2022-23 NBA Postseason Discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 446, 447, 448  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Nice effort and win by the Heat.

Officiating was horrible though. Too many bad calls and no calls on the “physical “ defense. Nuggets did not get several and 1s they deserved.

Will be interesting to see how Denver responds in Miami. Up to them to match the energy. They allowed too many open 3s.

Are we not entertained!!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Officiating was horrible though. Too many bad calls and no calls on the “physical “ defense. Nuggets did not get several and 1s they deserved.

Will be interesting to see how Denver responds in Miami. Up to them to match the energy. They allowed too many open 3s.

Free throws were 20-11 in nuggets favor and then ended 22-20 in the Nuggets favor.

Refs were bad both ways.
A lot of of missed calls that went against the heat in the first half too.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I think their players don't see "starters" they were just the first ones in to go to work.. And they go in and Work just like the guys before them. no difference.. same mindset.. winners
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
wow...
could not see that happening
Denver seriously lost their focus

Whereas vs our fellas they were drilling those 3s, there was a solid length of time they just werent hitting, and then their D just fell apart for a good 2-3 minutes and Miami kept killing them with all sorts of 3 point plays. One of the worst 4th quarter performances in a critical stretch I've seen in a while in a finals game.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Miami Heat were [b]+18 with Kevin Love on the floor in Game 2.
[/b]
Quote:
Denver 3-7 during the regular season when Nikola Jokic had 6 assists or less.

Was literally having this conversation on Friday with my celtics friend. We both agreed the play for Miami was to get another big in there, and Love was identified. Didnt think it would have been that much a difference, but was.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
P.K. wrote:
wow...

Whereas vs our fellas they were drilling those 3s, there was a solid length of time they just werent hitting, and then their D just fell apart for a good 2-3 minutes and Miami kept killing them with all sorts of 3 point plays. One of the worst 4th quarter performances in a critical stretch I've seen in a while in a finals game.

its funny how Bam isn’t as good at AD but the things he does well seem to bother the Nuggets more than AD’s talent.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
Lowry just explained it was an important coaching move in Game 2 to change up the starting lineup by bringing in Love for size. Did not know a coach was allowed to do that before Game 4.

Ham doesnt have Spo's coaching chops at this point. Spo been down this road a bunch, and has a really good read on his team.

Spo will end up as a HoF coach, I have no doubt on that (regardless of outcome of this series).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
DrDent wrote:
P.K. wrote:
wow...

its funny how Bam isn’t as good at AD but the things he does well seem to bother the Nuggets more than AD’s talent.

Very, very true. I think he plays, on offense, with more confidence...but honestly part of this is Miami just plays D differently. They dont rely on Bam the same way Lakers do with AD, and Miami throws a heck of alot more zone (and theyre good at it). Spo is well known for, like a big league pitcher, throwing different pitches. 1 on 1 / man; drop coverage; switching, zone (various ones). He loves to disrupt rhythym, whereas the Lakers really rely on a base D with AD either anchoring, or roaming.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike Malone did not look like a happy camper in his post game address to his players.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Mike Malone did not look like a happy camper in his post game address to his players.

Someone must’ve asked him about the Lakers
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Never seen him happy anyway.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Free throws were 20-11 in nuggets favor and then ended 22-20 in the Nuggets favor.

Refs were bad both ways.

I was not referring to the box score or raw numbers. I am watching the game. Jokic was being played physical. Whether by bigs or the guards undercutting him. It would have been team fouls and the “and 1s”. A couple of the possession calls were horrific.

I will say the same thing I always say. Whether this series or a Lakers game. I just want the same calls to be called on both ends. This game was an example of one not called that way. No matter what the box score numbers say.

Up to the Nuggets to attempt to adjust. Up to the refs to call it on both ends the same.

On to game 3.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Never seen him happy anyway.

It'll be interesting to see what adjustments he makes. He is a bit slow when it comes to changing things up. He prefers to stick to his guns and preach effort.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Miami Heat were [b]+18 with Kevin Love on the floor in Game 2.
[/b]
Quote:
Denver 3-7 during the regular season when Nikola Jokic had 6 assists or less.

Was literally having this conversation on Friday with my celtics friend. We both agreed the play for Miami was to get another big in there, and Love was identified. Didnt think it would have been that much a difference, but was.

For sure. Gordon was killing them in game 1. They def needed size. Spoelstra adjusts while many coaches do not. Nuggets fans will get on Malone if they blow games 3 or 4.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Refs were bad both ways.

I was not referring to the box score or raw numbers. I am watching the game. Jokic was being played physical. Whether by bigs or the guards undercutting him. It would have been team fouls and the “and 1s”. A couple of the possession calls were horrific.

I will say the same thing I always say. Whether this series or a Lakers game. I just want the same calls to be called on both ends. This game was an example of one not called that way. No matter what the box score numbers say.

Up to the Nuggets to attempt to adjust. Up to the refs to call it on both ends the same.

On to game 3.

Nuggets legit had 20-2 ft adv game one.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Refs were bad both ways.

I didn’t disagree with you. I said the refs were horrible. Just pointed out there were calls and non calls that hurt the heat too.

I referenced the numbers to actually support that the refs were bad because after letting Denver double up the heat on free throws through 3 quarters they let the heat dominate on free throws in the 4th. Just not much consistency.

My reply was further pointing out how poorly officiated the game was.

Just because I referenced stats to support my argument doesn’t mean I’m not “watching the game” like you say you are.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject:

The way to beat Denver is to let Jokic get his and defend the role players. Jokic getting less than 5 assists was key.

IIRC, one of the Suns wins against Denver was the same thing, letting Jokic go for 40 but limiting his facilitating.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1665548031247233024?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

He’s a douche, but he’s correct here.

Obviously caveat being that Spo is a mastermind and by far the best coach in the NBA.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
The way to beat Denver is to let Jokic get his and defend the role players. Jokic getting less than 5 assists was key.

IIRC, one of the Suns wins against Denver was the same thing, letting Jokic go for 40 but limiting his facilitating.

Yep that’s the way.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Spoelstra goes hard at Ramona: https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1665554522545029122

More of this please.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
Lowry just explained it was an important coaching move in Game 2 to change up the starting lineup by bringing in Love for size. Did not know a coach was allowed to do that before Game 4.

Ham doesnt have Spo's coaching chops at this point. Spo been down this road a bunch, and has a really good read on his team.

Spo will end up as a HoF coach, I have no doubt on that (regardless of outcome of this series).

Yeah, not really fair to compare a Rookie coach who only had a couple of months to try and figure out as much as possible about his roster while also just simply learning how to be a Head Coach period to imo the clear best coach in the NBA currently who's been doing it for quite awhile now and fully knows his roster inside and out.

In all honesty what Spo is doing these Playoffs especially is pretty incredible and if they somehow knock off the Nuggets to win it all it will be up there as one of the most impressive Championships ever imo.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1665548031247233024?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Obviously caveat being that Spo is a mastermind and by far the best coach in the NBA.

Preach as far as that tweet is concerned.

No team, let alone the Lakers, should ever have to resort themselves into acquiring antisemite cancers on their team like Kyrie or Issac.

It’s why we really needed to fire Ham for Nick Nurse. Good coaching matters.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

With how the Lakers have always been run, the Lakers need the best top-end talent to win it all. They won in 2020 mainly because LeBron and AD were the best top-end talent in the league. LeBron and AD as a big 2 no longer are that level of dominant.

I think with great coaching, the Lakers can improve around the edges and give themselves a shot at winning a ring.

But the Lakers don't have that. Without a high-level coach, I want the best possible trio at the top while not completely ignoring depth.

Otherwise, you can only improve around the edges and hope Ham grows significantly as a coach.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

What's his overall point though? There is only one cancer like Kyrie in the NBA. So it's not much of a point to say don't cater to him.

Does he mean catering to stars in general? I would say that has shown to work out very well for pretty much the entire history of the NBA. There are always levels to it. Jimmy was viewed as a cancer as well and left his last two teams because it seemed like they didn't cater to him enough. He expected Minny to let Wiggins go so that they can rework Jimmy's deal and pay him early.

End of the day unless you have an outlier year in the NBA then you usually need top stars to win it all. And stars will always get some level of preferential treatment because teams will be scared of losing them. That is just life.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Meh
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 446, 447, 448  Next
Page 425 of 448
Jump to: