Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
He managed to sneak in the Dennis, Lonnie, and Malik lineup again for a few minutes when we got down 20 in the 3rd quarter.

Perfect small guard lineup to guard Demar and Zach Lavine ☠️

I'll admit Darvin was turning a corner. Before Lebron got hurt he changed the lineups with starting DLO over Dennis. Having DLO, Bease, Lebron, Vando, and AD. For once we actually looked like a playoff team.

Then Lebron and Mo Bamba got hurt and Darvin continued loading up our lineups with defensive minded bigger wings like Troy and Rui.

We survived Lebron's absence by winning games still.

Then Lonnie gets hot, wins us a game against The Thunder and Darvin goes back to low IQ offensive minded first lineups today ☠️

Darvin just consistently inserts lineups that Do NOT give us the best chance to succeed.

It's always one or two positions playing out of character and needing to do more than they should 🤬

The dude simply can’t handle the task of multitasking as a head coach.

I think if he focus on just doing one thing, he is good at it.

But being a head coach is just too much for him.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Yap

I knew meathead couldn’t make good decision if Lebron come in.

I was hoping DLo would play instead of Lebron.

Cuz meathead seems to have lineup figure out with DLo.

But with Lebron back, he is confused again

FML

So this is what you fall into hoping that he loses a game so that you don’t have to be such a Puss in response to threads that you create?
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Yap

FML

So this is what you fall into hoping that he loses a game so that you don’t have to be such a Puss in response to threads that you create?

No I hope that I am the meathead.

I don’t want to be right.

If I look like the Westbrick of this forum, people laugh at me as a joke as long as we win.

But reality hits and meathead is continue to meathead.

He even gave me some hope last game.

And he takes it away today.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:11 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Yap

FML

If I look like the Westbrick of this forum, people laugh at me as a joke as long as we win.

The team was on a three game winning streak and just lost the game

Teams are losing all over the league. That’s the reason why we can be a 500 team and still make some kind of playoffs everybody’s losing.

I will say this every team fans is losing their (bleep) at their coach. The fans just can’t help themselves the Lakers or no exception any time something goes wrong. It’s hams fault

Except it’s not, but if it makes you feel better have away
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:53 am    Post subject:

If you know how to coach what are you doing here? Go coach.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Yap

FML

The team was on a three game winning streak and just lost the game

Teams are losing all over the league. That’s the reason why we can be a 500 team and still make some kind of playoffs everybody’s losing.

I will say this every team fans is losing their (bleep) at their coach. The fans just can’t help themselves the Lakers or no exception any time something goes wrong. It’s hams fault

Except it’s not, but if it makes you feel better have away

We lose games we are suppose to win.
I am not even looking at w or l

Even after a W, I have ripped Ham before.

I am solely looking at his adjustment and rotation.

The dude had brain freeze yesterday

Just had dumb lineup starting 2Q and lost us the game right there

And the dude insistent on 3 guards lineup just kills me
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Ham is such a hobo and his hiring seemed political TBH.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

the way we fired Vogel.
it was just such bad karma.
The dude won us a championship.
and we blame him for Westbrick, when it was Pelinka and LeGM fault.

I am not surprised we get such a crappy coach in return.
Vogel must be laughing right now.
really wish this organization can make it up to him in the future.
He deserved better.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I hate to say it but I really do wonder if Ham would've got the job had he been white
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
I hate to say it but I really do wonder if Ham would've got the job had he been white

Wow, and here I thought that this thread couldn't get worse.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

First of all, Ham was qualified. He’s been an assistant under a few coaches and been part of a championship teams coaching staff. Typically assistants like that get Hc jobs. Heck, look at Rambo and Brian Shaw. They were assistants under Phil, both got jobs.

As well I don’t think the Lakers FO cares about the race.

However Lebron and team klutch? That’s a completely different thing. Whether Lebron had any say or not. Who knows. I do feel that a big part of the appeal of Ham was similar to the appeal of Fisher being hired in NY.

The key difference is that Ham has paid his dues and is qualified. I don’t think he was a poor candidate. He was a worthy candidate and this situation and job is far from easy. I don’t wanna (bleep) on him, but at the same time he does leave me thinking at times what exactly is his strength as a coach? You tend to be able to give that answer for most coaches. Maybe eventually we will be able to say that about him too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

The conversation around here regarding Ham has reached a really gross fever pitch. The amount of actual discussion regarding his performance is dwarfed by the amount of personal attacks and name calling. It’s really off-putting.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Come on fam, it’s 2023.

Let’s assess Ham on his merits. Dude is a respected coach.

Does he make questionable decisions? Sure. So do other coaches. One thing I’ll say is the offense is much better with him, but imo the defense was better with Vogel (when Vogel had the roster).

Race, color doesn’t have anything and shouldn’t have anything to do with the Ham convo.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

The conversation around here regarding Ham has reached a really gross fever pitch. The amount of actual discussion regarding his performance is dwarfed by the amount of personal attacks and name calling. It’s really off-putting.

The only thing gross is Ham all guards lineup.
And the dude inability to think whenever there is any change to the lineup.

How can you put out a lineup yesterday without both Lebron or AD.

And had Loonie and Beasley together, who both can’t defense.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile .. the Lakers face Chicago again right after losing to them at home despite Lebron's return. The team seemed uninspired and uninspiring, so ...
What should Ham do differently?
What *will* Ham do differently?
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Come on fam, it’s 2023.

Does he make questionable decisions? Sure. So do other coaches. One thing I’ll say is the offense is much better with him, but imo the defense was better with Vogel (when Vogel had the roster).

Race, color doesn’t have anything and shouldn’t have anything to do with the Ham convo.

I think the meathead, dumb comments are dog whistles for race. Shouldn't be apart of the conversation - but in reality - stuff like that does seep in. You see it all the time with quarterbacks or white guards that are really "heady" players, etc.

Darvin is not a meathead or dumb - he's just new at this -- he's good at getting the guys to buy in, which is very important. I think Vogel was objectively better at x's and o's but vastly inferior in terms of getting guys to buy in -- and you can hire assistants to help with better game plans -- while it's so much harder to get guys to play hard for you.

I personally don't think Darvin is very creative -- other coaches have and will out-coach him. But that was probably baked in from the start -- after all -- the coaches he's going up against have so much more experience. Our ace in the hole is LBJ - because he's really the coach when he's out there.

In the end -- it's so easy and so lazy to bomb on DH -- but many Laker fans are just that - lazy, spoiled and want perfection for little or no cost, and want it last week.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Meanwhile .. the Lakers face Chicago again right after losing to them at home despite Lebron's return. The team seemed uninspired and uninspiring, so ...
What should Ham do differently?
What *will* Ham do differently?

if DLo is back, one of LBJ/AD/DLO needs to be on the court the all the time. preferably, DLO and Lebron stagger minutes. majority of Beasley's minutes should be with both DLO and Lebron. Vando and Wenyen is a terrible front court combo(Wenyen and Rui might be better)
good news is Lebron gives up a ton of lineup flexibility because it allows Vando to guard perimeter without losing size on rotation.

AR is clearly not getting the same calls as before, so Ham should talk to him about changing his mindset a little bit and be more assertive on offense. i still feel he is better as 6th man if everyone is healthy.
we do have a pretty deep team when everyone is healthy, so it would be best for Ham to stop getting cute with some creative lineups (like Wenyen, Vando, AR, Beasley, Walker last game). LV should be out of the rotation now, we simply can't play 11 guys.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Come on fam, it’s 2023.

I think the meathead, dumb comments are dog whistles for race. Shouldn't be apart of the conversation - but in reality - stuff like that does seep in. You see it all the time with quarterbacks or white guards that are really "heady" players, etc.

Darvin is not a meathead or dumb - he's just new at this -- he's good at getting the guys to buy in, which is very important. I think Vogel was objectively better at x's and o's but vastly inferior in terms of getting guys to buy in -- and you can hire assistants to help with better game plans -- while it's so much harder to get guys to play hard for you.

I personally don't think Darvin is very creative -- other coaches have and will out-coach him. But that was probably baked in from the start -- after all -- the coaches he's going up against have so much more experience. Our ace in the hole is LBJ - because he's really the coach when he's out there.

In the end -- it's so easy and so lazy to bomb on DH -- but many Laker fans are just that - lazy, spoiled and want perfection for little or no cost, and want it last week.

It is not even about him being outcoached by other coaches.

Which is expected.

The dude is trying to under coach compare to himself.

Once out of a blue moon he gets rotation and lineup right.

And he purposely go away from it and try that ridiculous lineup with no ball handler in q2 last game.

Like wtf

And the as many guards as possible lineup, wtfff?

Doesn’t he know height in basketball is good?

You don’t want like multiple slow 7 footer in one lineup.

But having versatile tall wings is key to today games

Not all 6,5 or under guards in one lineup!
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Come on fam, it’s 2023.

Which is expected.

And he purposely go away from it and try that ridiculous lineup with no ball handler in q2 last game.

Like wtf

You, my friend are what I'm talking about when I refer to lazy, spoiled Laker fans. I dig your passion - but bruhh -- you really think DH is trying to "under coach" (whatever that means)? Darvin is a good dude by all accounts and does not have some ulterior agenda (ala D'antoni when he was here). The coach of the Lakers is a very coveted but very spotlight hot job. Hell - with our record - most of the shows and media shouldn't have been talking about us - but they do -- and they need content -- so LeBron, AD, WB, and then DH in that order is under a microscope constantly.

The point is that he's no worse than half the coaches in the league -- which means he's not better either (again which was likely given that he's new). He's trying to win -- you can see it in his face -- (all of this weights on him-- so he goes to his safe space and "fills up his cup" for more of the heat/spotlight). His interests align with yours and mine -- I don't think you can ask for more than that (unless you want instant success/perfection). It's going to be a process with my dude -- and if it don't work out -- we'll be on to the next coach in 2 or 3 years.

P.S. on the 3 guard line ups -- agree or not -- I think his logic is defensive rotations and ball movement on offense --and a little more complicated than tall guys vs shorter guys - lo. So he has some conception of what he's trying to do. I'd probably do it differently - but then again -- I'm here typing on a fan board and not at the Lakers facility with all that comes with that - lol
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Come on fam, it’s 2023.

Which is expected.

Like wtf

You, my friend are what I'm talking about when I refer to lazy, spoiled Laker fans. I dig your passion - but bruhh -- you really think DH is trying to "under coach" (whatever that means)? Darvin is a good dude by all accounts and does not have some ulterior agenda (ala D'antoni when he was here). The coach of the Lakers is a very coveted but very spotlight hot job. Hell - with our record - most of the shows and media shouldn't have been talking about us - but they do -- and they need content -- so LeBron, AD, WB, and then DH in that order is under a microscope constantly.

The point is that he's no worse than half the coaches in the league -- which means he's not better either (again which was likely given that he's new). He's trying to win -- you can see it in his face -- (all of this weights on him-- so he goes to his safe space and "fills up his cup" for more of the heat/spotlight). His interests align with yours and mine -- I don't think you can ask for more than that (unless you want instant success/perfection). It's going to be a process with my dude -- and if it don't work out -- we'll be on to the next coach in 2 or 3 years.

P.S. on the 3 guard line ups -- agree or not -- I think his logic is defensive rotations and ball movement on offense --and a little more complicated than tall guys vs shorter guys - lo. So he has some conception of what he's trying to do. I'd probably do it differently - but then again -- I'm here typing on a fan board and not at the Lakers facility with all that comes with that - lol

I am not saying he is trying to lose on purpose.
but he is so bad that his action bring similar result to someone who is losing on purpose.

please dont defend the 3 guard lineup.
it is a weird fetish of his that should never be defended.

I lose respect for anyone who tries to spin it or defend that crap of a lineup.

It sucks period.

A lineup needs must balance for the following:

Ballhandling
Shot creation
Spacing
Defense
Size for rebound

Defensive rotation is pointless if you got 3 of the smallest dudes on the court. and it is not like they are all elite defenders.

His 3 or 4 guard lineup doenst address anything maybe other than ballhandling

The dude often put out lineups that doesn't have shot creation either, everyone just pass it around until the shot clock run out.

and he sometimes forget you need size for defense and rebound.
It is the basic element of basketball.

Even people who play YMCA basketball understand the importance of these basic elements.

and more often than not, it seems like every game he is throwing random stuff out there and see what works.

and the next game he would go away from what works and try new random things.

He is not building any consistency.
and each player dont really know their role.

even Anthony Davis is playing a different role every game, cuz we got no roles defined for anyone.

it is all on the fly
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:

He has to be hired first. Not his fault if he applied already.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:

He has to be hired first. Not his fault if he applied already.

He’s a young pup who thinks he knows it all but in reality, he doesn’t know jack. We have this kind of people at work too. Forget about if they think they can do your job it’s just funny to know what they think we do on a daily basis. I don't even think he can name 5 plays that the team runs.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Darvin with the solid rotations tonight!!

Minus not leaving in at least one starter with that second unit to start the game.
Still Not his fault Bease went -20 with 0 points , 4 turnovers

Good job Ham keep it up!!!!
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Solid rotations? What game were you watching?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Darvin, if you take out your 3 best play-makers and then surround a shoot-first PG with an iso-specialist, a chucker, and 2 other guys that can't create for themselves there's a good chance your offense will stall. Combine that with our awful transition defense and it's a recipe for disaster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: