Skip Bayless on the Laker Bandwagon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I’m not salty. This team just isn’t good. Yeah, they can beat anybody, but they can also get beat by anybody. Case in point Chicago.

13-7 since the trade deadline with Lebron, Davis and Russell all missing games. That winning percentage would put us at the number 2 seed (.650) in the west, if it was for the season.

Hang a banner. Throw a parade. Look at the teams they beat and the teams they lost to in that stretch. Compare that to Milwaukee who just finished a 16 game win streak last month, with wins over Denver and Boston, the streak ended with a loss to Philadelphia. That’s a good team!

Why are we celebrating mediocrity like this team is something special?

I just watched the Bugs beat the same teams we did during that 13-7 stretch. Are the Bugs a good team? NO.

Alright, I wont waste my time trying to convince you this team is good, if healthy. See you in the playoffs!

Last edited by defense on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I’m not salty. This team just isn’t good. Yeah, they can beat anybody, but they can also get beat by anybody. Case in point Chicago.

13-7 since the trade deadline with Lebron, Davis and Russell all missing games. That winning percentage would put us at the number 2 seed (.650) in the west, if it was for the season.

Hang a banner. Throw a parade. Look at the teams they beat and the teams they lost to in that stretch. Compare that to Milwaukee who just finished a 16 game win streak last month, with wins over Denver and Boston, the streak ended with a loss to Philadelphia. That’s a good team!

I just watched the Bugs beat the same teams we did during that 13-7 stretch. Are the Bugs a good team? NO.

You better have nothing to say other than I was wrong if the Lakers end up winning this year,
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

You forgot the *if healthy* meme (after the coma)
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

This is setting up reasons to criticize Lebron.

Lakers win = Of course they won, I picked them early because of all the other guys around him. They were a GREAT team, like I said. Lebron just had to show up and be decent and they win.

Lakers lose = Lebron should have done more for them to win, they played better without him! This was about DAVIS.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Like DLO said, I’m a Lakersssssss fan Mingyyyyyy.

Nothing but love fam 🤝
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

You know I watched the Skip Baynless and Shannon Sharpe undisputed show for a while.

Skip Bayless has been on the Lakers bandwagon since the trade or at least a little after while Sharpe, a hardcore Laker Fan, has been the opposite.

My guess it is the narrative to give since Sharpe you expect to be saying the Lakers are going to be champions and Skip the opposite and supporting the Clippers like in years past. They reversed roles..which if the Lakers go far, will seem to benefit their show and their viewership.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject:

F skip Bayless
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
This is setting up reasons to criticize Lebron.

Lakers win = Of course they won, I picked them early because of all the other guys around him. They were a GREAT team, like I said. Lebron just had to show up and be decent and they win.

Lakers lose = Lebron should have done more for them to win, they played better without him! This was about DAVIS.

This. Skip is building them up to tear them down later. Everyone should know his ulterior motives by now.

We are a dark house team that could possibly make some noise in the playoffs. We are by no means any kind of favorite.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:36 am    Post subject:

Skip is still picking the Suns. If the Suns win, he will argue that KD is better than LeBron because he's beaten him again ("and LeBron had a title contending team!!!")...thereby nullifying (in Skip's mind) LeBron's claim to being the goat.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Alright, I wont waste my time trying to convince you this team is good, if healthy. See you in the playoffs!

Drake Voice ***how bout now?***

LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Skip is a blowhard!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

If Skip or Chuck like you it's usually a kiss of death.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject:

We dragged ourselves into the fight, a tense competitive end to the season and some people are still acting bitter for some reason. Seems so entitled. Back your team! Save the post-mortems for the dead.

Skip and Shannon are a sideshow, but it has been entertaining the last few weeks. He loves Reaves, so can't be all bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: