Analyzing the AD deal 4 years later
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

The Lakers have won 1 title in the last 13 years.

Yet we have some the fans who believe anything less than 5 titles every decade is a failure, because that's what a group of Lakers who were around before they were born accomplished.

And the funny thing is some of those fans who are angry about all the imaginary titles they think they should have gotten in the last 13 years dismiss the one real title as a lucky event we didn't deserve.

There is nothing as entitled as a Lakers fan.

The Lakers made a lot of bad moves since the 2010 title. It's no wonder they won only 1 title in 13 years.

1) Giving Kobe the 2-year extension in November 2013 that kept him for two more years (2014-15, 2015-16). He just suffered his achilles heel injury 6 months ago. Considering his age and the injury, the odds of him coming back as a prime Kobe was not good. It wasted two years in the Lakers rebuild. By not cutting Kobe in an "amnesty" move, it practically drove Dwight away as a FA. So, keeping Kobe was a business move, not a basketball move.

2) Cutting Julius Randall and got nothing in return. Among the lottery picks the Lakers had in the mid-2010s, he turns out to be the most successful one, so far.

3) Wasting the three #2 picks. None of them became a significant contributor to the Lakers, let alone stars, let alone superstars. None of them could even sniff the playoffs before Lebron came, so spare me the BS like "BI averaged 16 ppg so he's a significant contributor". 16 ppg on a non-playoff team? C'mon!!!

Of course, the most damaging one was picking 'Zo over Tatum. It practically gifted #18 to the Celtics.

4) Trading the farm for Westbrick.

Of course, the Lakers made three good moves during the same period, two of them led to the 2020 title: lure Lebron to sign with the team and trade for AD; the other one? trade Bynum for Dwight. Not sure if it's dumb luck or what? After his 2nd team All-NBA in 2011-12, Bynum never played significant minutes again. So it's a trade of damaged goods for a 1st team All-NBA center that still have something left in the tank (Dwight still average ~15 ppg and 10+ rpg for 5 seasons after he left the Lakers). Too bad they chose to keep Kobe instead of Dwight.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

Lakers management has been terrible since Jeanie took over. It's just that Lebron decided to join the team that helped them win a fluke championship. Otherwise, they would still be ofer right now under Jeanie.

Yes, AD's deal was bad because of only one championship won. Many people would say that one is better than nothing but we used to average a championship every 4 years under Dr. Buss.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakers management has been terrible since Jeanie took over. It's just that Lebron decided to join the team that helped them win a fluke championship. Otherwise, they would still be ofer right now under Jeanie.

Yes, AD's deal was bad because of only one championship won. Many people would say that one is better than nothing but we used to average a championship every 4 years under Dr. Buss.

100% agree current ownership sucks.

I do laugh at your 1 chip every 4 yrs under Dr. Buss ----we got lucky many times over. Dr. Buss was a great owner and gambler. But to say 1 chip every 4 yrs is common or expected. GTFO
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Right now the Dodgers are at a similar crossroads.

They have the inside track on signing Ohtani, and some people believe they should trade for him no matter what the price.

Others believe the should wait and sign him outright so they can preserve all their young assets like James Outman, Will Smith etc.

I always have respected Davis but he never won anything even with Jrue.

All I said was that it was better to wait so we'd have the best of both worlds.

Maybe we have LBJ, AD, BI, and Garland instead of LBJ, AD, and DLo

Garland had a pretty rocky playoffs.

But he still scored 21, 23, 10, 32, 17 in his first series

Ingram averaged 27 points in his last 20 games almost singlehandedly dragging the Pelicans to the playoffs without Zion.

Something tells me either would be getting more than six points against the Nuggets.

Would have been nice to have one of those players to help LBJ or AD

So sure, keep telling yourself overpays don't matter. They do.

if you guarantee a world series ring this year for the Dodgers, they would trade for Ohtani right now.
since the AD deal happened, we already knew what happened.

Yep, he said the Lakers "corrected the problem now" just a few weeks ago, as he confessed that the Lakers had rebuilt the depth of the roster. Yet after 4 games against Denver, he moves the goalposts again.

That's BILBJH, always slapping himself silly...

What does reconsidering the fate of DLo have to do with my point that we gave up too many assets for AD when we should have just used the Klutch connection to influence AD to wait. I bet Friedman is trying to convince Ohtani to help avoid trading his future teammates as we speak.

Why don't you tell us your vision of the team next season, Mr. Lurker so you at least can go on the record and we can all pick apart your ideas?

Or are you afraid like Activeverb?

I haven't moved any goal posts... I wanted to wait for AD... and when everyone was trying to trade away our whole team for a player who won nothing... I was begging for us to try to keep at least either Ingram or #4 instead of Kuzma

So I will wait and see what you come up with if you actually dare to go on the record.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject:

Definitely go all-in for Ohtani.
He can complement Rui on the wing.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject:

Can't believe people are still parotting that myth that the Lakers could've drafted Tatum. You realize that Boston actually had the #1 pick that year and they traded down with Philly to get the #3 pick and a future first, right? Because the Celtics knew that neither the Lakers or the Sixers were interested in drafting Tatum. Had there been any indication otherwise then the Celtics wouldn't have traded down and would've still taken their guy Tatum with the #1 pick.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Definitely go all-in for Ohtani.
He can complement Rui on the wing.

All joking aside, I'm pretty sure Ohtani could have gotten us more than six PPG.
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

They have the inside track on signing Ohtani, and some people believe they should trade for him no matter what the price.

Others believe the should wait and sign him outright so they can preserve all their young assets like James Outman, Will Smith etc.

Ingram averaged 27 points in his last 20 games almost singlehandedly dragging the Pelicans to the playoffs without Zion.

Something tells me either would be getting more than six points against the Nuggets.

if you guarantee a world series ring this year for the Dodgers, they would trade for Ohtani right now.

Yep, he said the Lakers "corrected the problem now" just a few weeks ago, as he confessed that the Lakers had rebuilt the depth of the roster. Yet after 4 games against Denver, he moves the goalposts again.

What does reconsidering the fate of DLo have to do with my point that we gave up too many assets for AD when we should have just used the Klutch connection to influence AD to wait. I bet Friedman is trying to convince Ohtani to help avoid trading his future teammates as we speak.

Why don't you tell us your vision of the team next season, Mr. Lurker so you at least can go on the record and we can all pick apart your ideas?

I haven't moved any goal posts... I wanted to wait for AD... and when everyone was trying to trade away our whole team for a player who won nothing... I was begging for us to try to keep at least either Ingram or #4 instead of Kuzma

So I will wait and see what you come up with if you actually dare to go on the record.

Simple, because we didn't give up too much assets for AD. That's soundly refuted by your own confession that we had acquired enough depth to contend this past season, until you moved the goalposts after the sweep.

You want to wait for AD to sign as a FA, that's just your wishful thinking. There is no guarantee that AD would sign for the Lakers in 2021.

So, as long as you keep ranting we give up too much assets for AD, I'll refute you because you contradicted yourself.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Simple, because we didn't give up too much assets for AD. That's soundly refuted by your own confession that we had acquired enough depth to contend this past season, until you moved the goalposts after the sweep.

You want to wait for AD to sign as a FA, that's just your wishful thinking. There is no guarantee that AD would sign for the Lakers in 2021.

So, as long as you keep ranting we give up too much assets for AD, I'll refute you because you contradicted yourself.

I never said there was a guarantee. I said that's what I preferred.

Meanwhile, still waiting to hear what your depth chart looks like for next season.

My guess is you will just deflect or fade into the background again.
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Can't believe people are still parotting that myth that the Lakers could've drafted Tatum. You realize that Boston actually had the #1 pick that year and they traded down with Philly to get the #3 pick and a future first, right? Because the Celtics knew that neither the Lakers or the Sixers were interested in drafting Tatum. Had there been any indication otherwise then the Celtics wouldn't have traded down and would've still taken their guy Tatum with the #1 pick.

Of course I know the Celtics had the #1 pick that year. So what?

One of the key skills needed in the draft is not to show any interest of who you want to draft. Did Red Auerbach show any interest of drafting McHale as #1 pick in the 1980 draft? Why didn't he let the Warriors know that he wasn't going to draft JBC anyway? that there was no need to trade Parish and the #3 pick for the #1 pick in that draft?

As you said, "the Celtics KNEW that neither the Lakers or the Sixers were interested in drafting Tatum.", then it's Magic's fault.

Last edited by WorthyNum1 on Sat May 27, 2023 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Meanwhile, still waiting to hear what your depth chart looks like for next season.

I am here to refute your contradictions. Funny that after trading for AD, the Lakers have no trouble rebuild their depth this year (your own admission), not to mention the adequate depth they had to trade for Westbrook.

Don't change the topic to "depth of next season". Is it because you can't argue your "trading the depth for AD" anymore?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I am here to refute your contradictions. Funny that after trading for AD, the Lakers have no trouble rebuild their depth this year (your own admission), not to mention the adequate depth they had to trade for Westbrook.

Don't change the topic to "depth of next season". Is it because you can't argue your "trading the depth for AD" anymore?

If you buy a lotto ticket and then win, does that make you a financial wizard?

If you buy crypto and win, does this make you a good financial manager?

We traded too many assets for AD instead of just signing him.

Won a title because we managed to sign two future Hall of Famers for the minimum (Rondo and Dwight) and then had a pandemic that allowed our old and injury prone stars to rest.

We had a league minimum guy Caruso, rise from obscurity and become our starter in the finals.

If relying on three minimum contracts is your plan to win a championship, then chances are that's not much of plan.

The 2020 team was good, I've never denied that.

I just think it would have been better to go with the original plan which was to sign the second elite outright like Butler for example... or wait for AD the following year.

Just because you win, doesn't mean you are always smart... Sometimes it just means you are lucky.
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

If you buy a lotto ticket and then win, does that make you a financial wizard?

If you buy crypto and win, does this make you a good financial manager?

We traded too many assets for AD instead of just signing him.

Won a title because we managed to sign two future Hall of Famers for the minimum (Rondo and Dwight) and then had a pandemic that allowed our old and injury prone stars to rest.

We had a league minimum guy Caruso, rise from obscurity and become our starter in the finals.

If relying on three minimum contracts is your plan to win a championship, then chances are that's not much of plan.

The 2020 team was good, I've never denied that.

I just think it would have been better to go with the original plan which was to sign the second elite outright like Butler for example... or wait for AD the following year.

Just because you win, doesn't mean you are always smart... Sometimes it just means you are lucky.

You keep repeating the same old sh*t. I'll keep using the same argument to refute you.

You have no guarantee that AD would be available a year later, you admitted that. In other words, signing AD as a FA a year later was only a pipe dream.

You claim that we traded away depth for AD, yet you confessed that we had re-built the depth by February 2023. So your statements are contradictory.

Keep repeating the same stuff don't help your argument, but help expose your own contradictions.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Yet we have some the fans who believe anything less than 5 titles every decade is a failure, because that's what a group of Lakers who were around before they were born accomplished.

And the funny thing is some of those fans who are angry about all the imaginary titles they think they should have gotten in the last 13 years dismiss the one real title as a lucky event we didn't deserve.

The Lakers made a lot of bad moves since the 2010 title. It's no wonder they won only 1 title in 13 years.

1) Giving Kobe the 2-year extension in November 2013 that kept him for two more years (2014-15, 2015-16). He just suffered his achilles heel injury 6 months ago. Considering his age and the injury, the odds of him coming back as a prime Kobe was not good. It wasted two years in the Lakers rebuild. By not cutting Kobe in an "amnesty" move, it practically drove Dwight away as a FA. So, keeping Kobe was a business move, not a basketball move.

2) Cutting Julius Randall and got nothing in return. Among the lottery picks the Lakers had in the mid-2010s, he turns out to be the most successful one, so far.

3) Wasting the three #2 picks. None of them became a significant contributor to the Lakers, let alone stars, let alone superstars. None of them could even sniff the playoffs before Lebron came, so spare me the BS like "BI averaged 16 ppg so he's a significant contributor". 16 ppg on a non-playoff team? C'mon!!!

Of course, the most damaging one was picking 'Zo over Tatum. It practically gifted #18 to the Celtics.

Of course, the Lakers made three good moves during the same period, two of them led to the 2020 title: lure Lebron to sign with the team and trade for AD; the other one? trade Bynum for Dwight. Not sure if it's dumb luck or what? After his 2nd team All-NBA in 2011-12, Bynum never played significant minutes again. So it's a trade of damaged goods for a 1st team All-NBA center that still have something left in the tank (Dwight still average ~15 ppg and 10+ rpg for 5 seasons after he left the Lakers). Too bad they chose to keep Kobe instead of Dwight.

Now just hold up right there... when did the Celtics win their 18th championship? Am I missing something here?

And in what world do the Lakers win a championship without AD? Come on guy.

And no... the Spurs gifted Derrick White to the Celtics for the 25th pick. He's their difference maker in the series and the reason they may overcome a 3-0 deficit:

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:

You keep repeating the same old sh*t.

I'll keep using the same stuff to refute you. Just to let you know, I am here for the last say, so I'll respond until you stop.

You have no guarantee that AD would be available a year later, you admitted that. In other words, signing AD as a FA a year later was only a pipe dream.

You claim that we traded away for AD, yet you confessed that we had re-built the depth by February in 2023. So your statements are contradictory.

Keep repeating the same stuff don't help your argument, but help expose your own contradictions.

We all repeat the same old sh*t

Except some of us lurk for eleven years until the feeling festers to the point where they can no longer take it I suppose.

Since you've followed my posts for so long, then you also know I don't mind going on either.

Teams can rebuild in one year let alone four.

I'm contradicting nothing.

We made an overpay in 2019.

In 2023 we made a series of trades that played to our advantage.

The fact that you believe this is some sort of verbal checkmate is very amusing to me.

I'm going out soon, but if you continue to reply, chances are I will later if I see it.
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:

I'll keep using the same stuff to refute you. Just to let you know, I am here for the last say, so I'll respond until you stop.

You claim that we traded away for AD, yet you confessed that we had re-built the depth by February in 2023. So your statements are contradictory.

Except some of us lurk for eleven years until the feeling festers to the point where they can no longer take it I suppose.

Since you've followed my posts for so long, then you also know I don't mind going on either.

The fact that you believe this is some sort of verbal checkmate is very amusing to me.

I'm going out soon, but if you continue to reply, chances are I will later if I see it.

I will go on until you stop your nonsense. You can count on that. So you are ON!!!

So we can rebuild easily in 4 years, so what the big deal about the depth the Lakers gave up that you cried about?

In 2023 we made a series of trades because we had the assets to make that trade. That assets included Westbrook. We acquired Westbrook because we had assets to trade for him back in 2021. In other words, your "overpay" is soundly refuted by yourself.

In other words, your claim that we gave up a lot of depth for AD is really BS. The trades afterwards proved you wrong.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:

I will go on until you stop your nonsense. You can count on that. So you are ON!!!

So we can rebuild easily in 4 years, so what the big deal about the depth the Lakers gave up that you cried about?

In 2023 we made a series of trades because we had the assets to make that trade. That assets included Westbrook. We acquired Westbrook because we had assets to trade for him back in 2021. In other words, your "overpay" is soundly refuted by yourself.

In other words, your claim that we gave up a lot of depth for AD is really BS. The trades afterwards proved you wrong.

You know the expression "broken play" It applies in basketball but mainly in football.

Salaries

Rk Salary
1 LeBron James $37,436,858
2 Anthony Davis $27,093,019
3 Danny Green $14,634,146
4 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $8,089,282
5 Luol Deng $5,000,000
6 Avery Bradley $4,767,000
7 JaVale McGee $4,000,000
8 DeMarcus Cousins $3,500,000
9 Quinn Cook $3,000,000
10 Alex Caruso $2,750,000
11 Jared Dudley $2,564,753
12 Rajon Rondo $2,564,753
13 Dwight Howard $2,564,753
14 Troy Daniels $2,028,594
15 Kyle Kuzma $1,974,600
16 Markieff Morris $1,750,000
17 Talen Horton-Tucker $898,310
18 Dion Waiters $503,656

When a team relies on their 10th, 12th, 13th, and 15th highest paid players to win a title.

It usually isn't a good plan.
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:

You know the expression "broken play" It applies in basketball but mainly in football.

Salaries

Rk Salary
5 Luol Deng $5,000,000
9 Quinn Cook $3,000,000
15 Kyle Kuzma $1,974,600
18 Dion Waiters $503,656

When a team relies on their 10th, 12th, 13th, and 15th highest paid players to win a title.

That's funny. Your claim is "the Lakers overpaid for AD". That's soundly refuted by the assets sent out and acquired in the Westbrook trade (in 2021 and 2023, respectively). No more arguments there?

Now you want to talk salary?

You first admit that your "overpay theory" is nonsense HERE, then I'll talk salary with you...
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
We gave Kobe & Pau Orlando Dwight and got swept in the 1st round.

No, that was Dwight with a ruined back and shoulders, not Orlando Dwight. And it wasn’t the same Pau either. And Kobe tore his Achilles— wouldn’t have been a sweep otherwise.

All of that is true. Howard was still putting up good counting numbers, but he was diminished from his heyday in Orlando. Gasol was hurt and was beginning the downside of his career. And of course Kobe got hurt.

Don't forget the idiotic coach.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
We gave Kobe & Pau Orlando Dwight and got swept in the 1st round.

No, that was Dwight with a ruined back and shoulders, not Orlando Dwight. And it wasn’t the same Pau either. And Kobe tore his Achilles— wouldn’t have been a sweep otherwise.

All of that is true. Howard was still putting up good counting numbers, but he was diminished from his heyday in Orlando. Gasol was hurt and was beginning the downside of his career. And of course Kobe got hurt.

Don't forget the idiotic coach.

I don’t think Phil Jackson himself would have saved that team. D’Antoni and Mike Brown are both two time Coaches of the Year (they each won one Coach of the Year Award before coming to the Lakers, and one after). So those are both clearly above average coaches.

It was an injury prone team with big egos that even when healthy had significant problems. All three main guards (Kobe, Nash, Jodie Meeks) were defensive matadors, and so was Pau. So even when healthy, they were playing 2 on 5 on defense. Then you have two guys in Pau and Dwight who are basically redundant on offense and a major deadweight in Metta World Peace.

If fully healthy, I think that team is still below OKC, San Antonio, and definitely Miami.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I evaluate decisions based on the information we had at the time, not in hindsight.

I had issues with the Kobe extension, the Westbrook trade, and letting Randall go for nothing.

I don't have a problem with the three guys we selected at the number two slot. Sure, in hindsight, there were better choices. But that's almost always the case. I think they were reasonable choices at the time so I wouldn't call those bad decisions.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject:

This thread is probably one of the dumbest on LG

MOVE ON!!!!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

MOVE ON!!!!

This is America. You are under no obligation to view or post in this thread.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

MOVE ON!!!!

This is America. You are under no obligation to view or post in this thread.

Good joke. Lets just say LG Free Speech is a different animal.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
WorthyNum1 wrote:

Salaries

Rk Salary
5 Luol Deng $5,000,000
9 Quinn Cook $3,000,000
15 Kyle Kuzma $1,974,600
18 Dion Waiters $503,656

That's funny. Your claim is "the Lakers overpaid for AD". That's soundly refuted by the assets sent out and acquired in the Westbrook trade (in 2021 and 2023, respectively). No more arguments there?

Now you want to talk salary?

You first admit that your "overpay theory" is nonsense HERE, then I'll talk salary with you...

Actually thay did overpay for AD..smh. Lets go back in Lakers History..smh.

Lakers had multiple 1st Rd draftpcks of BI/Russ/Lonzo and quality role players Hart/Zubac/+ Assets of multple 1st Rnd Assets

That went out for AD

However, the Pelicans really at that point werent suppose to be in the driver's seat or demanding anything. Why?
During that time AD had publically let it be known he didnt want to be there. Futhe rmore, when he injured his shoulder midway thru the season..FANS we're upset claiming ..even then.. that he was too soft and injury prone but this last injury where he just walked off the court and didnt come back? Many were seeing it as he simply quit on the team and season. Those fans WANTED HIM GONE along with Management. So they had no upper hand...The reason we gave away everything was due to Tragic as th GM, and him coming out saying what he would do to get AD...sad..idiot. The Pel smelled blood due to Tragic as the GM and thats where they came with that crazy offer. They problably thought no GM would be that stupid to get them with how much they demanded. They just didnt know the boundless Stupidity Tragic had in him.

Would AD had come the following year?

Sure!. Everybody and their mom that half way knew about basketball knew he was seeking Lakers as his only destination. Tragic was just bidding against himself really. We could have got him later on but LECry and Tragic wanted everyone gone just to get him and sure they had been talking to AD before hand..Heck he was under Klutch at that time!...Duh?!

Compare RUi/DLo/Vando/Bease of 2023 to what we gave up to get AD? Its not even close..we still on the hook till this day with that trade as we didnt have a valid PG..this was really shown when Rhondo(became a band aid even though we did win a chip with but he was at near retirement) left...which led to Shro..Which ultimatley brung in the WB debacle all started with what? The Trade for AD...i.e. no real starting true PG. We also lost a real good C in Zu but im not even going there...as that led to older vet centers of Mcgee and Howard.

Moreoever was it worh it? Well that matters on when you became the fan of the lakers.. If its back in the early 90s and earlier..NOPE.

If your in this day and age say 2000's till now then year as you can hang your reason on the bubble chip. the "Atleast we got a chip our of it" crowd.
Older lakers fans would reply "So? Thats not but one ring. Its not a dynasty Its nothing like what we got from the contributions of Kareem or Shaq..sooooo? Do we suppose to jump up and down for that?"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 23 of 28
Jump to: