Mo Bamba?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject: Mo Bamba?

Where art thou?

I know we had the high ankle sprain, but we have heard virtually nothing on him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:58 am    Post subject:

Re-evaluated next week.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:38 am    Post subject:

High ankle sprains are tricky and take a long time to heal. It's the same sprain Lebron pretty much needed the off season to recover from. While he's being re-evaluated next week I wouldn't expect him back soon unfortunately
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

He was to be reevaluated in 4 weeks 3 weeks ago. What is there to hear?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

We'd like to hear that he, the team, and the front office are optimistic that he has good chance of returning as we push toward the playoffs. We'd like to hear that, though he has a high ankle sprain, is he able to do some set shots on the court to keep his jumper tuned?

I was wondering the exact same question today that the op posed.

Yes, there are things we'd like to hear.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject:

Go to the injury thread. If there is news, TD will post it. Players go to her thread to find out what's up with their injuries. True story.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

We'd like to hear that he, the team, and the front office are optimistic that he has good chance of returning as we push toward the playoffs. We'd like to hear that, though he has a high ankle sprain, is he able to do some set shots on the court to keep his jumper tuned?

On March 9th, the Lakers announced Bamba would re-evaluated in four weeks, which would be the last day of the regular season (April 9th). So I wouldn't expect him back before the play-ins, if then. Typically, you only start hearing word that a player is going to return a couple of days before he returns. So I don't expect to hear anything substantial about him until mid-April. I would be surprised if he is doing set shots or doing anything to keep his jumper tuned, given he has to keep weight off the ankle.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

Better question .. why would you expect it? They gave you a timeline and choosing to ignore it or not knowing it would be your or “we” fault not the fault of Mo or the Lakers
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

Better question .. why would you expect it? They gave you a timeline and choosing to ignore it or not knowing it would be your or “we” fault not the fault of Mo or the Lakers

It's not a "better " question, it's only your question. There's been dead silence on Bamba, and some of us would just to hear how the guy is doing.. Is that ok? If not, let's move on.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

It's not a "better " question, it's only your question. There's been dead silence on Bamba, and some of us would just to hear how the guy is doing.. Is that ok? If not, let's move on.

To expect to be updated when they told you already when you would get an evaluation and update is silly. It shows a severe lack of comprehension skills on the part of anyone who asks the question early. People need to just listen from the beginning and then you wouldn’t have the issue or ask a dumb question based off your own senseless expectations.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject:

Mo fouls....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

There probably isn't anything meaningful they can say.

He probably isn't doing any on-court activity. They probably don't have a tentative date for his return. The ankle probably hasn't healed enough for them to give a meaningful progress report.

I get that people are anxious for a report, but sometimes you just have to wait while the body heals.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

To expect to be updated when they told you already when you would get an evaluation and update is silly. It shows a severe lack of comprehension skills on the part of anyone who asks the question early. People need to just listen from the beginning and then you wouldn’t have the issue or ask a dumb question based off your own senseless expectations.

Who cares why someone asks.. I personally think it is out of enthusiasm and that is good.
They care about the player and have some excitement to see him play and they want to know if he is progressing as hoped in this 21 days gone. Some players have setbacks some players heal faster than other etc

Superstar players have people asking allllll the time during the wait for eval

I want us to sign Bismack Biyombo so their names look great together
Bamba and Biyombo
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t mean to cause all the pissing in moaning with my original post LeBron James ended up coming back early so I didn’t think it was an unreal expectation to think that Bamba might also have some news

We didn’t sign any 10 day contracts for an additional big one can interpret that that there wasn’t anybody good or it could also be interpreted that maybe the timeline for Bamba had changed internally

We’re about to go against a team tonight with size let’s see how they handle it
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Yesterday I posted from Dan Woike that he's going to be evaluated next week

Your Friendly Neighborhood Injury Updates Thread
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Where art thou?

And a dumb answer is your response? Got it!!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

He probably isn't doing any on-court activity. They probably don't have a tentative date for his return. The ankle probably hasn't healed enough for them to give a meaningful progress report.

I get that people are anxious for a report, but sometimes you just have to wait while the body heals.

AV, I've watched your answers enough to know that you get the sense of why the questions were posed. I also get the sense we (whoever the f we are) know to move on...was it a dumb question?

Of course not! Necessary? Nah, and I'd be the first to acknowlegde that. What those who got salty about this minimal issue don't realize is that we weren't just looking for information on his physical progress.

Also liked to know that he's feeling good enough (we'd get a good feeling right now if he does) to make a return as planned. And that doesn't require waiting on another week.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

AV, I've watched your answers enough to know that you get the sense of why the questions were posed. I also get the sense we (whoever the f we are) know to move on...was it a dumb question?

Of course not! Necessary? Nah, and I'd be the first to acknowlegde that. What those who got salty about this minimal issue don't realize is that we weren't just looking for information on his physical progress.

Also liked to know that he's feeling good enough (we'd get a good feeling right now if he does) to make a return as planned. And that doesn't require waiting on another week.

I don't think it was a stupid question. I just don't think there's an answer to it.

As far as I know there is no date planned for him to return. The April 9th was a date they mentioned a month ago for reevaluation; it wasn't a target date for his return.

I wouldn't expect Bamba or the Lakers to make any statements about whether he's on track to return by April 9th or some other day. There's no benefit to announcing that. There's only a negative, if it turns out wrong or he has a setback.

I don't expect to hear anything about his return until a couple of days in advance, when they are pretty sure it's going to happen. But if he isn't going to be reevaluated until 9 days from now, I doubt there's anything they could or would say about his condition.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I don't think it was a stupid question. I just don't think there's an answer to it.

As far as I know there is no date planned for him to return. The April 9th was a date they mentioned a month ago for reevaluation; it wasn't a target date for his return.

I wouldn't expect Bamba or the Lakers to make any statements about whether he's on track to return by April 9th or some other day. There's no benefit to announcing that. There's only a negative, if it turns out wrong or he has a setback.

I don't expect to hear anything about his return until a couple of days in advance, when they are pretty sure it's going to happen. But if he isn't going to be reevaluated until 9 days from now, I doubt there's anything they could or would say about his condition.

Yeah, i'm fairly certain the vast majority if not all Coaches/FO's across the NBA and other sports for that matter would much prefer to not have to release anything about injuries to the public. They are obviously not allowed to do that so instead we normally just get the essential info when it first is diagnosed and when they are ramping up to play again. We'll get rumors of course and every once in awhile we get a little extra information but it's not something to really expect especially for a role player that had an ankle sprain and it's still well before the original re-evaluation date.

They released the info that he was doing some limited on the court straight line running during shootaround before Wednesdays game. Not even sure what else they could say beyond that until he's re-evaluated anyways.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mo Bamba?

hype wrote:

Yeah, i'm fairly certain the vast majority if not all Coaches/FO's across the NBA and other sports for that matter would much prefer to not have to release anything about injuries to the public. They are obviously not allowed to do that so instead we normally just get the essential info when it first is diagnosed and when they are ramping up to play again. We'll get rumors of course and every once in awhile we get a little extra information but it's not something to really expect especially for a role player that had an ankle sprain and it's still well before the original re-evaluation date.

They released the info that he was doing some limited on the court straight line running during shootaround before Wednesdays game. Not even sure what else they could say beyond that until he's re-evaluated anyways.

It's also the player's private medical information. I don't think it should be released just to satisfy fans' curiosity and provide entertainment for them.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Re-evaluated next week.

There isn't no evaluation!
Mo speaks for himself!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

This guy needs to force his way back, high ankle sprains suck but dude is playing for a contract and this team needs his size badly.

To me hurt is different than injured, if this is a soreness situation at this point suck it up and play.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

He's got that high ankle sprain and he has some of the highest ankles in the league so you know its serious. He'll be back soon for whatever playoff matchup we have though. We just have to stem the tide for that.

Hearing no news might be good news, because that means no setbacks. With men as big as him you typically have longer recovery times for foot injuries. So lets keep the faith and hope he comes back soon.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
He's got that high ankle sprain and he has some of the highest ankles in the league

Haha. Your best post ever
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject:

He has been on the court shooting before games. But he is still to be re-evaluated. He's a definite need for the team, his rebounding his threes and his ability to change shots are key for us.

Him filling in the McGee/Howard role would be vital for us, in addition to his three point shooting which keeps the lane open for both LeBron and Davis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: