Is Austin Reaves Heading for an Arenas Rule Showdown with the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
LaxT wrote:
It was well reported that the Raptors offered FRP for THT. The team knew they had two FAs and could keep only one due to tax. Instead of FRP and Caruso, the team ended up with THT who turned into Bamba whose team option will likely not be exercised. Lack of planning ahead.

Trades before the deadline shows the FO finally learns the importance of acting ahead and having options.

As to Reaves, he was undrafted, signed a two-way contract, played well, and had his two-way converted to a standard contract in training camp. I am not sure the team had enough space left to sign him to a three-year contract. I thought Nunn took the full TPMLE.

Because they would need to use part of the MLE to sign, for example, Max Christie, to a three-year contract, they probably thought full MLE gave them a better chance to sign the best FA available. In this example, Lonnie Walker. You could argue with the result, but I think the logic is sound.

Wow, that's backward. They wanted a first WITH Horton-Tucker, not for. Not blaming you, was poorly reported by many

Em, not saying your sources are incorrect bro, but I believe @LT was referring to this report from Dave McMenamin.

It was supposedly Birch & FRP for THT. Toronto did end up sending those principles in a package (2024 FRP being top 6 protected) for Poetl at this past trade deadline.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/toronto-raptors-nearly-traded-for-los-angeles-lakers-talen-horton-tucker-at-trade-deadline
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I can't speak to any reports but I'm telling you what's accurate. The Raptors weren't giving a first for THT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: