coach this team better than Ham.

Except VLF of course. He would be worse.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

He should have never had that job in the first place. It wasn’t his to begin with. I literally said this after the trade deadline that Beasley was a volume scoring shooter that should be treated like Lou Williams/Jordan Clarkson.

Dude is not a starting player. You let him have more freedom with the 2nd unit, with other bench players setting him up for screens or getting him good looks as long as he’s moving without the ball.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

He should have never had that job in the first place. It wasn’t his to begin with. I literally said this after the trade deadline that Beasley was a volume scoring shooter that should be treated like Lou Williams/Jordan Clarkson.

Dude is not a starting player. You let him have more freedom with the 2nd unit, with other bench players setting him up for screens or getting him good looks as long as he’s moving without the ball.

It is not the worst thing in the world, when Lebron comes back, that Beasley still start.

Russell
Beasley
Brown or Vando depending on matchup
Lebron
AD

And have Reave come off the bench as sixth man like Manu role on the spurs.

Have Lebron and Russell and Reaves, 3 play makers in the starting lineup might be a bit of a waste.

And Lebron really shines with as many shooter around him.
Reaves shoots open 3 pretty well too, but in a Lebron centric lineup, his value might not that much higher than Beasley.

Where as a sixth man, he could create havoc and make plays for the second units.

Though given we have Ham as coach, he might again make Schroder sixth man, and shorten Reaves minute to under 25.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

It is not the worst thing in the world, when Lebron comes back, that Beasley still start.

Russell
Beasley
Lebron
AD

Have Lebron and Russell and Reaves, 3 play makers in the starting lineup might be a bit of a waste.

Reaves shoots open 3 pretty well too, but in a Lebron centric lineup, his value might not that much higher than Beasley.

Where as a sixth man, he could create havoc and make plays for the second units.

Though given we have Ham as coach, he might again make Schroder sixth man, and shorten Reaves minute to under 25.

Is this Ham’s account? Hi Ham! I just wanted to let you know, you’re another Byron Scott/Luke Walton!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

Russell
Beasley
Lebron
AD

Is this Ham’s account? Hi Ham! I just wanted to let you know, you’re another Byron Scott/Luke Walton!

lol dude, I am just saying with Lebron back, we can afford to move Reaves to the bench as sixth man to give the bench more play making.

And just in case Ham does the 5 for 5 rotation where the bench unit is on the court with no playmaker.

Though I would still prefer to have Reaves play 30+ minutes and close out games.

Btw I am the biggest Ham hater on this forum lol
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

Russell
Beasley
Lebron
AD

lol dude, I am just saying with Lebron back, we can afford to move Reaves to the bench as sixth man to give the bench more play making.

And just in case Ham does the 5 for 5 rotation where the bench unit is on the court with no playmaker.

Though I would still prefer to have Reaves play 30+ minutes and close out games.

Too much variance in Beasley's game. Austin will almost always be a net positive. Beasley will either be a huge positive or absolute dog trash. I would prefer him on the bench to see what his condition is. If he is good, then we can always give him more minutes. If he is dog trash, then give Austin 35+ minutes
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Malik's inconsistencies are meant for the bench.

If only Malik Beasley was Malik Monk instead.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Oh god man, I wish we had Monk back. Unfortunately we gave Nunn that two year, 2nd year team option instead of him.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Malik lost his job

Russell
Beasley
Lebron
AD

Too much variance in Beasley's game. Austin will almost always be a net positive. Beasley will either be a huge positive or absolute dog trash. I would prefer him on the bench to see what his condition is. If he is good, then we can always give him more minutes. If he is dog trash, then give Austin 35+ minutes

Yah I understand, but I think the reason he is so inconsistent right now.
Is because he is not getting great looks.

The dude is a pure role player, he is not gonna create for you like Reaves.

Without Lebron in the lineup, his effectiveness is hurt the most.

And add in the fact we have a dumb coach with poor offensive system that cant consistently give Beasley good looks without Lebron.

I think Beasley will be really deadly wit Lebron on the court, Lebron turn average 3 point shooting role players into like all stars.

Though I am perfectly fine with Reaves starting over Beasley, but I just don’t trust Ham to stagger our play maker minute correctly.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Beasley was 2/5 from the 3 tonight. I think he will be a useful piece especially when lebron comes back.
Monk is inconsistent just like him, so is Buddy. Literally every shooter is streaky to a degree. He is not getting good looks on top of that. However, teams can’t leave him open no matter no cold he is. This provides spacing
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Beasley was 2/5 from the 3 tonight. I think he will be a useful piece especially when lebron comes back.
Monk is inconsistent just like him, so is Buddy. Literally every shooter is streaky to a degree. He is not getting good looks on top of that. However, teams can’t leave him open no matter no cold he is. This provides spacing

Which is also his fault for standing either from near half court, or in a corner doing nothing, instead of moving without the ball.

Someone needs to tell him to take a page from Kyle Korver already and move (bleep) it.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He won't be providing much space being ice cold. He's not steph
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

AR should keep starting when Bron gets back. He's bigger and much better defender than Malik too. DLo, AR, Bron, Vando and AD starting line up has pretty good size not to mention the defensive versatility of Vando and AD. DS as 6th man with one of Bron, DLo, AR can always be on the floor together to ensure we have multiple playmakers.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He won't be providing much space being ice cold. He's not steph

He has been ice cold, did you see teams leave him open during this span? The threat is there
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Which is also his fault for standing either from near half court, or in a corner doing nothing, instead of moving without the ball.

Someone needs to tell him to take a page from Kyle Korver already and move (bleep) it.

Lakers have no set plays for those yet,
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
AR should keep starting when Bron gets back. He's bigger and much better defender than Malik too. DLo, AR, Bron, Vando and AD starting line up has pretty good size not to mention the defensive versatility of Vando and AD. DS as 6th man with one of Bron, DLo, AR can always be on the floor together to ensure we have multiple playmakers.

At this point, starting AR is like spurs start Manu, I believe when lebron comes back, AR would be most effective coming off the bench
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:48 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Yep, Lakers are to begin the interview process
of LG posters.

It’s a well known fact there are top level basketball
experts right here.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: