Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have a good chance at winning it all as anyone else if they make the playoffs. Lebron will be rested by then. If Lebron makes it into the playoffs you get a punchers chance. If AD wakes up we are scary. Add DLO and Reaves and if I were another team I definitely wouldn't want to face us in a 7 game series.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Just what we already know & you couldn’t put this in the Ham thread amongst other complaints!?!?

It's a classic case of someone thinking their generic piss-and-moan post is so unique and special it simply MUST have its own thread so it doesn't get lost among all the other generic piss-and-moan posts.

OP has been active the last few days on a Ham and Cheese kick 😂

I didn’t start watching this season until we traded Westbrick.

Had I start watching earlier, I would knew earlier that Ham is as bad as Westbrick.

It is amazing we won games with both of them

That's so?

Then how do you explain this

best defense last 15 games

when Ham is so "clueless". Maybe the one clueless is you.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Prediction: LAKERS IN 6

Let's (bleep) go!!!!!!!!!!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball)

People complain about Nash, Walton, Bryon Scott, and they were all horrible coaches.

I do think coaches make a difference, but not as dramatic as people think. Winning has a lot more to do with the players than the coaches. When Walton was the interim head coach for the Warriors when Kerr was absent from the team he had a crazy winning percentage, a higher winning percentage than Kerr. And Kerr was also 15-50 when he lost Steph and Klay to injury.

Every NBA fan forum has threads bashing the head coach. Fan bases are never happy with what they have except when the team wins a championship. Even Phil was not exempt. Bucks fans wanted Budenholzer fired until he won a ring. And now that it's been a while since they won if you go to a Bucks forum you'll find people complaining about his coaching again. Nick Nurse is considered one of the best coaches in the league but Raptors fans slam him too.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball)

People complain about Nash, Walton, Bryon Scott, and they were all horrible coaches.

I do think coaches make a difference, but not as dramatic as people think. Winning has a lot more to do with the players than the coaches. When Walton was the interim head coach for the Warriors when Kerr was absent from the team he had a crazy winning percentage, a higher winning percentage than Kerr. And Kerr was also 15-50 when he lost Steph and Klay to injury.

Every NBA fan forum has threads bashing the head coach. Fan bases are never happy with what they have except when the team wins a championship. Even Phil was not exempt. Bucks fans wanted Budenholzer fired until he won a ring. And now that it's been a while since they won if you go to a Bucks forum you'll find people complaining about his coaching again. Nick Nurse is considered one of the best coaches in the league but Raptors fans slam him too.

I do agree with you.
You made a super good point that super star run this league.
your commend do give me some hope.
I am really hoping that when Lebron is back, that the Lebron can take over and erase any Ham deficiency

Lebron did beat like Toronto almost all by himself in a series.

though now that Lebron is older, I am not sure if his super star impact can will us to victory like before.

And that our team is very balanced now, to fully utilize our strength, we need role player to shine and have a good CONSISTENT system to utilize their strength.

You made a good point that Walton was successful on the Warrior team that already had a system in place, all he had to do was get out of the way, and let the player do their thing.

But Ham likes to get cute with his lineups and rotations.

He doesnt seem to have the self awareness to just get out of the way and put his best players in the position to succeed.

Hopefully with Lebron back, that will change, I am still hoping.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

Ty Lue is currently getting slammed on the Clipper subreddit and I think he's doing a much better job than Doc :S
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Would you rather be right and the Lakers lose?
Or wrong and the Lakers win?

If you ever spend time reading other team's message boards it will strike you how they all say the same stuff about their coach. Evidently all the team's in the league are coached by complete morons while the real basketball geniuses are all typing away on Internet forums.

yes I do read other forums.

I know that Clippers fan complain about Lue.
Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball) but he has made mistakes in the past as well, and the fact the Warrior lost the championship that year after going up 3-1, Lue actually outcoached him in the last 2 games.

But regardless, just because other fans complain about their head coach, doesnt mean I am wrong about Ham, and you shouldnt base off that fact to make yourself feel good about Ham.

that is some generalization argument fallacy.

No one is perfect, but you need to see the general complaints.
Most of the complaints about Ham is not just one specific thing he is bad at.
He is pretty much clueless on everything, pretty much on par with Nash.

The only thing Ham is good at is being a good motivator.
That is it.

Even Ham defender cant point out to me anything else he is good at.

Like at the end of day, fans do complain.

but a lot of them are reactionary to a bad L.

Most of us consistently think Ham is an idiot even in W.
There is something wrong here.

you need to wake up and take off your Ham loving glasses.

I'm not sure what you do for a living but since you're at such an advanced level you honestly should try NBA coaching. It pays millions and you keep the money even if you get fired. You would likely shoot up the ranks pretty quickly given your acumen. I mean think about it, Darvin Ham played basketball his entire life and played for Texas Tech and then fought his way onto an NBA roster and stayed in the league for nearly a decade (as a total dummy!) and then got a job as an Assistant Coach (not even knowing the rules of the game!) and became one of the most respected ACs in basketball and worked his way up the ranks for three different franchises until becoming the top assistant for the best team in the league and then got a head coaching position and all this time he hasn't learned a thing. Just think what you could achieve!

Dude Steve Nash has better credentials. And he stinks as a NBA coach.

I don’t have to be an NBA lvl coach to know Ham is not a fit for head coach in NBA.

That is a stupid argument.

Lol

Do I have to be a singer myself to know that some songs are just horrible?

You sound like Ham.

Do you have anything to offer in terms of analysis? All you do is call him names. Maybe every now and then a vague critique of “rotations” without every offering anything concrete and never taking into consideration any of the things an actual coach has to consider. Maybe if you want to be taken seriously take it easy on the playground name calling and start showing us that massive intellect of yours. We’re waiting.

I can make a huge list, which I have done before in comments.
but before we go there.

https://ibb.co/tB6Trm6

who in their right mind would put out this lineup as bad as this over and over again in the season...

Westbrook
Beverly
Reaves (sometimes Nunn which is even worst)
Schroder
and no defensive center

we could be 5 or 6 more wins now had Ham not been so trash.
just tell me why would someone do something like that?
please explain how someone who does this is not a moron for a NBA head coach standard.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Just what we already know & you couldn’t put this in the Ham thread amongst other complaints!?!?

It's a classic case of someone thinking their generic piss-and-moan post is so unique and special it simply MUST have its own thread so it doesn't get lost among all the other generic piss-and-moan posts.

OP has been active the last few days on a Ham and Cheese kick 😂

I didn’t start watching this season until we traded Westbrick.

Had I start watching earlier, I would knew earlier that Ham is as bad as Westbrick.

It is amazing we won games with both of them

I'm bowing out of this one. I don't want to support posters who start ego threads instead of just putting their comments in the standing threads where they belong.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If you ever spend time reading other team's message boards it will strike you how they all say the same stuff about their coach. Evidently all the team's in the league are coached by complete morons while the real basketball geniuses are all typing away on Internet forums.

Figures, fans don't understand the game to evaluate what a coach brings to the table, and 80% of it is behind closed doors anyway. It's rare you have a Byron Scott case where the guy who is so self-evidently bad that the entire world can agree on it. So many narratives on coaches randomly flip depending on their success which is often a function of injuries and roster construction and other things beyond the coach's control.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball) but he has made mistakes in the past as well, and the fact the Warrior lost the championship that year after going up 3-1, Lue actually outcoached him in the last 2 games.

But regardless, just because other fans complain about their head coach, doesnt mean I am wrong about Ham, and you shouldnt base off that fact to make yourself feel good about Ham.

That is it.

I'm not sure what you do for a living but since you're at such an advanced level you honestly should try NBA coaching. It pays millions and you keep the money even if you get fired. You would likely shoot up the ranks pretty quickly given your acumen. I mean think about it, Darvin Ham played basketball his entire life and played for Texas Tech and then fought his way onto an NBA roster and stayed in the league for nearly a decade (as a total dummy!) and then got a job as an Assistant Coach (not even knowing the rules of the game!) and became one of the most respected ACs in basketball and worked his way up the ranks for three different franchises until becoming the top assistant for the best team in the league and then got a head coaching position and all this time he hasn't learned a thing. Just think what you could achieve!

I don’t have to be an NBA lvl coach to know Ham is not a fit for head coach in NBA.

Lol

You sound like Ham.

Do you have anything to offer in terms of analysis? All you do is call him names. Maybe every now and then a vague critique of “rotations” without every offering anything concrete and never taking into consideration any of the things an actual coach has to consider. Maybe if you want to be taken seriously take it easy on the playground name calling and start showing us that massive intellect of yours. We’re waiting.

but before we go there.

who in their right mind would put out this lineup as bad as this over and over again in the season...

Westbrook
Beverly
Schroder
and no defensive center

please explain how someone who does this is not a moron for a NBA head coach standard.

We didn’t have a defensive center to play in that game. He was handed a roster that didn’t make any sense and then injuries hit on top of that. Look how many small guards got minutes in that game and then consider that we had another two small guards that got DNPs. Does that sound like a balanced roster to you? If you supply a coach with a roster filled to the brim with small guards you’re going to have a number of lineups that aren’t ideal. Have you bothered to consider this? Have you noticed since the trade deadline we haven’t seen those kinds of lineups very much? Have you noticed that our terrible coach has us at a #1 Defense now that he has decent talent that can play their proper positions? This is an accident?

Anyway, I’m bowled over by the specifics (one lineup you didn’t like that barely played and then back to name calling). You’re demonstrating a grasp of the ins and outs of the game that is truly staggering.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject:

^^^^

You left out the best part. We won that game.

Anyway, I don't want to go too deep into this stuff. I understand that some people have legitimate issues with Ham. I also understand that some people are going to beat up on the coach when we're losing. That's just part of the job for a coach, and it's normal behavior by fans. I've got no issues with any of those people.

But then we have a few nutters who act like a cult of Ham bashing. I like to think that this is just a social media phenomenon. Social media can mess with your mind. Sometimes, you just need to reset. I did this once myself.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That is it.

Lol

You sound like Ham.

but before we go there.

Westbrook
Beverly
Schroder
and no defensive center

We didn’t have a defensive center to play in that game. He was handed a roster that didn’t make any sense and then injuries hit on top of that. Look how many small guards got minutes in that game and then consider that we had another two small guards that got DNPs. Does that sound like a balanced roster to you? If you supply a coach with a roster filled to the brim with small guards you’re going to have a number of lineups that aren’t ideal. Have you bothered to consider this? Have you noticed since the trade deadline we haven’t seen those kinds of lineups very much? Have you noticed that our terrible coach has us at a #1 Defense now that he has decent talent that can play their proper positions? This is an accident?

Anyway, I’m bowled over by the specifics (one lineup you didn’t like that barely played and then back to name calling). You’re demonstrating a grasp of the ins and outs of the game that is truly staggering.

Wow you actually tried to justify that crap.
No we did have other players available.

There was no need to play 4 smallest guards at the same time whatsoever.
Minutes could be staggered.
The roster was a bad fit with Westbrick, but Ham made it even worst by putting out the worst possible lineup out of an already bad roster.

Ham is still running our 3 smallest guards lineup
Schroder, Reaves and Russell.

We just traded away other small guards that he can’t go smaller than that

It is like he is allergic to height.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Alright what the hell, I'll waste some more of my time.

Since you assure me there were other players available let's find them.

Thomas Bryant is out because you're against playing a non-defensive C. Our other available C in that game was Wenyen Gabriel who is 6'9. You also had Damian Jones I guess and if you're advocating we should have played him I doubt you watched much of him this season. He was a disaster and will likely be out of the league next year.

So that's a single 6'9 C if you want to be generous and call Wenyen a defensive center. Outside of LeBron and Wenyen (and TB who you don't want to play), what's your guess for how many players above 6'6 we had available that game? If you answered "zero" you win. The entire rest of the team was short guards. So unless Wenyen, a 6'9 C, is expected to play the entire game I'm not sure how you're going to put together an entire game worth of lineups that don't feature multiple guards because that's almost entirely what the team was comprised of.

There were 13 Lakers available to play that game and 9 of them were 6'6 or shorter and 1 of them was freaking Damian Jones. I get that it's frustrating to see these lineups that are set up to fail. There are people to blame for that situation being what it was but Darvin Ham didn't put the team together.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year

Nonamehero wrote:
this year is such a golden opportunity for us.
with top contenders all falling due to injuries
Clippers with PG out
Dallas with Doncic hobbled
Phoenix Durant out
Warrior with Wiggin in some weird personal matter
Grizzlies with Morant being a moron
The West is wild open

I firmly believe we are the best team in the West right now when Lebron gets back even like 80 - 90%.

However if we are in the playin at like 9 or 10th seed.
I just have a hard time believing Ham can have a consistent strategy to win 2 straight playin games.

if we do, it is going to be super close and despite of him being out coached.

and in the first round of the playoff, if against Denver, we actually have a good matchup.

but Ham will make Mike Malone looks like hall of fame coach.
Ham will probably contribute 2 wins for Denver with either bone head lineup, substitution.

so in reality, our team would need to win like 4 out of 5 to have a shot.
It is super disappointing knowing this will happen.

but I have seen zero adjustment from the meathead.

I really hope we get rid of him this summer.

Did the petition thread fail so you felt the need to start a new one?

Darvin ham is a first year head coach who has made some mistakes, but also kept his team, playing hard despite the Westbrook debacle and injuries to mini key players to the course of the season

What I find interesting is the hate even though ham has incorporated a lot of things that posters wanted to see

They wanted Reeves on the court more he is
They wanted Anthony Davis, and Gabriel to play together. They are.

Those were specific critiques that I saw about lineups and rotations. It took him a while to work his way back around to them, but he did.

Let’s not forget this whole team is supposed to be central around LeBron James, who has been out for weeks and yet the team keeps winning

If you don’t want to give the coach any credit for any of that that’s fine, but calling them out in a specific thread after you sound like you’ve had one too many to drink is laughable
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm cracking up with this back and forth. Entertainment.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Where is the POLL?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That is it.

Lol

You sound like Ham.

but before we go there.

Westbrook
Beverly
Schroder
and no defensive center

There was no need to play 4 smallest guards at the same time whatsoever.
Minutes could be staggered.
The roster was a bad fit with Westbrick, but Ham made it even worst by putting out the worst possible lineup out of an already bad roster.

Ham is still running our 3 smallest guards lineup
Schroder, Reaves and Russell.

We just traded away other small guards that he can’t go smaller than that

It is like he is allergic to height.

Yes, that’s why he started playing Anthony Davis and Gabriel together. He hates bigs
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

You should just delete this thread Darvin ham isn’t going anywhere
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are 12-6 since the trades, with most of those games without LeBron, and 25-31 before that. That makes it fairly obvious that the team's struggles were because of the roster and not the coaching.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Yap

I knew meathead couldn’t make good decision if Lebron come in.

I was hoping DLo would play instead of Lebron.

Cuz meathead seems to have lineup figure out with DLo.

But with Lebron back, he is confused again

FML
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Don't understand why when teams go on runs, he waits so long to call time outs. This isnt Kobe/Shaq Lakers who can turn it on and off whenever they wanted.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Don't understand why when teams go on runs, he waits so long to call time outs. This isnt Kobe/Shaq Lakers who can turn it on and off whenever they wanted.

He was actually good last game.

But this game he went full (bleep) again.

It seems like when Lebron back, his brain is overloaded, can’t do any more thinking.

The dude can’t make any adjustment at all.

If we don’t have a consistent lineup, his brain will freeze up and just throw a egg out there
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Such a waste for him to have this kind of roster...I rather let Vogel do work with this roster.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
this year is such a golden opportunity for us.
with top contenders all falling due to injuries
Clippers with PG out
Dallas with Doncic hobbled
Phoenix Durant out
Warrior with Wiggin in some weird personal matter
Grizzlies with Morant being a moron
The West is wild open

I firmly believe we are the best team in the West right now when Lebron gets back even like 80 - 90%.

However if we are in the playin at like 9 or 10th seed.
I just have a hard time believing Ham can have a consistent strategy to win 2 straight playin games.

if we do, it is going to be super close and despite of him being out coached.

and in the first round of the playoff, if against Denver, we actually have a good matchup.

but Ham will make Mike Malone looks like hall of fame coach.
Ham will probably contribute 2 wins for Denver with either bone head lineup, substitution.

so in reality, our team would need to win like 4 out of 5 to have a shot.
It is super disappointing knowing this will happen.

but I have seen zero adjustment from the meathead.

I really hope we get rid of him this summer.

Did the petition thread fail so you felt the need to start a new one?

Darvin ham is a first year head coach who has made some mistakes, but also kept his team, playing hard despite the Westbrook debacle and injuries to mini key players to the course of the season

What I find interesting is the hate even though ham has incorporated a lot of things that posters wanted to see

They wanted Reeves on the court more he is
They wanted Anthony Davis, and Gabriel to play together. They are.

Those were specific critiques that I saw about lineups and rotations. It took him a while to work his way back around to them, but he did.

Let’s not forget this whole team is supposed to be central around LeBron James, who has been out for weeks and yet the team keeps winning

If you don’t want to give the coach any credit for any of that that’s fine, but calling them out in a specific thread after you sound like you’ve had one too many to drink is laughable

You still want to bash me.

I was actually starting to have hope for Ham after the Phoenix game, seeing he might have turn a corner. I was expecting to get trashed on the forum. And reverse jinx our team to championship.

But this game he went full meathead mode again.

Now I realize the dude is just slow.

If there is any changes to the lineup, his brain would freeze and go full stupid for everything.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject:

He managed to sneak in the Dennis, Lonnie, and Malik lineup again for a few minutes when we got down 20 in the 3rd quarter.

Perfect small guard lineup to guard Demar and Zach Lavine ☠️

I'll admit Darvin was turning a corner. Before Lebron got hurt he changed the lineups with starting DLO over Dennis. Having DLO, Bease, Lebron, Vando, and AD. For once we actually looked like a playoff team.

Then Lebron and Mo Bamba got hurt and Darvin continued loading up our lineups with defensive minded bigger wings like Troy and Rui.

We survived Lebron's absence by winning games still.

Then Lonnie gets hot, wins us a game against The Thunder and Darvin goes back to low IQ offensive minded first lineups today ☠️

Darvin just consistently inserts lineups that Do NOT give us the best chance to succeed.

It's always one or two positions playing out of character and needing to do more than they should 🤬
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: